PDA

View Full Version : Are pinks really better?

ken.yoonly
08-31-2010, 04:33 AM
I have two lvl30 staff. One pink and purple.

The purple stats seems so much better. What should I use? Maybe I may have missed out something.

Pink: Dreamer's Icebolt Staff Lvl 30
66-74dmg, 1.3speed, 7 int, 3 H/s, 2 M/s

Purple: Ice Blast Staff of the owl Lvl 30
70-80dmg, 1.3speed, 5 Int, 2% crit, 3 H/s, 1 armor

Help advise

TwinkTastical
08-31-2010, 04:39 AM
first off your comparing two totally different staves.. Dreamer icebolt wins , more int, more regen. Ill post dreamer ice blast stats... then u can compare

70-80dmg, 1.3speed, 7 int, 2 M/S, 3 H/s, 1 armor

There, fair comparison

KingFu
08-31-2010, 04:41 AM
First off not all pinks are better, for example, of Mastery, isn't as good as Of the Owl.

You need to remember, DPS isn't everything, it is important, but not everything. Some people prefer a damage base, so their damage is higher than their DPS. 20 DPS is a lot, so if you have a weapon with 20 more DPS, use that (unless you want a damage base), but in a case of about 5 DPS, if the stats are much different, and the stats on the lesser DPS item are better for you, use that.

If I were you, I would go with the Dreamer's Icebolt Staff, it has 2 M/S which is very important for mages, it has the same H/S, on top of M/S. I believe Icebolt staffs have AoE (area of effect) which when you attack, it hits more than 1 opponent, it hits all the enemies in a given area, but I am not positive on that.

I would honestly choose the Dreamer's Icebolt Staff, it has M/S and a little less DPS but the M/S makes up for it. I would definitely go with the Dreamer's, whether it has AoE or not.

ken.yoonly
08-31-2010, 05:49 AM
hi thanks for the replies! learning more and more each day. (the last game I played was diablo 1) hahaa

sorry in advance for this noob question:
both have speed of 1.3. So the pink has more dps, where on the stats I can see the dps?

KingFu
08-31-2010, 05:52 AM
You cant see an items DPS, what you do is take the average damage, and divide the damage by the speed, so a wepon that has these stats:
40-50 damage .5 speed

Would have a DPS of:
If my math is correrct.

TwinkTastical
08-31-2010, 11:58 AM
theres also the "dps" on the stats screen -.- math bugs me :D

ken.yoonly
08-31-2010, 08:10 PM
oh thanks! got it!