PDA

View Full Version : Vanity pop up message

Prestige
08-20-2012, 07:55 AM
I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if the everyone on the entire game saw a message saying so and so found a vanity. Not including classic or pet vanities, maybe not including a name, but a message showing that someone found a vanity. I don't know maybe this is a bad idea... just tossing it up in the air.

LookBehindMe
08-20-2012, 08:05 AM
If see the potential for mobbing.

bronislav84
08-20-2012, 08:24 AM
I see the potential for never seeing the floating notifications you want to see on time because of this delaying them.

Prestige
08-20-2012, 09:15 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of showing up in message box not popping out at you sorry. I was more curious about how often one is found. Not sure what you mean by mobbing if there is no name shown. But yeah it can get annoying when you see blue letters pop up and it isn't yours.

Mitchturbo
08-20-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm more worried about random people coming up to you, congratulating you then begging you to trade ect .... That would annoy everyone.

Prestige
08-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Which is why I suggested it to remain anonymous. But I can see how it can upset players as well. Either way a lot merchants at blackstar can get annoying with their low ball offers.

Zaonabiuibil
08-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Yes, let's do that, so when they see someone got a mech helm and it's 90% likely a newbie, they can jump to Numa, find the player, and get it for 5k.

Prestige
08-20-2012, 12:13 PM
For some reason people keep over reading my comment about it being anonymous. The people who merchant in blackstar are likely to rip those players off anyways... I forgot some people have no integrity. Let's be honest even if you are an experienced player... There is always that one guy who pesters you on selling a vanity to him whether or not he knows you found it.

Let me just end the thread here
/end thread

Zaonabiuibil
08-20-2012, 12:58 PM
For some reason people keep over reading my comment about it being anonymous. The people who merchant in blackstar are likely to rip those players off anyways... I forgot some people have no integrity. Let's be honest even if you are an experienced player... There is always that one guy who pesters you on selling a vanity to him whether or not he knows you found it.

Let me just end the thread here
/end thread

No I read it, I'm just saying people know where the vanities drop and what maps, they'd know where to head.

LookBehindMe
08-21-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm more worried about random people coming up to you, congratulating you then begging you to trade ect .... That would annoy everyone.

My idea of mobbing is that x200

Prestige
08-21-2012, 09:39 PM

My idea of mobbing is that x200

This already happens with almost every merchant that spams trying to buy vanities, but I see your point.