PDA

View Full Version : Okay so what should I do....seriously demotivated.

Bunnyshoota
08-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Guys,

I've played PL for almost 2 years. I've been off and on this game, and throughout this time I've made about 1-1.5 million gold (yeah not alot).
However, recently, a person in game traded me a L56 merrymaker shirt of mimicry for MY L58 strongmans glyph mace, armor, and helm, something I spent what I could say my lives savings on.

It seemed like a good trade at the time, but within 12 hours the price of merrymakers dropped from 1.6 mill to 600k. So yeah. All I've earned over 2 years cut in half in 12 hours.

I practically begged the guy I traded it too to trade back, but that didn't work, with him complaining I had the L58 strongman shield, which I didn't. So now I'm stuck with this piece of crap. I really want to continue playing PL, but I just don't know :/

So either I can try convincing him (if hes reading this, I'm begging you to please trade back) or someone can give me 650k. (pretty much joking on second option) Or maybe I'll move on to another game....

So what should I do?
Please no trolling.........and I'm really serious about this.

TEOKILLO
08-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Ive lost alot more on bad trades too/ scams :( all i can say is dont give up, keep farming or merch up
Slowly and youll get it back

ooommmggg
08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm sorry bro...
Keep playing! You can always come back from a big loss!

Worship
08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Keep playing.
I remember someone just earlier posted: Hard work brings bad luck.

Just keep playing! Try doing what he did to you, trade someone the merrymaker for the Lv58 set

Energizeric
08-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Never trade well established items for new items that have unstable prices unless you are willing to gamble.

Bunnyshoota
08-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Keep playing.
I remember someone just earlier posted: Hard work brings bad luck.

Just keep playing! Try doing what he did to you, trade someone the merrymaker for the Lv58 set

Thanks everyone. This wont work because the price of merrymaker just dropped 1 mill.

Also ty energizeric, thanks for the tip. I guess I learned the hard way.

Dudjdj
08-20-2012, 06:19 PM
U can have my custom set:)

XghostzX
08-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Keep playing man. I've lost about 2 mill through one trade and yeah sure, I was seriously demotivated. It happens, we make mistakes.

Keep on farming too... I know it's a pain, but you can do it!

Bunnyshoota
08-20-2012, 06:22 PM
U can have my custom set:)

You're joking right?

Even if you're serious I couldn't take it. It's yours :(

Dudjdj
08-20-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm not joking I just feel generous

Energizeric
08-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Also ty energizeric, thanks for the tip. I guess I learned the hard way.

There no guarantee that any gear is going to hold its value, but new expensive gear is almost guaranteed to go down in value.

Think for a moment and name some armor that drops (non-crafted) that's been out longer than a month that is worth more than 1m. Other than dragon vanity armor, there is none. So I'm not sure why you figured merrymaker armor, which does not even have good stats, would be the one to hold value above 1m.

In general everything is high priced when new and then drops in value. The smartest move you can make is to farm for new items and sell them all immediately and only get the new gear for yourself when it has come down in price. Now of course we all like the glory of walking around with a brand new set and everyone telling us how nice it is. But you do this at an expense. So the best way to play is probably to find a nice middle ground between these two. Don't spend every last penny on new gear as you are sure to get burned most of the time. But perhaps once in a while treat yourself to something new, just don't spend money on it that you cannot afford to lose.

My nice middle ground is that I usually put together a new set by farming for items, and then trading the ones I don't need for the ones I need to complete a set. Then I wear the set for a day or two, and then sell it. Later on if I had liked the set, then I buy it back when price has dropped.

kiitz
08-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Step 1: Buy 2000 plat pack
Step 2: Buy elixirs with rerolls
Step 3: Farm the crap out stuff (possibly 3 plat dungeons)

OR if you are poor IRL, just skip straight to Step 3 and just farm the crap out of stuff. That is really the main way people make money in the game.

Bunnyshoota
08-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Well thanks everyone :)
If it weren't for the great community, I would've been out of here ages ago :)

Especially thanks to dudjdj

I'll be on later if anyone wants to chill so I guess I'll stay.

MightyMicah
08-20-2012, 06:42 PM
@Bunny I read the title and thought "amen!" I'm currently in a very very similar boat. Not due to to a scam, but rather the recent drop in item value caused by the new forgotten treasure campaign.

Anyways, I've been thinking the same thing. Kind of like a "what now?" idea. I was thinking about farming for 56 glyph? You wanna join me? Also I'm gonna start playing Star Wars The Old Republic. Maybe we could both start that together as noobs? :D

Bunnyshoota
08-20-2012, 06:52 PM
@Bunny I read the title and thought "amen!" I'm currently in a very very similar boat. Not due to to a scam, but rather the recent drop in item value caused by the new forgotten treasure campaign.

Anyways, I've been thinking the same thing. Kind of like a "what now?" idea. I was thinking about farming for 56 glyph? You wanna join me? Also I'm gonna start playing Star Wars The Old Republic. Maybe we could both start that together as noobs? :D

Dude I was just about to commit myself to farming 56 glyph!
Yeah that forgotten treasure thing plus losing money was what made me sad.......

But yeah add knightmarewar :) I'd love to farm with you or play another game.

Fyrce
08-20-2012, 06:59 PM
It happens. Keep playing and farming, but yeah, when it happens it can be pretty depressing for a little bit.
I've had devaluations, bad buys, bad sells periodically. It just happens if you trade/buy/sell stuff.
Farming and getting drops is a very good antidote for bad trading.

Other than that, yep, have paid a few mil for an item knowing it'd go down in price eventually and seen stuff go down in price faster than I thought. I just remember it's fake money.

Besides, I've also bought things I thought were cheap and seen them double/triple/etc in price due to no reason I could fathom and wished I'd stocked up more :) So it goes both ways.

It's a game. Go play!

MightyMicah
08-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Dude I was just about to commit myself to farming 56 glyph!
Yeah that forgotten treasure thing plus losing money was what made me sad.......

But yeah add knightmarewar :) I'd love to farm with you or play another game.

Really? Haha alright awesome! My 55, soon to be 56, is MasterMicah. Hopefully we can at least get one worthwhile pink.

Hadesofshadow
08-20-2012, 07:06 PM
in 2 years you made 1.2m?

i made 6m in 2 months

Xionskull
08-20-2012, 07:16 PM

i made 6m in 2 months

:( sorry bro, look me up if u ever wanna do dragon,,

Lolz I made 600k 2yrs (with merching and farming.)

It's also possible to get rich fast with platinum, friend got 8m- half a day. :Hardcore baba.

Worship
08-20-2012, 07:24 PM
It's also possible to get rich fast with platinum

Yeah buy 2000 plat, then transfer it to gold!

Bunnyshoota
08-20-2012, 07:44 PM

i made 6m in 2 months

Well maybe its because I'm not as greedy as you. I literally gave away half my wealth (about 800k) one year ago to help colton with his make a wish program.

Kaytar
08-20-2012, 08:00 PM
I know how you feel. Lost my savings on an Islander staff when humania came out
Bought for 1 mil and price.dropped to about 30k

maneatingtree
08-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Dudj why so generous?

Dudjdj
08-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Dudj why so generous?
Why not...I gave you a set and I'm pretty sure he won't loose the custom lol

Bunnyshoota
08-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Why not...I gave you a set and I'm pretty sure he won't loose the custom lol

def not :)
Hey you wanna farm L56 glyph this weekend with me?

ThePvpTwink
08-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Im only a millionaire and have no more than 5m total in items and gold even after playing for 2 years...without plat.

I just give a lot of it away in contests or spend on potions for farming. U arent the only one.

Dont accept big trades like that for new items that r still dropping in price :)

Bunnyshoota
08-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Im only a millionaire and have no more than 5m total in items and gold even after playing for 2 years...without plat.

I just give a lot of it away in contests or spend on potions for farming. U arent the only one.

Dont accept big trades like that for new items that r still dropping in price :)

Yep, know that now :)

Subscriber
08-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Gave away 12.2m to friends, meh, made 4m back in about 2 weeks and I'm on about 6m/20m.. Meaning I'm almost back to my initial amount of gold, I'll be willing to give you some money, cool guy.

Rare
08-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Think about it this way. It only takes one dragon vanity and you can have 10x that

Bunnyshoota
08-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Think about it this way. It only takes one dragon vanity and you can have 10x that

Yeah, but chances of that are slim. Think about it this way:

The amount of people in PL with dragon vanity = 1 million times those that dont.

Whirlzap
08-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Yeah, but chances of that are slim. Think about it this way:

The amount of people in PL with dragon vanity = 1 million times those that dont.

Or you could possibly get on right now and whisper "Whirlsmule"

Subscriber
08-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Or you could possibly get on right now and whisper "Whirlsmule"

Poor.

Dudjdj
08-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Bunny farm where like the 3p map or regular?

Bunnyshoota
08-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Bunny farm where like the 3p map or regular?

3p map.

Add knightmarewar. I have about 200 plat left