PDA

View Full Version : Weapon and armor testing grounds

Amicusdei
12-22-2022, 05:33 AM
With the great expense that comes with some of the better items in the game, I think it would be nice to have a feature that allowed you to select weapon, armor, and pet combinations in an event map sort of format. Work through a few decent mobs and fight a juicy boss at the end.

I for one would like to be able to test drive a 100m+ weapon before I buy it or spend hundreds of real dollars on plat.

No gold drops, no item drops, no aps. Nothing to take back to the regular game, just the opportunity to make a more informed decision.

Keep up all the good work guys, a lot of us out here really appreciate it.

Sakura Bushido
12-22-2022, 05:59 AM
I had this idea of training dummy furniture too, showing damage and maybe a counter above the furniture to show damage p/s. If furniture pressed it resets.

Could allow for nice testing etc

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G996B met Tapatalk

arcaneping
12-22-2022, 09:41 AM
Like pubg have the training grounds too

flashio
12-22-2022, 04:03 PM
Came up with a similar some time ago, sadly got declined, maybe they change their mind now:
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?628273-Trial-Cave

Switchback
12-22-2022, 04:13 PM
I remember wanting Battle Dummy Furniture where u can test stuff, for gh or houses.

Synergia
12-22-2022, 04:16 PM
This is why some people make tests on youtube.
I tested few of the kraken weapons on my channel you can check that out or visit encryption channel he also did that

Izannagi
12-23-2022, 04:06 AM
This is why some people make tests on youtube.
I tested few of the kraken weapons on my channel you can check that out or visit encryption channel he also did that

Yes but most of AL youtuber's contents are lame. No thing to be laughed at. Just talk. Theres no attraction and excitement.
I agree with the training ground
+1111111111

Avaree
12-23-2022, 03:05 PM
I appreciate those who take the time to show players how new weapons proc, and all that, but it’s not the same as hands on.
Waaay back a player trusted a word of a YouTuber only to pay an obscene amount of gold for a weap that was underwhelming.

note: it was not either of the 2 YouTubers mentioned above.

chiiwawa
12-24-2022, 09:30 PM
With the great expense that comes with some of the better items in the game, I think it would be nice to have a feature that allowed you to select weapon, armor, and pet combinations in an event map sort of format. Work through a few decent mobs and fight a juicy boss at the end.

I for one would like to be able to test drive a 100m+ weapon before I buy it or spend hundreds of real dollars on plat.

No gold drops, no item drops, no aps. Nothing to take back to the regular game, just the opportunity to make a more informed decision.

Keep up all the good work guys, a lot of us out here really appreciate it.

Just like irL once it leaves the store its used. So then sts would have to open a used weapons store, pawn shop, not to mention used pets. Ive been lobbying for a used pet lot for the past 2 years. no luck yet.

Amicusdei
12-25-2022, 02:35 PM
Just like irL once it leaves the store its used. So then sts would have to open a used weapons store, pawn shop, not to mention used pets. Ive been lobbying for a used pet lot for the past 2 years. no luck yet.

Used and new don't really apply in a virtual environment.
Equipment doesn't wear out or require repair due to use.

As for pets, because they level up they get better with age.
If anything a "used" pet would sell for more than a "new" pet.

The only downside I see is that someone who would have taken a chance at acquiring an expensive item might decide it's not worth it after all, but the reverse might also apply just as often.

Finally, these items would never enter the regular game market.
What happens in the testing ground stays in the testing ground.
The only benefit is hands on experience with an item.

It could also be an opportunity for a gold sink if there was a door charge or increased fee to use based on weapon rarity.

Onlykillmob
12-25-2022, 04:40 PM
yes

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

chiiwawa
12-25-2022, 06:51 PM
Used and new don't really apply in a virtual environment.
Equipment doesn't wear out or require repair due to use.

As for pets, because they level up they get better with age.
If anything a "used" pet would sell for more than a "new" pet.

The only downside I see is that someone who would have taken a chance at acquiring an expensive item might decide it's not worth it after all, but the reverse might also apply just as often.

Finally, these items would never enter the regular game market.
What happens in the testing ground stays in the testing ground.
The only benefit is hands on experience with an item.

It could also be an opportunity for a gold sink if there was a door charge or increased fee to use based on weapon rarity.

LOL. brother get a sense of humor 😄

Amicusdei
12-27-2022, 05:51 AM
LOL. brother get a sense of humor ��

Must have missed the funny part.
I can be a bit slow sometimes.

Oakmaiden
12-30-2022, 07:26 AM
Must have missed the funny part.
I can be a bit slow sometimes.

Ikr, I get the same. If ya don’t plus one their “awesome “idea, suddenly your “ triggered or bitter” . People should stop adding emotions to simple statements. Your post was reasonable.

ShuryOaken
12-30-2022, 11:46 AM
This would be dope

Enviado do meu SM-S908B através do Tapatalk

chiiwawa
12-30-2022, 12:33 PM
Ikr, I get the same. If ya don’t plus one their “awesome “idea, suddenly your “ triggered or bitter” . People should stop adding emotions to simple statements. Your post was reasonable.

His post is reasonable. I would love to have a testing grounds. I was posting silly reasons why we may not get a testing grounds. Not actually directing at the op or actually thinking we would have used gear to sell or pawn hehe.

Spooked
12-31-2022, 09:15 AM
could just watch a youtube video? most i watched were under 2 minutes and the weapons turned out exactly like in the videos.
considering sts takes its sweetest time with the most simple and trivial updates, id rather not have them waste 4 weeks on this and instead come up with some endearing new content