PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten treasures ends before Fragx is killed if he's in the last chest

JaytB
08-21-2012, 07:02 AM
Not a big problem, but if Fragx spawns from the last chest, the game ends and shows 'return to town' while you're still killing him. The event will be over in a few day but figured I might as well report the issue :)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/a3b7722701ab5f3d820a6b9716ac933c.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/bb65a9ce789f1427ad2121b780969c24.jpg

Brave Sir Robin
08-21-2012, 08:13 AM
I would like to add that this is the case with all random spawning bosses in dungeons where the "number of enemies to complete the level" is specified (it's the same with King Mynas in Crush the Keeper).

The main problem is that after the "end dungeon" notification appears, if you require help with the random spawning boss no friend can join your game. It has happened before with Fragx when we needed a bird. But it also happened last night with Mynas: we had to kill the shadows 3-4 times before he appeared; when he finally decided to show up, we were out of man power. Unfortunately, no one could join to help as the "level complete" sign was there.

How to fix this? By making games marked as "complete" joinable.

bronislav84
08-21-2012, 08:42 AM
As long as there's people inside, I don't see a problem with making complete games joinable. Now joining games with 0 people should probably not be allowed, still. You know, to allow them to be removed from the system.

JaytB
08-21-2012, 08:47 AM
I would like to add that this is the case with all random spawning bosses in dungeons where the "number of enemies to complete the level" is specified (it's the same with King Mynas in Crush the Keeper).

The main problem is that after the "end dungeon" notification appears, if you require help with the random spawning boss no friend can join your game. It has happened before with Fragx when we needed a bird. But it also happened last night with Mynas: we had to kill the shadows 3-4 times before he appeared; when he finally decided to show up, we were out of man power. Unfortunately, no one could join to help as the "level complete" sign was there.

How to fix this? By making games marked as "complete" joinable.

I suspected it would happen in more places, but never experienced it myself. Thanks for the feedback!

And yes, I had that problem where we needed to invite a bird but they couldn't join.

As long as there's people inside, I don't see a problem with making complete games joinable. Now joining games with 0 people should probably not be allowed, still. You know, to allow them to be removed from the system.

I agree. I don't see a problem of letting us join completed games as long as someone is still in that room :)

Edit: ran out of thanks again :/

Rauekat
08-21-2012, 08:48 AM
I praise you for taking the time to post lol +1

JaytB
08-21-2012, 08:53 AM
I praise you for taking the time to post lol +1

Completely off topic, but I thought it was funny how we posted in eachothers thread at almost the exact same time :D

Rauekat
08-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Completely off topic, but I thought it was funny how we posted in eachothers thread at almost the exact same time :D

Ikr psychic minds ;)

Brave Sir Robin
08-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Just a small update regarding games in which the "Level complete" dialogue has appeared.

As mentioned above, these games are not joinable from the friendslist. However, they can be joined from the list of games (World map -> Join game). It's easy if the game is hosted but requires some guessing (and trial and error) in the case of unhosted games (Forgotten Treasure dungeons are always unhosted ofc). It's not perfect but it's a valid workaround.

Cinco
08-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Ah yes. We ran into the issue before FT was released and decided that we liked the fact that FragX could spawn on the final chest after the "King of Bling" was defeated... but we didn't like that the end level / exit screen was right in the middle of the action. So... we moved the end level / exit screen down by about 15% so we could still play our toons without being blocked in this (somewhat rare) case. :-)

LwMark
08-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Ah yes. We ran into the issue before FT was released and decided that we liked the fact that FragX could spawn on the final chest after the "King of Bling" was defeated... but we didn't like that the end level / exit screen was right in the middle of the action. So... we moved the end level / exit screen down by about 15% so we could still play our toons without being blocked in this (somewhat rare) case. :-)

Nice im guna go see if i can tell that its moved

JaytB
08-21-2012, 02:17 PM

Thanks for your reply :)

The problem isn't the message though, it's more that you can't invite someone while this message is displayed.

Cinco
08-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks for your reply :)

The problem isn't the message though, it's more that you can't invite someone while this message is displayed.

Understood. The method that Brave Sir Robin posted above is the 'workaround' for joining dungeons that have "ended." We do what we can to keep people from randomly joining (i.e. using a portal, the 'continue' button, etc.) games that are completed - or even *mostly* completed. This includes disallowing players to join games when they're seen as having ended.

What I've learned from this "Forgotten Treasure" case is - we need to handle it more gracefully in the future! (I do not believe we'll have a substantive change to this mechanism before the event comes to a close.)