PDA

View Full Version : Sts name changes

BEARNASTY
08-21-2012, 01:34 PM
OK so someone reported my name of DEEEEZNUTZ. I have 7 charectors with similar names.. all 7 were changed to some random name. Since u want me to spend 50 platinum to change 7 names.. you can say bye to my money.. peace out pockect legends..

LwMark
08-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Wow

Oadriusa
08-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Same thing happenend with a friend of mine .. her name changed to "adsvdsg" (sumthing like tht)

Walkhardd
08-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Lol@ whoever took the time to report that.

Oadriusa
08-21-2012, 01:40 PM
its ridiculous .. im glad she didnt quit .. cuz she had sum plat left.. otherwise , got hella pissed off

zappaxe
08-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Maybe sts should concentrate on banning all the people who curse and say really offensive things and then laugh saying reports dont work instead of ruining someones game by changing a funny and comepletely inoffensive name.

BEARNASTY
08-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Yesterday only my lvl 26 twink was the only name change.. then I logged on today and all my twinks are name changed.. when u get flagged on other mmo games they change it and then u have the chance for FREE to name change it.

KingFu
08-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Email support. They usually give people a free rename if their name was changed because it was inappropriate. 7 may be a lot t ask, but worth a shot.

Bless
08-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Not really the place to discuss this issue. I suggest u don't quit (if that's what ur gonna do) and write a ticket to the DEVS at: Support.spacetimestudios.com and hopefully they'll sort this out. I really feel for ya tho :(

~ Miracle

asdfgh
08-21-2012, 01:50 PM
how cna i chagenge naem don kno pls halp

JaytB
08-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Same happened to badazzbear just now.

Personally I don't see the harm in those names.

The thing I don't understand is why they would change the names now after people ran with them for well over a year.

I would just mail support and ask them to change the names into something you want. I'm sure they would be reasonable about it. I simply can't believe they would change your name into some random letters and charge you if you wanted another name. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Although I completely understand you being mad, don't rage quit over some name buddy. Just send a mail to support and ask them to at least give u a name you want, instead of some random characters.

STS has always been reasonable, I don't see why they wouldn't be in this case.

BEARNASTY
08-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Email support, nah.. I don't got time for that justifying why I should get a free name change.. I rather pay 50 plat.. but I'm not paying 50 plat to do that..

Snoop Dogg "stop snitching if your scared go to church"

LwMark
08-21-2012, 01:57 PM
2 Cot members? Hmmm

BEARNASTY
08-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Boss your right.. I probably won't quit but its stupid going through all this especially since I paid for one yesterday..

Jugernugetx
08-21-2012, 02:00 PM
wow. This is just... :confused:

razerfingers
08-21-2012, 02:02 PM
You serious? Dude thats not nearly as offensive as a name i had in SL id say i mean one of my alts ign is taliban well someone reported me funny thing its not changed

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

-lilithuglili
08-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Email support, nah.. I don't got time for that justifying why I should get a free name change.. I rather pay 50 plat.. but I'm not paying 50 plat to do that..

Snoop Dogg "stop snitching if your scared go to church"but you had time to make the thread and whine about it. <.<

Xionskull
08-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Same happened to badazzbear just now.

Personally I don't see the harm in those names.

The thing I don't understand is why they would change the names now after people ran with them for well over a year.

I would just mail support and ask them to change the names into something you want. I'm sure they would be reasonable about it. I simply can't believe they would change your name into some random letters and charge you if you wanted another name. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Although I completely understand you being mad, don't rage quit over some name buddy. Just send a mail to support and ask them to at least give u a name you want, instead of some random characters.

STS has always been reasonable, I don't see why they wouldn't be in this case.

Ikr in one of the flame bows description, it's says one bad a** flame job! I domt think they should think its bad if they say it themselves for all to see.

JaytB
08-21-2012, 02:12 PM
but you had time to make the thread and whine about it. <.<

To troll somewhere else. Thx.

-lilithuglili
08-21-2012, 02:30 PM

To troll somewhere else. Thx.nty i like it here. And its not trolling its common sense. Which so many ppl lack here apparently

Rare
08-21-2012, 02:30 PM

HEY!! LOOK! Its a

kallima
08-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Bear, I hope you don't quit and if you do email STS, maybe argue your case as to why it's NOT offensive. I personally lol'ed everytime I saw that name because it reminded me of the Jerky Boys!!! I mean what is wrong with referencing pop culture!?

and for those of you that don't know them, google it, some hilarious stuff. imho at least ;D

BEARNASTY
08-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah I do have time to talk to the community of pocket legends, but not email support. Why?? cause its a waste of time to email with no response back. Where I can vent it out here.. and get constructive criticism... to maybe get me in the mood to do it.

BEARNASTY
08-21-2012, 02:37 PM
If that is not enough common sense for u.. then u shouldn't assume stupidly.. next time think of the whole big picture instead trying to troll.

Rare
08-21-2012, 02:38 PM

BEARNASTY
08-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Bear, I hope you don't quit and if you do email STS, maybe argue your case as to why it's NOT offensive. I personally lol'ed everytime I saw that name because it reminded me of the Jerky Boys!!! I mean what is wrong with referencing pop culture!?

and for those of you that don't know them, google it, some hilarious stuff. imho at least ;D

See that's stuff I need to hear.. unlike the other... thank u all for the positive feed back.. also I'm gonna wait and see how badazzbear wants to go about it as well.

Nihiliste
08-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Oh my gawd, remember that guy that got rejected by a COT member? Not sure who it was but he probably is the one who reported.

BEARNASTY
08-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Oh my gawd, remember that guy that got rejected by a COT member? Not sure who it was but he probably is the one who reported.

Idk some one hated on 2 of us.. lol

NotYoCookiez
08-21-2012, 02:47 PM

All you gotta do is click report name and that's it, report has Been sent.

Walkhardd
08-21-2012, 02:52 PM

All you gotta do is click report name and that's it, report has Been sent.

Is that how you do it? -_-

JaytB
08-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Maybe it's because English isn't my native language, but I still don't get what's wrong with your original name.

Just send that mail already. Your name is your identity in this game and I'm fairly positive that if they don't give your original name back, at least they would change it to something else if you suggested other names.

bobfredd
08-21-2012, 02:55 PM
It seems like they gathered up all the people who were reported for their names and changed them yesterday to sone random letters so u can spend 50 platinum to change it to something else. It happened to a friend of mine yesterday who had the name sexybtch and it got changed to asdfasdf , something like that, i kno it was a bad name but at least give em a a chance to change it to what they want. Oh and also the name is still the same in the guild charter, bug?

BEARNASTY
08-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Maybe it's because English isn't my native language, but I still don't get what's wrong with your original name.

Just send that mail already. Your name is your identity in this game and I'm fairly positive that if they don't give your original name back, at least they would change it to something else if you suggested other names.

Boss I wasn't talking to u either. Lol.. it was for the troll..

BEARNASTY
08-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Thank you all for the positive feed back.. I'll hit the thanks on all when I'm done grocery shopping

-lilithuglili
08-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah I do have time to talk to the community of pocket legends, but not email support. Why?? cause its a waste of time to email with no response back. Where I can vent it out here.. and get constructive criticism... to maybe get me in the mood to do it.you would get a reply from support lol theyre very good about replying in 1 or 2 days and its worth it instead of spending 50 plat moron

BEARNASTY
08-21-2012, 03:06 PM
you would get a reply from support lol theyre very good about replying in 1 or 2 days and its worth it instead of spending 50 plat morob

True.. but the community has a faster response with constructive criticism. Maybe if I didn't have post this thread I would of uninstalled and moved on.. now with all the positive fees back I can second choice that thought.. oh btw looks like I hit button.. u seem mad cause your trolling ain't hurting.. grow up kid.

JaytB
08-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Boss I wasn't talking to u either. Lol.. it was for the troll..

Yeah, I got that buddy :)

you would get a reply from support lol theyre very good about replying in 1 or 2 days and its worth it instead of spending 50 plat moron

There's only 1 moron here, you can see him when you look in the mirror ;)

Walkhardd
08-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Thugs play mobile memos? O.O

-lilithuglili
08-21-2012, 03:18 PM
you would get a reply from support lol theyre very good about replying in 1 or 2 days and its worth it instead of spending 50 plat morob

True.. but the community has a faster response with constructive criticism. Maybe if I didn't have post this thread I would of uninstalled and moved on.. now with all the positive fees back I can second choice that thought.. oh btw looks like I hit button.. u seem mad cause your trolling ain't hurting.. grow up kid.lol w.e. Go on not using common sense wasting money dumass im done herr

BEARNASTY
08-21-2012, 03:19 PM
lol w.e. Go on not using common sense wasting money dumass im done herr

Peace out

BEARNASTY
08-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Beeep beeeep... sorry walk

Kraze
08-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Well and support isn't always that fast I'm still looking for resolution on an issue 2 months 6 emails later....but hang in there random letters ain't that bad just stop buying plat it's what I did

BEARNASTY
08-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Well and support isn't always that fast I'm still looking for resolution on an issue 2 months 6 emails later....but hang in there random letters ain't that bad just stop buying plat it's what I did

Trust me I'm not.. lol

CrimsonTider
08-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Where do I begin....

First, as I said last night bro, I hate hearing that. And now seeing this has happened to Badazz(again) and others makes me think it has more to do with quality control than reporting. Could be possible STS has some people rummaging through names and resetting the "bad ones." OR some AoA, troll wannabe is going around reporting every little thing they see

If it is in fact STS "cleaning up the game", then 2 things should happen: 1. Free renaming (especially for those of you who've had your name for long periods of time.), and 2. Time to clean up the "***"es and "bastard"s in some of the weapon names and description. I also feel there should be an email sent to notify the person of the offense and what caused the change.

Now, I am all for cleaning up parts of the game (names, language, etc.) However, STS needs to be an equal opportunity hater. What I mean is all the "gtfo"s and "stfu"s should be cleaned up as well.

For the thread troll: You sir made me laugh. Not because you are funny, but because you called someone a "dumass" and were too "dumb" to spell it correctly. :)

CrimsonTider
08-21-2012, 04:19 PM
*oops*

Rauekat
08-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Gotta love badassbird's new name: Peekaboikillu XD

Delphina
08-21-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm going to close this thread. The best thing to do is to e-mail support and see if they can change your names for you.