PDA

View Full Version : tab key breaks keyboard controls on Chrome

Fusionstrike
08-21-2012, 05:21 PM
I found that if you accidentally press the tab key while playing PL on Chrome all keys stop responding. You can still click things with the mouse, but every key on the keyboard is ignored. I tried this a few times and found that it happens every time. My OS is Windows 7 in case that's relevant.

I also notice that there's still the problem on Chrome that pressing the space bar activates nearby "touchable" items, such as vinnie the vendor and signs in the environment. This is a problem because that key is also used to attack. So if you try to attack a mob while standing too close to a sign, for example, you get the giant screen-covering dialog with the sign's contents right as you're trying to fight. It is super annoying.

Both of these Chrome issues are easy to reproduce so it should be very easy to fix and they have significant impact on the playability of PL on Chrome, so they really need to be addressed.

Worship
08-21-2012, 05:36 PM
About the tab key...

Umm that's what a tab key is for..

Press it, and it automatically moves the mouse to the next available link (If you press enter after pressing Tab). In your case, pressing the tab key will just movie it to the URL^

If you want to 'activate' the game again, just click on it :p

PatsoeGamer
08-22-2012, 05:44 AM
Hey fusion do you know if a post exists with all the keyboard controls? I started playing on chrome again the other day and it was no fun fumbling around with a mouse and keyboard lol

JaytB
08-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Hey fusion do you know if a post exists with all the keyboard controls? I started playing on chrome again the other day and it was no fun fumbling around with a mouse and keyboard lol

PL Chrome controls

W = move forward
A = move left
S = move back
D = move right
Q = left turn
E = right turn
Spacebar to auto attack
r = switch bank of abilities
i = inventory
c = avatar
[ = health potion
] = mana potion
m = minimap.
1 = skill in spot one
2 = skill in spot two
3 = skill in spot three
4 = skill in spot four
5 = skill in spot five
6 = skill in spot six
7 = skill in spot seven
8 = skill in spot eight
9 = skill in spot nine
0 = skill in spot ten
- = skill in spot eleven
= = skill in spot twelve

To type is ENTER key then it will pull up the message box and you will type your message.

Fusionstrike
08-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Actually, if you click on the game with the mouse inside the normal PL screen area, it does NOT fix the problem. Instead, it simply acts as a touch event, moving the character around or whatever. To restore the keyboard controls, you must click OUTSIDE the game area in the side border region to the left or right of the main game area. This is hardly intuitive since clicking in the "real" game screen really ought to do the same thing. I presume this is a Chrome thing though, not something PL has any control over.

And the spacebar sign issue is a real thing that need attention. Please fix this annoying thing, STS.