PDA

View Full Version : Weird Fact

Battlegrinder
08-21-2012, 09:12 PM
So, while I was writing my SL novel, I decide to do some research on the names of the various people you encounter. So far, the most unusual name reference I've found is that Dr. McCreary, the boss of the first campaign, shares his name with....... Bear McCreary, the music composer for Battlestar Galactica (reimagining), Caprica, Eureka, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Human Target, The Walking Dead and The Cape.

Weird that the Boss of a Sci-fi video game shares his name with a sci-fi music composer. This seems to be streaching coincidence quite a bit. Do you think the name reference was intentional?

urmommy
08-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Hmmm.. well it could have been, but Idk :/

Ihavenokills
08-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Sts loveeess to throw in random Easter eggs related to sci-fi things in the game. Pay attention to weapon discriptions and you'll see quite a few. Quick one off the top of my head, look at the sci-fi vanity shirts that drop from bosses.. looks just like something off of star trek......... *shifty eyes*

flashbackflip
08-22-2012, 05:27 AM
i'm sure it IS intentional

guys at STS have good sense of humor - just read the descriptions of weapons and vanities (especially 'classic scifi' - each is a riddle)

btw, mate, i missed your starting post about using characters in yo novel - so i'd like to give you mine now. check my blog (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/blog.php?61299-flashbackflip/page2)to get the background of Flashbackflip

i started to write it out of the same motives as you)) though stopped at some point.. still want to continue, but have too many stuff to do in real life recently) this year is busy for me.. too many work-related writings and presentations.. huh

hopefully we will be able to interlink our stories later if i find the time to go on

please, keep it up!

flashbackflip
08-22-2012, 05:29 AM
Quick one off the top of my head, look at the sci-fi vanity shirts that drop from bosses.. looks just like something off of star trek......... *shifty eyes*

shirts = star trek

glasses = they live (very old and very cool movie from 80s)

camera-head = space odyssey 2000

jacket = mad max (i guess)

Battlegrinder
08-22-2012, 07:20 AM
i'm sure it IS intentional

guys at STS have good sense of humor - just read the descriptions of weapons and vanities (especially 'classic scifi' - each is a riddle)

btw, mate, i missed your starting post about using characters in yo novel - so i'd like to give you mine now. check my blog (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/blog.php?61299-flashbackflip/page2)to get the background of Flashbackflip

i started to write it out of the same motives as you)) though stopped at some point.. still want to continue, but have too many stuff to do in real life recently) this year is busy for me.. too many work-related writings and presentations.. huh

hopefully we will be able to interlink our stories later if i find the time to go on

please, keep it up!

Ok, I can definitely use flashbackflip for my novel. I'll have to alter the background to fit the tone and background of the novel, but I can definitaly find a place for him.