PDA

View Full Version : Class-specific mechanisms

jackaboo
08-22-2012, 06:43 AM
I was thinking it might be cool to add some more class-specific functionality to levels apart from opening doors. Something like class buff dispensers perhaps?

For comms, there could be a kind of 'rallying point' where the comm could temporarily boost their 'ferocity' (and by ferocity I mean armor and threat level).

For ops, perhaps some sort of hackable terminal that would buff movement and shot speed for a short period.

For engis, maybe a support station that would temporarily add auto-stuns and debuffs to attacks.

I dunno. Just thinking out loud. Can anyone come up with other class-specific mechanisms that could be implemented without breaking the game?

flashbackflip
08-22-2012, 08:47 AM
i like it VERY much

GREAT idea

Mitchturbo
08-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Ditto what flip says but... Only debuffs and stuns for engineers, cmon they are already nerfed compared to the other two classes...
Let them be invincible or 1 min or double the power of heals and increase mana regen by +8

Kanozaki
08-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Ditto what flip says but... Only debuffs and stuns for engineers, cmon they are already nerfed compared to the other two classes...
Let them be invincible or 1 min or double the power of heals and increase mana regen by +8

OMG a+8 mana regen would be like heaven on SL for engi !

I was thinking it might be cool to add some more class-specific functionality to levels apart from opening doors. Something like class buff dispensers perhaps?

For comms, there could be a kind of 'rallying point' where the comm could temporarily boost their 'ferocity' (and by ferocity I mean armor and threat level).

For ops, perhaps some sort of hackable terminal that would buff movement and shot speed for a short period.

For engis, maybe a support station that would temporarily add auto-stuns and debuffs to attacks.

I dunno. Just thinking out loud. Can anyone come up with other class-specific mechanisms that could be implemented without breaking the game?

Definitely love this idea.

Zaonabiuibil
08-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Make it happen devs!!!!!!!!!!

iAmPain
08-22-2012, 05:00 PM
I Like it ;)

gison
08-23-2012, 04:55 AM
I likey :D

Battlegrinder
08-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Maybe add a special ability to each class. Not a skill, more of a special buff that activates under special circumstances. As an example:
Commando Ability: Bring It On!
Skill activates after X number of successful taunts. Commando aggros every enemy the area, gains buff to armor, damage, and health regen.

Stuff like this could be a cool new mechanic for the game, provided its reasonably balanced.

Zaonabiuibil
08-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Maybe add a special ability to each class. Not a skill, more of a special buff that activates under special circumstances. As an example:
Skill activates after X number of successful taunts. Commando aggros every enemy the area, gains buff to armor, damage, and health regen.

Stuff like this could be a cool new mechanic for the game, provided its reasonably balanced.

Or let this perfect suggestion (the OP) be implemented without add-ons...

akfury
08-31-2012, 04:20 PM
awesome ideas + 1

bronislav84
09-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Engineer needs to have a turret pet that shoots things. I had this idea ages ago and it fell on deaf ears.

SkillFullGamer
09-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Yeah, opening doors was not creative at all lol !

eugene9707
09-11-2012, 07:16 PM

Hmmm an idea for op ...
Op passive Ability: FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE !!!
when health is below 50% then doubles the Damage/ DPS

ArtofWar
09-11-2012, 07:27 PM
sounds good..

Kanozaki
09-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Hmmm an idea for op ...

would make ops way too over powered

iAmPain
09-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Hmmm an idea for op ...

Just so you know, Gibbs already told us that Passive abilities are not going to be anywhere near Cap, or any update soon.

eugene9707
09-11-2012, 10:12 PM
would make ops way too over powered
unless you kill them first XD

Just so you know, Gibbs already told us that Passive abilities are not going to be anywhere near Cap, or any update soon.
i know, its just an idea i randomly thought of ....