PDA

View Full Version : STS, am I doing something wrong? Or is it you?

Noodleleg
08-22-2012, 10:34 AM
So recently, a friend and I started to become skeptical on how many cheats have been smashed... Now, I'm gonna give rough estimates and averages and calculate exactly how many we can go through in 6 days.

Let's say...
150 chests per dungeon
3 minutes to complete
20 runs going on at the same time

So that means:

50 per minute... 20 going on... So, 1000 a minute?

1000 X 1440 = 1,440,000

So about 1.4 million in a day, right..

Now...

1.4 million X 6 days = 8,400,000 in 6 days...

What's up?! Let's even lower the averages!

Let's say:
100 chests per dungeon

So that brings me to about 1,000,000 a day...

So obviously, that's 6,000,000 in 6 days...

~I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, but it definitely is very different from STS's numbers...

CrimsonTider
08-22-2012, 10:41 AM
I agree with you. I scan the games when taking short breaks and there is always at least 15-20 games going at once. And your average of "150" is close because the lower level dungeons are approximately 120-130 and the higher levels have close to 200.

I wonder if it is a Jedi mind-trick to get us to continue to smash.... o.O

"These are not the numbers you are looking for. Keep smashing."

Noodleleg
08-22-2012, 11:18 AM
I agree with you. I scan the games when taking short breaks and there is always at least 15-20 games going at once. And your average of "150" is close because the lower level dungeons are approximately 120-130 and the higher levels have close to 200.

I wonder if it is a Jedi mind-trick to get us to continue to smash.... o.O

"These are not the numbers you are looking for. Keep smashing."

Lmao ikr? Turns out I'm a Jedi too so it doesn't work on me >:-D!

xcainnblecterx
08-22-2012, 11:30 AM
As someone said in another thread its a conspiracy to get us to play more

Pakax
08-22-2012, 11:35 AM
... Or some chests are fake and they just act like chests so that we can't actually run the maths accurately.

Lwmark had something really interesting yesterday: we traded and we was showing be a purple forgotten blade, can't remember the level of it. It had some nice stats and Lwmark insisted: LOOK at the blade!!! I didn't get it at first but when I clicked on the 'view on avatar' tick box: IT WAS A STAFF. So I reckon that if staves can hide as blades, tables can hide as chests.

Maybe we destroyed 1mil chests and 5mil tables. Ultimately, STS is always right (to answer the original question!) :-)

Bless
08-22-2012, 11:38 AM
... Or some chests are fake and they just act like chests so that we can't actually run the maths accurately.

Lwmark had something really interesting yesterday: we traded and we was showing be a purple forgotten blade, can't remember the level of it. It had some nice stats and Lwmark insisted: LOOK at the blade!!! I didn't get it at first but when I clicked on the 'view on avatar' tick box: IT WAS A STAFF. So I reckon that if staves can hide as blades, tables can hide as chests.

Maybe we destroyed 1mil chests and 5mil tables. Ultimately, STS is always right (to answer the original question!) :-) that was a bug

Mothwing
08-22-2012, 11:40 AM
I completely agree. I dunno if it's their attempt to add suspense to the game, or just a way for us to pay for more elixirs. But either way I have a problem with it. If we made a goal, we deserve to be notified. And if they're worried that we did it too easily, then make it harder next time.

xcainnblecterx
08-22-2012, 11:40 AM
I seen lwmark with that staff/blade.was swingingit around like a sword and I was,thinking wth thats a staff

Pakax
08-22-2012, 11:47 AM
agreed (on a more serious note)
I completely agree. I dunno if it's their attempt to add suspense to the game, or just a way for us to pay for more elixirs. But either way I have a problem with it. If we made a goal, we deserve to be notified. And if they're worried that we did it too easily, then make it harder next time.

trunzoc
08-22-2012, 11:52 AM
I confused my guildies with that blade. They all thought I respecced. Then I whipped out my Crusher and they were like "OK, Dual-Spec" and then I whipped out my phantom bow and they were like WTF?!

Pakax
08-22-2012, 11:57 AM
I'd call that a beautiful ladybird instead of a bug - thought this one was really cool :-))

that was a bug

BoomBox
08-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Heh i have a couple of those items on my twink

Elitephonix
08-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Have you check there facebook page yet? We got 1 more day, and we need to smash 1.7 m chest.

Walkhardd
08-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Keep smashing

KingFu
08-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Don't forget all the people rage quitting at Frag, and people skipping chests add up quick. I'd say some runs can take far longer than 3 minutes. When I was leveling my bird, I literally had to solo a 40-49 frag as a 32 while my entire party sat dead. The run took a good 10 minutes.

MightyMicah
08-22-2012, 01:28 PM
I'd say the error is in the 3 minute runs. I ran four rounds with people on thrasher in 30 minutes.

Noodleleg
08-22-2012, 01:37 PM
I'd say the error is in the 3 minute runs. I ran four rounds with people on thrasher in 30 minutes.

Lawlz u zlo bro

Whirlzap
08-22-2012, 02:42 PM
I shall attempt to explain this.

FRAGX is actually a boss that is a fragment of time and space, explaining why he appears in all level ranges AKA time passed between each level, and in anywhere in the Forgotten Dungeon, hence the name Space-time Studios.
Being the ultimate fragment, FRAGX is creating many conspiracies with the chest count, by modifying smashed chests and re-arranging the strands of time.
FRAGX is able to create illusions and can actually make himself look like Ellie, Vinnie, Amira, or The Fallen Prince.
This explains the ability for all these NPCs to be in each town and game at the same time.

Theory is 100% correct by the way

Rauekat
08-22-2012, 03:11 PM
So recently, a friend and I started to become skeptical on how many cheats have been smashed... Now, I'm gonna give rough estimates and averages and calculate exactly how many we can go through in 6 days.

Let's say...
150 chests per dungeon
3 minutes to complete
20 runs going on at the same time

So that means:

50 per minute... 20 going on... So, 1000 a minute?

1000 X 1440 = 1,440,000

So about 1.4 million in a day, right..

Now...

1.4 million X 6 days = 8,400,000 in 6 days...

What's up?! Let's even lower the averages!

Let's say:
100 chests per dungeon

So that brings me to about 1,000,000 a day...

So obviously, that's 6,000,000 in 6 days...

~I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, but it definitely is very different from STS's numbers...

Don't ever use math to solve problems....... :P

slaveleia
08-22-2012, 03:14 PM
^lmao @xWhirlz. Let's keep it positive, those Devs in the Big state of Texas are nice ppl & are trying their hardest to bring out new campaigns/special events for everyone. (maybe they haven't solved every issue or bug..some things take time-research) Take it easy with accusations & raging...maybe the counter is inaccurate but it would be boring if they just gave everyone the vanity...they tried to make it interesting (a challenge). Most things in this world are not perfect...can we expect that in this game?

Too much mob mentality in the forums & ppl getting angry too fast.

I'm not talking about the orig poster, he was just curious.

Noodleleg
08-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Don't ever use math to solve problems....... :P

Bro, calculate your dps with my equations :)!

call it
08-22-2012, 03:22 PM
So regardless looks like we are going to get coin vanity.
I'm happy, lol.

LwMark
08-22-2012, 03:57 PM
I think Sam just wants a excuse to say

KEEP SMASHING!

Noodleleg
08-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Smashy time=elixir time=increase in revenue

Simple, huh :P?

Darkterror
08-22-2012, 05:25 PM
You guys know the word PROPAGANDA ?

Well............. you should.

Fusionstrike
08-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Conspiracy theories are fun, but I think there's a very straightforward explanation. The idea that there are 15-20 runs going on is fine, but I seriously doubt that's the case 24 hours a day. During peak hours for USA and Europe, sure, but there's a good 6 hours when both of those areas are asleep. Yes, yes I know we have players in Asia too, but I still contend there's a lull period on PL as far as number of users logged in. Anyone who does any kind of regular tracking of prices of items in CS can see plainly that prices go up and down throughout the day like the tide going in and out. This to me says the population goes through a regular cycle of ups and downs throughout the day. Also, consider that lower level players probably spend a whole lot more time finishing off Fragx, which means the 3 min per run number is probably not the best estimate to use.

All this to say that I'm not too surprised at the variance between the actual and the "ideal" chest smashing count.

nomad187
08-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Why do people need elixers in this stage?? Good group means no need for elixers.

Noodleleg
08-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Why do people need elixers in this stage?? Good group means no need for elixers.

But elixirs help ;) and some people are hooked on it!

nomad187
08-22-2012, 08:33 PM
But elixirs help ;) and some people are hooked on it!

I don't disagree. But the notion that this stage is designed to keep people on elixers is kinda insane to me. The stage is easily completed with no elixer. Now the elite stage it's definitely designed for elixers IMO.

Otukura
08-22-2012, 08:36 PM
this is where I say I told you so.

I told you so!

Waug
08-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Sorry to say but this rough estimate can't be so true to arguee. There are so many factors this can't be so simple. as many other said, I just wanna add up some more... as I noticed l70+ games runs smoothly most of the time say 80% but 10-69 lvl games runs smoothly, approx 30% cases either they quit at fragx or can't run the game smoothly.

Jsaieagle
08-23-2012, 04:20 AM
STS has posted it 14 hours ago↓↓↓↓↓ Let's smash it!!

We're down to a little more than 1 day left in the event. We need just over 900,000 chests SMASHED to make the 5 Million mark.

Current count: 4,094,886

Can we do it?

Probably :) But we need you to log in and play! Also, last day for farming the exclusive loot!

http://pocketlegends.com//

razurblade
08-23-2012, 12:18 PM
As someone said in another thread its a conspiracy to get us to play more that was otukura from my thread lol

StompArtist
08-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Could it be that STS is making up the numbers to ensure timely success and some kind of suspense? LOL

razurblade
08-23-2012, 12:20 PM
We have smashed way more than 5 million lol

razurblade
08-23-2012, 12:21 PM
This shield better either look super bad azz or give extra armor or luck lol

Ithrive
08-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Too many numbers making my head whirl lol u guys r taking this wayyyyy to seriosly its fine just be glad sts gave us a good game

iprotectnoobs
08-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Guys, it is not a conspiracy. Noodleleg did do some nice estimates however failed to recognize that not every run takes 3 minutes. Half the groups I ran with went halfway and quit because of fragxx or took nearly 10 minutes trying to kill him. So there is a huge discrepancy in the time each run takes and thats probably the reason why the number of chests smashed isnt going up.

Mothwing
08-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Guys, it is not a conspiracy. Noodleleg did do some nice estimates however failed to recognize that not every run takes 3 minutes. Half the groups I ran with went halfway and quit because of fragxx or took nearly 10 minutes trying to kill him. So there is a huge discrepancy in the time each run takes and thats probably the reason why the number of chests smashed isnt going up.

Its hard to understand what you mean when you contradict yourself in the second sentence.

The whole point is that WE have REASONS to BELIEVE that STS is trying to FALSIFY information to earn more $$$MONEY$$$ Or, simply put, propaganda.

Worship
08-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Could it be that STS is making up the numbers to ensure timely success and some kind of suspense? LOL

Exactly! Haha

LwMark
08-23-2012, 09:46 PM
What we shoukd of done is not smashed a single chest, but pretrnd like we were

Noodleleg
08-23-2012, 10:23 PM

What I told everybody to do lmao!

LwMark
08-23-2012, 10:32 PM

What I told everybody to do lmao!

Ikr lol we should of just been like yay fun smashin chests woohoo yeee cool weps but really jist sittin in cs or hidin in sewers somewhere

Noodleleg
08-23-2012, 11:22 PM
-Wakes up with the just awoken face on-

Wait whaaa? Sorry, I was just slacking off at the Balefort Sewers while everybody was Forgotten Treasure farming. Wassup? Did I get my Coin shield yet?