PDA

View Full Version : New method of drawing... Your thoughts?

Noodleleg
08-22-2012, 11:17 AM
So, I'm working on the smudging tool and maybe abstract type art... Tell me what you guys think!

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/b43bf0e40579555a882cb0e69ef689fb.jpg

Moongem
08-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Awesome!!!! :D but I'm old fashion and use paper and pencil ^_^

Phoenixking
08-22-2012, 11:29 PM
So, I'm working on the smudging tool and maybe abstract type art... Tell me what you guys think!

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/b43bf0e40579555a882cb0e69ef689fb.jpg
What smudge was it? I usually use soft airbrush or wet round brush
the wet round brush gives it a furry feeling soft airbrush gives it a blurred feel
Also try jumping around in the luminance bar thingy for blurring a color of the same hue and saturation
gives it a more abstract feel

RedRyder
08-22-2012, 11:53 PM
What smudge was it? I usually use soft airbrush or wet round brush
the wet round brush gives it a furry feeling soft airbrush gives it a blurred feel
Also try jumping around in the luminance bar thingy for blurring a color of the same hue and saturation
gives it a more abstract feel

He's using procreate, not sketchbook, so it has a legit smudge tool.

Phoenixking
08-23-2012, 03:30 PM
I know he is, and I use it too. Sketchbook doesn't have a smudge tool

Jugernugetx
08-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Have the free one?

Phoenixking
08-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Have the free one?
Free what? Sketchbook has a smudge tool now? I haven't used it for a while

RedRyder
08-23-2012, 07:14 PM

Glad you upgraded!

Free what? Sketchbook has a smudge tool now? I haven't used it for a while

I use it for line art when I do cartoon portraits of my instagram followers that win my contests. It's had upgrades but still no smudge tool. I finish the drawings on procreate afterwards.

For noodle, utilize the layer blend modes for good abstract pieces and overall higher quality work. I'll whip up examples of them later tonight, using my older completed work as examples. But for a quick explanation, multiply layer blend is good for setting darker tones without having to fumble through the color palettes. Simply using the eye dropper to select the color you wish to darken and painting over it with the same color will automatically give you it's darker value. Alter the opacity to your liking.

Using a combination of screen and add layer blends get you extreme light values. Screen as a base, and add on the inside to provide metallic like values, which I will showcase to you soon with my ironman piece.

Noodleleg
08-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Glad you upgraded!

I use it for line art when I do cartoon portraits of my instagram followers that win my contests. It's had upgrades but still no smudge tool. I finish the drawings on procreate afterwards.

For noodle, utilize the layer blend modes for good abstract pieces and overall higher quality work. I'll whip up examples of them later tonight, using my older completed work as examples. But for a quick explanation, multiply layer blend is good for setting darker tones without having to fumble through the color palettes. Simply using the eye dropper to select the color you wish to darken and painting over it with the same color will automatically give you it's darker value. Alter the opacity to your liking.

Using a combination of screen and add layer blends get you extreme light values. Screen as a base, and add on the inside to provide metallic like values, which I will showcase to you soon with my ironman piece.

Thanks for the advice! ^_^

Phoenixking
08-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Glad you upgraded!

I usually use sketchclub for sketching my lineart, something about it makes it easier for me
I use procreate for the final stuff. I havent touched sketchbook pro since then, or artrage
and thanks it really is powerful (still am a noob)

RedRyder
08-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Yea ArtRage isn't really novice friendly lol, but it's still the most powerful traditional art app.

Phoenixking
08-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Yea ArtRage isn't really novice friendly lol, but it's still the most powerful traditional art app.
Too bad I dunno how to paint in real life