PDA

View Full Version : Elite Dungeon Content!

Cinco
08-31-2010, 12:34 PM
Alien Oasis Part III is currently in-development. All of the monsters and items are designed and on their way through the Art development process. Dungeons are outlined and encounters are being set-up...

While this is going on I have a bit of time to devote to creating more challenging content!

My question to you is this:
What area of the existing game should I use as the inspiration for this 'Elite' campaign stuff?

Some options to consider are:
1. The 'Lost Expedition.' We all know this campaign is pretty much a push-over. I would like to see furiously over-powered Yeti with special skill combos and stuff to make up for how quickly we all stormed "Snowpeak Mountain" when it first released.
2. The 'Crypts.' It's always fun to have grossly challenging undead creatures crawling all over you... ahem... right? Maybe it's just me but I do favor the skeletons and think they would be a fun bunch to beat in an 'Elite' campaign.
3. The 'Swamp.' Cries of "Repeal" have echoed since I nerfed the Swamps so maybe this is the theme that we see again in 'Elite' campaigns. I don't like this option as much because we've all already seen what powerful Crocs can do... and it might be a lot more fun to give someone else the 'Elite' status.

Let me know what you think!
I will be checking back over the next few days in-between high priority changes related to skills and any issues we find with version 1.4. The thread will close by the weekend.

Thanks!

- Cinco

Nostero
08-31-2010, 12:37 PM
I think yetis would be awesome! Or maybe zombies! That would be soooo cool!

flaimdude
08-31-2010, 12:37 PM
CROC CROC CROC
I WANT SOMETHING THAT MAKES ME QUAKE IN MY PINKS.

Crocs were fairly good at that, back in the day.

KingFu
08-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Go yetis!!!

bmc85uk
08-31-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm guessing Nightmare dungeons would fall in the same level category as their respective regular versions?

kavanah
I'm a swamp cajun boy so you know where my vote goes! More fleur des l33t? yes please.

Oh and Cinco I have to have this question answered! Would you rather be in a mosh pit for Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying??

Thanks for all the feedback you guys take in from the player community! It's like none other!

smokester
crocs of the swamps pleasseeeee.... it was the best challenging campaign of PL and i died maybe thousand times in there alone but it was worth it because it taught me survivality and teamwork... please something where you need a group of five with all classes represented is needed to complete campaigns efficiently

haroldiv
08-31-2010, 12:44 PM
ughhh this is such a tough call.

Crypts = We all love this zone as it was the first real challenge in the game. Has some memorable items and i would love to see more. However i bet many people are already burned out on this.

Lost = Oh yeah totally deserves a revamp. Its pretty much cake and MAN do we need some more frost proc weapons. those things RULE. that said, will be very hard to farm or rush because everything freezes u!

swamps = after being recently neutered i can see the crocs boiling over in fury. this was the most immersive level yet and got us actually scared to get lost from the group. our Jurassic park if you will. but yeah, its fairly recent for us and im sure you are sick of coding there.

so, tough yah. my question is is it ONLY one? Do you plan on revisiting these campaigns soon? I want to see all of them and if i had to vote for just one i would probably say go swamps. its the most appropriate but if you plan on doing them all just start with fathom. You are already halfway there with the forbidden level (LOVE THAT HE HAS DMG BUFF).

Cinco
08-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Good thing to clarify...

I plan to do 'Elite' or "hard-core" content in all of the existing themes and in themes yet to come. The Poll question is really about determining what comes first! :)

I will build 'Elite' stuff for the most popular theme first and then schedule time later on to do the other ones.

- Cinco

KingFu
08-31-2010, 12:55 PM
I prefer LE, it's a great stage, nice rates IMO, a lot of people level their, and I think out of the three, it is the most used for leveling! I want yeti stage all the way!

kavanah
08-31-2010, 01:07 PM
Good thing to clarify...

I plan to do 'Elite' or "hard-core" content in all of the existing themes and in themes yet to come. The Poll question is really about determining what comes first! :)

I will build 'Elite' stuff for the most popular theme first and then schedule time later on to do the other ones.

- Cinco

But the real poll question is Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying!! LOL!

FluffNStuff
08-31-2010, 01:20 PM
I voted swamps because of the nostalgia factor, but thinking about it now, the Lost Expedition would make a truly deadly Elite Campaign with those Yeti's freezing you non stop. The screams to nerf it would be deafening which makes it perfect!

Kurlz
08-31-2010, 01:24 PM
LE...love the yetis, no matter how much they kill me

Kurlz
08-31-2010, 01:26 PM

as i lay dying

Cinco
08-31-2010, 01:43 PM

Norma Jean, in that case :)

/mosh

bmc85uk
08-31-2010, 01:43 PM
For me I think it has to be LE, I'm not in any rush to see more castle/crypt/skeleton themed maps, and we've had a go at hardcore AS.

Personally though I hate the overzealous freezing in LE. it wouldn't be so bad but te ranged enemies constantly just running and freezing seriously undermines melée characters without any way to break 'root'.

haroldiv
08-31-2010, 01:48 PM
having played as all classes in LE i agree with you but it was also a very important step for players to learn that heal undoes negative effects too. made mages learn they had to keep an eye on where the tank was and warriors had to learn to use beckon then crippling slash to keep their target in range.

to be totally honest i would MUCH rather see things like freeze, damage over time AOE's, mana drains, etc than just more armor and health in our enemies. Its things like that that make us actually use our brains instead of just mashing out fingers!

Thuull
08-31-2010, 02:37 PM
haroldiv has a great point...but I *hate* the constant freezing.

patnwk
08-31-2010, 08:43 PM
May I poll two XD? I like LE and Swarmp both. But if insist to choose one, I would choose Swarmp. I also want to know more about the settings for elite maps.

bmc85uk
08-31-2010, 09:11 PM
I second a call for Elite content format.

I envisioned something with less, but much harder enemies, something akin to bosses right now, without the massive spiked damage/1 hit ae kills.

Something that'll give us fights more like raid content in a regular MMO (obviously scaled down to PL). Longer, harder fights, with room for good teamplay, tactics and skill management.

Then either remove or restrict use of potions, either a longer re-use timer, or potions as HoT, there's not much point in Elite content without at least a heavy advantage of having a healer, if not a strict requirement.

haroldiv
08-31-2010, 09:16 PM
ooooo i like the no pot idea.... a lot! plz do this.

bmc85uk
08-31-2010, 09:39 PM
If it were up to me pots would have a longer re-use timer and heal over time anyway. But I understand newbs might not be able to handle that concept /sarcasm.

Violentsaint
08-31-2010, 09:57 PM
i have to say go for the lost expedition dungeon, considering thats the next town to be released, also since getting an ipad i was blown away by how amazing lost expedition looks with high detail on...

also having to unfreeze people is annoying and challenging, but thats the whole point of elite dungeons right?

jonboy
08-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Lost Expedition for me, plus it means the the new Towne in LS will be THE meeting place the hardcore players. :)

bmc85uk
08-31-2010, 10:21 PM
...also having to unfreeze people is annoying and challenging, but thats the whole point of elite dungeons right?

Sure, I guess in an Elite dungeon, you'd naturally want a healer present, but perhaps it could be toned down in the standard LE, still have it happen occasionally though, just not chain freeze :)

bmc85uk
08-31-2010, 10:55 PM
Sorry, this was a duplicate post and for some reason I can't delete it.

kavanah
08-31-2010, 11:46 PM
Norma Jean, in that case :)

/mosh

You sir, have made my day...

Furrawn
09-01-2010, 12:01 AM
I vote for Lost Ex.... I adore the yetis and their "who dats"... Their freeze capability could be wound up to supersize... And maybe I hope somebody throws snowballs... Lol... Maybe The blue freeze trolls? And a snowball takes a quarter of our life as damage if we suffer a snowball hit? :D
I'm excited about any elite campaign!!
Go, Cinco!

Thelonearcher
09-01-2010, 12:43 AM
Le is good but too bright - i know but it's annoying constintly changing my brightness

Gavry
09-01-2010, 03:26 AM
Please Croc. For the old players Swamps will always hold a soft spot as the first zone you actually had to step up and really play to succeed. An elite campign based on that would be perfect!

jonboy
09-01-2010, 03:52 AM
I can understand the love for swamps, but I'd rather embrace something new first, then swamps, then more elite maps.

Royce
09-01-2010, 11:33 AM
The swamps deserve this honor. It would potentially make up for the tragic nerf that robbed them of their former glory.

Cascade
09-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Why not make all of the above choices elite dungeons?

Cinco
09-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Why not make all of the above choices elite dungeons?

I will - just not all at once. :)

Cinco
09-01-2010, 11:44 AM
So it looks like the "Yeti" will be starring in the first Elite dungeon.

The idea of stripping out the potions for these Elite dungeons also interests me a great deal. I'm sure most parties can keep it together without the pots... but let's see. My suspicion is that we will wind up allowing you to have MANA pots but not HEALTH pots if the 'Elite' stuff is too hard.

But then again, nothing I've thrown at you guys has ever been "too" hard for the truly hard-core :)

After we see how this stuff plays out I will schedule time to deliver an 'Elite' swamp campaign featuring the Crocs...
Thank you for the support and feedback,

- Cinco

Cascade
09-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Woot :) So your gunna start working on it?

kavanah
09-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Sweet deal Cinco, I actually would have changed my vote to the Yeti's after other's feedback. I look forward to it and I really hope that it takes us several weeks to figure out how to get to a boss and how to actually defeat the boss!

Edit: WHich makes me realize something important missing right now in all campaigns... it just feels like an easy dungeon crawl... can we some puzzle type stuff incorporated? Where you have to actually figure out how in the world you spawn the boss, or get to the next area?

haroldiv
09-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Awesome cinqo can't wait!

Cinco
09-01-2010, 12:04 PM
... can we some puzzle type stuff incorporated? Where you have to actually figure out how in the world you spawn the boss, or get to the next area?

We are planning on this in the future. Asommers, Futumsh and I have talked about a number of different things to do - ranging from choreographed, multi-stage boss fights, to door and platform-oriented puzzles. Not sure exactly what shape this will take but we are definitely interested in doing this sort of thing :)

Cascade
09-01-2010, 12:14 PM
While your here Cinco...Are you planning on adding stuff like crafting and smithing?

vulgarstrike
09-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I really like this idea, making it less hack and slash and more teamwork.
any idea whether this will show up before or after ao3?

kavanah
09-01-2010, 04:47 PM
We are planning on this in the future. Asommers, Futumsh and I have talked about a number of different things to do - ranging from choreographed, multi-stage boss fights, to door and platform-oriented puzzles. Not sure exactly what shape this will take but we are definitely interested in doing this sort of thing :)

Let me know if you guys could use any ideas, as I have a ton of them!

Also, some feedback about the elite dungeon...

I fear that your hard work will be in vain, though I hope I'm wrong Cinco. It seems that if you guys release elite dungeon content for lower levels, like pre-45. I feel that people will not do them simply because they can rush through the other levels to level up faster instead of taking time to do elite dungeons to get drops that will probably be outscaled in a few levels. For instance, people would rather spend 2 hours leveling from 30-34 then spending 2 hours farming at lvl 30 elite dungeons to get good drops (which I've done 5 levels so far and have yet to see). Just my thoughts, and I hope I am wrong. Love ya Cinco ;)

Nightarcher
09-01-2010, 06:56 PM
My opinion on the Elite Dungeon:

--No new landscape features. Same 'ol frozen wasteland.
--No new enemies except bosses. Which are basically remakes of other bosses.
--For a whole seperate campaign, almost all the drops can be found in The Lost Explorer.
--Overall boring. Monsters have high hp and armor and low attack. Lots of killing, low risk, blah.

In conclusion, this map is nothing more than a bunch of old monsters on steroids. It offers nothing new, even though it costs almost the same as a regular dungeon. I am extremely dissappointed.

P.S.- Too many Bills.

Azrael
09-01-2010, 07:09 PM
My opinion on the Elite Dungeon:

--No new landscape features. Same 'ol frozen wasteland.
--No new enemies except bosses. Which are basically remakes of other bosses.
--For a whole seperate campaign, almost all the drops can be found in The Lost Explorer.
--Overall boring. Monsters have high hp and armor and low attack. Lots of killing, low risk, blah.

In conclusion, this map is nothing more than a bunch of old monsters on steroids. It offers nothing new, even though it costs almost the same as a regular dungeon. I am extremely dissappointed.

P.S.- Too many Bills.

I don't have as much a problem with the recycling of mobs, as i do with the fact that they are harder mobs of the same level. I expected the mobs to at least give me xp. I have yet to see any items, but it seems this map pack is not worth purchasing for a level 45. I do know that the max level for any item from this map pack is level 30, even if some of those items are stronger than average level 30 pinks.

Xjargon
09-02-2010, 05:07 AM
Hi,

Please release some content for level 45. Sure the elite is not easy, but it is simply not rewarding.

I like what I see though.

More debuffs. A pack of bears may not die but make sure they will take hours to kill a boss.

Tank - nerf dps but make them a better crowd control
Mage - not just a Rez machine but essential for removing debuffs
Archer - more dps, weaker armour and essential for breaking armor

Thks

Flamin
09-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Ugh I meant LE but accidently voted for swamps.

CanonicalKoi
09-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Zombie yetis.....?

Raxie
09-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Zombie yetis.....?
it's already been made so there is no point suggesting.

Violentsaint
09-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Wish I voted for swamps now >_< then we would have had elite voodoo dolls :D

SlipperyJim
09-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Okay, I voted too late to count. So the SECOND elite dungeon should be in the Swamp! :)

Vyvin
09-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Im a fan of frost but it would make 3 campaigns ice themed, so im gonna go with BoneZ!
/Vyvin

Rarefew2
09-26-2010, 07:29 AM
We already have a skeleton elite dungeon: skeller krunch

Raxie
09-26-2010, 07:35 AM
we also have yetis in lost expedition and crocs in swamps...
also, skeller krunch returns isn't an elite dungeon; it's not hard at all.

Grankledude
09-26-2010, 07:46 AM
I want yetis tho I might never play it.

Raxie
09-26-2010, 02:45 PM
but that's why they made frozen nightmares...
there are yetis in frozen nightmares.

Speetz13
09-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Combine them. Or probably just two of them. And not like those quests where all of the bosses etc are in one dungeon. Combine the actual monsters themselves into one monster. Zombie yetis. Croc zombies. Crocs that have somehow adapted to snow (lol) Seriously how cool would that be? And it would be uber strong, and for a somewhat legitimate reason.

Hell I'm no game designer, but i could imagine basing an entire level off of Zombie Yetis/crocs with new and combined animals alike. A plagued swamp/mountain... Or a mountain/swamp of some kind. Or maybe the swmp monsters are running to the mountains to run from something/ invading the mountains/a wizard freaked out on wizard-drugs and started doing crazy experiments on the monsters so he could take over (enter town name here) Come on, you cant deny this would be purdy nifty, eh?

cry
09-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Crocs, that was my favorite of all time; it was actually hard.

Elffy
09-30-2010, 02:08 AM
I like the hybrids. zombie crocs!!

hamby10
09-30-2010, 01:30 PM
i got baa=nned cause the devs took a message the wrong way it bullcrap

setec
09-30-2010, 06:16 PM
i got baa=nned cause the devs took a message the wrong way it bullcrap

email them at support@spacetimestudios.com

venting on the forum won't help your cause.

[Lt] Shiny
10-17-2010, 07:58 PM
nah, i dont really want the skeles or the zombies bac. (i've seen enough of them already) and that's why im voting for CROCS, CROCS, CROCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAWR! MUNCH!!!

Arterra
10-17-2010, 08:18 PM
considering that we already have finished the first stage of this, next would be a croc-fest. I read something about jurassic park... o please momma can i has one??

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 11:53 PM
3. The 'Swamp.' Cries of "Repeal" have echoed since I nerfed the Swamps so maybe this is the theme that we see again in 'Elite' campaigns. I don't like this option as much because we've all already seen what powerful Crocs can do... and it might be a lot more fun to give someone else the 'Elite' status.

He even knows he nerfed it xD, But yeah.. gimme my sexy fun swamps... And if its too easy, ill die irl

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-20-2010, 08:21 AM
I voted for the Swamps since they are still the hardest mpa dn they are awsome

bladesword
12-01-2010, 06:26 AM
HOW DARE YOU SAY YOU DONT WANT SKELLERKRUNCH!!!
Btw when is the new elite campaign coming?

LoonnooL
12-01-2010, 08:57 AM
why revive dead topic?

isn't the new elite campaign already DECIDED AND OUT? (LE was chosen)

EDITED: Please close topics that are settled for. =(

Arterra
12-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Nah now we want crocs lol. Every 20 levels seems ok (first ten don't count)

Also, to up the ante, have a lot of minbosses around corners, and make them velociraptrs! We need a t-Rex boss... Really big monster, bigger than the usual boss.

A good angle would be dinos, the great grandpappy of crocs :D
Would even fit as new campaign

Nightarcher
12-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Yes! "The Land Before Time" campaign. :P

KingFu
12-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Hahaha. After FN got made Swamps passed it. :o

Jespo
12-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Hmm i liking arterras idea..

Dran
12-04-2010, 10:39 PM
This would be awesome!

Nah now we want crocs lol. Every 20 levels seems ok (first ten don't count)

Also, to up the ante, have a lot of minbosses around corners, and make them velociraptrs! We need a t-Rex boss... Really big monster, bigger than the usual boss.

A good angle would be dinos, the great grandpappy of crocs :D
Would even fit as new campaign

bladesword
12-05-2010, 04:31 AM
Btw dran its already out -.-
Atleast the frozen nightmare

They failed on the poll, shouldve locked it after frozen came out, now swamps have more votes than nightmare.. meh

jjjjaaaakkkke
12-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Swamps all the way! :]

Estraz
12-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Yay! Alien Oasis: Part III! I hope swamp wins.

Oldgveteran
12-06-2010, 09:55 PM
I think a gator idea would be cool, but maybe a different enviorment, I didnt care for the dark swamps, what about something like a beach with a cabin on it that holds the Latergator haha.. and possibly a few different options at how to clear with different effects?? maybe a cppl pochers to whipe out, anddd... maybe whack a few sharks that come close to shore if we feeling like it... haha idk im buzzed up. maybe a tiki bar too :D

Zeus
12-06-2010, 10:46 PM
No need to bump an old dead thread :) But for your information. I believe Cinco said that there would be a new elite dungeon soon around christmas or after new years. Don't hold me to my word though. I can't remember the exact time frame.

Estraz
12-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Woot! I hope swamp wins!

chriscw97
12-21-2010, 08:32 PM
I know!!!.... Teenage Mutant Ninja Crocs! :p
Ninja crocs or them in robots ftw to be "elite"

Protaris
01-19-2011, 03:40 AM
CROCS! that would be nice

BlasterBird
01-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Swamp is really all thats on the list that isn't implemented yet.

Already have frozen nightmares and skeller returns

MoonYeol
01-19-2011, 12:37 PM
This is certainly an old thread. But it would be nice to get something new. Maybe a lvl 40 elite. Lvl 40 is kinda the lvl that god forgot it existed. Some new exciting drops for that lvl that are almost as good as lv 50s. Mutant crocs ftw!

bladesword
01-20-2011, 06:26 AM
This is certainly an old thread. But it would be nice to get something new. Maybe a lvl 40 elite. Lvl 40 is kinda the lvl that god forgot it existed. Some new exciting drops for that lvl that are almost as good as lv 50s. Mutant crocs ftw!

...Duh.... Before ao3....i thought.....

Agent
01-20-2011, 06:45 AM
Voted on swamps.

last350
01-21-2011, 11:03 AM
i am a zombie lover at heart. gotta go for the skeletons. i passed completely over the swamps while levelling my Chant and Arch and skipped to the aliens. honestly i could pass on ever seeing the crocks again, but i do think that the crock head shield is def cool.

WE NEED MORE VANITIES lol pls make the antennae purchaseable, at least the black ones, they do look so awesome. or something similar :)

bladesword
01-23-2011, 06:25 AM
i am a zombie lover at heart. gotta go for the skeletons. i passed completely over the swamps while levelling my Chant and Arch and skipped to the aliens. honestly i could pass on ever seeing the crocks again, but i do think that the crock head shield is def cool.

WE NEED MORE VANITIES lol pls make the antennae purchaseable, at least the black ones, they do look so awesome. or something similar :)

This is a old thread.. lol.. Why are they still taking votes?

last350
01-23-2011, 10:58 AM
good point ha! maybe if they decide to make another elite they want to see what the second place runner up is going to end up being.

Lovenus.
01-24-2011, 12:22 AM
I vote for "Crypts". Love the sound effect of them getting attacked. *clattering bones*

Goodest
02-14-2011, 12:09 AM
This area is very hard a full group of 30-35 can not live for more then a few seconds here.

Sanatorium
02-14-2011, 12:18 AM
This area is very hard a full group of 30-35 can not live for more then a few seconds here.
Necro, but sure at least you're on topic lol... it's easier now since they allow you to use pots and what not, it's not that hard to beat it, if you're a well co-ordinated 30-35 group I'm sure you could definitely beat it.

Tarkemelion
02-14-2011, 03:25 PM
This is such an old thread.... Wow

GarrettMickley
04-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Croc of the Swamp because I live in Florida and we have swamps everywhere.

noneo
04-07-2011, 08:08 AM
This is an EXTREMELY old thread.Two of those dungeons are already released lol.

Still not sure why this hasn't been closed yet..

KingFu
04-07-2011, 08:12 AM
This is an EXTREMELY old thread.Two of those dungeons are already released lol.

Still not sure why this hasn't been closed yet..

Only one has......frozen nightmares.

noneo
04-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Oh duh :p for some reason I was thinking of the Shadow Caves lol

But the point of my last post was that this thread is obsolete. The OP dev said he would close it the weekend after it had been posted. Not sure why it is still open..

JTZ
01-19-2012, 01:05 AM
Wtf am i doint in this thread!? (O_o)

Swimmingstar
01-19-2012, 04:29 PM
You're necroing in this thread.

Ryan Luu
01-21-2012, 10:43 AM
can you teell me when to start

DaddyChris
02-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Fast, powerful zombies that chase u everywhere

darkmagesun
02-16-2012, 07:30 PM
My game type idea a survival mode

Jugernugett
02-16-2012, 07:46 PM
You're necroing in this thread. what does necroing mean? Lol going and posting into old posts?

Doodlebeast
02-17-2012, 01:06 AM
This thread is soo old that all the campaigns had released lol =)!

Roberto077
02-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Skeletons are awesome and fun to fight. Why dont they have a chance to get some kills?