PDA

View Full Version : Forum suggestions/ideas and possible solutions: By The Alliance of Legend Guild

Flamin
04-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Ideas concerning the Forums:
1. For one I think people should be able to have their own custom avatar. (And a administrator would have to approve it)
2. People, who have an account on the forums, should be able to pull up a chat box and chat with other members online. There should be a chat box with mutilple chat modes like "personal chat" (chat between friends), General chat, forum group chat. There should also be several different chat channels.
3. When members change the title of their thread it needs to also change the title displayed when browsing through thread in the "Suggestions and Feedback" forum."
4. On guild discussion, members need to be able to post 1000 words max, and not 1000 characters max.
5. There should be more forum ranks, like once somone reaches 200 or 300 posts then their title should change from "Senior Member" to "Elite Member", and when someone reaches 500 posts their title should change to "Master Member", and when someone reaches 1000 posts their title should to "Master Elite Member".
6. There should be 5 lines allowed for signatures, instead of just 4.
7. There should be a "Forum suggestions & feedback" section.
There should be a “Forum Patches” forum, a “Forum Development” forum, and a “Forum Suggestions & Feedback.
8. People should be able to change their forum account name.
9. People should be able to see total amount of time logged on the forums.
10. People might want to use a poll along with their thread, so that people can vote on if they like the idea or not, and if the thread has multiple ideas, there would be a poll for each one.
11. There should be a translator so foriegn people can post and read posts too.
12. Please make it so that creator of a thread can insert posts inbetween two different posts, because sometimes there are too many words and the person forgets to reserve a spot.

Ideas concerning forum guilds/groups:
1. The "Groups" link under "Community", under "Forum" needs to be more noticable by changing the name to "Guilds" instead of "Groups" and placing the link next to "Community" instead of under "Community". (You know what I mean) Basically the "Group" link should be more noticable to people, so that more people look at the guilds.
2. How in the world does one change the forum group/guild Icon of a forum group/guild?
3. There should be an option to put some in second in command, and also there should be guild ranks (i.e. founder, co-founder, leader, co-leader, commanders, co-commanders, elite captains, captains, officers, elite member, staff, recruits, members, new recruits, noobs, etc... That the founder of a forum group/guild can give to the members of that forum group/guild.
4. There should also be positions/jobs in forum/game groups/guilds like Head Organizer, Head recruiter, Head Informer, Second in Organizer command, etc... That the founder of the guild can give to guild members.
5. Members of a forum group/guild should be able to post more kinds of sections instead of just discussions, like the founder/leader of a guild could post announcements, features, In Development, etc... And members should be able to post chats, questions, etc... There should be sections for them though so it’s not just a long list of posts. Discussions would be under one link and then once you click on that link you can view all the discussions, but all the other posts should be a separate link. You know what I mean, like a few main topics, then sections inside of those, then threads inside of those, then posts inside of those. Something like this: Only the guild founder/leader could make topics, and only people that the guild founder/leader (and other high ranked guild members) has given permission to can post sections, and all members can post topics, and all members can post posts.
6. The forum group/guild founder/leader should be able to lock and unlock discussions in their forum group/guild.
7. There should be Guild Forums, so guild threads can be inside the Guild Forums instead of the General Discussion forums.
8. High Ranked Guild Members might want to use a poll along with their discussion, so that members can vote on if they like the idea or not, and if the thread has multiple ideas, there would be a poll for each one.
9. The forum group/guild founder/leader should be able to actually remove guild discussions and posts, but keep the option to soft delete too.

That's all I can think of right now, and also these would be easy fixes for spacetime.
If you have anymore ideas for about this subject, feel free to post them here.
Be sure to check out/visit the "Groups" link under "Community" under "Forum", and maybe join a guild.

If you want to join the guild "The Alliance of Legend" then just follow this (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/group.php?groupid=5) link.
Also please visit the thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?674-Guild-Legendary-Alliance).

(Guild name changed to "Legendary Alliance")

Admins, please may you consider my suggestions. People, please may you post your ideas and expand on ideas about the forums and forum groups/guilds.

Hurs
04-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Just to clear something up... are you guys in an Alliance with our guild? Or is your name just "The Alliance of Legend"?

XD

jbrulz
04-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Yea that can be very missleading lol

Flamin
04-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Just to clear something up... are you guys in an Alliance with our guild? Or is your name just "The Alliance of Legend"?

XD

When I made the guild I was not thinks of the guild "Legends" at all, but i guess maybe we can be an alliance, but that is not what my guild is.

Hurs
04-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Sheesh, ceasefire guys >___<

Thanks for clearing that up, Flamin.

Flamin
04-20-2010, 08:09 PM
No disrespect allowed in this thread, in this forum, on this website.

Flamin
04-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Go ahead and check out/visit my thread in the "General Discussion" forum, with the title "Guild: Alliance of Legend" for tons of more info about this guild.

If you want request to join this guild, just go to "Forum" then look under community, then click groups, then click join next to the guild "Legendary Alliance the Alliance of Legend"

Justg
04-20-2010, 08:17 PM
No disrespect allowed in this thread, in this forum, on this website.... in the game, etc.

werd flamin, thanks.

Banned
04-20-2010, 08:17 PM
No disrespect allowed in this thread, in this forum, on this website.

Who died and made you mod commando. I'm feeling alot of authority jp :p. And Merve, why did you say his guild sucked? He just started it.

Flamin
04-20-2010, 08:21 PM
... in the game, etc.

werd flamin, thanks.

I was talking about what Merve said.

Banned
04-20-2010, 08:24 PM
I think he was just adding a few more things to your list.

Flamin
04-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Spacetime, please answer this question: how do we change the icon picture of our guild??

Flamin
04-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Members of this forum need to be able to move their messages and sent items from their forums inbox, to their email inbox.

Another idea is that members should be able to hol more than 50 messages. It should be more like 200 or 300 messages.

Splurd
04-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Members of this forum need to be able to move their messages and sent items from their forums inbox, to their email inbox.

Another idea is that members should be able to hol more than 50 messages. It should be more like 200 or 300 messages.

the first potion is not possible. Not a feature of vBulletin, and it is far too much effort to make it work.

the 2nd bit, well, just deal with it. Delete old messages, and clear your sent items. Its not hard.

Flamin
04-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Ya but some messages I want to keep.

Splurd
04-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Ya but some messages I want to keep.

Open notepad, copy and paste it inside, and you can keep it that way. Not a very good method but it works for me.

Flamin
04-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Ok, but still this question and others are unanswered where and how do I upload a forum group/guild photo.

Splurd
04-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Honestly speaking, most of your ideas have already been raised in other threads and you're just stealing them. >_>

Flamin
04-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Yes a few of them are similar, but they are not exactly the same. Most of them are completely different.

Flamin
04-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Ok hopefully updated forum for the last time, cause hopefully ive put in all my guild ideas and forum ideas. Please read thread again.

Xanthia
04-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Please stop doing this, we have all read your posts. This gets really annoying when you bump your thread for no reason. You basically only changed a few lines of your original post.

jbrulz
04-28-2010, 08:46 PM
i agree. this crap is annoying. if people arent posting in your thread then it's dead. period.

Flamin
04-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Ok, sorry, my apologies.

Flamin
05-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Updated thread, please give your ideas and comments about the ideas and NOT about posting or anything else that is irrelevant.