PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Prices

pinkdawn
08-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Whenever the Treasure Event is over how much do u guys think prices will be on forgotten pinks.?:smile:

FluffNStuff
08-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Considering human nature and the fact that mostly young people play, practically free.

Xettacross
08-22-2012, 11:00 PM
I doubt the prices would be practically free. Think about twinks. Certain lvl twinks are gonna want to buy certain lvl items. I think prices may defer from lvl to lvl.

Waug
08-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Considering human nature and the fact that mostly young people play, practically free.

Sup lol, and dont say it again, investing money on it. :p

Roberto077
08-22-2012, 11:22 PM
low level forgotten items will sky rocket and high levels will drop like a rock in water

pinkdawn
08-22-2012, 11:27 PM
lol i hope they do (:

cookiez
08-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Bought 1 mil in low level pinks:)

lilweezy
08-23-2012, 12:30 AM
why would high level items drop in value? when the lvl 71 bow is the best dmg item in the game...

Subscriber
08-23-2012, 12:54 AM
why would high level items drop in value? when the lvl 71 bow is the best dmg item in the game...

Every one of those stupid bows has the highest damage in game now, I don't understand it.

Enlighten me why they would make these "Forgotten" bows so powerful (not talking to you in particular (; ).

Ortalan
08-23-2012, 01:56 AM
The prices of forgotten will be determined by supply and demand, of course. As I see it, there will always be higher demand for lower level gear. But I am not alone in thinking this, and many farmers and merchants HEAVILY farmed lev10 forgotten, which suggests to me there is a large supply. There is less demand for higher level gear, but that demand is steady, and the supply of levels 40-61 bows seems less healthy, as there appeared to be less interest in farming it, and the farming on those levels was a bit more difficult. The key to prices as we move forward is going to be how many players have stocked how much forgotten in a week, and how determined they are to sell it (and how quickly) once the event ends.

Some of the greatest supply (and thus lowest prices) will be in the levels of gear available to higher lev farmers in each forgotten dungeon - 19, 29, 39, 49, and 59. Also, pvper's are likely to want to pair the new weapons (well, the bow, anyway...) with armors and hats that are noticeably better than the level immediately beneath them -in other words, 40, 45, 50, 51, 56, and 61 (in addition to the variety of lower levels at which pvp'ers often play. So those levels should retain value better, in my opinion.

As for level71? it was VERY easy to farm in my brief experience - my 71 bird received four pink bow drops in his first three runs. So while the Lev71 forgotten bow may be in high demand due to its awesomeness, it is also, I believe, in great supply, holding down its current price. Of course, the limited number of level 71 players also reduces the potential customer base for this item, creating additional downward price pressure.

Prices on forgotten in general are unlikely to rise significantly until/unless A) enough players with bows in their inventory quit PL to significantly reduce the supply or B) A large influx of new players joins the game, creating greater demand. Or some combination of those two factors.

That's my take.

Hadesofshadow
08-23-2012, 02:09 AM
gonna be like wf

ethan123
08-23-2012, 03:42 AM
Prices will be relatively cheap for now, until the "new wave" of players start playing, and get into twinking, these players who did not have the opportunity to farm these items, they will be the cash cows for us all, however this will take a while in my opinion, by the the majority of players who farmed them as "mains" without knowing about the scaled drops would have quit so there will be less of these weapons around, adding to the huge price tag they will carry in the future. IF THEY ARE NOT NERFED. If they do fall victim to the constant bitching about pvp, they will be the same as launchers, not worth millions unless you get a rare pink.

Subscriber
08-23-2012, 03:52 AM
Week 1: Cheap (same price)
Week 2: Several pinks put in CS but not as many
Week 3: A decrease in "Forgotten" pinks, in CS
Week 4 (end of the month): Not as many people are putting them in CS price will increase due to unknown prices
Month 2: Increase in prices (could be drastic or just a slight change)

ethan123
08-23-2012, 07:17 AM
All we know is that if they are not nerfed/bring back the weps in a later "mini-game" sort of thing, they will sky rocket to the most expensive twink items.

Unxtoxic
08-23-2012, 08:39 AM
hopefully they do get risen because I have stored some low level pinks in my stash :)

razurblade
08-23-2012, 09:09 AM
These are limited items, they aren't exactly going to land in your lap after a few months... The pinks will be bought out of cs for pvp purposes and new people will join after and not have these items. So I would say they will go up

razurblade
08-23-2012, 09:14 AM
So far I have farmed 19 pink bows alone for lv 15,16,18,19 and 51

razurblade
08-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Either way idc because if they are nerfed then my lv 56 strongman tamin clubs will raise back up in price as well as my death set, etc but if they are not I still have enough of these pink twink lv bows to get a payout. So I really don't care either way

Chopper
08-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Just because there aren't many Lvl 71 players now, doesn't mean a weak market. Thanks to the cap, there will always be an increasing number of Lvl 71 players, until the next campaign is released months from now. The Lvl 71 bow is more effective than the sanguine longbow was in Fang so i expect a decent price to come about in 2 months for these things as people level cap and need a top tier weapon that doesn't blast his own teammates ha ha

trunzoc
08-23-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure pinks will ever really be "WOW!" expensive. maybe in a year or so, but I think too many people are keeping too many pinks for them to really junp for a long time.

Gold and Green though, THAT is what I am curious about. I have a green lvl 71 "Goofily Forgotten Bow". Rarely seen greens in CS at all, and none have ever been that one. So how much is a unique item worth? Sure, it's the only one in the game, but it's green.

Yich
08-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Crash if nerfed, slowly rise if not. As far as players not wanting them to be nerfed because of greed, thats ridiculous. I have about 2m of WF item value. Think that makes me biased towards these being nerfed? Think again, i have 70 pink bows. I want them all nerfed, they ruin pvp.

FluffNStuff
08-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Crash if nerfed, slowly rise if not. As far as players not wanting them to be nerfed because of greed, thats ridiculous. I have about 2m of WF item value. Think that makes me biased towards these being nerfed? Think again, i have 70 pink bows. I want them all nerfed, they ruin pvp.

They should nerf these iff they nerf rage.

Yich
08-23-2012, 11:00 AM
They should nerf these iff they nerf rage.

If I can lose to a mage and a bird at level 17 before the bows, so can just about everyone else. Sure, every level has an easy character but they can still be beaten. I think rage is going to stick around. Idk.

Subscriber
08-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Nice triple post.

pinkdawn
08-23-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure pinks will ever really be "WOW!" expensive. maybe in a year or so, but I think too many people are keeping too many pinks for them to really junp for a long time.

Gold and Green though, THAT is what I am curious about. I have a green lvl 71 "Goofily Forgotten Bow". Rarely seen greens in CS at all, and none have ever been that one. So how much is a unique item worth? Sure, it's the only one in the game, but it's green.

In my opinion I think they should rasie the price up just a bit. Do u think they're gonna be like the toyman wands?

Xettacross
08-23-2012, 04:24 PM
If they are nerfed then we'll see prices stay at what they are right now. Either way, someone's still gonna complain whether they're nerfed or not. You can't win with these people. Sorry sts.

Ortalan
08-23-2012, 08:02 PM
SO... now forgotten items have higher reqs... This will dramatically affect prices on forgotten bows, as it will affect which levels of gear will be in highest demand.

For example, with 148 attribute requirement for Angel Wings and Aura, any level 71 char using Angel gear (Str or Int) will be able to have enough points in Dex to use a lev69 forgotten bow. A similar character at level 70 can use a lev68 bow. It will take a little a time for the dust to settle and for pvp'ers to figure out their preferred level and gears. For now, best bet is to hold forgotten bows until demand becomes clearer.

IMHO, of course...

BestHyun
08-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Obviously going to go up