PDA

View Full Version : Respawns & Zonelines for all dungeons.

bmc85uk
08-31-2010, 01:13 PM
I was hoping to get a show of hands for who is in support and who is against the above concept.

I wasn't sure if this belonged in Suggestions & Feedback, but given that it's a question about a concept, and not yet a suggestion, I decided to place it here, hope ya don't mind!

So, please give a 'Yes' or 'No' with reasons to support. I'll start it off...

Yes

I don't see any advantage in having to remake games. With the right respawn timers, a group can circulate a single dungeon, and farming then becomes much less tedious.

There are also ways you can prevent a group from farming over zone-lines (zoning to the next dungeon, the last one is then removed from the server, and you zone back to fresh spawns), but that's another topic, I'll be happy to discuss it in a separate thread or over PM.

The only disadvantage is that maps with respawns & zone transitions take longer for the devs to make.

TwinkTastical
08-31-2010, 01:41 PM
You cant boot leeches in Sarc etc etc.. which is when.. people start killing people with baby skull seeking bullets..
WKUK ftw

bmc85uk
08-31-2010, 02:17 PM
I know you can't boot people from public instances, but the early half of the Forest Haven campaign works with a respawn mechanic, and people can still host (and therefore kick players from) those games.

Other than that I don't really understand what you were saying; but it doesn't matter.

Can we try and stay on-topic please.

Snakespeare
08-31-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't know... I worry about people camping out next to boss respawn points, as they do in Zyla's. It's cool to do, and I enjoy the socializing that goes on, too, but for ALL bosses? I don't know... it sounds so easy to abuse.

bmc85uk
08-31-2010, 07:26 PM
How is that abusing it? If a boss respawn timer is 5+ minutes, and people are rushing dungeons in times as fast, if not faster than that, often with multiple bosses (which I find excludes people like me who have no interest in tedious rush farming), then camping bosses (which people do in other MMO's) isn't really any faster.

If you want to remake the level and see if you can rush faster than the respawn timer, great, but at least give everyone else an alternative :)

FluffNStuff
08-31-2010, 10:26 PM
The only issue I see with this is it's affect on PUGs. People will just be sitting in these instances and not leaving. Once in your good, but joining late will be impossible since you have to solo to the group. Would also mean less new games being created on the join game screen, so there will be less random player mixing and more isolation. Just thoughts but I really do like the idea in general, but would be soooo much better if they could handle more then five players to a dungeon.

bmc85uk
09-02-2010, 06:41 PM
The only issue I see with this is it's affect on PUGs. People will just be sitting in these instances and not leaving. Once in your good, but joining late will be impossible since you have to solo to the group.

This the case with rush groups anyway, if like I suggested, the stun feature on enemy hits was removed, players could risk running, down a speed elixir and you're laughing. Even so, if I was the leader of a group I'd be happy to fight my way back to help a player in-between spawns, especially if they intended to stay. I'd also be happy to solo my way towards a group if I didn't feel like running.