PDA

View Full Version : Cole World

vidarr666
08-23-2012, 11:42 AM
G'day guys!

I'm a big fan of the rap genre. Is anyone out there with me when i say Jermaine Lamarr Cole (J.Cole) is the greatest lyricist out there today? Been a huge fan of his when everyone was doubting him. Now that he's it, people say he's the s****. "One minute i'm overrated, next minute im the saviour. You hated before you played it, I already forgave ya" A line from his song Villematic.

Most rappers nowadays talk about female dogs, illicit drug dealing, and how rich they are. J. Cole is more of a story teller. He showed me a side of rap that I thought was dead.

J Cole. The man who dared to make a track about a very sensitive issue. A decision that would change a person's life. Abortion. Lost Ones - J.Cole

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s371/vidarr666/a005b1cf.jpg

Mark my words, this man shall be a legend.

Suentous PO
08-23-2012, 03:53 PM
ill check him out. ive been stuck on the "underground" stuff for a while.

WoundedEagle
08-23-2012, 04:15 PM
I enjoy J. Cole. I'm still a huge OFWGKTA fan. I also love Childish Gambino, Drake, and Kanye's newer stuff. Odd Future (OFWGKTA) is great though.

vidarr666
08-23-2012, 08:41 PM
ill check him out. ive been stuck on the "underground" stuff for a while.

you should. he's worth it ;)

vidarr666
08-23-2012, 08:43 PM
I enjoy J. Cole. I'm still a huge OFWGKTA fan. I also love Childish Gambino, Drake, and Kanye's newer stuff. Odd Future (OFWGKTA) is great though.

Nice to see some good names on here bro :)

Kixxler
08-23-2012, 10:01 PM
I listen to J.Cole all the time :).

Kaytar
08-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Only rap artist I listen too is Nicki Minaj :cool:

vidarr666
09-02-2012, 09:43 PM

hahaha! you're funny! unless you're serious..

Kaytar
09-02-2012, 09:50 PM

hahaha! you're funny! unless you're serious..You should really check before you say stuff. Nicki is way better

saool
09-02-2012, 10:05 PM
I'll check him out in a few. One of my favorites is Lupe Fiasco, Kanye's song Mercy is stuck in my head, and I also enjoy some Jay-Z.

Edit: wow wow wow!!! Thanks for sharing this! I heard that song Lost Ones very real, and hella legit.

Oh and I forgot to mention Immortal Technique.

nmyxspaceship
09-02-2012, 10:16 PM

Was worried no one else still liked Kanye. Yeah I've heard a little of J cole. Gs I think.

RedRyder
09-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I stopped listening to rap and anything of the sort in 2008, when LIL Wayne started singing and released the tragic Lollipop song and everyone thought it was hot. So I dropped it altogether and I only listen to rock of any kind and Indy music. Classical is pretty decent too.

I'll only listen to older rap songs for some heavy nostalgia, but nothing past that. The only artist I'd really listen to and follow until their retirement is probably Eminem. Immortal technique is also a monster. I was really fond of papoose but idk what's going on with him. I enjoy drake, I'll listen to him if it happens to be playing, but I'd never look for the song myself. Any of the other artists I'd follow until now are passed on.

Suentous PO
09-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Dope WE. I just put earl sweatshirt in the other thread, fav rappers. They make some of the funniest and most innapropriately offensive videos ( in case you didn't know and check them out for the 1st time). I've yet to see Jasper's loiter squad on adult swim but I bet it's good.

vidarr666
09-03-2012, 09:07 PM
You should really check before you say stuff. Nicki is way better

Oh trust me i know my stuff ;)

vidarr666
09-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Edit: wow wow wow!!! Thanks for sharing this! I heard that song Lost Ones very real

Goosebumps everytime :D watch the live performance.

WoundedEagle
09-05-2012, 04:53 PM
I stopped listening to rap and anything of the sort in 2008, when LIL Wayne started singing and released the tragic Lollipop song and everyone thought it was hot. So I dropped it altogether and I only listen to rock of any kind and Indy music. Classical is pretty decent too.

I'll only listen to older rap songs for some heavy nostalgia, but nothing past that. The only artist I'd really listen to and follow until their retirement is probably Eminem. Immortal technique is also a monster. I was really fond of papoose but idk what's going on with him. I enjoy drake, I'll listen to him if it happens to be playing, but I'd never look for the song myself. Any of the other artists I'd follow until now are passed on.

Lil Wayne is America's rap abomination. People exaggerate his sterotypical rap attitude (most of the time it's true, but people have yet to listen to other pieces of his work). The only song I like from him is his remix of Marvin's Room (orignally by Drake) from his album Sorry 4 the Wait. His rap is completely lame and YMCMB sucks. I miss the old Drake though. His first Mixtape was the best. Songs like November 18th and Little Bit are amazing.

Dope WE. I just put earl sweatshirt in the other thread, fav rappers. They make some of the funniest and most innapropriately offensive videos ( in case you didn't know and check them out for the 1st time). I've yet to see Jasper's loiter squad on adult swim but I bet it's good.

Respect has gone up a ton. I think you were at my respect cap anyways though. People think I'm fake for OF because I'm a fan of other music. Some of these ignorant Tyler munchers think just because OF can't stand YMCMB, TGOD, etc. They treat it like religion *idiots* (they probably only listen to Yonkers).

Oh trust me i know my stuff ;)

I concur... Nicki Minaj is terrible. She's the stereotypical ghetto rapper; but a girl. I can't say I hate all her music; though sometimes it makes me want to throw a lamp at homeless men.

Kixxler
10-19-2012, 06:52 PM
You should really check before you say stuff. Nicki is way better