PDA

View Full Version : 2012-08-23 Content Update (98524)

asommers
08-23-2012, 02:55 PM
You can now access the dark path in Forest Haven towne! This pathway leads to mini-dungeons (*such as the "Skeleton Cult Crypt" and the "Forest Haven Boss Stomp")!
The Forgotten Treasure event is now closed.
Forgotten Treasure weapons now occlude vanity offhand items
Increased base stat requirements for all Forgotten Treasure Event loot weapons.
Increased damage on the Elite Marlin Sword's shark attack proc.

WoundedEagle
08-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Awesome update all around.

Skeletonlord
08-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Is the vanity in our stash? It does quite say here.

xcainnblecterx
08-23-2012, 02:58 PM
what does forgotten treasure weapons occlude vanity offhand items mean please?

Darkterror
08-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Awesome!!

Samhayne
08-23-2012, 03:03 PM

That means it won't show a vanity shield if you're holding a bow.

See Zastria in Forest Haven for the coin vanity shield reward for SMASHING over 5 Million chests.

donzai
08-23-2012, 03:04 PM
We have been told tht the vanity coin shield will be worn even with the two handed staffs.. But leave the coin shiled my centurian shiled is also not displayed when i wear them.. Earlier centurian sheild was displayed with my forgotton staff.. So much hardwork and still u got a vanity which isnt been displayed.. Not fair.. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Note.

donzai
08-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Awesome update all around.

Dnt think so...

donzai
08-23-2012, 03:06 PM

Ya what does it means... Clarify pls...

Is this what i am thinking...

Skeletonlord
08-23-2012, 03:07 PM
How many did we actually get Sam? I know more than 5 million but how many exactly?

Chopper
08-23-2012, 03:21 PM
why did you boost the Elite marlin but not fix the Elite Sea Blaster from attacking your own party members? Is this a planned fix in the future? Thx

trunzoc
08-23-2012, 03:23 PM
[LIST]

I was just about to blast the dude that whined because he can't wear a vanity shield with a staff. But then I actually logged into the game as saw what you did with the change i quoted.

So basically you CANNOT use a forgotten weapon unless you are pure specced? All you dual spec players, you know, 98% of PL, throw you forgotten weapons away because you can't use them.

Hadesofshadow
08-23-2012, 03:28 PM
I was just about to blast the dude that whined because he can't wear a vanity shield with a staff. But then I actually logged into the game as saw what you did with the change i quoted.

So basically you CANNOT use a forgotten weapon unless you are pure specced? All you dual spec players, you know, 98% of PL, throw you forgotten weapons away because you can't use them.

this post, i dont even

Techno Email
08-23-2012, 03:41 PM
You can now access the dark path in Forest Haven towne! This pathway leads to mini-dungeons (*such as the "Skeleton Cult Crypt" and the "Forest Haven Boss Stomp")!
The Forgotten Treasure event is now closed.
Forgotten Treasure weapons now occlude vanity offhand items
Increased damage on the Elite Marlin Sword's shark attack proc.

You completed the Forgotten Treasure event with tremendous success! Don't forget to talk to Zastria in Forest Haven Towne to collect your exclusive reward!

Techno Email
08-23-2012, 04:16 PM
why did you boost the Elite marlin but not fix the Elite Sea Blaster from attacking your own party members? Is this a planned fix in the future? Thx

The Elite Sea Blaster cannon ball nd the Elite Wave Twister totem both effect all players. You guys know I'm totally CRAZY, so guess what...this is TOTALLY by design!! :topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy:

I love building game mechanics that give players an opportunity to use those skills that players can only learn with a lot of experience. To clarify, I don't mean XP. I'm talking about that "thumbs on the phone/tablet/mouse" kind of experience - PRACTICE!! :worked_till_5am: Players who have learned pay close attention to their environment and react really quickly have the advantage when a cannon ball bomb or wave twister totem procs.

Short answer to whether or not we plan to "fix" this issue is...(drumroll): No. :livid: If you're interested in learning more about tactics that you can use to "game" who gets affected by these procs, I'd love to see a thread with any tips you guys have to share with each other. I might even share a couple tips of my own. :playful: Until then, if you see a Sea Blaster nearby, turn your sound on and keep your eyes peeled!:black_eyed:

Chopper
08-23-2012, 04:21 PM
The Elite Sea Blaster cannon ball nd the Elite Wave Twister totem both effect all players. You guys no I'm totally CRAZY, so guess what...this is TOTALLY by design!! :topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy:

LOL, fair enough! I can appreciate CRAZY ha ha

KingFu
08-23-2012, 04:30 PM

Throw them away? Bow is the most OP item IG ATM.

Energizeric
08-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Tip for dealing with Sea Blaster: If you are a bear, don't tank if someone is using the Sea Blaster. Instead, wait until boss kills them, and then tank. If Sea Blaster user is revived, then repeat process.

donzai
08-23-2012, 06:12 PM
I was just about to blast the dude that whined because he can't wear a vanity shield with a staff. .

What does that suppose to me playa...

trunzoc
08-23-2012, 06:35 PM
What does that suppose to me playa...

yup

JaytB
08-23-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm not sure if it's being posted here yet, but it would be great to disable friendly fire on the battle ship proc.

That way people don't get booted for using a supposedly Elite weapon :)

Edit: Just read techno's response about the crazy intentional design of the weapon proc. I honestly whish you'd reconsider techno. Both staff and sword now add an added benefit, while the battle ship will soon become the 'getting booted' ship :/

JaytB
08-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Sorry for the double post, but the coin shield seems to be tradable.

Is that the intention??

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/843513a26797e4478fdaac72b2c2ccaf.jpg

Ladyviviane
08-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Plz help ! I cant equip my 4gotten weeps anymore ( 😱 212 base pts need !!!) 💔😞😭

ThePvpTwink
08-23-2012, 07:23 PM
The higher base stat thing is terrible. Lots of people complaining they "lost their weapon" or cant use it or have to respec just to use it...This also effects pvp into being all dex people :/

The req is way too high...lv 70=212? the regular items only need 155 i think...making dual specing impossible :(

Other than that,great update. We made 5m ;)

Its interesting how every CHARACTER can get one unlike the promo antennas with 1 per account...and how they can be traded LOL

Jcyee
08-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Not a fan of the raised base stats for the forgotten weps... Theyre basically useless unless your a pure character

HunterSLAYER
08-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Raised base stats update is affecting the majority of players who dual spec.

Going pure on a stat just to use a forgotten weapon? This is ridiculous.

Sent from my Xperia S using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Ape
08-23-2012, 09:00 PM
How much damage did the elite sword get increased?

Deathofan
08-23-2012, 09:42 PM
How much damage did the elite sword get increased? the dmg still the same (+3 dmg l70 crafted 2h scimitar) only that the shark proc does more dmg than usual

donzai
08-23-2012, 09:48 PM
yup

Just a yup? Hah...
Is tht it... Good tht u made it easy 4 urself....

Tip: i guess thinking that i am a great and others are noob is a good thought. But is meant to keep in between ourself. As u never knw abt other person..

So before writing some words that critisize others think twice.....

Regards
O.O

Ape
08-23-2012, 11:09 PM
the dmg still the same (+3 dmg l70 crafted 2h scimitar) only that the shark proc does more dmg than usual

If still the same dmg, why did they then said increased dmg?

Energizeric
08-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Raised base stats update is affecting the majority of players who dual spec.

Going pure on a stat just to use a forgotten weapon? This is ridiculous.

Then don't do it.

You know, everyone complained that the new weapons were OP. So instead of lowering their stats, they made higher requirements so that there is now a compromise needed in order to use the forgotten weapons. I say that's a good idea. You can use the OP weapon, but in order to do so you must give up something.

There is a solution though. Just because you are level 70 does not mean you have to use a level 70 forgotten bow. You can use a level 60 forgotten bow. The stats on that one will still be very good. I'm level 71 dual spec bear, and since my main set is a sand walker set, I cannot add any more dex or else I won't be able to equip it. I only use a bow once in a while, so instead of using a level 71 forgotten bow, I'm now using a level 64 forgotten bow. The dmg is still higher than a level 70 sun gods bow, so I'm still happy. :)

trunzoc
08-24-2012, 07:14 AM
+1 I guess.

I also seldom use a bow, but have one for when I'm using the daily pot or something.

What annoys me about it is that I sold the crappy Beach Bum bow I had since the Forgotten bow was better. Except now I can't use the forgotten bow, and the price of beach bum went up. Just one of those things where a little foresight would have been nice.

Techno Email
08-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Was the coin shield meant to be
Tradeable?

side note: hi techno:)

side note: hi Urqui! :)

Techno Email
08-24-2012, 09:56 AM
the dmg still the same (+3 dmg l70 crafted 2h scimitar) only that the shark proc does more dmg than usual

Basic attacks typically have a range of damage that they could deal. The low end of the Elite Marlin Sword's basic attack damage has been bumped up. The damage on the shark attack proc was significantly increased.

HunterSLAYER
08-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Basic attacks typically have a range of damage that they could deal. The low end of the Elite Marlin Sword's basic attack damage has been bumped up. The damage on the shark attack proc was significantly increased.

Um so Techno.....coin shield= supposed to be tradable or bug?

octavos
08-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Um so Techno.....coin shield= supposed to be tradable or bug?

I will confirm this for you guys: Yes, it IS intentional that this Ancient Coin Shield is tradable. Bon appetit!

✾◕ ‿ ◕✾

Treenire
08-24-2012, 10:58 AM

" Spent a ton of plat to get them only because of the stats on it, if I knew it would change to this, I wouldn't have bothered.."

this is the general feel between myself and my friends who spent plat on the x4.5 damage button and elixors to grab the pinks. Using our real life money to farm for these awesome weapons...you could say we have been mislead becoz of this stat change...

FluffNStuff
08-24-2012, 02:19 PM
What was the update that just happened?

Cahaun
08-24-2012, 02:31 PM

" Spent a ton of plat to get them only because of the stats on it, if I knew it would change to this, I wouldn't have bothered.."

this is the general feel between myself and my friends who spent plat on the x4.5 damage button and elixors to grab the pinks. Using our real life money to farm for these awesome weapons...you could say we have been mislead becoz of this stat change...
Wouldn't be misleading because STS made no promise and the many threads screaming NERF should've warned you :)

Schnitzel
08-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Sorry for the double post, but the coin shield seems to be tradable.

Is that the intention??

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/843513a26797e4478fdaac72b2c2ccaf.jpg
I wasnt sure either..so i just kept all of my coin shields..but really devs, were u guys intending for it to be tradable? Now some of the new players may be ripped off by some higher level saying 'buy this i sell cheap other sell expensive' i nearly got ripped off -.-

Schnitzel
08-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Not a fan of the raised base stats for the forgotten weps... Theyre basically useless unless your a pure character
Im pure dexerity so i guess im
Not affected by this base stat thing..though really never understood this 'base stat' thing..anyone care to explain?

trunzoc
08-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Wouldn't be misleading because STS made no promise and the many threads screaming NERF should've warned you :)

Thing is they didn't fix the problem. The pure-specced toons that were going to benefit most from an OP weapon are still benefiting from it. All they did was piss off the 90% of ppl that play dual-specced toons that can no longer use a weapon of the proper level. I'm 71. I have to drop all the way down to a 64 bow, which is about the same as a tiki bow, so what's the point?

The should have made the armor for them horribly low to match the very high Dmg. Sure, it can hit hard as heck, but you're going to sacrifice for it.

sworedhel
08-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Unsure still. I am a lv 71 mage. I have a uncrafted staff at lv 70. & its still got better stats than the lv 71 forgotten staff - which is pink btw. So to me yes the forgotten weapon is still rubbish.

Anyway i never did get why there rubbish and still don't. What was the point? Realy ??

Sinacola
08-26-2012, 03:07 PM
I ended up selling my coin shield, but unlike selling it for 10k like everyone else, I sold mine for 5k and it literally sold in less than 5 minutes.

lacky
08-27-2012, 06:42 AM
Why cs always full?

I cant join my friend like before and too hard to join chance.

If cs could be no full like before, please reuse it.

This is my opinion only, thanks.

Techno Email
08-27-2012, 04:58 PM
The coin shield is intentionally trade-able.

Do you have multiple characters?

Did you get several coin shields??

Did you know you can hold your very own contest or tournament?

What about holding a contest or tournament and giving the shield away as a reward???

ALL HAIL the player who holds such a tourney!!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?67-PL-Contests

JaytB
08-27-2012, 05:06 PM
The coin shield is intentionally trade-able.

Do you have multiple characters?

Did you get several coin shields??

Did you know you can hold your very own contest or tournament?

What about holding a contest or tournament and giving the shield away as a reward???

ALL HAIL the player who holds such a tourney!!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?67-PL-Contests

Will the coin shield be free to get forever or only for a limited time?

Goner
08-28-2012, 04:36 AM
You can now access the dark path in Forest Haven towne!
I'm probably completely overlooking something obvious, but where is this "dark path" ? :dispirited: All I can find is a "hidden path" and that's closed off ...

donzai
08-28-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm probably completely overlooking something obvious, but where is this "dark path" ? :dispirited: All I can find is a "hidden path" and that's closed off ...

Mb u r late and the dark path is coverd..

Mario1092
08-29-2012, 07:28 PM
I've been trying to get in that hidden passage forever!

Goner
08-30-2012, 02:22 AM
the "hidden path" has always been there ... but the announcement says that there's now also a "dark path", but where ??