PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Weapons, Kinda Nerfed?

Twinklaser
08-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Well now that the stat requirements are higher, voodoos wont be using the bow now, but is it enough?

Thelastblink
08-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Nope^^ Not at all, we can still use staff, birds can still use bow, bears can use sword but it sucks..... So basically every other weapon in the game is outmatched by them (except for maybe bears) BRACE YOURSELF FOR PRICE DROPS!

KingFu
08-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Nope, they need a major damage decrease still.

Yich
08-23-2012, 03:18 PM
I'd say no, at level 17 all the dex bears were 100% dex before the forgotten weaps and now they will be the same. Just with 100 more dps. LOL.

trunzoc
08-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Kinda makes dual-specced birds and mages even less relevant in PvP. Bears are just as irrelevant as ever.

Hadesofshadow
08-23-2012, 03:45 PM
I'd say no, at level 17 all the dex bears were 100% dex before the forgotten weaps and now they will be the same. Just with 100 more dps. LOL.

everyone else does too

problem?

trunzoc
08-23-2012, 03:53 PM
No, not everyone.

Any advantage I had being a warbird with extra armor was just shot right the <beep> out the window because pure-specced mages or birds are going to blow right through it.

LookBehindMe
08-23-2012, 04:02 PM
No, not everyone.

Any advantage I had being a warbird with extra armor was just shot right the <beep> out the window because pure-specced mages or birds are going to blow right through it.
Just like it should be.

WarTornBird
08-23-2012, 04:03 PM
No, not everyone.

Looks like its time to go pure and not complain

FluffNStuff
08-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Well now that the stat requirements are higher, voodoos wont be using the bow now, but is it enough?

Just need to find the right bow.

Drekkthar
08-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Looks like all the complaining from pvpers caused the change, however change affects pve more than pvp lol. All end game bears ar dual specced and can now not use the bow OR sword. Thanks guys.

McBain
08-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Looks like all the complaining from pvpers caused the change, however change affects pve more than pvp lol. All end game bears ar dual specced and can now not use the bow OR sword. Thanks guys.

Truth

Treenire
08-24-2012, 02:13 AM
Should of just left the spec the same and make the forgotten items unusable in PvP (meaning unable to equipt) such power in pve is awesome =)

xcainnblecterx
08-24-2012, 02:59 AM
Actually the omni wand has way better stats then the l71 forgotten staff minus a few damage points, so why even raise the stats when a 66 wand blows a 71 staff away? I understand lower armor for 2h, but the staff has nothing on the wand

Unxtoxic
08-24-2012, 03:54 AM
Nope^^ Not at all, we can still use staff, birds can still use bow, bears can use sword but it sucks..... So basically every other weapon in the game is outmatched by them (except for maybe bears) BRACE YOURSELF FOR PRICE DROPS!

Price drop on forgotten weapons or other weapons?

xcainnblecterx
08-24-2012, 03:57 AM
yea idk bout prices dropping so far ive seen them raised. on top of the mad dash everyone is doing for gold shields

razurblade
08-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Well now that the stat requirements are higher, voodoos wont be using the bow now, but is it enough? well 51 birds can no longer duel spec with bow... So we are still most under powered class in game

razurblade
08-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Well now that the stat requirements are higher, voodoos wont be using the bow now, but is it enough? update ur sig lol

FluffNStuff
08-24-2012, 09:01 AM
well 51 birds can no longer duel spec with bow... So we are still most under powered class in game
Just need to find the right bow ...

How many times do I have to say this.

MightyMicah
08-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Seems to me that all that happened was bears got screwed. Pure dex birds own just fine, and mages have the staff. Pure dex bears are significantly weaker, however. Poor bears :(

FluffNStuff
08-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Seems to me that all that happened was bears got screwed. Pure dex birds own just fine, and mages have the staff. Pure dex bears are significantly weaker, however. Poor bears :(

What level so I can do the math?

Pakax
08-24-2012, 09:25 AM
am annoyed coz the 56 Bow requirement (170 dex) makes it impossible to dual spec. So basically, I wasted two plat to dual spec.

FluffNStuff
08-24-2012, 09:32 AM
am annoyed coz the 56 Bow requirement (170 dex) makes it impossible to dual spec. So basically, I wasted two plat to dual spec.

No, you just have to sacrifice 15 damage ;)

Treenire
08-24-2012, 09:35 AM
I guess these items are just going to have to live in our stash since the base spec is so high now. =/ ah well... Back to using my goddess staff..

Rot
08-24-2012, 09:37 AM
To be honest I think there are advantages of having the OP bows, staffs and blades. First of all, it gives the new players or less experienced players a chance to win a death match against a more experienced player. That way there would be less new players quitting the game just because PvP was annoying. They wouldn't even stand a chance if they were to use the gears they looted. For example, l10-l17s. At that level I would say Dex bears are the major ownage. What can a new l10 do if he was to enter PvP? If he can get a bow, just like the Forgotten Bow, he would stand a chance against the more experienced players, and by this I mean that they could possibly kill the more experienced players if they are lucky, and they would feel proud of their achievements. It wouldn't spoil PvP in my opinion, it merely makes a change to it. As you know, the pink Forgotten weapons are way more expensive than the purple version of them. New players wouldn't have the money to buy a pink Forgotten bow unless they are financially assisted. A pink bow for l10-17s costs more than 100k, so the more experienced players could surely get one. Pink bow vs Purple bow, which will win? Of course the pink will! Moreover, if the less experienced player ever owned a pink bow, it doesn't really matter too. OP bow vs OP bow match depends on skills and strategies. Don't tell me an experienced player's skill build is worse than a new player. For high levels, they wouldn't be that much of less experienced players than that in the low levels category, but then, if you ever consider yourself as a more experienced player, just get a bow and stop asking STS to nerf the bows. Personally I like the new weapons, they're cool and powerful. STS did a great job about it, be grateful.
*Please note that this post is NOT meant to offend anyone.*

MightyMicah
08-24-2012, 11:09 AM
What level so I can do the math?

Good point. I've only tried 35 and 19 with the new bows.

NOWHEREMAN2084
08-24-2012, 01:11 PM
This is in no way a nerf of forgotten weapons, it is a nerf of dual spec,and i don't understand it. Plus it will barely affect low level pvp because so many people are pure dex anyway

trunzoc
08-24-2012, 04:48 PM
I'd need a 64 bow to equip with my warbird. 64 forgotten bows are about dead even with the 71 beach bum bow, and that gives a set bonus, so what's the point?

Energizeric
08-24-2012, 07:42 PM
I'd need a 64 bow to equip with my warbird. 64 forgotten bows are about dead even with the 71 beach bum bow, and that gives a set bonus, so what's the point?

The point of being a warbird is that you most likely use a strength set most of the time, and only use a dex/bow set once in a while. So the point here is that the lvl64 forgotten bow is much less expensive than a whole beach bum bow set. I'm a dual spec bear, and I'm just fine using the lvl64 bow when I need one. 90% of the time I just use my sand walker set.

Yich
08-24-2012, 07:51 PM
To be honest I think there are advantages of having the OP bows, staffs and blades. First of all, it gives the new players or less experienced players a chance to win a death match against a more experienced player. That way there would be less new players quitting the game just because PvP was annoying. They wouldn't even stand a chance if they were to use the gears they looted. For example, l10-l17s. At that level I would say Dex bears are the major ownage. What can a new l10 do if he was to enter PvP? If he can get a bow, just like the Forgotten Bow, he would stand a chance against the more experienced players, and by this I mean that they could possibly kill the more experienced players if they are lucky, and they would feel proud of their achievements. It wouldn't spoil PvP in my opinion, it merely makes a change to it. As you know, the pink Forgotten weapons are way more expensive than the purple version of them. New players wouldn't have the money to buy a pink Forgotten bow unless they are financially assisted. A pink bow for l10-17s costs more than 100k, so the more experienced players could surely get one. Pink bow vs Purple bow, which will win? Of course the pink will! Moreover, if the less experienced player ever owned a pink bow, it doesn't really matter too. OP bow vs OP bow match depends on skills and strategies. Don't tell me an experienced player's skill build is worse than a new player. For high levels, they wouldn't be that much of less experienced players than that in the low levels category, but then, if you ever consider yourself as a more experienced player, just get a bow and stop asking STS to nerf the bows. Personally I like the new weapons, they're cool and powerful. STS did a great job about it, be grateful.
*This post is not to offend anyone.*

I see what you mean as far as making PvP easier for noobies, but this has never before been the intention of STS in the past, why all of a sudden do this? Also, what do these new players need to farm for? If this were about monetary gain for STS, they should want people needing to use plat in some way to be good at PvP. I just dont think it's right for new players to be able to come in to PvP and have a chance at rushing anyone experienced. Its not that I dont want noobs to hurt my kdr, I really dont care. I would think that they should have to have SOME reason to farm or at least try and make money. Notice how the rings that cost 10 plat have better stats than those that cost 5? Thats because STS used to reward people that pay more money and spent more time on their game.

Rot
08-24-2012, 08:34 PM
I see what you mean as far as making PvP easier for noobies, but this has never before been the intention of STS in the past, why all of a sudden do this? Also, what do these new players need to farm for? If this were about monetary gain for STS, they should want people needing to use plat in some way to be good at PvP. I just dont think it's right for new players to be able to come in to PvP and have a chance at rushing anyone experienced. Its not that I dont want noobs to hurt my kdr, I really dont care. I would think that they should have to have SOME reason to farm or at least try and make money. Notice how the rings that cost 10 plat have better stats than those that cost 5? Thats because STS used to reward people that pay more money and spent more time on their game.

Why all of a sudden do this? There's a first time for everything. Yes in the low levels you'll need plat to get better stats. But as what I mentioned above, I said the new players would at least stand a CHANCE. I'm not saying that the less experienced players can just go around and farm kills off the more experienced players, I'm just saying that the new players could at least hope to win without spending to buy plat. Personally I think every MMORPG developers do them, reward the people who pay more money. Look at Farmville, Runescape or any other games, which doesn't? You must know that the developers made a game to earn money, and money means a lot to them. They can't just spend a whole day time thinking of what to be added into their game as a new content, they need to earn money! Its their job! I don't blame them. Who doesn't like money? Also, realised that PvP is about the same as the way it was before? The Forgotten weapons brought it back into Ffa 24/7. Well, at least its what I experienced. I don't think Ffa is bad, I just don't like 1v3 or 2v3.

Yich
08-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Why all of a sudden do this? There's a first time for everything. Yes in the low levels you'll need plat to get better stats. But as what I mentioned above, I said the new players would at least stand a CHANCE. I'm not saying that the less experienced players can just go around and farm kills off the more experienced players, I'm just saying that the new players could at least hope to win without spending to buy plat. Personally I think every MMORPG developers do them, reward the people who pay more money. Look at Farmville, Runescape or any other games, which doesn't? You must know that the developers made a game to earn money, and money means a lot to them. They can't just spend a whole day time thinking of what to be added into their game as a new content, they need to earn money! Its their job! I don't blame them. Who doesn't like money? Also, realised that PvP is about the same as the way it was before? The Forgotten weapons brought it back into Ffa 24/7. Well, at least its what I experienced. I don't think Ffa is bad, I just don't like 1v3 or 2v3.

I see where you're coming from but I believe PvP needs to have a cost element to it. PvE is the usual path people take until a much higher level until they try PvP. Instead of new players stopping at low level PvP and dominating, they should go through quests and get their level up and just learn the game and have fun. Am I saying they cant do PvP? No, Im saying they shouldnt get to succeed on their first trip. They just shouldnt. This isnt the only problem, even if everyone is put on the same level by STS's latest update, why this much damage? Before PvP was pretty balanced, now its go forgotten or go home. It just doesnt add up.

Rot
08-24-2012, 10:27 PM
I see where you're coming from but I believe PvP needs to have a cost element to it. PvE is the usual path people take until a much higher level until they try PvP. Instead of new players stopping at low level PvP and dominating, they should go through quests and get their level up and just learn the game and have fun. Am I saying they cant do PvP? No, Im saying they shouldnt get to succeed on their first trip. They just shouldnt. This isnt the only problem, even if everyone is put on the same level by STS's latest update, why this much damage? Before PvP was pretty balanced, now its go forgotten or go home. It just doesnt add up.

What I was saying was, there are those new players who are curious out there. Once they got bored of PvE they'll try PvP. I believe you were a noob once, right? Everybody was. I think you do understand the feeling of being so powerless. Imagine entering a PvP game, thinking that the other players would be as easy as a PvE mob. Then watch as the three players on the other team running towards you, then poof, you're dead meat. What does it feel like? I'm 100% sure that it doesn't feel good. So, if they ever had a Forgotten weapon, at least they can try. By trying I mean that they could at least kill one or two in a Deathmatch and at least have a taste of victory. What do you want the less experienced players to use at PvP to stand a chance other than the Forgotten weapons? Spiked bow? Ursan Axe? Black Firebolt Staff? You must be kidding me. PvP DOES need to have a cost element, or everyone would be dominating. But what harm could it do to let the less experienced player enjoy victory? Ruin the pros' kdr? What is kdr if the pros couldn't even finish a noob off? As far as I know, hit% and crit% are the main factors of l10-17s. What hit% can a noob have? 100%? Nope. Decent players couldn't even get higher than 85% without purchasing the plat pack, so what hit% can a less experienced player possibly have with an OP weapon? I guess its around 70%. So when the pros' have around 100%, tell me, who would own?

Thelastblink
08-25-2012, 02:28 AM
What I was saying was, there are those new players who are curious out there. Once they got bored of PvE they'll try PvP. I believe you were a noob once, right? Everybody was. I think you do understand the feeling of being so powerless. Imagine entering a PvP game, thinking that the other players would be as easy as a PvE mob. Then watch as the three players on the other team running towards you, then poof, you're dead meat. What does it feel like? I'm 100% sure that it doesn't feel good. So, if they ever had a Forgotten weapon, at least they can try. By trying I mean that they could at least kill one or two in a Deathmatch and at least have a taste of victory. What do you want the less experienced players to use at PvP to stand a chance other than the Forgotten weapons? Spiked bow? Ursan Axe? Black Firebolt Staff? You must be kidding me. PvP DOES need to have a cost element, or everyone would be dominating. But what harm could it do to let the less experienced player enjoy victory? Ruin the pros' kdr? What is kdr if the pros couldn't even finish a noob off? As far as I know, hit% and crit% are the main factors of l10-17s. What hit% can a noob have? 100%? Nope. Decent players couldn't even get higher than 85% without purchasing the plat pack, so what hit% can a less experienced player possibly have with an OP weapon? I guess its around 70%. So when the pros' have around 100%, tell me, who would own?

You know I only started doing pvp cos I got owned? My very first twink was a lvl 10 bear when expert and everything was released.was. the best people at that time were probi, sunblocks and ayepro and ihateualldie and barney and mircoxkiller(nzdevil) Well.... I got owned by them, I each had a private game with them.... got pwned. But this made me determined, I asked ayepro what item he was wearing which was armsman. I recovered bit by bit information from all of them to finally get a green snowball, trash armour and a green helmet! Also, I got the money for the snowball by farming, nzdevil taught me. Each gem was worth 25 k to farm, so he said farm around 4 a day and you get 100k! So im cutting this short, I think new people need more, not just go into a pvp arena and do pretty good.

Rot
08-25-2012, 02:42 AM
You know I only started doing pvp cos I got owned? My very first twink was a lvl 10 bear when expert and everything was released.was. the best people at that time were probi, sunblocks and ayepro and ihateualldie and barney and mircoxkiller(nzdevil) Well.... I got owned by them, I each had a private game with them.... got pwned. But this made me determined, I asked ayepro what item he was wearing which was armsman. I recovered bit by bit information from all of them to finally get a green snowball, trash armour and a green helmet! Also, I got the money for the snowball by farming, nzdevil taught me. Each gem was worth 25 k to farm, so he said farm around 4 a day and you get 100k! So im cutting this short, I think new people need more, not just go into a pvp arena and do pretty good.

There isn't much people like you and you must understand what other people feel. 4 or 5 of my friends quit right after their first PvP game. I remember Tylira and Micah teaching me the ways of a wand bear, but before that I was a piece of crap. :p The determined few become experienced today. So, why not give the new players chances to be experienced PvP-ers like you and me?