PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Weapons are now useless. Or STS trying to nerf dual-spec?

trunzoc
08-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Patch notes say they increased the base stat for the forgotten weapons.

L71 weapons need 215 in the base stat. So basically you have to be pure specced to use one.

That is all.

Hadesofshadow
08-23-2012, 03:48 PM
ermm no

you will have close to 450 dex pure specced

Suentous PO
08-23-2012, 03:49 PM
O.o
(im at work cant see update.now curiosity is killin me)

trunzoc
08-23-2012, 03:58 PM
ermm no

Ah, yes. You are right. You just can't have both stats high enough to equip the gear that actually gives you the advantage of being dual specced.

i.e. have 163 str. lets me equip any str item in the game (except forgotten sword now). Without equipping str gear, that 163 str gives me 3% more dodge than having NO str. it give 6 more armor.

So in other words, without having both stats high enough to equip gear, you might as well be Single-Specced because you are gimpning yourself if you don't.

But judging from the fact that you are stalking every thread about this saying the posters are wrong, I'm guessing you are full specced and don;t play a warbird or pali?

Yich
08-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Come to level 17 and see how "useless" they are.. More like overused or "impossible-to-not-use(-and-win)"... Except for the Auto bow in some cases...

xcainnblecterx
08-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Yea you can thank the people who whined about base stats for forgotten weps being to low. Wonder when their goin screw up the Christmas items too. Also my bears skills take alot longer to recharge, yet my mage can cast ice fire ice then fire over and over, so basically mages got upgraded

Hadesofshadow
08-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Ah, yes. You are right. You just can't have both stats high enough to equip the gear that actually gives you the advantage of being dual specced.

i.e. have 163 str. lets me equip any str item in the game (except forgotten sword now). Without equipping str gear, that 163 str gives me 3% more dodge than having NO str. it give 6 more armor.

So in other words, without having both stats high enough to equip gear, you might as well be Single-Specced because you are gimpning yourself if you don't.

But judging from the fact that you are stalking every thread about this saying the posters are wrong, I'm guessing you are full specced and don;t play a warbird or pali?

warbird is a no

and i have played pally longer than you have played this game

trunzoc
08-23-2012, 06:43 PM
warbird is a no

and i have played pally longer than you have played this game

Been playing that long? Maybe that's why you can somehow get 450 in 1 stat which seems to be about 100 more than anyone else in the game.

I was actually able to log in once I got home form work. the 163 str points gives me 2 dodge and 4 armor. My numbers before were to high. 357 if I dump everything into dex.

So yeah. it's absolutely pointless to spec high enough to use one of these without just going full spec with no points in anything else.

I'm trying to find where I can buy those other 100 dex points your talking about.

Hawkbby
08-23-2012, 07:12 PM
ermm no

450 pure dex with equipment you mean.*

ThePvpTwink
08-23-2012, 07:34 PM
357 is pure dex bird.

thecrankybearsam
08-23-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm disappointed too. I don't see the purpose.

Noodleleg
08-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Why this is messed up:

Birds now have the upper hand when they're pure dex... Now, that's okay for end game or high level twinking. What's not cool is low level bears (like 17 bears) using these bows. They're usually already pure dex so they're even more op than before.

Elitephonix
08-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Why this is messed up:

Birds now have the upper hand when they're pure dex... Now, that's okay for end game or high level twinking. What's not cool is low level bears (like 17 bears) using these bows. They're usually already pure dex so they're even more op than before.

Finally!!! The +1 us birds have been waiting for.

xcainnblecterx
08-23-2012, 08:59 PM
go the highest on your base stat say 215 as most forgotten weps at 71 are 215 i belive and distribute the rest between whatever you chose i guess. i mean im an int bear and killing end game pvpers..thats gotta hurt

Drekkthar
08-24-2012, 04:33 AM
All the complaning over these weapons caused the change. Change which hurts pve more than pvp. Thanks guys.

xcainnblecterx
08-24-2012, 04:35 AM
Well all thats left say is done bun cant be undone. Unless we complain too

~A~
08-24-2012, 04:53 AM
Well all thats left say is done bun cant be undone.it CAN be undone

NECROREAPER
08-24-2012, 05:46 AM
To everyone:

Y so srs

WhoIsThis
08-24-2012, 11:05 PM
To everyone:

Y so srs

Because people care. PvP is more than just a game ... it's a passion. The forgotten weapons have unbalanced everything in lower level twinking in the level ranges that they affected. Their introduction has destroyed their passion, their reason for playing ... and so they are "so serious".

xcainnblecterx
08-25-2012, 05:49 AM
@a i said cant be undone unless we complain lol. Im very well aware it can be, but the biggest question do the devs honestly care? I mean sam (i belive) openly admitted that the bow was op didnt say anything about a fix

Rot
08-25-2012, 06:04 AM
Im very well aware it can be, but the biggest question do the devs honestly care? I mean sam (i belive) openly admitted that the bow was op didnt say anything about a fix

Give them some time dude. They're having a hard time due to all those complaints of the players. Do keep in mind that there isn't just PL they care about. There's still SL, DL and also the upcoming AL. I believe that they'll be spending more time in AL as it was said to be coming out soon. They fixed the PvP map rejoin bug soon enough, so I think time and patience are much needed.

Dynastu
08-25-2012, 06:17 AM
Because people care. PvP is more than just a game ... it's a passion.

The fact that most people try to just ignore the opinions of pvpers, even the devs (face it, people, everything is for pve, not pvp)--those first two sentences speak for all of us.

Most of the major discussions on the forums--elite vanity sets, forgotten items, glyph not dropping enough. People want the gap between vanity users and non-vanity users closed so pvp is more balanced (why would a pve-er complain about vanity sets?), people want glyph to have an advantage at pvp twink levels, forgotten items unbalancing pvp. It ALL comes down to pvp, and we're desperate to have the developers recognize this, but.

Have the devs really made the connection? Or do they just not care about pvp?

Range
08-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Come to level 17 and see how "useless" they are.. More like overused or "impossible-to-not-use(-and-win)"... Except for the Auto bow in some cases...

Very true but this is also true from lvl 10 through and past voodoo lvl's. Havnt pvp'd past 45 since the update but I'm sure that bow it best for 51 pvp also but idrk

I'm not complaining though. The lvl ten bird I made to farm the bow can kill most lvl tens all classes. Having som fun with it :)