PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Bows to OP in Twinking.

Paar
08-23-2012, 10:13 PM
If a thread about this has been made already I apologize. I just wanted to make my opinion clear to everyone and here are my thoughts.

First Off, Forgotten Bows I'm sure will be nerfed soon or whenever, but for now they are to OP, also not just for Twinks 10-15, but also Higher levels. They are the Puppies of Twinking everyone likes them! Eveyone uses them and I understand, but in the 10-15 range of twinking it's highly annoying. There is no compatition (However you spell it) in that Range. A fight with a 15 Autobow/talon and a Forgotten Bow lasts around 2 Seconds! (may being a little Dramatic) Still, it's insanity. I'd also like to tell eveyone within 10-15 PvP range, there is a group of twinks who stand out and are rushing all forgotten bows. If you like yo self some heated compotition or some rushing I suggest you use the bow. If you like your Kdr, Don't use the bow.

Flame, Don't flame. I don't care.
Leave some feedback.

~Paar.

Conradin
08-23-2012, 10:16 PM
they make it narly impossibe to beat a FB without another FB. Soooo much damage. way too OP

Kaytar
08-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Mistake 1: to should be too
Mistake 2: compatation should be competition.
I love you paar :o

WarTornBird
08-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Holy jeeze paar not you too ._. I love you man but urghh I was hoping the event ending would shut people up

Muslim
08-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Bird + fb = op kdr ruiners

Paar
08-23-2012, 10:37 PM
<3 :D Thank You Justus!
@WTB :( I R SORRY BRO <3

-lilithuglili
08-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Xbow> forgotten bow

Paar
08-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Basically, only if you know how to Kite.

Kaytar
08-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Basically, only if you know how to fly a Kite.I do. Throw it in the air, and run.

Hadesofshadow
08-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Xbow> forgotten bow

<3

to bad these pros dont know what an xbow is ;)

people complain when i use forgotten bow on a lv61 xD

LookBehindMe
08-23-2012, 10:55 PM
All I can say is that since this guild that rushes forgotten bows has come out my kdr has gone up.

Ape
08-23-2012, 11:22 PM
new bows are to op, sts did this so pvp would be more of luck.
this because some people who got owned maby 10-0 asked for this, now they got a chance to show how good they are.

myself, i'm qutting l.17 pvp if bows dont get nerved in a few days.

Suggestion to sts: make bows only allowed in pve, farmers with these bow wont get mad and pvpers will love it.

WhoIsThis
08-24-2012, 12:23 AM
These forgotten weapons are a blight on pvp. They have thoroughly unbalanced the levels that they've affected. Imo these complaints have plenty of justification - these weapons should be nerfed so that they are comparable but not superior to similar weapons of their level.

Otukura
08-24-2012, 12:39 AM
Considering what STS has done to the rest of PvP(non-endgame), I don't see any reason why we should continue to hope for a rebalance.

Thelastblink
08-24-2012, 02:10 AM
I'm speechless, doesnt seem like the old PL anymore, I just dont get the rush of excitement after school to play PL. Cos of the forgotten weapons are getting on my nerves. I rush everyone in sight, why should I be complaining? kill faster is better! But still...... the fact that every single class nukes each other and the fact that everyone seems to be holding a bow/staff is just stupid. I like different people with unique stuff, would you like a thousand of the same flavoured chocolates youve never tasted before or a thousand of different combinations of chocolate youve never tasted before? Id choose the combination... PLEASE NERF

Hadesofshadow
08-24-2012, 02:28 AM
I'm speechless, doesnt seem like the old PL anymore, I just dont get the rush of excitement after school to play PL. Cos of the forgotten weapons are getting on my nerves. I rush everyone in sight, why should I be complaining? kill faster is better! But still...... the fact that every single class nukes each other and the fact that everyone seems to be holding a bow/staff is just stupid. I like different people with unique stuff, would you like a thousand of the same flavoured chocolates youve never tasted before or a thousand of different combinations of chocolate youve never tasted before? Id choose the combination... PLEASE NERF

old pl pvp for sub lv20 was

buffs break armor blast shot

buffs stomp sms

lv35 ice fire

lv45

ice fire drain

root break shatter blast

do this or you lose

Dirtymonkey_666
08-24-2012, 05:41 AM
well i am a level 15 twink, if you are good with talons you can own people using FB, FB may have SMD but the also give lower hit% and crit. talon on the other hand high hit% and crit (when buffed my crit is 50). i can killed bears with FB while using a talon

Matutd
08-24-2012, 07:44 AM
When expert and artisan came out, they were OP, learn to adapt.

razurblade
08-24-2012, 07:56 AM
If a thread about this has been made already I apologize. I just wanted to make my opinion clear to everyone and here are my thoughts.

First Off, Forgotten Bows I'm sure will be nerfed soon or whenever, but for now they are to OP, also not just for Twinks 10-15, but also Higher levels. They are the Puppies of Twinking everyone likes them! Eveyone uses them and I understand, but in the 10-15 range of twinking it's highly annoying. There is no compatition (However you spell it) in that Range. A fight with a 15 Autobow/talon and a Forgotten Bow lasts around 2 Seconds! (may being a little Dramatic) Still, it's insanity. I'd also like to tell eveyone within 10-15 PvP range, there is a group of twinks who stand out and are rushing all forgotten bows. If you like yo self some heated compotition or some rushing I suggest you use the bow. If you like your Kdr, Don't use the bow.

Flame, Don't flame. I don't care.
Leave some feedback.

~Paar. too bad they made it impossible to duel spec at 51 for bird with fb and str gear lol I was ballin' out

HunterSLAYER
08-24-2012, 08:01 AM
*Sigh.

Sent from my Xperia S using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

False
08-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Quit this OP nonsense. If you don't like it complain to STS privately and not open in the community. I think we all had enough of this. As for myself, I will continue using the FB in pvp as you shouldn't be threatening others with a new-formed guild on what items they choose to use. STS put the forgotten items out there to use so don't start with a forgotten-rushing guild to change the PvP world the way you see fit: forgotten weapon-less. Just deal with it and adapt because I assure you, you won't be able to change it without STS' involvement. Thanks.

CrimsonTider
08-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Quit this OP nonsense. If you don't like it complain to STS privately and not open in the community. I think we all had enough of this. As for myself, I will continue using the FB in pvp as you shouldn't be threatening others with a new-formed guild on what items they choose to use. STS put the forgotten items out there to use so don't start with a forgotten-rushing guild to change the PvP world the way you see fit: forgotten weapon-less. Just deal with it and adapt because I assure you, you won't be able to change it without STS' involvement. Thanks.

This is a very good point. By rushing/teaming individuals with these points to cause them to either quit using them, or quit pvp altogether, is a form of grieving/bullying. I can understand the frustration about the FB's, but when you take it to a level to ruin other's enjoyment to satisfy your frustration over an issue that is not their fault... not cool.

Jugernugetx
08-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Join a game as pro experienced pvper.
Get owned by a bird with forgotten bow.
Rage quit.

^ DONT DO THAT
Do this:

Level a bird to whatever level you are getting owned by.
Get forgotten bow.
Win.
Birds will rule alterra!

Like-A-Boss
08-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Alright guys, its not that complicated.
If you are truly pro, at lv 10-15 I pwn FB people by kiting em with my Xbow (more range then FB bows).
I get half their hp before they hit me and then I kill em.
I also seen Xorejtz and other kill alot of FB people simply using tinsels and still have half hp remaining...
Either you adapt and get a bow or find other ways to kill em

LookBehindMe
08-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Ok so doing some more pvping and I'm finding thy when I use my toy man on my lvl 18 bird I can almost always beat a bear with FB the fact that I have high armor and dodge compared to them makes up for there Op'ness that everyone complains about.
But fr the record I still finest better with bow vs bow. If the bear has a talon the will almost always beat me when I have bow do to lower armor dodge.

Yich
08-24-2012, 09:37 PM
<3

To bad these n**bs dont know how to use a wall with forgotten bow... Smh...

Cahaun
08-24-2012, 09:45 PM
<3

Too bad there are still people going on about the Forgotten weapons and calling about almost all of the Forgotten Weapon users Noobs. If you really think yourself as pro, Yich, you'd know to adapt and overcome and win the battle. ;)

Yich
08-24-2012, 09:54 PM
When expert and artisan came out, they were OP, learn to adapt.

Do a few things for me. Check stat difference in DF leathers and arti/expert. Then check the price difference. Now check the stat difference in the forgotten bow and the previously used weapons (Wf items and talons). For anyone saying "adapt and use an xbow", the xbow was OP before. No one wanted to 1v1 with xbow because the range makes the fight mostly auto for auto. If you were in an ffa before, you could use an xbow and kite. That did great until your opponent wised up and either pulled out an xbow or starting taking advantage of walls and trees. Now, if someone with forgotten bow uses an obstacle, the only weapon you can use to win is the forgotten bow. It all begins and ends at the forgotten bow. This is why it needs to be lowered to become a new OPTION, not a NECISSITY.

Entertaining
08-24-2012, 10:41 PM
The release of Expert/Artisan doesn't even compare to the release of these bows...as Yich stated the difference between them is huge.

Ape
08-24-2012, 11:06 PM
sts will probably keep bringin out new better gear but look at the futere:

2 years later -> new ultra bow hits 1000 -_-
the first who presses auto wins :)

Hadesofshadow
08-24-2012, 11:08 PM
the bears are mad we can repulse them and they blow their spells and then we nuke them

Yich
08-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Too bad there are still people going on about the Forgotten weapons and calling about almost all of the Forgotten Weapon users Noobs. If you really think yourself as pro, Yich, you'd know to adapt and overcome and win the battle. ;)

I dont even imply that I'm no good because of the bow and just to maintain my reputation as an egomaniac, I'll still take on anyone using this bow. I dont want to ruin pvp for everyone who likes this bow and I think theres a happy medium. Does it not seem funny to anyone that these were pretty easy to get but yet they have more damage than any other weapon? I dont see why anyone could be reasonably angry with STS taking these down to match the SBL evenly. (not point for point, but have different stat points that are balanced out)

Hadesofshadow
08-24-2012, 11:14 PM
yich is mad some end gamers are making twinks and owning him.

Xettacross
08-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Try using different rings people. Instead of going for damage try armor rings. Bears already get high dmg cause of rage. Raise ur armor to counter the op'ness of fb's. Works for me.

Hadesofshadow
08-24-2012, 11:56 PM
notice how only 3 people are still ranting?

-lilithuglili
08-25-2012, 12:14 AM
<3

Too bad there are still people going on about the Forgotten weapons and calling about almost all of the Forgotten Weapon users Noobs. If you really think yourself as pro, Yich, you'd know to adapt and overcome and win the battle. ;)too bad i just wanted to say too bad too so i quoted and posted

Yich
08-25-2012, 01:42 PM
notice how only 3 people are still ranting?

Few things to say to you... First, Samhayne said himself the bow is OP. Secondly, few threads have been closed over this for "ranting". Ranting is NOT allowed and Delphina and others keep a close watch on the forums, they spot it pretty quick. Lastly, so many more people want this weapon nerfed, if you havent noticed. You have thrown your credibility in the trash on many threads, adding censor avoidance just shows that you are cornered.

HunterSLAYER
08-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Few things to say to you... First, Samhayne said himself the bow is OP. Secondly, few threads have been closed over this for "ranting". Ranting is NOT allowed and Delphina and others keep a close watch on the forums, they spot it pretty quick. Lastly, so many more people want this weapon nerfed, if you havent noticed. You have thrown your credibility in the trash on many threads, adding censor avoidance just shows that you are cornered.

Still, by Flaming him you may cause this thread to be Locked.

Don't you think?

Just saying.

:)

Airity
08-25-2012, 01:46 PM
It's impossible to beat someone who's using winterfestival items/pinks before the patch right? I don't see why people didn't complain about that.

Yich
08-25-2012, 01:50 PM
It's impossible to beat someone who's using winterfestival items/pinks before the patch right? I don't see why people didn't complain about that.

Actually the talon did pretty good, imo better than the wf talon... Plus WF items were a lot harder to get. Fragx was easy, imo. At least at lvl 17 he was.

Yich
08-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Still, by Flaming him you may cause this thread to be Locked.

Don't you think?

Just saying.

:)

Call me noob, but I fail to see where my post was a flame. Could you highlight the Hot areas for me so I dont make the mistake again?

Like-A-Boss
08-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Xbow> forgotten bow

You are soooo smart, someone who doesn't troll about FBs...

cookiez
08-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Seriously..

Delphina
08-25-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm going to close this thread for ranting.