PDA

View Full Version : Whoa! Order and Chaos now free to play

vampinoy
08-24-2012, 02:23 AM
...plus, PVP arena, mountable monsters, new gears and dungeons, improved security, etc. Jaw dropping update for sure.

Just one reservation, account security. It's been O&C's weakness for the longest time. If this update proves that O&C now has premium and quality coding security, I think O&C will dominate this industry like how World of Warcraft did during its early days

Been switching between O&C and Pocket Legends for almost 2 years now, equally active. I love Pocket Legends, it will always remain to be the first cross-platform, 3D mobile MMO, but they're just outgunned by Gameloft at the moment. Before, I did not compare O&C and Pocket Legends because I always segregated F2P from P2P, different markets. Now, both are F2P, it seems like Gameloft's O&C wants to take the competition head on.

I will continue to play both games, but STS better step it up with their titles. O&C is making some noise. Very interesting.

What's your thoughts?

Piosidon
08-24-2012, 02:42 AM
Still $6.99 here :/

Skeletonlord
08-24-2012, 02:53 AM
Still $6.99 here :/

Maybe the free to play hasn't hit yet. I would love it to be free to play.

Still £4.99 here.

vampinoy
08-24-2012, 04:10 AM
It's already free-to-play, they removed the monthly subscription, but the initial app purchase of $6.99 remains. This model was made popular by Guild Wars (PC), since then, many mmorpg's followed this model. Well actually, P2P is slowly dying anyway, F2P will eventually be the name of the game for MMO's to remain competitive, as more good games come out, nobody would want to be "tied down" to one game, they want to be able to play as they please, that's what F2P model offers, just matter of time.

Just to add, Gameloft is probably trying to imitate Sony's DC Universe Online (love that game too, still play there from time to time to troll some friends in-game). DC Online was initially subscription baseed, later on became F2P. Transition was successful and they're one of the best F2P PC MMO today. Sony was able to limit their population in DCUO because of their initial P2P model, that alloewed them to tweak bugs and improve with DLC's before finally throwing it out to the world. So by the time it became F2P, it was already riped. Many people thought (including me), that Sony was desperate because only few people were playing, apparently, it was all part of the grand plan and Sony made us eat crow and before we knew it, DCUO became a titan MMO from almost deserted servers. Like tsunami, took a step back, then came back with a bang. I think Gameloft took a page out from Sony's book. In any case, this is going to be very interesting..

Riccits
08-24-2012, 04:12 AM
i could try out the update yesterday a bit. i must say Gameloft did a good job this time!
with free to play they ment its removed the monthly fee. i think its a matter of time until they make the app for free too, and yeah more ppl will play O&C now. theres still the exhaust system but it was never a problem for me, with 2 chars i can fill a whole evening to play. i rarley bought a reset tab.
and the game is kinda "elix-free", so there arent avantages in pve wich u can buy with real money.
u can buy essences to faster craft ur gear, but thats not the point, if ur good u can play with green gear, if u suck, u cant even play with full epic. real play skills are needed, gear is secondary.
since items are bound, also gold is mostly useless. u have to farm certain items urself. also a big + from my side!

they implemented pvp arenas with rewards, so the more u pvp u can gain points wich u can exchange with a pvp set. ppl was waiting very long time for that. have to try it yet, i will prolly pretty suck in pvp XD

also there are finally the mounts! bought a dead dog one, pretty cool, mayb will post a pic later. cost 2000 gold. now iam almost broke XD
thers also a pvp mount wich can be bought with pvp points.
PL should think about such reward systems too

have to try the new dungeon yet wich give the next 2 parts of the t2 set.

still some update bugs, but they solved some heavy bugs from the versions before.

all in all a good game, for those wich likes WoW will like this for sure, since is practically a clone, just way way lesser complicated and no so big.
its hard to compare directly with PL, mechanics are different and it needs more organisation.
community isnt as good as in PL and the global chat sometimes is not really clean ;) also customer support seems not that great, but personally i needed just once for and a GM helped me within a few hours.

watching for further updates, game has lot of potential and can/should have more content

vampinoy
08-24-2012, 05:41 AM
Right. O&C still has certain bugs, but mostly minor ones like that wretched Black Screen of Death. I can't believe they didn't fix the wall hack though. Yeah, the game isn't really focused too much on leveling so it's a waste if you use your runes on XP boosts. It's easy to cap as long as you know your quests. The end game content is rich enough to keep capped players busy. Life in O&C starts at 60 as most people say.

I agree with your observation, the community in PL is somehow more disciplined, casual, and friendly (Imagine that). In O&C, it's more ruthless and unregulated. I think this is because Gameloft is currently focused in fixing their mess after that security havoc back in 2011 that up to this day, they're still in the process of recovering. I can't count how many reports/threads and in-game global rants I see in a week regarding account breaches, Gameloft sort of dug their own grave on that one because of their weak security in the past (hopefully this latest update ends the security issue).

So now their hands are quite full. Though I strongly believe that once all these security issues are addressed, Gameloft will take steps in cleaning up the community. I'm optimistic Gameloft can dig their way up in that hole they fell in and eventually get back on track in dominating the MMO mobile industry as what people expected it to do originally.

The problem with Gameloft's customer support is they friggin use auto-reply bots (or if not, they copy paste their responses) to respond to customer complaints in their forums. It removes personal interaction unlike in STS where the likes of Samhayne personally writes their responses to us. Devs in Gameloft rarely interact with the community, it's usually just a forum mod, not the actual developer. That's what impresses me with STS, they really go down to the grassroots level and interact, it pays off. Though one has to also consider, Gameloft has a lot more games going on for them than STS...waaaay more. I've had issues like items disappearing, or my toon getting stuck in that frigging black screen, but they always get the job done for me...so I guess, I'll give them a passing grade for that.

Pocket Legends, what can I say, the game is awesome, you can tell that they stretched out everything they can given their resources. But sometimes, there's just another company bigger than you with more guns and that's Gameloft. But Pocket Legends is doing an awesome job with what they have. I mean, STS had less than 10 employees in 2009 if I'm not mistaken, Gameloft has literally thousands of employees in more than 20 countries world wide, I mean...the difference is too much, and now these guys got Unreal Engine 3, that's like top notch development engine, how can STS compete with that using their in-house engine? I'm not underestimating Spacetime Engine at all, but this engine is on a different level...to give you an idea, this engine was used by Mass Effect, DC Online (PC game), Batman Arkam Asylum, etc. so you have an idea what this engine is capable of at the right hands, Gameloft is no newbie, so do the math. Even though Unreal Engine is not used in O&C, it says a lot of a company's resources.

I think if you give STS team with resources of Gameloft, they can make a better MMO game than O&C, but reality bites. Anyway, I'm looking forward to O&C updates too, I think they have a lot of thins lined up based on word of mouth in-game. I'm still playing PL, can manage two games, I'm curious how STS will respond to this...that Arcane Legends must be very very good, they can't afford to make a mistake now, O&C is around the corner to catch dissapointed STS players.

PS: I might make a toon in America server. Hope to catch some of you PL legends there.

Phoenixking
08-24-2012, 04:03 PM
...plus, PVP arena, mountable monsters, new gears and dungeons, improved security, etc. Jaw dropping update for sure.

Just one reservation, account security. It's been O&C's weakness for the longest time. If this update proves that O&C now has premium and quality coding security, I think O&C will dominate this industry like how World of Warcraft did during its early days

Been switching between O&C and Pocket Legends for almost 2 years now, equally active. I love Pocket Legends, it will always remain to be the first cross-platform, 3D mobile MMO, but they're just outgunned by Gameloft at the moment. Before, I did not compare O&C and Pocket Legends because I always segregated F2P from P2P, different markets. Now, both are F2P, it seems like Gameloft's O&C wants to take the competition head on.

I will continue to play both games, but STS better step it up with their titles. O&C is making some noise. Very interesting.

What's your thoughts?
I once was doing some quest and heard that the next update (which is this one) was going to be F2P I didn't believe it until it actually did happen. Good thing

Xionskull
08-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Wow! Downloading now! One question, do u have to pay monthly?

KingFu
08-24-2012, 05:11 PM
So? We got to open treasure chests for a week. We win.

Worship
08-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Eh.. its only $7.. If the f2p doesnt come out soon, I guess ill pay ;)

KingFu
08-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Eh.. its only $7.. If the f2p doesnt come out soon, I guess ill pay ;)

Pretty sure it'll always cost the 7 bucks. It used to be $1 for 1 month, 2 dollars for 3, or 3 dollars for 6 (going entirely off memory so could easily be wrong). They removed the monthly payment and made it a one time fee. /Shelby

razerfingers
08-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Sweet. Time to activate my card and buy me a new MMO hehe ;) to keep meh busy lol

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

zappaxe
08-24-2012, 05:38 PM
To tell the truth i wasnt very impressed by O&C.

razerfingers
08-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Wait, which do you play on android or ios? Cause in description on android it still has monthly supscription. And my friend got hacked in the time he was off and lost his lvl 51 he was quite iritated lol

Phoenixking
08-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Wait, which do you play on android or ios? Cause in description on android it still has monthly supscription. And my friend got hacked in the time he was off and lost his lvl 51 he was quite iritated lol

Sent using spray paint from a "can"I heard when you are off for some time and don't pay sub. For some time it'll delete the stuff in your account

All I heard

KingFu
08-24-2012, 06:00 PM
I heard when you are off for some time and don't pay sub. For some time it'll delete the stuff in your account

All I heard

Don't think that's true at all. I stopped playing for a good 3 months and didn't pay any subscription. When I came back all my items and gold were still there.

Phoenixking
08-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Don't think that's true at all. I stopped playing for a good 3 months and didn't pay any subscription. When I came back all my items and gold were still there.
A friend told me he didn't play for 5 months I believe and his account and everything was made to start from scratch

KingFu
08-25-2012, 12:10 AM
A friend told me he didn't play for 5 months I believe and his account and everything was made to start from scratch

Could've gotten hacked.

Slant
08-25-2012, 01:48 AM
it has dropped to $ 0.99 price point 4-5 times since it released, was that much on Aug 12
still decided long ago not to try o&c because of the scary stories ive heard about the support being really bad and you have to make lots of noise on the forums to get them to fix things

Phoenixking
08-25-2012, 10:12 AM
Could've gotten hacked.
He got an email from game loft as well about the account I think

Xionskull
08-30-2012, 06:25 AM
I got it! I love it! Anyone add me I'm pure noob an nothin else ha! Igns- Skirizm, Skizim, ÇhâÇhâWîzzÿ.(love how u can do that lol^^)

Riccits
08-30-2012, 06:39 AM
I got it! I love it! Anyone add me I'm pure noob an nothin else ha! Igns- Skirizm, Skizim, ÇhâÇhâWîzzÿ.(love how u can do that lol^^)

or u love it or u hate it ;) any help u need there?

octavos
08-30-2012, 09:55 AM
hummm, might just give it a shot now. FtP for 3 months then its 2.99 for 6 months.

RedRyder
08-30-2012, 08:19 PM
They removed subscriptions altogether. I hopped on to my old account today but deleted the app a few minutes later to avoid getting into it again lol.

nmyxspaceship
09-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Hehe^

I loved the update but there was a downside. I had just reach master craft and being on the verge of being 3/6 tank but they pretty much revamped crafting to where it's almost an impossible task with out gold. I spent 200g on stacks of silver before the update and now to do that all over again. I just didn't want to do it.

But good sides, I bought Eristar mount and almost have pvp chest. Overall fantastic update.

What do you guys think about a new campaign area?

RedRyder
09-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Is the cap up since 60? I noticed that there was more experience over it on the warrior :p whats the cap now?

Mothwing
09-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Got it today :) I'm excited actually. Something other than PL for a while. Also, check out Junk Jack for you Minecraft lovers.

nmyxspaceship
09-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Cap is still 60. Not sure why it allows to go over. I think it's xp of last quest maybe then it stops.

shadow90
10-07-2012, 04:06 AM

O&C is outdated in Android so you'll have to wait for the update.

BodMaster
10-07-2012, 07:29 AM
No support for Android users at all. Android still had Xmas decorations up in May ;)

When you get a call or tx, the game crashes, and GL haven't done anything to help.

HunterSLAYER
10-07-2012, 11:02 AM
No support for Android users at all. Android still had Xmas decorations up in May ;)

When you get a call or tx, the game crashes, and GL haven't done anything to help.

Too busy developing new games to release new updates for droid. For now, i'll play on my idevice.

BodMaster
10-07-2012, 02:13 PM
I LOVE GL games just not Online ones ;)

razerfingers
10-07-2012, 03:05 PM
I LOVE GL games just not Online ones ;)

Im disappointed that it went on sale for 25 cents a month after i buy it for $7. When google had the small sale thing lol. Also i hate how it crashes everytime i get a text. Also its so far behind compared to ios and the support/forums sucks so bad lol. GL needs to redo their priorities imo

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Mothwing
10-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Controls are a little sqwirly, or it's just my PL style.

BodMaster
10-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Im disappointed that it went on sale for 25 cents a month after i buy it for $7. When google had the small sale thing lol. Also i hate how it crashes everytime i get a text. Also its so far behind compared to ios and the support/forums sucks so bad lol. GL needs to redo their priorities imo

Yup yup.. sucks, guess they don't realise the potential of extra players they would get if they supported it. Half of the Droid devices don't work, so made incompatible even tho they are easily able to handle the game in terms of "RAM" etc.

Have fun following that arrow around? :p

Armed Heroes is alright, but again following that damn arrow xD

bronislav84
10-08-2012, 07:42 AM
I wanna try this game (Bought when GL put on 99 cent sale) but not paying sub. Update needed.

HunterSLAYER
10-08-2012, 08:09 AM
I wanna try this game (Bought when GL put on 99 cent sale) but not paying sub. Update needed.
It's free for the first five months i think. After the free "membership"(for buying the game so its not trial lol) period expires you'll have to start paying for it =.='''

Riccits
10-08-2012, 10:09 AM
the monthly fee was removed, so u can play for free once u bought the app.
the usual in game boughts are:
lvl 60 rune gear => better buy than farm, cost about 11€
essences for trinkets => u have to buy 1 type of wich doesnt drop if u wanna make a epic trinket
all other essences => some may better buy, but u have the choice, u can also farm them

for the rest u dont need to buy anything else. for the rest u can read my post above

Riccits
10-08-2012, 10:10 AM

i needed like 2 weeks to get into that control pad XD but once u figured it u will like it more than the PL one

BodMaster
10-08-2012, 11:04 AM
the monthly fee was removed, so u can play for free once u bought the app.
the usual in game boughts are:
lvl 60 rune gear => better buy than farm, cost about 11€
essences for trinkets => u have to buy 1 type of wich doesnt drop if u wanna make a epic trinket
all other essences => some may better buy, but u have the choice, u can also farm them

for the rest u dont need to buy anything else. for the rest u can read my post above

On about Droid bud.

Riccits
10-10-2012, 03:26 AM
On about Droid bud.

for droid users i suggest to not even try this game

MightyMicah
10-10-2012, 08:17 AM

What's your thoughts?

Actually, I still think Sts will dominate due to their unique game styles. O&C is too much of a small scale WoW. If I'm gonna play a mobile mmorpg I wanna play something unique, not just a lesser version of what I play on the PC. Just my opinion ;)

Riccits
10-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Actually, I still think Sts will dominate due to their unique game styles. O&C is too much of a small scale WoW. If I'm gonna play a mobile mmorpg I wanna play something unique, not just a lesser version of what I play on the PC. Just my opinion ;)

u r right, O&C is a small WoW, many ppl wich doesnt wanna spend too much time for WoW or wanna be free to decide when to play (wich in WoW isnt possible for raids) AND like to play on a mobile device will go for O&C. For the rest i think its just about what kind of game someone is prefering.
PL is very casual playing orientated, enter and play, in O&C u will always need to search for a group to enter a dungeon.
Dungeons are more fun in O&C imo, more skills required and not monoton like in PL.

BodMaster
10-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Never classed any StS game a full fledged MMORPG. MMO at the most.

StompArtist
10-10-2012, 11:35 AM

Agreed. Not RPG.

MightyMicah
10-10-2012, 12:11 PM

Really? Hmm I always thought of it as simply a small-scale one. Even the reviews on the page in the App Store said "it contains all the elements of a full-fledged mmo." I'm paraphrasing but you get the idea.

BodMaster
10-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Really? Hmm I always thought of it as simply a small-scale one. Even the reviews on the page in the App Store said "it contains all the elements of a full-fledged mmo." I'm paraphrasing but you get the idea.

I've played my fair share of RPG's, and the elements/scale of an RPG aren't in any of the titles. (But that is my personal opinion, which others may not agree with)

Hopefully AL, can take it in the right direction, but we will see.

MightyMicah
10-10-2012, 01:10 PM
I've played my fair share of RPG's, and the elements/scale of an RPG aren't in any of the titles. (But that is my personal opinion, which others may not agree with)

Hopefully AL, can take it in the right direction, but we will see.

One of these days...lol

BodMaster
10-10-2012, 01:18 PM
One of these days...lol

Dec 2014 haven't you heard xD

razerfingers
10-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Dec 2014 haven't you heard xD

Haha, with all these teasers dec 2014 seems more like january 2013 ;)

Zaonabiuibil
10-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Haha, with all these teasers dec 2014 seems more like january 2015 ;)

Fixed the date for you, they'll postpone it a month to make it even more awesome! ;)

BodMaster
10-10-2012, 02:48 PM
To clarify, I do not class StS or OnC a full fledged MMORPG :p (Yet to find one at full release)

Bleau
01-02-2013, 11:35 AM
I'm pretty late on this, but as of right now, isn't the monthly subscription free, it's just the initial app price that remains? Or is it still a monthly paid thing..?

Riccits
01-03-2013, 04:30 AM
I'm pretty late on this, but as of right now, isn't the monthly subscription free, it's just the initial app price that remains? Or is it still a monthly paid thing..?

the monthly fee was removed.

Demthres
01-03-2013, 06:37 PM
woooot

Hadesofshadow
01-10-2013, 07:40 AM
games still pretty much p2w at level cap

Riccits
01-16-2013, 05:12 AM
games still pretty much p2w at level cap

depends on how fast u wanna progress with ur char. personally i ve spend some for the rune gear, and some essences that never dropped. but more it isnt really necessary, also the game experience is better if u dont buy much stuff. also reset tabs arent really required if u have 2 chars, all depends on how much u wanna play and how fast u wanna get the best equip.
i played O&C also for months without spending anything, but in PL i spend € every time i log on.