PDA

View Full Version : Complaints not useful!!!

Energizeric
08-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Every time there is a change in PL that people don't like, they complain, and then STS implements an update with changes to address the complaints. And in every case I can think of, there solution makes it even worse. Here's the recent ones:

1) Volcano vanity helm -- people don't like, complain and it is replaced with monarch helm. Now people wish they could get volcano helm back.

2) L70 sets have blue smoke, people complain, now have stars instead and everyone agrees blue smoke was better

3) Forgotten weapons OP -- everyone complains and now still OP but you can't equip them if dual speced.

From now on just accept the updates as they are. Part of playing this game is learning to adapt to changes. If you don't like the smoke on your set, get a different set -- there are certainly many to chose from. If a weapon is OP, then buy the weapon and then be happy about it. If the price of certain items drop because of an update, then welcome to a normal economy. Yes, the stock market plunges sometimes due to various changes as well, and so will the PL economy at times.

cookiez
08-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Thank you^

Lowlyspy
08-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Welcome to most gaming communities ever.

LwMark
08-24-2012, 03:04 PM
From what you posted i figured is this...let STS go with their original ideas.
They create the game and we play the game

Roberto077
08-24-2012, 03:11 PM
The Pocket Legends community is really good compared to other games like Minecraft (worst community of any game in the history of gaming).

Chopper
08-24-2012, 03:18 PM
It's not 100%, to be fair

After Humania launched, you got notifications every time one of your friends logs in. Every single time.
STS removes the friend notifications. Everyone is happy that they are gone. No complaints about that change.

Suentous PO
08-24-2012, 03:25 PM
I might have to go back to giving thanks instead of rep. I tried to rep you but it won't let me, Cuz I already did on some other thread.

MightyMicah
08-24-2012, 03:30 PM
From the wise words of "Totalbiscuit"~ "Then I remembered no one learns anything in an mmo"

Zeus
08-24-2012, 03:31 PM
It's not 100%, to be fair

After Humania launched, you got notifications every time one of your friends logs in. Every single time.
STS removes the friend notifications. Everyone is happy that they are gone. No complaints about that change.

People only remember the bad events, it's just the way the world works. :/

FluffNStuff
08-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Complaints are extremely useful, and they seem to be working very well for the ones complaining.

1) Group A complains about Volconut. It is replaced by Monarch Helm. Group A is happy so they stop complaining, but Group B does not like Monarch Helm, so THEY complain.

2) Group C does not like Smoke. It is replaced by Stars. Group C is happy so they stop complaining, but Group D does not like stars, so THEY complain.

So you see, complaining IS working for the people who complained FIRST, just not for, well, everyone else. So the key is complain loud, complain often, and most importantly, COMPLAIN FIRST!

Justg
08-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Actually Fluff, we'd prefer well constructed, drama-free discussions :D

Chopper
08-24-2012, 04:04 PM

:)

In that case, could you please reconsider not making the Humania Elite Vanity Helmet set with previous Elite Vanity items, such as the Mount Fang Armour. STS loses absolutely nothing in this process and a lot of paying customers feel cheated and misled about what happen. I believe it would go a long way to restoring faith in the direction of the game to do this and now that everyone knows, you can simply not apply it to future Elite items if you choose. The point was that people were under the belief based on 100% application of past Elites that there would be a set bonus and STS did not mention one thing otherwise during the material time when the MFA was being promoted heavily, leading to the feelings of being misled.

It's a win-win for STS to alleviate a lot of the ill will created and reward a lot of its most loyal customers who have actually paid money into the game to get the MFA Elite. Thank you.

Energizeric
08-24-2012, 04:27 PM
When I mentioned my list of examples, I was not talking about software based issues like the friend notification. Items like that can be changed and fixed at any time and it does not affect the continuity of the game. But when things like item stats, drop rates or other such things are changed, it has major effects on things like pvp, the PL economy, etc.

Imagine the dual spec bear who spent the last week selling all of his items in his inventory so he can afford to buy a Forgotten Bow, and he finally buys it, and a few hours later he cannot even use it unless he respecs, and if he respecs he cannot wear the armor and helm he currently has. It's sad to say, but once items, dungeons, or other things are added to the game, they should just be kept as is unless there is some kind of software issue that is causing problems. Things like stats, item rarity, or boss difficulty should not be messed with in my opinion because it has too many adverse effects on the continuity of the game.

Dynastu
08-24-2012, 04:32 PM
:)

In that case, could you please reconsider not making the Humania Elite Vanity Helmet set with previous Elite Vanity items, such as the Mount Fang Armour. STS loses absolutely nothing in this process and a lot of paying customers feel cheated and misled about what happen. I believe it would go a long way to restoring faith in the direction of the game to do this and now that everyone knows, you can simply not apply it to future Elite items if you choose. The point was that people were under the belief based on 100% application of past Elites that there would be a set bonus and STS did not mention one thing otherwise during the material time when the MFA was being promoted heavily, leading to the feelings of being misled.

It's a win-win for STS to alleviate a lot of the ill will created and reward a lot of its most loyal customers who have actually paid money into the game to get the MFA Elite. Thank you.

Why doesn't STS just continue making new vanity sets..? The complaints all bubbled up once they announced there wouldn't be new ones, and therefore would never be something to challenge the (yes, small, but significant) advantage of having the old elite vanity set. There are already vanity's with stats, and since Techno announced that these items always will, why are you suddenly stopping the production line? You're not getting rid of the vanity stats, but even Techno is opposed to the idea of vanity stats. I think you should just continue making elite vanity sets, or abolish all vanity stats entirely. Including... The elite vanity set.

Anyway, back on topic:
I agree. Complaints are not useful at all.

(Goodness I love hypocrisy ;))

trunzoc
08-24-2012, 04:40 PM

I kind of agree with what Fluff said there. It's true. Far more people will complain about something they feel is wrong than people will compliment what they feel is right.

Because of this STS reacts to the ppl complaining to make them happy, and usually piss off far more people with the change. What Fluff said is exactly true.

In this most recent bout of drama, it's not even how I feel about using a forgotten weapon. It's the fact that the "stat Increase" still allows full-specced birds to keep the new insane power when everyone else suffers for it.

A dexbird vs a warbird was really one of the most balance "1v1" at endgame PvP. now that's over. Should have made the armor they gave rediculously low to match the rediculously high damage, not just made it so the people who would actually use it will still be able to use it just fine.

Ithrive
08-24-2012, 04:44 PM
So true energizeric (i liked volcano, blue smoke, and Forgotten with low stats)

Fusionstrike
08-24-2012, 04:52 PM
[A bunch of example of things getting worse in his opinion]

So what you're saying is that STS is so inept at modifying PL that we should all just be as quiet as possible and hope they don't notice the game is still here lest they decide to change something, because it always ends in disaster. That's an interesting strategy, I'll give you that.

"Everybody freeze....their vision is based on motion! Maybe they won't notice us!"

Hadesofshadow
08-24-2012, 06:03 PM
they did pvp rebalance by themselves

and 90% of the community loved it

Energizeric
08-24-2012, 07:30 PM
So what you're saying is that STS is so inept at modifying PL that we should all just be as quiet as possible and hope they don't notice the game is still here lest they decide to change something, because it always ends in disaster. That's an interesting strategy, I'll give you that.

"Everybody freeze....their vision is based on motion! Maybe they won't notice us!"

No, what I'm saying is that every time they modify something it causes adverse effects, and while some people are affected in a good way, others are affected in a negative way.

Some of these "modifications" are part of the normal growing of the game. For example, adding the Humania expansion may have caused crafted orlok items to drop in value, but it was part of the normal growing of the game and was therefore a good thing. But if STS had instead not grown the game but just decided to suddenly make orlok items drop as often as AO pinks, then that would have been a bad thing. Obviously people who could not afford orlok items would have loved such a change. But others who had spent lots of money on the sets would have been upset.

So my opinion is this: Don't make a change unless it is necessary, because every time you alter something, there are going to be negative effects on some of the players.

Yich
08-24-2012, 07:42 PM
No, what I'm saying is that every time they modify something it causes adverse effects, and while some people are affected in a good way, others are affected in a negative way.

Some of these "modifications" are part of the normal growing of the game. For example, adding the Humania expansion may have caused crafted orlok items to drop in value, but it was part of the normal growing of the game and was therefore a good thing. But if STS had instead not grown the game but just decided to suddenly make orlok items drop as often as AO pinks, then that would have been a bad thing. Obviously people who could not afford orlok items would have loved such a change. But others who had spent lots of money on the sets would have been upset.

So my opinion is this: Don't make a change unless it is necessary, because every time you alter something, there are going to be negative effects on some of the players.

Building off of this, I suggest STS talk to their PvP regulars at low level and see what they think about the bows. Sure, they could ask new players what they think about getting a random super weapon very easily, but noobies come and go. Why not get feedback in game from people who actually deal with these new weapons?

Jcyee
08-24-2012, 08:10 PM
I like what u have to say. Lol xD

DataPunk
08-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Building off of this, I suggest STS talk to their PvP regulars at low level and see what they think about the bows. Sure, they could ask new players what they think about getting a random super weapon very easily, but noobies come and go. Why not get feedback in game from people who actually deal with these new weapons?

Tbh i dont think they care that much about low lvl pvp, low lvl pvpers dont buy elixers.

Dont get mad please, just imo.

gundamsone
08-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Tbh i dont think they care that much about low lvl pvp, low lvl pvpers dont buy elixers.

And you know this b/c? As a matter of fact we far more decorate ourselves in plat vanities than those in the 20s-40s pvping.

Come down and count how many kitty cat helms there are.

And this thread is pointless. You can't compare apples with oranges. Volcano vanity and set sparkles is only visual nothing game changing.

Yich
08-24-2012, 11:33 PM

Dont get mad please, just imo.

This is pretty accurate, kind of. If they dont care, why dont they just leave it alone and keep their updates to endgame? If i wanted 150+ dps id go to a higher level.

WhoIsThis
08-25-2012, 12:41 AM
If a weapon is OP, then buy the weapon and then be happy about it.

One rather big flaw.

If a weapon is OP to the point where it breaks the game, owning the weapon will probably negate the advantage any opponent similarly equipped has over you.

What about the fact though that the game has evolved from whomever is the most skilled to whoever possess the OP weapon? It's a fundamental change that you cannot simply "adapt" to. I would like to know though, how much experience you have in PvP.

That's why complaints and feedback ARE useful.

vampinoy
08-25-2012, 12:50 AM
How about the good stuff? Some top of mind Humania patches that were born out of community complaints...

1. Elite Items/Dungeon
Prior to this content, there were heated discussions as to why most pinks are not living up to its description "Legendary". There were many suggestions going around that there should be a tier higher than pink that will become the true "Legendary" items :P STS listened. Moving forward to future campaigns, we can expect more "Elite" items maybe expand to armor, helm, and shield too. Who knows what they can come up with in the future, maybe an elite Item that looks like Sephiroth's Sword that has 15m range...whoa! But don't forget that this was a content that was born out of complaint.

2. Quested OBD's
OBD's were initially priced very high. Many players were screaming for this, and they got it. I don't know anyone who disliked this unless you're one of those who hoarded OBD's during first few days of Humania's crafting patch. Majority of the players won.

3. New item set mechanic
It was mostly player pulse against linearity of content that led to the new mechanic in item sets, Techno Email was actually asking us on this issue prior to Humania. People wanted every (or most) pinks to matter, so STS made sure those pinks belong to either an offensive or defensive set. People wanted something new and were bored. This is a "new" mechanic, expect more dynamic in future campaigns, I'm sure it will evolve into something more revolutionary, nevertheless, it all started from players' complaints.

You should present the entire picture comrade. There's always a good in the bad :P Complaints should be encouraged, while unnecessary commentaries and drama should be moderated.

xcainnblecterx
08-25-2012, 04:17 AM
ummm i had just said in a thread that those who complain get there way while us who accept the update and adapt to it asked who "us" is well this is us. To be honest redoing the forgotten weps on last update (yesterday) is the first time ive complained yet im adapting.Thank you for pointing out who us is

Rot
08-25-2012, 04:57 AM
Exactly. People complain a lot but if they were to take STS' place to develop the game, pfftt, you can imagine it, can't you?

xcainnblecterx
08-25-2012, 05:04 AM
be like "ahhhhhh my god let's fix it and shut them up aleady" lol.

Yich
08-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Personally, I dont need new content. When PvP runs fine and balanced, Im fine. If players want new content, they generally go to a higher level. If you think that 151 damage at low level is a good update, fine, but where can they go from there? Give us 60+ dodge like high levels? Good new content for low level isnt just creating new weapons. Its making weapons while maintaining the delicate balance that is (was)...

tHelonestud
08-25-2012, 01:35 PM
actually im fine with all but the set bonus
the bow was really needed for pure dex birds, as they were very weak in pvp and the high dex req actually give them a chance
the humania helm although not up to par with the CoP greatly outshines the volcano turd mound

Worship
08-25-2012, 01:42 PM
I can't adapt to these changes since I already love every update!

Yich
08-25-2012, 01:46 PM
actually im fine with all but the set bonus
the bow was really needed for pure dex birds, as they were very weak in pvp and the high dex req actually give them a chance
the humania helm although not up to par with the CoP greatly outshines the volcano turd mound

When lesser skilled and geared players "have a chance" against skilled and geared players of a different class, something is wrong. Im not saying you arent skilled, but you really dont have to be to do good. Imagine someone with good gear and skill on a bird. They dont "have a chance", they destroy any other class.