PDA

View Full Version : Not a spam thread

Yich
08-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Im yet to make a thread over forgotten weapons and I am not going to argue about whether they are OP or not. What I made this thread for was to inform people of a solution and ask anyone who knows the answer a question. First I'd like to say that Sam said the bows are still pretty OP. My question is, is anyone doing anything about it? I havent heard anything other than that and seeing that they sorta fixed it for high level. Pure spec is common in low level anyway so this high damage is still pretty OP. The kind of solution I've seen (not made) is all PvPers rushing anyone with forgotten bow or simply refusing to 1v1 it. If you use the forgotten weapons a lot, look out.
Id also like to point out that people seem to think low level generally has younger players than endgame. I dont disagree, but that being said, I think that forum users are generally more mature. I think if STS wants to get any kind of estimate of how these nows are being accepted in low level PvP, they should go there. Then again, low level pays the lowest amount of platinum of all, so why would they. Just my thoughts.

I really just want a word from devs on future plans for forgotten weaps, if there are any.

Entertaining
08-24-2012, 04:16 PM
I have better idea...wear the bow...rush everyone that doesn't have the bow...and tell them you'll stop rushing if they put the bow on.

Yich
08-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Troll^

Suentous PO
08-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Ugh.
Is anyone going to do anything about it?- yes some cry, some just use the bow.
Rush all forgotten users? Uh ok, if u wanna.
What solution were you talkin about?
They already changed them once and I had to pay plat to respec my twinks.
No moar plox,
There is no solution because there is no problem.

Entertaining
08-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Ugh.
Is anyone going to do anything about it?- yes some cry, some just use the bow.
Rush all forgotten users? Uh ok, if u wanna.
What solution were you talkin about?
They already changed them once and I had to pay plat to respec my twinks.
No moar plox,
There is no solution because there is no problem.

There is a problem when a wep can 2-hit people....

Nihiliste
08-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Game.

Yich
08-24-2012, 04:54 PM
There are enough threads discussing whether or not they should be nerfed and even solutions. I just want to know if anyone has confirmed that they will or will not be nerfed. Like it or not, this is kind of a big deal in PL to a lot of people. As far as "just use them" goes, anyone who wants them nerfed doesnt think this is a viable solution. Its not that I am any worse as far as 1v1 goes, its that PvP is less fun for me and enough others for it to matter.

gundamsone
08-24-2012, 05:07 PM
All I see are higher levels complaining that they can't duel spec anymore...so what?

At least your 70 sets are still a viable alternative and don't do 200%+ more damage.

I havn't pvped for days so I joined a game today and 2 randomers rush me....b/c of what?it's b/c you STS failed to properly give these bows the stats they should have. Instead you just let random l10s rage and do 200 crits running around roflstomping with 5k bows thinking they can rush everyone.

GOOD JOB STS YOU JUST LOST YOURSELF A CUSTOMER. I played to PVP and I doubt I will play much anymore b/c of your stupidity.

Lol @ higher requirements change....too bad you don't know that 99% of twinks from 10-20 are pure dex builds.

gundamsone
08-24-2012, 05:11 PM
And to all you high levels out there that hate me and think im some selfish greedy self - absorbed qqing forum trolll...NO IM NOT.

I don't get owned by noobs with bows. I still own them but I find it just stupid when fights last 2 seconds now.

I bet I can teach my dog to pvp now seeing how easy it is to kill people.

Noodleleg
08-24-2012, 05:12 PM
And to all you high levels out there that hate me and think im some selfish greedy self - absorbed qqing forum trolll...NO IM NOT.

I don't get owned by noobs with bows. I still own them but I find it just stupid when fights last 2 seconds now.

I bet I can teach my dog to pvp now seeing how easy it is to kill people.

I completely agree with you...

Edit:
To the two posts...

gundamsone
08-24-2012, 05:15 PM
but yichhhh im not evil like you.

i dont rush people >.<

KingFu
08-24-2012, 05:16 PM
All I see are higher levels complaining that they can't duel spec anymore...so what?

At least your 70 sets are still a viable alternative and don't do 200%+ more damage.

I havn't pvped for days so I joined a game today and 2 randomers rush me....b/c of what?it's b/c you STS failed to properly give these bows the stats they should have. Instead you just let random l10s rage and do 200 crits running around roflstomping with 5k bows thinking they can rush everyone.

GOOD JOB STS YOU JUST LOST YOURSELF A CUSTOMER. I played to PVP and I doubt I will play much anymore b/c of your stupidity.

Lol @ higher requirements change....too bad you don't know that 99% of twinks from 10-20 are pure dex builds.

Harsh wording, but I agree with what you're saying. The higher requirements didn't prevent birds from using the bows, just hybrids. A 45 bird with forgotten bow can still beat 51 birds with full sewer gear. Heck, I can still use forgotten bow with 53 royal gear on my 56 bird. The update only made me lose 4(?) armor. /Shelby

Yich
08-24-2012, 05:49 PM
but yichhhh im not evil like you.

i dont rush people >.<

Im just as guilty for angrily written posts because this kind of update DOES provoke people. This is just a "life isnt fair" situation. I just want confirmation either way on future plans for forgotten weapons.

Hadesofshadow
08-24-2012, 05:58 PM
wait till they rush someone good and come make another rant zzz

Suentous PO
08-24-2012, 06:02 PM

I still don't see that as a prob. The game has changed slightly, adapt.
It will change again in the future. Adapt.

saool
08-24-2012, 06:16 PM

Well said.

Yich
08-24-2012, 07:37 PM

Im still not seeing how multiplying my dps by 3 is a slight change. This really isnt a thread to discuss whether this is a good or bad update.

Entertaining
08-24-2012, 10:34 PM

Did you honestly just say the game has changed slightly? Like seriously. lol...have you even seen these bows?

Rot
08-24-2012, 10:39 PM
I actually wouldn't mind if they nerf it or not. I still like the looks of the weapons. Too bad the vanity shield isn't showing now. D:

Hadesofshadow
08-24-2012, 10:41 PM
close thread for ranting plox

HunterSLAYER
08-24-2012, 10:56 PM
^^What he said.

Sent from my Xperia S using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Yich
08-24-2012, 11:29 PM
close thread for ranting plox

This is a waste of a post. Its like messaging someone "reported" after you report them, only this thread isnt even a rant. Go troll else where. All I want is confirmation on whether these bows will be toned down because even a dev said they are OP.

Rot
08-25-2012, 07:04 AM
Be patient. STS needs time. D:
Also I heard that AL's coming out pretty soon, and I strongly believe that STS is working hard on it.

Subscriber
08-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Oh yeah just adapt.
Yeah sounds like a superb idea, why don't we all just adapt!

-Those of you saying that, do you PvP often?

Yich
08-25-2012, 01:17 PM
I feel like those who want the bows stats to not change at all havent even seen the stats from 10-17. It my only be a bit higher damage at high level, but the damage difference is huge at low level, not exaggerating. Even if STS is busy, they have time to lock threads about it, but they cant address the issue? A simple "we have plans to tone down the stats on the forgotten weapons" or "we have no intentions to lower the forgotten weapons stats" would be nice. All the discussion about it proves that its a kind of a big deal.

cookiez
08-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Seriously...

Cahaun
08-25-2012, 04:26 PM
I feel like those who want the bows stats to not change at all havent even seen the stats from 10-17. It my only be a bit higher damage at high level, but the damage difference is huge at low level, not exaggerating. Even if STS is busy, they have time to lock threads about it, but they cant address the issue? A simple "we have plans to tone down the stats on the forgotten weapons" or "we have no intentions to lower the forgotten weapons stats" would be nice. All the discussion about it proves that its a kind of a big deal.
Luckily for you I'm the exception to this assumption :)
I've seen the stats of all the weapons of the low level variants and I do say the base damage of the bow needs to be a tad smaller than the staff. Here's my view on how much base damage a type should have based on it's speed also.

Low Damage --> High Damage
Forgotten Bows -> Forgotten Staffs -> Forgotten Longswords

If they can at least make it like that, I'll be satisfied.

Suentous PO
08-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Eh,
Slight as in the majority don't pvp, and and a percentage of them do at those levels. Not a majority of the game is raging.
Everyone who hates them could also friend each other and lock games without those bows. I'm not gonna argue opinions. Yes I pvp with these bows, I like them. My damage didnt double much less triple. This was like the third thread or so saying the same thing (nerf) so I was speaking about rolling with the punches because I see that as a virtue. People get too worked up.
Cheers

Bous
08-25-2012, 08:55 PM
I think this is how it is. Most endgame pvpers or pvpers over the lvl 25 just don't care about 10-17 or didn't play it enough to see the difference from how it was before the forgotten items and how it is after so they just say adapt. Huge diff here pink l15 sbl that has 30-40 damage(max damage for any item10-15 before treasure event) vs a forgotten bow that's 100-150+ damage. So let's say that a lvl 70 xbow has 300 damage x3 = 900 damage... I don't think endgame would be any fun either. I think that anyone who has enough experience at low PvP would want these bows lowered in damage. I think any twink from 10-17 that's got 2k kills+ in pvp should be able to vote on weather they should get Nerfed or not.

Bous
08-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Pro math up there. Teehee

Zaonabiuibil
08-25-2012, 09:05 PM

Quit all you want. STS won't change because of one person rage-quitting. It's only bad for you, you don't get to play an epic game. So... Have fun.

Rot
08-25-2012, 10:09 PM
There's a simple and easy solution. Take a break from PvP, do other stuff like leveling your main, merching, hanging out. PL isn't all about PvP. Also I'm well aware of how OP the bows are in l10-17s. I believe that they WILL fix this as soon as possible. Don't blame them for that, be grateful what a fantastic event they made, just think of how much effort they've spent into it. They need a break too.

Yich
08-25-2012, 10:18 PM
There's a simple and easy solution. Take a break from PvP, do other stuff like leveling your main, merching, hanging out. PL isn't all about PvP. Also I'm well aware of how OP the bows are in l10-17s. I believe that they WILL fix this as soon as possible. Don't blame them for that, be grateful what a fantastic event they made, just think of how much effort they've spent into it. They need a break too.

I agree they deserve a break but a simple confirmation on something this big couldnt take long and would keep us all out of the dark on the matter..

Mothwing
08-25-2012, 10:52 PM
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh579/Mawthy/D64AA1C8-798F-4D35-B007-7A3F88D9679A-2071-000001377AB37CA2.jpg

BEARNASTY
08-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Well I pvp in all lvls.. my main twink was a 15 bear named deeeeznutz. He ain't anymore.. due to the forgotten weapons. Honestly those bows are stupidly over powered, u can wear trash item gear with a bow and still 2 shot someone.. I left that area to 26.. there its not as bad but birds run it with the bow. Also at 71 pvp its about the same as lvl 1-17. But honestly yeah I will either do 2 things adapt to a area that's not broken or quit. I'm already logging on this game less due to this and the economy of pl is bad. I do all aspects of this game end game to low.. pve to pvp.. and I'm starting to log on less due to the weapons.. yes I'm one person and so what if I quit. And yes I'm trying to adapt.. but like every game after u pass it all and u done it so many times it becomes dusty and u basically grow out of it .. my experience in mmo gaming there is always a never ending to it, that's why u want to play all day like a crack head.. but this game WAS like that til now... everyone has crafted sets, elite weapons, and forgotten bows... what else to do but chat with friends... sorry if u take it as if im crying or raging cause I'm not.. I'm actually bored and pl is not entertaining right now. Maybe that's why I'm in here lol ....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

tHelonestud
08-25-2012, 11:09 PM
not a spam post

tHelonestud
08-25-2012, 11:10 PM
not a spam post.

Yich
08-25-2012, 11:19 PM
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh579/Mawthy/D64AA1C8-798F-4D35-B007-7A3F88D9679A-2071-000001377AB37CA2.jpg

This makes me hope they make an item do 3x the previous best item in damage at your level. How easy it must be to tell someone to get over a problem you dont have.

tHelonestud
08-25-2012, 11:25 PM
This makes me hope they make an item do 3x the previous best item in damage at your level. How easy it must be to tell someone to get over a problem you dont have.
considering those other items are discontinued i dont see how it relates at all

Mothwing
08-25-2012, 11:27 PM

It was never a problem in the first place bud :) Let's say we all used these weapons. Would you still be complaining? Why revert a problem, when it can eventually fix itself if you let it play through?

Yich
08-26-2012, 12:03 AM
It was never a problem in the first place bud :) Let's say we all used these weapons. Would you still be complaining? Why revert a problem, when it can eventually fix itself if you let it play through?

As if everyone using the same weapon is a solution. I really didnt want to discuss this here but if you want to flame me over it, fine. Maybe you didnt realize, individuality is important to some. The diversity that existed before was great. Nuke mages, support mages, birds and dex bears each with their own skill set and advantages. Not only the balance of all classes but the weapon balance as well. Before, most used a talon. It wasnt "op" but it was cheap, consistent and left the fight up to timing your skills just right to win. You could also use an xbow and just kite. This was frowned upon quite a bit. Next we had the snowball launcher that pretty much had to freeze and combo or you would lose. This was a bit of luck but it worked. Then we have the toy man wand. This had high damage but was slower, so quick nukes and separating worked pretty well with it. The stormstrike wand worked pretty well with support mages (which are virtually obsolete now because people die too fast to heal) because it had good mana regen and stuff. Heck, you could use a mint berry staff in ffa to use its unique Area of Effect proc that isnt seen much at low level. The pink forest recon bow had pretty good stats too. Now what do we have? 1 single weapon that you have to use (and for any wise guys out there who want to point out the xbow, anyone with a brain knows to hide behind something when being kited with an xbow, make them come to you) to win. So moving fron a dozen+ weapons having potential to "use this one or lose" is considered evolving? Is this the direction anyone really wants? Or is everyone just greedy and they dont want their precious bows to be equal with all the other items? Im rich if they dont nerf these weapons, but Id rather low level pvp be fun than me be rich.

Mothwing
08-26-2012, 12:38 AM
As if everyone using the same weapon is a solution. I really didnt want to discuss this here but if you want to flame me over it, fine. Maybe you didnt realize, individuality is important to some. The diversity that existed before was great. Nuke mages, support mages, birds and dex bears each with their own skill set and advantages. Not only the balance of all classes but the weapon balance as well. Before, most used a talon. It wasnt "op" but it was cheap, consistent and left the fight up to timing your skills just right to win. You could also use an xbow and just kite. This was frowned upon quite a bit. Next we had the snowball launcher that pretty much had to freeze and combo or you would lose. This was a bit of luck but it worked. Then we have the toy man wand. This had high damage but was slower, so quick nukes and separating worked pretty well with it. The stormstrike wand worked pretty well with support mages (which are virtually obsolete now because people die too fast to heal) because it had good mana regen and stuff. Heck, you could use a mint berry staff in ffa to use its unique Area of Effect proc that isnt seen much at low level. The pink forest recon bow had pretty good stats too. Now what do we have? 1 single weapon that you have to use (and for any wise guys out there who want to point out the xbow, anyone with a brain knows to hide behind something when being kited with an xbow, make them come to you) to win. So moving fron a dozen+ weapons having potential to "use this one or lose" is considered evolving? Is this the direction anyone really wants? Or is everyone just greedy and they dont want their precious bows to be equal with all the other items? Im rich if they dont nerf these weapons, but Id rather low level pvp be fun than me be rich.

First of all, I'm not flaming bud. Secondly, im amazed at how many different excuses you have to get yourself out of situations. We were talking about forgotten weapons, and now somehow, were talking about individuality. Lol.

I don't know if you missed my "Let's say" statement in my post, but just in-case you did, it means "for instance" or "for example".

Hadesofshadow
08-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Seriously...

why the heck did you copy my meme

Thelastblink
08-26-2012, 02:26 AM
These forgotten bows have caused so much flaming:( Lets get ONE THING STRAIGHT. The forgotten items have ruined pvp gameplay drastically... and MANY MORE aspects of the game.

nomad187
08-26-2012, 07:32 AM
Personally, I wish the pvpers would get over themselves. These ignorant threads overwhelm the message board everyone a new set our items comes out.

This game isn't all about pvp. Ever think STS put out the weapons for the pve people? Who wouldn't want a weapon that helps kills the mobs easier. Here's an idea... Host your game, then boot the people who has the gear you don't approve of.

gundamsone
08-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Personally, I wish the pvpers would get over themselves. These ignorant threads overwhelm the message board everyone a new set our items comes out.

This game isn't all about pvp. Ever think STS put out the weapons for the pve people? Who wouldn't want a weapon that helps kills the mobs easier. Here's an idea... Host your game, then boot the people who has the gear you don't approve of.

But OP weapons contradicts the necessity for thrashers (which sts seems to heavily advertise and promote) under certain situations...

Take for example certain Sand Stone Cave bosses. Farmers @ 21 used to leech off higher levels to get the drops or thrash (which i've seen alot) but now with these bows non of that is needed now.

nomad187
08-26-2012, 02:38 PM
But OP weapons contradicts the necessity for thrashers (which sts seems to heavily advertise and promote) under certain situations...

Take for example certain Sand Stone Cave bosses. Farmers @ 21 used to leech off higher levels to get the drops or thrash (which i've seen alot) but now with these bows non of that is needed now.

Low levels leeching off higher levels didn't need elixers. And these weapons wouldn't slow down elixers. People want the speed and power.

Thelastblink
08-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Low levels leeching off higher levels didn't need elixers. And these weapons wouldn't slow down elixers. People want the speed and power.

Boot people with items you dont approve of? You mean to boot every single PVP player that comes in? Idk if you pvp but if you try it all you will see are staffs/bows... Ik, its dull and boring! Why can't the items nerfed!? These items really need to be nerfed A LOT and I think they should be for PVE use only.... But for pvp I suggest they be kinda useless.... So bad stats for pvp and good stats for PVE?
But still..... more people do PVE so they will still be in high demand... making other prices fall in prices :(

gundamsone
08-27-2012, 05:29 PM

Why would they need to spend plat for more damage when they can already breeze through pve maps? No one's that rich irl to blow through plat w/o reason.

If a hand gun gets the job done then you don't need a machine gun do you?

Boot people with items you dont approve of? You mean to boot every single PVP player that comes in? Idk if you pvp but if you try it all you will see are staffs/bows... Ik, its dull and boring! Why can't the items nerfed!? These items really need to be nerfed A LOT and I think they should be for PVE use only.... But for pvp I suggest they be kinda useless.... So bad stats for pvp and good stats for PVE?
But still..... more people do PVE so they will still be in high demand... making other prices fall in prices :(

I don't think STS gives a rats bum what gold prices are in game. They're here to sell you plat to make your gaming experience more enjoyable but with these bows or with even more powerful weps in the future, we don't need these plat elixirs anymore to pwn every pve map.