PDA

View Full Version : Guaranteed loot for elite golden chests

intruders
01-09-2023, 11:52 PM
Idea: add guaranteed loot (arcane/mythic/set) to golden elite chests (pirate, warchest, puzzlebox, heretic, cryo, etc) similarly to locked crates.

Also please allow us to craft golden heretic chests from bronze/silver ones.

Thanks!

Oakmaiden
01-11-2023, 07:39 AM
The chest is free to farm, free to open. So a no from me.

intruders
01-11-2023, 08:34 AM
The chest is free to farm, free to open. So a no from me.
Thanks for your opinion but have you actually tried to farm them and open?

I farmed and opened over 1,500 elite golden pirate chests just to get wrong class mythic helm once.

@cinco @asommers any chance for this change?

Titanium
01-11-2023, 09:56 AM
+1

I like the idea. Good for hc especially.

Dozers
01-11-2023, 06:20 PM
-1 It should still be based on rng, and not have guaranteed loot. The labyrinth event already slashed down the prices of the low-level arcs, we don't need guaranteed loot drops from the elite golden zone chests to decimate it any further. Besides, for this idea to even be balanced at all, the price you'd pay to open that fixed amount of chests would still equate to the most expensive item you could loot from it, which would defeat the purpose entirely. Besides, some players have already gotten arcs from these chests by opening like 5 or so while others have opened thousands at the same time only to loot mythic gear at best, plus these chests are free to open, if ever you forgot, unlike crates. So yeah, for the sake of the game, no.

intruders
01-11-2023, 06:36 PM
If old arcanes is the only concern it is fine to exclude them from guaranteed loot so that hoarders don't get pissed off :)

Dozers
01-11-2023, 06:42 PM
If old arcanes is the only concern it is fine to exclude them from guaranteed loot so that hoarders don't get pissed off :)

At this point, it isn't even a hoarder's concern. If you've noticed before the labyrinth event was introduced, only a select few sported the maul, kershal, and bb hooks and it gave these players incentives to do so as they were simply rare enough to be worn by those who can afford them, just like lb sets. Players like these don't hoard these old weapons turned into vanities, but merely have them as "flex" material. After the labyrinth event, tons of players in towns (go to exped for example) already have these rarer vanities, which just defeats the very purpose of why players would want to have these stuff - to be one of only a few.

intruders
01-11-2023, 07:14 PM
Long before labyrinth I bought kershal vanity for 150m. Now it costs 100m. Not even close to what happened to GL sets

Anyway, like I said arcanes can be excluded from guaranteed loot as it seems to be very sensitive subject for many players.

Immortal_Blood
01-12-2023, 02:57 AM
interesting post, interesting replies.. ha.

Ill just hang ouit in mid and say something should happen to those chests.

Hexame
01-12-2023, 04:42 AM
Big -1

There are even Hardcore Players that have finished this Set and worked hard enough to get the set done. This wouldn't be fair to the ones that worked hard for them.

If you haven't looted the set or a arcane rarity yet then you probably should try much harder because that set is a 400 aps point ap which is a lot and that's why it's so rare to attain.

So -1. You really need to work harder just like how some Hardcores have instead of coming on to forums making a post to make this easier

while others worked way harder. Learn to break your limits instead of coming on forums and asking for something to get done the "easy way".

intruders
01-12-2023, 12:29 PM
I am not aware of any hardcore completing restored armor APs. I heard only rumors but no facts yet.

I know you got armor so did many hardcores including myself. Your screenshots can't be a good proof because there are vanity version of those and many hardcores got them.

Try better next time when you want to impress how op your hardcore is.

kulldeepboro
01-12-2023, 12:41 PM
-1 It should still be based on rng, and not have guaranteed loot. The labyrinth event already slashed down the prices of the low-level arcs, we don't need guaranteed loot drops from the elite golden zone chests to decimate it any further. Besides, for this idea to even be balanced at all, the price you'd pay to open that fixed amount of chests would still equate to the most expensive item you could loot from it, which would defeat the purpose entirely. Besides, some players have already gotten arcs from these chests by opening like 5 or so while others have opened thousands at the same time only to loot mythic gear at best, plus these chests are free to open, if ever you forgot, unlike crates. So yeah, for the sake of the game, no.sorry to say but only fool will believe this game runs on rng .

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Hexame
01-12-2023, 01:13 PM
I am not aware of any hardcore completing restored armor APs. I heard only rumors but no facts yet.

I know you got armor so did many hardcores including myself. Your screenshots can't be a good proof because there are vanity version of those and many hardcores got them.

Try better next time when you want to impress how op your hardcore is.

-1 I have had two Uller Armors on my Hardcore. Not just one. This is letting you know that it's possible.

-1 They made crafting silver/bronze into Gold for you to have higher chances to attain these items not too long ago.

Try harder to actually get the set instead of coming on forums and complaining when they already made this possible by crafting silver and bronze ones into gold giving you a higher chance to attain these.

They already made crafting silver and bronze ones into gold giving you more chance to attain these items. There isn't a actual need for your forum post you have made here.

This isn't a reply post to show how impressive Hardcores is to you as there is no need to show you anything at all.

This isn't a show off at all. It's Hardcore Mode. It's meant to be "Hard" and 400 aps is a lot and not meant for something that is suppose to be " made easier".

If your thinking that this whole response I made to your forum post is a attempt to show off in your head, It isn't. Although I can for example given.

You made false accusations thinking that the people that worked hard for their ap before didn't and thought they used bugs and that went wrong and you had to apologize after realizing.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?620294-Shoggoth-glitch&p=3759150#post3759150

I can remind you the full scenario here once Caption sent you the AP after the Shogoth Bug was removed or I can remind you when you needed Pantless Hydra AP and came to me asking and didn't want to buy it from Caption.

Learn to do things the hard way instead of asking for things the easy way just like a few Hardcores that didn't need to use a group or three or four for certain aps. There are a players that prefer things the harder way than

those players making useless threads like this and wanting things done the "easy way" it seems to be very sensitive subject for many players and there isn't any need to be that sensitive

when this response wasn't a show-off response at all regarding this forum post you have made here.

-1 They made crafting silver/bronze into Gold for you to have higher chances to attain not too long ago.

intruders
01-12-2023, 02:49 PM
Lol Hex I didn't even ask you for naked hydra. You offered it to me (back then you also carried many others for free to your credit) and I accepted which I deeply regret now because later I learned what kind of a person you are.
Now you bring this up as well as unearthing that old orrick drama to show how bad I am and how good you are. Fine enjoy it, I am not going to comment on this bs anymore.

Seeing is believing. So far I haven't seen upgraded mythic set in hardcore.

Hexame
01-12-2023, 02:56 PM
Lol Hex I didn't even ask you for naked hydra. You offered it to me (back then you also carried many others for free to your credit) and I accepted which I deeply regret now because later I learned what kind of a person you are.
Now you bring this up as well as unearthing that old orrick drama to show how bad I am and how good you are. Fine enjoy it, I am not going to comment on this bs anymore.

Seeing is believing. So far I haven't seen upgraded mythic set in hardcore.

I can remind you and show you here if you need a refreshment. Let's stay on topic regarding your forum post you have made here on the forums instead of "thinking" people are trying to "show off".

The reason they added guaranteed loot to locks was because they actually costed plat which is hard to obtain for most people, but opening those chests are free and people like you wants to make it guaranteed.

It's still going to be a -1 for me. Learn to do things the hard way such as the players like myself that didn't need 3 or 4 players for certain aps and were able to do it alone. These chests drop in easy maps that are doable.

Stop asking for things to be easy and learn to do things the legit way instead of trying to make this become easy.