PDA

View Full Version : Has DL lived up to its promise?

Battlegrinder
08-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Ok, so if anyone here remembers the pre-release hype DL was getting, you'll likely understand what I'm getting at. They were saying that DL was going to have this big focus on story, saying how different from the other games it would be. And then the game came out, and it turned out to be a lot of similar looking corridors, with a few lines of text between the missions.
I'm not knocking on the game, I still play it, and I think STS absolutely nailed the character customization aspect. But I don't really see much of story focus that got so much attention back when the game was being released. To me, it feels like PL and SL have a much better story than DL, despite DL nominally being the most serious of the three.

MightyMicah
08-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Spacetime games have a storyline?

Battlegrinder
08-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Not much of one, but yes. Its not as deep as, say, WoW, but they do have a story taking place.

Worship
08-25-2012, 10:21 PM

That what I was thinking..
I guess each campaign has a mini-storyline. (other than DL.) like how in Star/Pocket Legends there are quests for each campaign, but they are linked to an overall storyline. Since DL doesn't have quests, there isn't a storyline :p

Mrsberry
08-26-2012, 05:27 AM
Have never ready any of the story on PL, SL, or DL.
Realy see no need too.

Corpser
08-26-2012, 05:56 AM
sL you are a merc doing what ever someones willing to pay you for
pocket legends you are a hero helping all you can by vanquishing the bad guys
and DL i just got extremely lost ever since they had the update with allies

Lowlyspy
08-26-2012, 05:59 AM
I think the premise of DL is you're trying to find out who's behind the murder of your maker, beyond that i have no clue.

mafiainc42
08-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Ive never even Seen the Intro nor and cutscenes if there are any. I just gogogo..lol

MightyMicah
08-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Ive never even Seen the Intro nor and cutscenes if there are any. I just gogogo..lol

Same here. I was actually being sarcastic above when I said what I said. The storyline in PL and SL is script based. And since it's not THAT good. I find it not worth a read...as for DL all I've ever seen is the intro video. I didn't even know other cutscenes existed O.o

Popular
08-26-2012, 01:33 PM
story of SL:

Legends wait

till they find new place to live

thats why they had to wait almost a year for a new content

JK :P

Taikeo
08-29-2012, 10:22 AM
I don't know about the prerelease hype.. but I do really like this game. Currently the only thing I play regularly on my iPad. I agree with Battlegrinder about them nailing character customization. I like that I can choose male or female and instead of a class my playstyle is determined by where I put my points. I love the vanities. But sadly, yes, story is lacking..

ManDiDi
08-29-2012, 10:48 AM
The DL Story

Beginning= U are and forevermore will be a vampire

Middle= Zombies, wolves, humans and big bat-like thingie-ma-bobs will try to kill u

Conclusion= Kill Everything! Break Everything! And get those darn Vanities!

The End! :smile:

KillaSkillz
08-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Customization? Huh. They are all dark haired,white skinned vampires. We have a choice of male or female.
Would of been nice to be able to play Blade, or a blond vampire since after all it's a virus. Or maybe one of those spanish vampires from dusk til dawn.
It's all dress up vanities.

I would have liked a bit more meat to the game play, but I guess if they are going to cap increase every month or two maximum, with these short bits of content and stick in some events between, it will work.

Growwle
08-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Ok, so if anyone here remembers the pre-release hype DL was getting, you'll likely understand what I'm getting at. They were saying that DL was going to have this big focus on story, saying how different from the other games it would be. And then the game came out, and it turned out to be a lot of similar looking corridors, with a few lines of text between the missions.
I'm not knocking on the game, I still play it, and I think STS absolutely nailed the character customization aspect. But I don't really see much of story focus that got so much attention back when the game was being released. To me, it feels like PL and SL have a much better story than DL, despite DL nominally being the most serious of the three.

There were the story cutscenes between missions, but everyone QQ'd and wanted STS to streamline the campaigns. I admit, I like the flow of the campaigns are now. There is still story text between the missions and now the new "Lore" dungeons (or interactive cutscenes). I don't know how immersive you expect a game that the can be run on a three year old smartphone to be?

captaintuttle
08-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Spacetime games have a storyline? LOL!! tsk....tsk...