PDA

View Full Version : What zoom level do you play at?

_ck
04-20-2010, 08:41 PM
I find myself always playing at the furthest out zoom level, since you can see more of your surrounding.. and I sort of imagine most do that as well. But I thought I'd ask because I'm curious if there are any brave souls out there who play more zoomed in, maybe even all the way?

Deathshock
04-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Dont see the point in zooming all the way in.

Banned
04-20-2010, 09:03 PM
I play all the way zoomed in. I actually thought most people did xD.

Deathshock
04-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Isn't it kind of hard to target targets that are further away?

setec
04-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Zoomed out all the way, even on the iPad.

Splurd
04-21-2010, 12:35 AM
For me, the only benefit of zooming in is that I find it easier to tap my self to cancel target.

Caspi
04-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Zoomed all the way out, lets me see all the mobs

KronicDecay
04-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Same. Zoomed all the way out. If I had an option to rotate the vertical view I'd probably zoom in

Odvar
04-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Never changed the default distance.

Shebee
04-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Zoomed all the way, out. But I tend to hold my iPhone too close to my face, that's when I zoom a bit in and take my iPhone further away from my eyes.

SuLLy
04-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Stupid question: How do you zoom in/out?

In options, I only see the ability to zoom in/out for the mini-map.

- Thanks

nerdherd
04-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Pinch zooming just like in other apps.

SMELTN
04-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Zoomed all the way out, but I agree if I had the option to rotate the camera vertically and make it more of a behind the shoulder camera angle I would definitely run like that.

Odvar
04-21-2010, 04:53 PM
How much further out can you zoom from default? I am toying with trying it but Ill never get it back to default after. :P

Seraphine
04-21-2010, 06:49 PM
For me, the only benefit of zooming in is that I find it easier to tap my self to cancel target.

ACK! I never knew how to cancel target! You are AWESOME

_ck
04-21-2010, 07:04 PM
How much further out can you zoom from default? I am toying with trying it but Ill never get it back to default after. :P

I think the default is fully zoomed out, actually.

darrensmith016
04-22-2010, 09:00 AM
all the way out, wish i could pan so i can see futher

ojilles
04-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Zoomed all the way out on iPad. If anything, i'd like to zoom out further so that you can walk back to your group easier after you die.

Deathshock
04-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Zoomed all the way out on iPad. If anything, i'd like to zoom out further so that you can walk back to your group easier after you die.

Is it easier to play without the joystick on the iPad?

Olael
04-22-2010, 06:08 PM
I think the default is fully zoomed out, actually.

I think so as well.

Zoomed out... just like most everyone else. Good to see what's going on around me! haha

Megabird56
07-05-2012, 05:24 AM
Zoomed out is the best way.

demoncrate
07-05-2012, 05:35 AM
The pinch zoom is the thing which mainly limits PL on android. Devices with decent processors but not multi touch can not play.

vampinoy
07-05-2012, 05:37 AM
I play on Chrome and IPad. PVE zoom all the way in. It's more challenging, I can appreciate the graphics more, it's less boring. I zoom out when I'm not familiar with a dungeon then after a couple of runs once I get the feel of the dungeons and the mobs, where to position myself, which mob to kill first etc, then that's the time I zoom in and I make use of mini map to guide me to make it more exciting. We don't have the most exciting maps in Humania...this is my way of entertaining myself... PVP definitely zoom out. Townes zoom out.

Subscriber
07-05-2012, 05:42 AM
All the way in, it's just the pro way to play.

Phoenixking
07-05-2012, 07:33 AM
I play on Chrome and IPad. PVE zoom all the way in. It's more challenging, I can appreciate the graphics more, it's less boring. I zoom out when I'm not familiar with a dungeon then after a couple of runs once I get the feel of the dungeons and the mobs, where to position myself, which mob to kill first etc, then that's the time I zoom in and I make use of mini map to guide me to make it more exciting. We don't have the most exciting maps in Humania...this is my way of entertaining myself... PVP definitely zoom out. Townes zoom out.
I do this as well
except when in pve I'm always zoomed in, even if is a non familiar dungeon

Windwaiker
07-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Usually I zoom all the way out, but sometimes I zoom half way because I like seeing characters a little bigger

Zeezbrah
08-01-2012, 12:59 PM
this, especially when I equip a melee weapon (so my range isn't limited by zoom)

if you zoom out your minimap you can almost see the whole dungeon + character locations, so you don't need to judge by the blue dots on the edge of your screen anymore (and maybe end up going the wrong way)

Hardcoure
08-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Such an old thread to revive...

Intenze
08-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Zoomed all the way out with map overlay on relatively zoomed out as well. Unless I am targeting specific mobs, I am mainly look at the lay out of the map and the grouping of the mobs for optimal killage!