PDA

View Full Version : The real problem with this game

Snakespeare
08-31-2010, 07:31 PM
It's not stats and skills and Townes and hats; it's the fact that you simply can NOT find anyone for pickup games after Lost Expedition. Swamps, even slightly nerfed, is still deserted, and speaking of desert, Ao1 is no mans land. AO2 is almost entirely Mynas Tombs or bears rushing the bosses inPlasma Pyramid.

Once you get to level 35, the game changes into dull repition and wishing someone, anyone, would actually PLAY the game!

Can we get a fix for that?

bmc85uk
08-31-2010, 07:35 PM
It is pretty quiet tonight, 477 Players in 183 games right now.

FluffNStuff
08-31-2010, 07:47 PM

So that's 95 free forest haven games, 50 mynas power levels and 25 farm games. So that leaves 13 games with people playing and they are all full.

bmc85uk
08-31-2010, 07:52 PM
Filtering out locked games I see:

10 AO2 (6 Mynas)
3 AO1
1 Skeller Krunch
1 Ancient Swamps
3 Lost Expedition
8 Fathom Crypts
10 Balefort Castle
12 Dark Forest
59 Forest Haven (!!!!!!)

Though that doesn't consider population in each game. But still, aside from domination by froobs in Forest Haven, game population does taper off between Fathom and AO2, and LE is basically when it gets faster to XP in Mynas....

Not only is it providing a surge of I'll trained end game characters, It's making the middle of the game obsolete and spoiling it for everyone.

OH GOD PLEASE FIX THE MYNAS TOMBS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!

setec
08-31-2010, 08:18 PM
I love this game. Doesn't mean that it is perfect but what game is?

I know you guys all have issues with the Mynas level. I just wanted to say that I am working on my 4th character and 3rd level 45 (gave up on my dumb bear). I am now at level 30 and will probably power level with Mynas because frankly, I don't want to have to go through everything yet again. Seems like homework.

Now, that being said, when they change Mynas, I will adept. I don't look as Mynas as cheating either. But I do recognize the problems that it poses for balance in the overall PL world.

They could just toss a boss or two or three in the hallways of Mynas and that should stop or slow the power leveling.

flaimdude
08-31-2010, 08:59 PM
1) Get 4 friends with iDevices.
2) Make them get PL and level up.
3) ????
4) Profit!

bmc85uk
08-31-2010, 09:18 PM
I don't want to have to go through everything yet again. Seems like homework.

Which is why when you have been through a few times, and made friends within the community, you have people there to help boost you. Power levelling in the traditional sense, it's still quick in any campaign if there's someone power levelling you.

Allow me to direct people to this (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?6736-Mynas-Tombs-**must**-be-fixed.) thread, I'd be grateful for a show of support

Snakespeare
08-31-2010, 09:18 PM
It's cool that different people have different ways they like to play. I just wish there were more people interested in the story side of things.

Maybe when quests come to the higher levels this will improve.

Or maybe when there is a complete trilogy, people will actually form parties that run through 15 maps consecutively.

Here's hoping, anyway. :)

Furrawn
08-31-2010, 09:23 PM
Snake-
Catching up on True Blood but will be on around 12 tonight... If that's too late, three of us will def be playing tomorrow evening around 8... You're welcome to join...

mAdvillain
08-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Snakespeare youve hit the nail on the head on this one
low level games are always available
but it seems like higher level games come and go in waves in different times of the day
late at night they are more abundant but you can forget about it in the morning or during the day untill the kiddies get home from shhhkoool
theres not much you can do but wait untill all the low levels rank up and learn how the game is supposed to be played, because right now they only thing they have to aspire for are pinks and purps, hence the ao2 grinding and boss rushing......and mass weapon spamming (but you can also attribute that to greedy level 45'rs)

Snakespeare
09-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Hi Furrawn, I will look for you guys when I sign in. Trouble is, I tend to squeeze game sessions in between other things, with no set pattern. But I do always check my friends list when I log in, and if you're on, I'll message you. Thanks!

Hey mAdvillian, I saw you running around last night. You have the appropriate black armor and all of a dark knight. It looks like you are really into stories. That's cool. And it sounds like you've worked your way up to level 40 the way the game is meant to be played. I know that we had a few words over the Swamps nerf issue, but I don't care about the past if you don't. Especially since you were probably playing Swamps when it happened so your perspective actually is valuable in that sense. So, anyway, the past is dead as far as I'm concerned. I'll add you so maybe we can run through maps together. I think maybe we got off on the wrong foot and got the wrong idea about each other. So let's try it over. Your character looks pretty cool!

GaZz
09-01-2010, 08:36 AM
I found myself having to hit AO early because when I was ready to move out of LE on my mage... I bought Swamps and there's nobody in them. Ever. Should of tried Skeller though tbh...but like you say.. if there's nobody in those mid range maps there's no hope of keeping people out of AO.

FluffNStuff
09-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Snake-
Catching up on True Blood but will be on around 12 tonight... If that's too late, three of us will def be playing tomorrow evening around 8... You're welcome to join...

Past two were blah, but as usual they are just dragging their heals getting ready for a great finale.

Snakespeare
09-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Ran into mAdvillian this AM and we did some consecutive maps, had a great time.

THEN... I went into a Mynas Tombs map that was just finishing up (i.e. down to 30 bad guys), and when they were talking about making another Tomb, I ran around the corner and engaged the two lesser djinnis. LOL! They all ran, but one! We took down the djinnis together, but we were not going to be strong enough for Sobek. Two level 40s can't really take on Sobek. He, or she, called in a friend and then a few more joined, and we finished it. Yes, one pink did drop. We all stuck together and went on to the next map. Now that was fun! I got a level 39 Dreamer's Imhotep Eye.

asommers
09-01-2010, 11:22 AM

Well, you have to remember this was split between 1.3 players and 1.4 players. I just shut 1.3 down, so all of those users will be playing 1.4 tonight.

-ALS

Snakespeare
09-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Thanks, asommers. I'm sure that quests for the middle levels is the answer to this problem. I'm just impatient as all gittup.

Greeve
09-01-2010, 11:53 AM
This is a progression issue. Risk vs. Reward. Right now the risk and challenge in AO2 is not really high, but you get pretty much the best items in the game from that area. Then you have it so that this zone also happens to have the best xp grinding area as well. Overall people are gonna take the path of least resistance and unfortunately here it is a very clear cut path that is relatively easy once you get there. The difficult zone (Swamps) gives mid level rewards which are quickly replaced. Its no wonder the zones are hardly played. Not a super hard situation to solve and hopefully it is on the dev radar somewhere.

Azrael
09-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Snake, feel free to add ogrim and i will powerlevel you.

I understand its frustrating, but not finding people tonplay with is not a game based problem. You can argue its toneaay to level up, or players shouldnt be allowed into dungeons past their level (bad idea), but otherwise this is an issue of population.

I would add thay you as an individual seem to take longer to level than is average, especially considering the ammountnof time you have for forum posting. This is in no way an attack, and i have no doubt you are a busy man. However for most players, leveling is very easy and takes much less time than many would like.

So, again ill be happy to powerlevel you, but real problems for this game include bad pvp, easilu circumvented dungeon content etc. Not finding games in your bracket is ay best an indirevt resuly of another issue, anf most players still find it easy to level.

Nostero
09-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Azrael, snakes problem isn't that it takes so long to level up. He likes taking his time and learning about the game and just having fun. His problem is that there is nobody to do this with due to powerleveling. So while you may think your helpig him by powerleveling you are actually causeing the problem.

Snake feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but that's just how I feel

Snakespeare
09-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Right. I am cool with other people powerlevelling. I just want to find a way for the ones who like to do it sequentially to hook up. I can't blame people for giving up when they create a map 1 game and wait for others and nobody shows up. Of course they jump into a mynas tombs run. It's better than sitting there with nothing to do, and at least you're getting xp. But they also don't get usable item drops. They don't get pinks or purples for trading. There is a down side. But they want to play. Can't blame them.

I just KNOW that there are others who want to run full maps, or do a run of 5 maps, and maybe go on to mini dungeons. We just need a better way to hook up.