PDA

View Full Version : Mounts and Teleportation!

Skeletonlord
08-26-2012, 04:17 AM
Hey guys and gals!

There are two things that I think would make Pocket Legends a better game.

Now, the first one has been suggested millions of times: Mounts. Mounts are used in most MMO's, and are used for transportation. A mount could be an in game mob that you ride around town or in a dungeon. You could ride:

Skeletons
Aliens
Zombies

The second one is for mages only: Teleportation runes. With one of these in your inventory, you press a button to activate it, and it allows you to teleport to whatever town you desire. Forest Haven, Alien Oasis, Sandstone Caves you name it. These would only work for towns, not dungeons.

LwMark
08-26-2012, 04:45 AM
For the teleportation, dont we kimd of have that, u click menu an click town, it probably takes less clickes to do then to open yur items and search for the teleport thing, idk, but ye mounts would be cool with big maps, no where to really go at the.moment, well i guess in some dungeons if u die an wana respawn quick back with no mage

Scar9612
08-26-2012, 09:26 AM
I agree its a good idea to have teleportation, but we already have it ^_^

Skeletonlord
08-26-2012, 12:42 PM

Do we? Isn't it just in PVP?

Reddwing
08-26-2012, 01:12 PM

Do we? Isn't it just in PVP?
Well you don't have to walk to every town so the map can count as teleportation right?

Energizeric
08-26-2012, 01:59 PM
I actually think the teleport feature causes the game to lose something. When I used to play the old school RPGs (before the online ones), one of the big issues was having to travel between towns. Yes, a certain item may be less expensive in one town, but if you had to travel there it would take time and expense. If that town was entirely on the other side of the map, it could take an hour or two of real gaming time to get there. So you would plan your strategy accordingly. Now you can just zip from forest haven on one side to humania in 3 seconds, so no strategy required at all in this respect. I think if you had to walk from one town to the next, it would make the game more interesting (and realistic).

tHelonestud
08-26-2012, 02:18 PM
we already can go to every towne without walking o.O
also lag is bad enough with out the extra load of mounts
how about they get that under control first

Riccits
08-27-2012, 05:12 AM
with the world map u can "teleport" alreay in every town in a sec.

mounts with increase of speed walking would have some good use in dungeons when ur team already forewarded or u died and need to rewalk

Matutd
08-27-2012, 05:40 AM
If we had mounts, I'd suggest not having mobs as mounts.
Reason 1: they would get mixed up like what happens in Halloween event and you try to kill your team mates :p
Reason 2: how are you supposed to ride a skeleton without getting a donkey back (which often slows people down)
I'd suggest a circus lion drop from nuris, wolves from dark forest, white wolf from forest haven, camel from AO and so on

And like everyone else stated, you can teleport to where you want already by clicking the town map

ArtofWar
08-27-2012, 06:37 AM
i like the teleportation idea :)

Skeletonlord
08-27-2012, 06:59 AM
I know that you can click on the town from the map, but to save the hassle of doing that you can do it while in a town. I know it's a long shot but I still agree with the idea. Maybe not the "activate" thing though.