PDA

View Full Version : Weapon mods + equipment

Battlegrinder
08-26-2012, 04:34 PM
I was thinking that STS could add some new equipment and items into SL.
Grenades: not just for damage, but with effects, like stun, knockdown, or gravity well. Could provide a little bit of skill exchange between classes.
Deployable shield: Need a moment to catch your breath, let your skills recharge, ect? Just toss down a shield and be protected from enemy fire for a moment. The catch is, you can't shoot back. Could also be used to trap a troublesome foe inside it, or prevent enemies from chasing you when you retreat.
Turret: The Scorn get to call in turrets to support them, I think its time we get to return the favor.

Also, a minor adjustment to crafting. Instead of just upgrading your weapon to a better version, we should be able to just tweak it slightly by adding new parts onto it.
Scope: boost to hit% and crit%.
Silencer: Boosted dodge rate.
Extended magazine/canister: Boost to fire rate and damage.
Plus some new parts:
Grenade launcher: Fire a potent AOE shot. Very slow recharge
Napalm canister: Gives weapon fire stun effect like napalm rifle.
Health Drain: Gives you X percentage of damage dealt as health (Would really help commando survivability)

Upgrade parts would be transferable between weapons, and would be found in drops or as store purchases.

Worship
08-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Grenades: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?67351-I-can-haz-grenades&highlight=grenade

Good suggestions though

razerfingers
08-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Grenades: not just for damage, but with effects, like stun, knockdown, or gravity well.
Deployable shield: Need a moment to catch your breath, let your skills recharge, ect? Just toss down a shield and be protected from enemy fire for a moment. The catch is, you can't shoot back. Could also be used to trap a troublesome foe inside it, or prevent enemies from chasing you when you retreat.
Turret: The Scorn get to call in turrets to support them, I think its time we get to return the favor.

Also, a minor adjustment to crafting. Instead of just upgrading your weapon to a better version, we should be able to just tweak it slightly by adding new parts onto it.
Plus some new parts:
Health Drain: Gives you X percentage of damage dealt as health (Would really help commando survivability)

Upgrade parts would be transferable between weapons, and would be found in drops or as store purchases.
Sounds kinda cool +1

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Cahaun
08-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Was thinking the same. +100 to smart ideas

Zaonabiuibil
08-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Grenades: not just for damage, but with effects, like stun, knockdown, or gravity well.

Wow so original, it's not like someone posted that suggestion 2 hours before you made the thread or anything!

Worship
08-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Wow so original, it's not like someone posted that suggestion 2 hours before you made the thread or anything!

Haha look at my post^

Other than the grenades, these are ok suggestions

Cahaun
08-26-2012, 04:55 PM

It's not like people would make over 10 threads ranting on forgotten weapons or how they want more updates for SL.
Can't be possible :rolleyes:

Deathpunch
08-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Is all good, guys! :D I doubt I was the first to suggest grenades, anyway. As for this, while not parts like scopes and such specifically, I suggested something akin to ability mods via weapon crafting in the update thread by gibber. Still, any attention to these ideas is great, and hopefully, STS will implement them. :)

Concerning custom items:

Gibber, can we keep the price reasonable? 35k per piece just for the recipe is a bit steep. Also, the bonuses granted by dropping that massive amount of credits is a bit underwhelming. Use some of the different materials, too.

Or maybe have generic crafting for green and below weapons and armors. Maybe some sort of a slot system. Like greens have 3 mod slots, orange, 2, and whites have 1. Trash are trash. Then you can mod your gear with various mods that increase damage, armor, fire rate, DPS, mana and HP bonuses, stat bonus, whatever. That way, we can begin to truly mod our gear to fit our toons and play styles.
Do away with class specific gear for greens and lower. Make them universal and moddable. Pinks and purples should remain class specific, and able to be made into a custom set with set bonuses. Just an idea. :D

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Along the same lines, but your suggestions seem to want to mod weapons to add active abilities whereas mine is a more passive ability mod.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

Mitchturbo
08-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Mawr stuff like this would be awesome!

I love the idea of a deployable shield!

Battlegrinder
08-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Is all good, guys! :D I doubt I was the first to suggest grenades, anyway. As for this, while not parts like scopes and such specifically, I suggested something akin to ability mods via weapon crafting in the update thread by gibber. Still, any attention to these ideas is great, and hopefully, STS will implement them. :)

Along the same lines, but your suggestions seem to want to mod weapons to add active abilities whereas mine is a more passive ability mod.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

I wasn't aware of you idea regarding mod slots, though it seems to be a pretty cool idea as well. Seems to be that my idea is basically your idea for the scopes and magazines and stuff, and then my twist on the concept would be the new ability parts.

Deathpunch
08-26-2012, 09:55 PM
I wasn't aware of you idea regarding mod slots, though it seems to be a pretty cool idea as well. Seems to be that my idea is basically your idea for the scopes and magazines and stuff, and then my twist on the concept would be the new ability parts.

Meh, nbd. Lol, more threads mean they may see it.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Dasmellyfart
08-27-2012, 03:19 AM
I totally support this idea! Having craftable weapons/attachments would add a whole new level of playability to SL.

Corpser
08-27-2012, 03:27 AM
i love the abilities idea :)

Slant
08-27-2012, 03:54 AM
Plus some new parts:

good one