PDA

View Full Version : Guide to UDB Damage by Level

FluffNStuff
08-26-2012, 05:38 PM
I decided to write a guide on the UDB (Ultimate Death Bomb). Not surviving it, since this research ended up costing me a TON of lives, but what it actually is. Some players say it is harmless and others say it is a team wiping nuisance. It turns out that both groups are correct. The UDB is not a normal attack fired by a player, but instead is an "object" that is created by the board when triggered by the ESB. Because this object is created by the board and not the player, the first thing to note is DAMAGE elixirs have NO EFFECT on the UDB. The second thing to note is that because it is created by the board, it is actually scaled to the level of the board. For instance, a level 35 board creates a level 35 UDB. This means that the amount of damage done all depends on WHERE the UDB is created. I have done testing and charted the approximate damage of the UDB for each level. Note that in the lower levels it has a +- of 30 damage while in the higher levels it can have a scale range of 200 damage. The numbers listed are generally where the damage is centered.

Dark Forest

Balefort Castle

Fathom Crypt

Lost Expedition

Swamps

AO1

AO2

AO3

Sewers

Nuris

Mt. Fang

Humania

Suentous PO
08-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Nice work! That explains why I thought they nerfed it, when I took it to FH. Lulz

FluffNStuff
08-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Nice work! That explains why I thought they nerfed it, when I took it to FH. Lulz

It was fun research up to sewers. My bird has 150 armor and 500 health, so even with thrasher giving 3X armor every 'test' over 950 was insta death. Had to hope I saw the damage before the respawn screen popped up. I will say many HunnySnipers died to bring us this information.

StompArtist
08-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Need a guild that only uses those called "Suicide Squad".

JaytB
08-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Always wondered how much the dmg actually was. I had no idea it scaled either.

Thanks for sharing!

Techno Email
08-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Very interesting info. - thanks for posting this report!

Whirlzap
08-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Very interesting info. - thanks for posting this report!

Very interesting?

You mean YOU aren't the mastermind behind all this?

Yes, it does seem interesting.

Brave Sir Robin
08-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Nice effort. Probably the most important finding is that the board creates the 'bombs' so the map defines the damage and not the player's damage stats.

FluffNStuff
08-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Very interesting?

You mean YOU aren't the mastermind behind all this?

Yes, it does seem interesting.

Interesting is right. I am still not sure what my opinion on this behavior is. On the one hand, I really wanted to group a bunch of low level mobs together and blow them the holy [hot place] right off the map. On the other hand, at least the ESB won't become obsolete because the bomb should keep increasing in damage with future cap releases.

JaytB
08-27-2012, 10:39 PM
On the other hand, at least the ESB won't become obsolete because the bomb should keep increasing in damage with future cap releases.

Now, THAT is interesting. Didn't even think about that.

FluffNStuff
08-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Since the object is created by the board and not the player, when someone kills their opponent with it in PvP, this should mean that they are NOT awarded a kill since it should be classified as an environment kill. Can someone who has used it in PvP confirm this?

Sim Jing
08-29-2012, 08:15 AM
My guide to injuring/teamkilling my teammates.

Love you Fluff!!!

Noob's guide to getting TEAMKILLED!!

Forest haven: Owies! =)

Dark forest: OUCH!

Balefort: OUCH!!

Fathom Crypts: OUCH!!!

Lost Expedition: THE ICE! THE ICE!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Swamps: Oh thats fine, I guess...

AO: OUCH!!!!

AO2: OUUUUUUCCCCCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

AO3: TEAMKILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sewers: TEAMKILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuri's: TEAMKILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fang: TEAMKILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Humania: TEAMKILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prime targets of Trolls: Lost Expedition, Sewers, Fang.

Simplified by Chioricon and Crapricon through the means of "accidentally" killing our own team through runs we made. You're welcome. =D

Special Thanks to.....

The victims that got killed that rage and/or persuade us not to use our ships!!!