PDA

View Full Version : AL PvP Ideas?

Lady_Pebbles
08-27-2012, 12:31 AM
I believe this thread is in need of a big update. Below you will find the original post (quoted) with some links to other threads that have lots of ideas regarding PvP in generally all StS games. As far as AL goes, we will soon find out how its going to be. For the mean time lets give some more ideas and thoughts on what we'd like in AL or other StS mmos...

I would like to see a Guild vs Guild PvP (see link below) in a Tower Defense type of PvP. It would be to have an ultimately team based strategy PvP like Tower Defense be finally incorporated into their games! I'd also like to see built-in tournaments in the system... Both completed with achievements and maybe even prizes!

What about yall?

[
I know that soon the game will be released and not much was said about PvP but I wanted to discuss the ideas in the threads listed below & the possibility of having those types of PvP in AL.

PvP Revamped (by SkillFullGamer) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?67404-Player-Vs-Player-Re-Vamped!)
Do you think PvP needs something new? (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?67035-Do-you-think-pvp-needs-somthing-new-(read))
Guild vs Guild PvP w/Achievements (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?55227-Suggestion-Guild-vs-Guild-PvP-w-Achievements!)
Best class for PvP? (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70949-What-do-you-think-will-be-the-best-class-in-pvp-and-why)
PETS: PvP & PvE Questions... (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?73464-PETS-PvP-amp-amp-amp-PvE-Questions)

I think more ways to PvP would make AL even more interesting (hell probably true for all the Legends games). Lets face it, -just- a couple ways to PvP can get boring after a while so why not give us a variety to choose from?

Im curious what other ideas people come up with and hope to see some of these ideas already in game upon release or at least be in the works!

One things for sure, I hope the PvP aspect of the game is NOT in a turn based style. I honestly believe tuned based PvP should remain in text based and table top games... lol. #justsaying xD

Any other ideas for more types of PvP???? :)

1-18-13 | Updated the thread since PvP might be released today. :)

*Zero*
08-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Yeah i hope its not the "You ready? Say go!!! Goooo". i hope its like DL.
Then we can truely have fun in pvp not wasting time.

Lady_Pebbles
08-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Hell yeah, if its similar to DL's PvP then it'll be hawt. :) Great way to kill the time instead of dragging by waiting on other people. If you're gonna be AFK and/or can't handle FFA type of PvP then either learn or don't PvP imo. x)

Lady_Pebbles
08-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Seriously? No interest in this at all? lol

*Zero*
08-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Guild vs Guild would be hot.
Take a regular map make it be like 12vs12, add some stuff like capture a tower and hold it. Or put 2 bosses in a castle and which ever kills boss first wins but you may have to deal with the other players too. Telling ya this would be epic.

Lady_Pebbles
08-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Ooo I like your ideas Zero! The tower defense type of PvP would be hawt.

Zaonabiuibil
08-28-2012, 02:28 PM
IDC bout the nonsense go system in AL, I'm going FFA/Rushing the whole game XD

Slant
08-28-2012, 02:38 PM
plat pvp tourneys/matches

thecrankybearsam
08-28-2012, 03:08 PM
I would like no pvp XD

Lowlyspy
08-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Real free for all, no teams.

XchilangopwnX
08-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Yeah Every man/woman for themselves would be super awesome! I'd greatly love if it were not only implemented to AL, but DL as well. :vlol:

*Zero*
08-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Ooo I like your ideas Zero! The tower defense type of PvP would be hawt.

Id never leave pvp if we had tower defense matches.....

Ephesius
08-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Dl pvp so lame you have to wait for people to join. Dont make it like Dl pvp, I hate having to wait for a full team for a match to begin. People usually leave because they hate waiting then we have to wait for someone else to join. It should be more like Pl pvp so you dont havw to wait and can pvp instantly if someone is there and dont have to wait

Lady_Pebbles
08-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Dl pvp so lame you have to wait for people to join. Dont make it like Dl pvp, I hate having to wait for a full team for a match to begin. People usually leave because they hate waiting then we have to wait for someone else to join. It should be more like Pl pvp so you dont havw to wait and can pvp instantly if someone is there and dont have to wait
Strange, I've never had to really wait more than one or two mins (literally) for players to join. You have to get to know other players to get in on a lot of PvP matches. If anything, for me the rooms are always packed! :) Never had an issue with players joining.

Then maybe you'll see what we're talking about. ;)

Ephesius
09-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Strange, I've never had to really wait more than one or two mins (literally) for players to join. You have to get to know other players to get in on a lot of PvP matches. If anything, for me the rooms are always packed! :) Never had an issue with players joining.

Then maybe you'll see what we're talking about. ;)

Two minutes is to long for me, the match should start when someone joins a game. And not everybody likes to get to know each other

Lady_Pebbles
09-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Two mins is nothing lol. I mean compared to five, ten, or even twenty mins its really short amount of time. Try getting to know more pvp players so you can join matches.

Ephesius
09-07-2012, 11:13 AM
It's awkard if your not a talkative person waiting in a room with 2 ppl on your team and 1 guy on the other, not saying anything and waiting forever to fight when we couldve been fighting if it were like pocket legends pvp. Some people might like it but im sure most dont, hope arcane legends pvp system is not like dl but more like pl.

Lady_Pebbles
09-07-2012, 02:30 PM
It's awkard if your not a talkative person waiting in a room with 2 ppl on your team and 1 guy on the other, not saying anything and waiting forever to fight when we couldve been fighting if it were like pocket legends pvp. Some people might like it but im sure most dont, hope arcane legends pvp system is not like dl but more like pl.
Maybe a combination of both styles of PvP would suffice?

For example, if they gave us a 1v1 PvP room then the "go?/go" turned based setting would work for some of those players. However, if they do inplement that, players like myself would be deemed a "rusher" because I play differently and prefer it that way.

I think a way to implement more choices on what type of PvP system we want to use would be great. Like when we are joining a DM match an option should popup with a check box saying something on the lines of: "Turned Based or Free For All?" Then under the options it will have a check box with "Automaticly choose this option every time?" This way the players can choose exactly the type of PvP they want when it comes to that.

Ephesius
09-12-2012, 11:56 AM
No one barely plays 1v1 much it should be where anyone could join ( player limit 3 each team ) and being able to battle when they want to instead of having to wait in a locked square.

But anyways either way im not gonna care because I'll be the best pvper in Arcane legends since I'll install it on the first day and become rich and have all the best gear. But most people prefer pocket legends pvp more the dark legends cause dark legends pvp is so slow for it to start. And they should consider making it for amv6 and lower devices because the more people uncompatible then the less money it makes

Lady_Pebbles
09-12-2012, 02:49 PM
The matches usually start off fast when I enter in DL. O.o I think its strange ppl matches take a long time to start. Although I do agree that having more ppl able to play would be nice.

Theholyangel
09-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah that would be cool, i really hope its like DL pvp but with a few minor changes to make it better ^,^ gotta love DL,

Theholyangel
09-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Also, the relic weapon, serrated wing axes, the effect causes the enemy to suicide if the bleed effect kills them >.< not liking that so much,

Ephesius
09-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Can you please stop saying you like dl pvp because Me and 1000000 other people dont. If you keep doing this there going to make pvp like dl and ima be mad, along with the 1000000 people. Dont encourage them to make it like dl ill give u some stuff if u close the thread. In pocket legends if u stil play it

Lady_Pebbles
09-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Can you please stop saying you like dl pvp because Me and 1000000 other people dont. If you keep doing this there going to make pvp like dl and ima be mad, along with the 1000000 people. Dont encourage them to make it like dl ill give u some stuff if u close the thread. In pocket legends if u stil play it
A million others like DL PvP too so its better if they find a happy medium for all of us. I don`t have a thread in PL about this btw & I won't delete this one.

Slant
09-14-2012, 07:45 PM
1vs1 duel option in base

Lady_Pebbles
09-16-2012, 01:25 AM
1vs1 duel option in base
In base? You mean during the other matches? That would defeat the purpose of team matches. X.x

MightyMicah
09-22-2012, 02:52 PM
This is why I'm playing guild wars 2 soon. The pvp is incredible. If this game had incredible pvp even remotely as awesome as GW2, this will be the best mobile mmorpg I've ever played :-)

Lady_Pebbles
09-26-2012, 01:47 AM
This is why I'm playing guild wars 2 soon. The pvp is incredible. If this game had incredible pvp even remotely as awesome as GW2, this will be the best mobile mmorpg I've ever played :-)
Ooo do tell? Would love to see GvG PvP in all the legends games actually.

MightyMicah
09-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Ooo do tell? Would love to see GvG PvP in all the legends games actually.

Same here. I just love the gigantic scale of the pvp. We're talking battles of 30v30. There is no "rush" and there is no "ffa" there's just complete and total chaos. Spells errupting everywhere, Arrows flying by, shadow characters, rogues stealthily Knifing you in the back. *pauses for a long sigh*...Whereas the legends most is what, 5v5? And almost no one even plays that...

Here's a quote from my friend Vampinoy who responded to my guild wars 2 thread

GW2 is beyond good. IMO, It's the best MMORPG out there at the moment, but not the most popular (WoW still holds that title). So if you want the best quality that your money can buy, GW2 is the best out there now. You will not have issues with new expansions in GW2 because end game content is so rich. For instance, in GW2, you have World PVP where you fight for you server in an all out war of 500 vs 500 vs 500 players between three servers. If you're coming from a game like PL where people cry when they get rushed, you'll be overwhelmed in GW2 because it's normal scene where 50-60 people are running towards you trying to conquer your castle and take your head as trophy. So the PVP is a war, no rules, just kill and conquer another server. It's not about 5 vs 5 (there's also that format, but nobody cares about that atm), it's about your entire world versus another world. This war never ends as long as you're playing the game. That mechanic alone will keep end game players busy for years. Never ending war. We're not even talking about the variety of skills, builds, professions, traits, etc. that one can build. We're not even talking about crafting and PVE (those takes a lot of patience to master) You can never find a perfect build in this game because it's balanced, nothing is perfect. There's no holy trinity (tank,dps,healer). Anyone can be any build in this game. So it's impossible to find a build that would work in all scenarios because each scenario would require you a specific build. You think you're hot in PVP until someone destroys you completely with a build you've never seen before...so end-game is very fluid. You wouldn't have to worry about new content, the existing one will keep your pre-occupied for years.

If arcane legends is 1/10 as good, as far as the arena is concerned, I'm content.

Lady_Pebbles
09-30-2012, 03:26 PM
I'd be all over it like water on rice. O.o

MightyMicah
09-30-2012, 07:19 PM
I'd be all over it like water on rice. O.o

Indeed, my friend. I really hope they kick up pvp at least a little bit. Otherwise it won't take too long to bore me.

Lady_Pebbles
10-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Yup, exactly!

Ephesius
10-02-2012, 08:53 AM
If theres no having to wait for both teams to have full players to pvp then itll be great. Having to wait for a full party is why no one pvps in dark legends

Ephesius
10-05-2012, 08:52 AM
I thought of a new reason why this pvp should be like pocket legends. Because on dark legends you can't even do a pvp tournement on it. So they should stick with there regular way Of pvp like pocket legends. There much more to do then just a Ffa That you may not even get to play cause no players join

Elyseon
10-05-2012, 09:31 PM
I think they should be like O&C and only cap pvp

Ofc this would suck if a cap was really unbalanced
-PL 70 vs 55 twinking

Lady_Pebbles
10-08-2012, 07:45 PM
I don't mind the small amount of waiting. If its even just 2 players (1 on each side) then the wait wouldn't be long. Same with 4 players. Doesn't matter. However, I think the matches should restart when players leave but we would be given a time period before the reset so we can get replacements. Time runs out, it resets. Once we get a replacement, it stays the same.

Also, love the dice flags and its effects in DL where as in SL they are simply glow sticks that don't cause any damage. Its boring. Maybe in AL the flags will explode by a certain time and can be passed on to another player then the timer gets an additional 3-5 secs in order to make he goal. Makes the game more exciting and interesting. I mean right now its really easy to farm flags on the games but at least DL has a flag effect!

More elements added to these PvPs would be great in general.

MightyMicah
10-10-2012, 09:02 AM
I don't mind the small amount of waiting. If its even just 2 players (1 on each side) then the wait wouldn't be long. Same with 4 players. Doesn't matter. However, I think the matches should restart when players leave but we would be given a time period before the reset so we can get replacements. Time runs out, it resets. Once we get a replacement, it stays the same.

Also, love the dice flags and its effects in DL where as in SL they are simply glow sticks that don't cause any damage. Its boring. Maybe in AL the flags will explode by a certain time and can be passed on to another player then the timer gets an additional 3-5 secs in order to make he goal. Makes the game more exciting and interesting. I mean right now its really easy to farm flags on the games but at least DL has a flag effect!

More elements added to these PvPs would be great in general.

Agreed. I'm so psyched about pvp! I hope I won't have to choose between a pve or pvp build like in DL.

Lady_Pebbles
10-10-2012, 01:40 PM
I got sort of a hybrid build on DL.. if AL allows us to have as much customization to make pallies and what-not, then I think that won't be a problem hun. :-)

Theholyangel
10-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Just like DL!!!!

madeinchinalol
10-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Agrre it should be more liky PL it would be better if it had ctf and pvp arena that the better idea but rushing not fun really

madeinchinalol
10-10-2012, 05:56 PM
actally it will get issues......... whatch...

theryanluu
10-10-2012, 06:10 PM
NOOOOOOO!!! actally the best way is to put PVP ARENA, CTF, and everman/woman for themsevles like that better that would fix it:) :)

Lady_Pebbles
10-11-2012, 08:56 PM
NOOOOOOO!!! actally the best way is to put PVP ARENA, CTF, and everman/woman for themsevles like that better that would fix it:) :)
Or have all of them optional. Then everyone wins. :-D

Ephesius
10-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Try pocket legends pvp once a guy joins then pvp begins, pebbles you did say in some post in dark legends thread everything was fine except the wait time, which means if there was no wait time then it would be like pocket legends pvp, which would make the game great

Lady_Pebbles
10-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Try pocket legends pvp once a guy joins then pvp begins, pebbles you did say in some post in dark legends thread everything was fine except the wait time, which means if there was no wait time then it would be like pocket legends pvp, which would make the game great
I've tried it & don't like it. Hence, why I say DL pvp is way better than PL & SL. For me its not the same, way too slow in PL imo. Plus DL pvp system has a lot of better features: i.e. better flag, flag effect that I really like, hell even better graphics lol.

PxVice
10-18-2012, 11:50 AM
I really like the PL system having tried the others as well. This would be kind of cool, your traveling through the forest, a wizard pops up and wants to fight. The wizard being a difficult foe, says if you beat him, you get good treasure, if you lose, you will be sent t.o a pvp, arena. Let's say this happens once an hour. Then you have to fight your way out while having other players trying to beat each other

Jig
10-19-2012, 02:56 AM
Um well, Pvp Dm in pocket legends is a 1 on 1 kind of thing, if you like constant ffa just go to ctf.. simple that constant a great fun i dont get some people sometimes...

Ephesius
10-19-2012, 08:38 AM
in pocket legends it can be a one on one thing but you have 3 choices of people to fight, In dl you barely get a match to go with people dropping because theres no one in the room and being stuck in a locked gate. If they removed the gates in Dl then it would be fun and people wouldnt drop as much because you actually get to pvp

BodMaster
10-19-2012, 08:55 AM
in pocket legends it can be a one on one thing but you have 3 choices of people to fight

Having more class to fight isn't always a good thing. PL and SL are unbalanced and pretty much have always been. At least in DL they are all the same class with the same tree meaning more dependant on skills/choice of tree rather than spam on an OP class.

Lady_Pebbles
10-19-2012, 03:26 PM
1v1 area should be added, makes it more interesting. Tournament System would be great too. DM should be like on DL but instead of 25 total kills, maybe 50 or 100 team total. PvP on MMOs like these shouldn't be thrn based. Makes no sense why its like that on SL/PL. The gates are there to make sure the right amount of players needed to start are there. Once the gates open, its on like DK. Gate or no gate, doesn't matter. As long as PvP is pure FFA then its all good.

Szangheili
10-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Agrees ^^

Lady_Pebbles
10-30-2012, 02:11 AM
Agrees ^^
Hahaha so true! XD

By the way, will the pets..... Will they be able to fight alone even when we're not fighting? For example, lets say my toon is standing in a safe zone & my pet is roaming around me (going in & out of the safe zone area since Im near the exit), if an enemy/monster gets near, will my pet fight?
OH & in PvP, if my toon dies, does my pet die with me? Or will it stay there fighting for me until I respawn? XD

Im curious. O.o

Lady_Pebbles
11-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Looks like the pet system will be vital to PvP. Which will make it more interesting if they make it more like DL's PvP system. :)

iRusher
11-24-2012, 09:54 PM
If pvp is ffa In al I will quit sl for al for sure..F.F.A. FOREVAAA!

Vystirch
11-24-2012, 10:44 PM
I agree with GvG that would be totally awesome! Also I believe that the pets in PvP will be just as important as PvE if not more. Also if you could earn say plat or gold from PvP then you would have more players. Oh and maybe xp! PvP positions such as general and captain and the bonuses thoughs players would give out to other player in certain PVP battles would be awesome! I'm not saying guild ranks transfer into PvP but that certain maps (large ones like 20v20 or more) that each side would have like one emperor and two captains with boosts applied to people in range. This would make capture the tower/hill sort of stuff so amazing with such a large map! Also you could imply caracters on each team like an assassin. This player would have his attack increase 100% and his defense lowered to almost none.

This is just my dream/fantasy PvP

-Vys

Heroelite
11-24-2012, 10:49 PM
I hope AL pvp is not like PL and I feel like it won't be because there are no auto target players or any of that. Will probably just be a FFA.

Itisi
11-24-2012, 11:44 PM
I'd LOVE to see an intense fast paced PvP like DL's, only, not so repetitive and hopefully much more customization.. Maybe a war type game with 16 on 16 siege type game. ;) Give guild war a whole new meaning.
I've always wanted dueling too, rogues will probably dominate unless they balance the classes.
Something new I think would be cool to see would be where a random armour is hidden on the map, first to find it begins obtaining points until he's killed, and when he's killed its hidden again. Points are scored by keeping the armour on and bonus for killing others. And you'd make it an armour so its easier to see who has it. ;) and they should be a different color on map so they can't sit and hide.

Tilax
11-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Castle wars and also like customisation of time like how long want to host it. And guild v guild castle defense :D

dmspker
11-25-2012, 03:29 PM
My idea.. Make a lobby , waiting for opponent , a fight. Simple and fast

Lady_Pebbles
11-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Great ideas! I just hope they make the right decision here.

Lady_Pebbles
01-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Im gonna update this thread after today. Still would like to get more ideas in here. :)

Vystirch
01-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Im gonna update this thread after today. Still would like to get more ideas in here. :)

Realy my dream for GvG PvP would be to have like 20 on 20 from two guild kinda like tower defense. On thing extra though is I'd like to see 1 general a d two captains on each team. The general would raise all stats of players around them by 20% and the captains by 10%. This would make it more team oriented and make so many strategies.

Lady_Pebbles
01-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Realy my dream for GvG PvP would be to have like 20 on 20 from two guild kinda like tower defense. On thing extra though is I'd like to see 1 general a d two captains on each team. The general would raise all stats of players around them by 20% and the captains by 10%. This would make it more team oriented and make so many strategies.
I just got done updating the original post and had the same idea of a Tower Defense type of PvP for GvG too! Its the perfect team based strategy PvP that would be great on all of these StS games. :)

Love your idea! Its a tad massive with 20 on 20 though. Maybe 6 on 6 or 10 on 10 but wow thats huge lol. It'll be like Tower Defense meets Guild Wars.. Woot!!! XD

Vystirch
01-18-2013, 03:49 PM
I just got done updating the original post and had the same idea of a Tower Defense type of PvP for GvG too! Its the perfect team based strategy PvP that would be great on all of these StS games. :)

Love your idea! Its a tad massive with 20 on 20 though. Maybe 6 on 6 or 10 on 10 but wow thats huge lol. It'll be like Tower Defense meets Guild Wars.. Woot!!! XD

Exactly it kwould be perfect could be more like 10v10 to 14v14 but u get the idea.

Ninjaw
01-18-2013, 08:02 PM
I definately think there should be variety. But i strongly suggest 2v2 arena. Also i think a award system is needed. Like the story tokens or hauntlet tokens, but with purchasable gear. Because Without rewards it gets unInteresting..

Ninjaw
01-18-2013, 10:33 PM
People need 1v1 or 2v2 arena. 4v4 ctf is all and good, but you die so quick when 4 players shoot fire ball at you all at once. While speedy mages run with the flag. U cant catch em. They slow u with CC. And run with galeforce, while aoe fire balls hit all of us.

ShadowGunX
01-19-2013, 12:38 AM
for warrior:
we will need 3different skill set each viz ctf ;pvp nd pve)
dodge for pvp
health for ctf
armour for pve
flagbearer gets a DoT (lol!! beware low hp's dnt grab flag XD) so we need hp.
dodge to evade rogue insane crit dmg

ShadowGunX
01-19-2013, 12:41 AM
People need 1v1 or 2v2 arena. 4v4 ctf is all and good, but you die so quick when 4 players shoot fire ball at you all at once. While speedy mages run with the flag. U cant catch em. They slow u with CC. And run with galeforce, while aoe fire balls hit all of us.

lol if they hav low hp then tension not. flagbearer get DoT nd before doing goal it will die XD

bt yh i agree. mage r strongest in CTF.
fireball nd galeforce made me sick XD
idk if timeshift roots or nt.

Lady_Pebbles
01-19-2013, 02:31 AM
What?! My Mage gets one shot killed by Rogues and Tanks!!! LoL I fixed ny build and evwrythang... But STILL lol.

lsd_centaur
01-19-2013, 11:14 AM
2 things pvp need that I notice are:
1. Team chat. It would be great to tell a team member a command where as the other team won't see it.
2. Vote boot system. There are a few sabotagers. I won't name any names, but it would be great to vote out ppl thats ruining the pvp for a reason of course.

lsd_centaur
01-19-2013, 11:17 AM
So true. Seriously something need to be done about rouge skill. I bet almost everyone would choose that class.

Vystirch
01-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Ok we soooooo badly need GvG, my guild wants to play together!
And we need team chats not just open air. We also need chat loadouts to make this easier to use.

Lady_Pebbles
01-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Yes! Team chat and quick chat functions are desperately needed. Especially for a huge maze-like map, we need a way to communicate with the team without making ourselves vaulnerable.