PDA

View Full Version : Add nickname to names

Zaocaquba
01-21-2023, 03:33 AM
As title says, would be good if you can set nicknames ?
People have so many accounts, can't keep track of all the friends names :D

Advocacies
01-21-2023, 04:19 AM
+1

I was surprised my friend change ign if i didn't recognize it was him he wud have been goners xd

Zaocaquba
01-21-2023, 05:21 AM
Exactly. So you still can keep track of your friends

Avaree
01-21-2023, 12:30 PM
Exactly. So you still can keep track of your friends

If they are a true friend, you would know their alts?

Nocturnus
01-23-2023, 10:14 PM
+1 Perhaps in inspect there could be a sector where it mentions the main account or some nickname of choice (optional) that we want to use.
Then each char would carry the same nick in all its alternates in the inspect area.
People could tell who you are just by inspecting you.

leprereturningplayer
01-23-2023, 11:46 PM
+1 let us nickname ppl

Encryptions
01-24-2023, 08:43 AM
Not sure if its a possibility, but someone can set their own account nickname which if friended by someone then what ever character you are on it will show up online with the character's ign and your (nickname) next to it. If you are offline then it will just display the last online ign and (nickname) next to the ign. Avatar changes based on what character you were on.

Possible issues: people will use nicknames based off others igns which will confuse people. Someone could easily take my ign and use it as their nickname to confuse or possibly scam people.

Advocacies
01-24-2023, 11:26 AM
Not sure if its a possibility, but someone can set their own account nickname which if friended by someone then what ever character you are on it will show up online with the character's ign and your (nickname) next to it. If you are offline then it will just display the last online ign and (nickname) next to the ign. Avatar changes based on what character you were on.

Possible issues: people will use nicknames based off others igns which will confuse people. Someone could easily take my ign and use it as their nickname to confuse or possibly scam people.

No you should be able to set nickname for someone not the actual person can set his own nickname for you

Like calling my self "guy" when u don't know me by that name but u know me as "dude" so you set my nickname in your own social as "dude" I don't see any confusing in this type of method

Titanium
01-24-2023, 12:36 PM
So many nicknames i can think off rn:

Dontreply
Waytoopushy
Criestoomuch
Myhcdiedsorry
Nogoldbro
Talkstoomuch
Pretendafk
Idkprices
Gossipgirl
Nogear

Nocturnus
01-24-2023, 08:45 PM

I like that idea (if I don't misunderstand) that each one in your friends list can put a nickname to another player, that only that person will be able to see, in your friends list.
Something like: Ign(Nickname).
And all the ign of that same player will appear with the same nickname.

Susanne
01-26-2023, 06:44 AM
It's a daft idea. What's the use of it really? If you want your close friends to know your alt names you tell them..simples.

Nocturnus
01-26-2023, 10:14 PM
I personally have hundreds of friends, many others play very little, and I often change my name or sometimes my character.
When I do this I have to inform hundreds of people about a change, it's quite tedious, also many others don't directly find me when they return to the game.
If you have 3 friends, it obviously seems like a silly idea.
It also serves to remember other friends and order your own list, many names with many alternates to remember.

Angelaxd
01-26-2023, 10:29 PM
El amigo raro :elkakas