PDA

View Full Version : Recycle igns

idkAl
01-22-2023, 12:32 AM
Can y’all recycle unused/ banned ign’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiorDrypp
01-22-2023, 05:24 AM
I would like it! But what, if a old player returns and he sees his ign got changed or whatever?

idkAl
01-22-2023, 06:02 AM
Well then just recycle old banned ign’s

Happyarlorday
01-29-2023, 07:08 PM
+1 besides im sure we have many accounts on here owning absurd amount of caracters holding igns who could be enjoyed by the rest of the community.

Fiery
01-29-2023, 11:30 PM
+1 to recycle banned igns. Dont know how hard this would be to do though

Pars
01-30-2023, 01:02 AM
+1

SM-A315F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Dashie
01-30-2023, 01:03 AM
+1

/11 Char

Oakmaiden
01-30-2023, 08:49 AM
Arrrrg, research this topic here and you will find many triggered responses. Minus a million. Creating a name isn’t difficult. If you need ideas, ask me and I’ll help you come up with something. Banned names carry bad reputations. Why would you want that?

TheRealOGJohn
01-30-2023, 09:29 AM
Can y’all recycle unused/ banned ign’s?

+1 they also need to make it so we can add numbers or special characters in our names. Tired of not being able to pick a name i want. Tired of people selling 3 letter names for gold. Pisses me off so much

mrshield
01-30-2023, 09:32 AM
-10000 in this well its same process someone holding many igns? Then if they release the banned or unuse ign same process they will hoard it again but in another player and sts have rules in selling igns tho to many problems and reports will come too.

nephthys31
01-30-2023, 09:38 AM
-10000 in this well its same process someone holding many igns? Then if they release the banned or unuse ign same process they will hoard it again but in another player and sts have rules in selling igns tho to many problems and reports will come too.True, so -99999

Leyit
01-30-2023, 10:23 AM
Only possible thing should be about bringin old names, if the player didnt spend any money on the game and also didnt login to game for like, 5years?, maybe it will be an option to releasing them in this case. But bringing the banned names or taking extra names from people who hoard is a bad and non possible idea.

So i say, -1 for the idea.

Corviss the Lich
03-01-2023, 11:31 PM
If this ever happens, people will hoard a bunch of "cool" igns and quite possibly sell the ign in black market for the ez pz gold. yep. -100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000 bazillion googlion something something

asommers
03-02-2023, 12:00 AM
See this thread (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?623404-Dead-Player-Nicks) and this thread (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?623086-First-Names-and-Last-Names).

Names on banned accounts are gone forever.

Community Suggestions List shows status. The work is actually done (~12M names would be released), but we're trying to figure out how to release the names where they won't be immediately exploited/snatched by new/dummy accounts.

-ALS

Encryptions
03-02-2023, 12:16 AM
See this thread (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?623404-Dead-Player-Nicks) and this thread (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?623086-First-Names-and-Last-Names).

Community Suggestions List shows status. The work is actually done (~12M names would be released), but we're trying to figure out how to release the names where they won't be immediately exploited/snatched by new/dummy accounts.

-ALS

Forum contests, event lbs, platinum, gold in the store. I think event lbs would be super interesting if top 50 of each class had a specific ign included that locks to your account when won. The lb would even be way more competitive.

leprereturningplayer
03-02-2023, 12:17 AM
Forum contests, event lbs, platinum, gold in the store. I think event lbs would be super interesting if top 50 of each class had a specific ign included that locks to your account when won. The lb would even be way more competitive.

Doubt they’d do this but +1

lechogas
03-02-2023, 01:59 AM
release some bound IGN thru klaas… can be recycled if deleted.

Oakmaiden
03-02-2023, 05:53 AM

-ALS
Was mentioned once, a way save my name when trading them among my alt. I’m thinking something like house deeds. Pack my name and put in stash fir alt to pick up. I have names that match vanity sets, I would like to be able to rotate names safely.

Oakmaiden
03-02-2023, 05:58 AM

A lottery of some kind, definitely not lb. They said 12m names are possibly being made available.
Also needs to be a limit to how many one player can apply for.
Maybe it’s also time to restrict how many alts are on one account.
Restrict number of accounts per household/ip address as well.

Sakura Bushido
03-02-2023, 06:19 AM
Agreed on a limit, if gold bars introduced we have no use of alts for stashing gold and 10-15 should be enough each account. Maybe add a limitation on changing name and creating alts each day. Reducing people spending 24 hours snatching all names?

Preorder would also work allowing the highest payer get that name

asommers
03-02-2023, 01:15 PM
So now you notice there are more things that would need to be implemented when wanting to release dead names.

Auctioning off names would be nice, but say we released 1000 names per day, it would take a more than 30 years to release all 12M+ names.

The time to hand out a name is when a player wants to use it, so I'm actually leaning toward players possibly paying for the dead name they want with Platinum (that would weed out the hoarders), but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a game when creating a new character with a name in use and then receive a prompt such as 'Name unavailable, but you can have that name for 100 Platinum!' With context it makes sense, this game has been around for 10 years and there are millions of unused names, but it still feels like a scam.

We have several options:
1. Do nothing and keep what we have now
2. Release the names and don't worry about the exploitation/hoarding
3. Sell the dead name at the point of character creation

-ALS

Observing
03-02-2023, 01:35 PM
Sell the names, you can give context on character creation screen if necessary

Fiery
03-02-2023, 01:49 PM
So now you notice there are more things that would need to be implemented when wanting to release dead names.

Auctioning off names would be nice, but say we released 1000 names per day, it would take a more than 30 years to release all 12M+ names.

The time to hand out a name is when a player wants to use it, so I'm actually leaning toward players possibly paying for the dead name they want with Platinum (that would weed out the hoarders), but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a game when creating a new character with a name in use and then receive a prompt such as 'Name unavailable, but you can have that name for 100 Platinum!' With context it makes sense, this game has been around for 10 years and there are millions of unused names, but it still feels like a scam.

We have several options:

-ALS

2 or 3, doesnt really matter to me. If you wanna do 1 I wouldn’t care too much either, but having new names would also be fun.

Encryptions
03-02-2023, 04:22 PM

We have several options:

-ALS
When you say 12mil names wouldn't include names like "Bluebox" or "Fastfish"? Or all of these names 1 word that is commonly used. Using the names as a lb reward would be very interesting imo, use the best names for lb and to sell. Filter out the bad names and you might be left with around if lucky 1mil names that are 1 word and commonly used. They don't need to be all instantly freed up, they can be used for future forum contests, event lbs, like even this event if the ign Fish isn't active then it could be used for top 1.
The real issue is the black market which will never end unless you guys decide 1 month to weed out all of those players.

asommers
03-02-2023, 04:26 PM
I didn't look at the names themselves, I just counted the number of characters on non-banned trial accounts that hadn't logged in in over 5 years. All of those names would automatically be freed.

-ALS

Encryptions
03-02-2023, 04:41 PM
I didn't look at the names themselves, I just counted the number of characters on non-banned trial accounts that hadn't logged in in over 5 years. All of those names would automatically be freed.

-ALS
I see, best option would filter the bad names from the good names, 3 letter words are top tier, then 4 letter words, then 3 letter names ex (Kpp), 5 letter words, 4 letter names (Kppp), then 5-8 letter words, 5-9 letter 2 word igns, 9-13 letter words.
Thats the ranking system I'd go by for best to worst.

QuaseT
03-02-2023, 04:51 PM
We've seen what happened last time and I have no trust that people will NOT get around settings/limitations

Fiery
03-02-2023, 05:11 PM
I mean selling the deed doesn't sound too bad now, does it?

worldwide309
03-02-2023, 08:42 PM
why cant you guys just be creative with your names? releasing names will create a surge of name selling. if you do end up selling these names you should sell them for a sizable amount of plat and make it account/character bound. better yet, make it so if that name gets renamed/deleted from a character it has to be purchased AGAIN. do not make these cheap or dont release them at all

Avaree
03-02-2023, 08:48 PM
why cant you guys just be creative with your names? releasing names will create a surge of name selling. if you do end up selling these names you should sell them for a sizable amount of plat and make it account/character bound. better yet, make it so if that name gets renamed/deleted from a character it has to be purchased AGAIN. do not make these cheap or dont release them at all

Well said !!!

Advocacies
03-02-2023, 09:39 PM

Keep what we have now this unnecessary would only create problems/conflict, game already fine

Levistonyy
03-03-2023, 04:21 AM
How about 1b gold for each banned name this could act as gold sink to fix the economy

Itzmemohsin
03-03-2023, 04:55 AM

-ALSThat's the best solution i feel , i don't think there's any other viable option , though people might try to exploit, but there isn't a better option i think .

Remisu
03-03-2023, 06:52 AM
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

Remisu
03-03-2023, 06:56 AM

We have several options:

-ALS3 is a good trade. Dead unused names should not be impactful for the owner and the rest community can enjoy it

Oakmaiden
03-03-2023, 07:03 AM

-ALS

There is a fourth opinion, release the name without any announcement. New ppl log in try a name and bam. Still think accounts should be limited in number per household/characters per account. Someone told me he has over 400 toons...that should not have been possible.

Oakmaiden
03-03-2023, 09:33 AM
Crazy idea here... how about, for now, names can be converted to a ........ Tradable deed.... could be a huuuuuuuge gold sink. Fee to craft into a deed that can be stashed or traded. Maybe all the people hoarding names would start selling them.
Take this opportunity to restrict number of alts/accounts. Then afterwards the temp account names could be released without notice.

Sakura Bushido
03-03-2023, 09:39 AM
Worst idea to introduce a deed for names in Economy with 12m combination.

Add a platinum cost to the name make it 250 plat+ and add a maximum cap of 1-2 bought daily.

This allows evryone who wants this to get what he wants.

Sakura Bushido
03-03-2023, 09:43 AM
And in all fairness to the developers,

There should be a option to reserve names and giving the player who offers most the right to buy it.

Sponsoring our favorite development team and it seems really fair in the state game is in.

Release a 2 day period for couple handfull names allowing people to bid on it if such thing is possible.

I can only imagine its way to hard, sadly.

worldwide309
03-03-2023, 10:04 AM
just keep things the way they are and come up with a creative name of your own. if not auction the names for absurd amounts of plat/gold. make each name 1750 plat just like auras and arc eggs or at least 250m per name (very good gold sink) - make the names account bound/character bound and once deleted/renamed they need to be purchased again. the name sellers are going to go crazy if they just get released, at least this way they will have to PAY to break ToS and risk their account.

Oakmaiden
03-03-2023, 10:21 AM
Worst idea to introduce a deed for names in Economy with 12m combination.

Add a platinum cost to the name make it 250 plat+ and add a maximum cap of 1-2 bought daily.

This allows evryone who wants this to get what he wants.

No it doesn’t, platinum isn’t affordable to everyone. Only people with deep pockets would be able to buy the names. Then the black market would go wild. My idea ruins it for current black market sellers.

Mythocrisis
03-03-2023, 01:08 PM
There have already been punishments/warnings/bans for name sellers/hoarders and related who got permanently banned.

Now your going to legalise the exact thing for profit via platinum.
Now,

What's going to stop a banned player to contact you and ask that account to be unbanned for a bigger chunk of platinum? Depending on the worth of the banned account, a platinum price set. Once paid crime overturned. Even this people will entertain since most player have been banned once /couple of times during their span of time in AL.

I hope you see what entertaining all the requests of the community without clarity of what it means will do to the game.

asommers
03-03-2023, 01:36 PM
Now your going to legalise the exact thing for profit via platinum.

Not sure why I'm entertaining this nonsense, but I'm not seeing the connection.

What's going to stop a banned player to contact you and ask that account to be unbanned for a bigger chunk of platinum? Depending on the worth of the banned account, a platinum price set. Once paid crime overturned. Even this people will entertain since most player have been banned once /couple of times during their span of time in AL.

Not sure how many times I can say permanently banned accounts are banned forever and banned names will never be released.

I hope you see what entertaining all the requests of the community without clarity of what it means will do to the game.

Nothing has been made available to the players. Isn't that what discussions and feedback are for?

-ALS

Vvaffe
03-03-2023, 02:08 PM
+1

Have an old lost Accound idk the LogIn Datas for so i could get my Name back. Release the Names pls

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Fiery
03-03-2023, 02:30 PM

Not sure how many times I can say permanently banned accounts are banned forever and banned names will never be released.

Nothing has been made available to the players. Isn't that what discussions and feedback are for?

-ALS

Options 1, 2 and 3 are all viable, but of course most people want names to be freed, including myself and I prefer either 2 or 3. You've already made it clear, not sure why it has to be said again - banned names won't come back, which was half of the people's complaints, and the work has already been done to free up the dead names. I hope the team doesn't abandon the idea just because of a couple people saying no, but if so then so be it. Hope to hear continued updates regarding how you'll go about it

Sakura Bushido
03-03-2023, 06:46 PM
Agreed releasing is only good, people will ofcourse try undermine it, adding names in auc will support manipulation. I support the plat option cause the help it does to the support team. I also imagine some names that could fetch a pretty penny for alot of hustle by sts team.

Just add a cap and a bidding system.

If bidding system too hard il see 250-1750 plat as reasonable just like an aura.

250 is still available for non plat buyers as there are plat eggs to hidden chest all providing sustainable amount of plat to make this available.

leprereturningplayer
03-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Agreed releasing is only good, people will ofcourse try undermine it, adding names in auc will support manipulation. I support the plat option cause the help it does to the support team. I also imagine some names that could fetch a pretty penny for alot of hustle by sts team.

Just add a cap and a bidding system.

If bidding system too hard il see 250-1750 plat as reasonable just like an aura.

250 is still available for non plat buyers as there are plat eggs to hidden chest all providing sustainable amount of plat to make this available.

So basically sts can sell igns for in game currency but we can’t 💀, this will cause tons of drama etc I honestly say -1 unless they have a good idea on how to do it and so far all these ideas are terrible

Advocacies
03-04-2023, 01:53 AM
So what's gonna happen to old players Suddenly coming back for nostalgic vibe just to find out their character name been ransacked? Just nothing?

Mythocrisis
03-04-2023, 04:24 AM

-ALS

This is not nonsense.
I apologosr if I said something that's uncalled for.
But that is not the point of my previous post.

1.) You have punished name sellers /hoarders before as purchases not fitting the trade screen.
You are bringing that back for premiun currency(name selling).
The connection that you missed is this:
A bannable offense of selling names is now being done for premium.
What about other bannable offenses for a premium?

This is my thought of the issue and means no harm and for discussion purposes and to guage your thoughts on that.
Thank you for your reply and hope to hear more .

QuaseT
03-04-2023, 05:48 AM
So what's gonna happen to old players Suddenly coming back for nostalgic vibe just to find out their character name been ransacked? Just nothing?

It's actually worse than nothing because then someone else will have their ign and with the og owner and a new owner being around we can already imagine the problems.

Sakura Bushido
03-04-2023, 07:00 AM
They are the ones allowing this to happen am i right? Make it so we can bid..... I can see myself doing some crazy bids on igns if those are released? Same as some others.

Sakura Bushido
03-04-2023, 07:04 AM
Its pretty clear an ign sticks with you am i right? Not just one of the auras in inventory... Asking a premium for a premium name for 13year old game and alot of work to release such names.

I dont see any problem with this.

Ask a premium the first couple days so people that want a certain ign can buy it for a "premium" and then yall not willing to support any of the causes can go for second round ransacking the igns and stacking them up until non left! How bout that

|Ares|
03-04-2023, 08:10 AM
Yes totally release the names for bidding and make people bid 20k plats for some original name like "Cringe" for example - worst idea just so u know.

People be thinking that randomly putting name in store for 1750 plats is not gonna make someone set up all and ready to buy it and is not gonna cause outrage cause people will yell it's a paywall - correct.

Drop the names free, don't tell when and how you've done it and let the people find out. Just like you did last time, I don't recall an outrage - same chances to whoever spotted names being rereleased again as first.

|Ares|
03-04-2023, 08:14 AM

We have several options:

-ALS

Just do the 1 and 2 and focus on more important aspects of the game like the content, events and gameplay in general.

Polosam
03-04-2023, 09:37 AM
Igns should be free if they get rereleased, but if you want to avoid ign sellers, make them account bound to whoever gets it first. And if they want to pass that ign around to a friend maybe they will have to pay plat in order to make the ign available again for everyone to take and so on. Same thing for the new owner, make it account bound etc

Also only old unused igns will be released right? Not banned ones
Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

worldwide309
03-04-2023, 01:39 PM
Don’t release them. Don’t need more name sellers in this game

Pars
03-04-2023, 04:06 PM
We need a system where we can exchange (sell/gift) Igns. Ign buying/selling is an invisible but it happens and real.

It's a pretty good idea to delete accounts that have been banned for a long time and release their igns.

SM-A315F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

asommers
03-04-2023, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback. If anything changes, we'll let you know.

-ALS