PDA

View Full Version : Above Gold cap trade Safetyness info

Unxtoxic
08-27-2012, 10:53 PM
So this would help in future reference (When I get red dragon piece :)) this may also help other players that already have dragon pieces but not sure what the safest way of trading over gold cap. So I liked to hear the methods that other people have used in the past to trade for over gold cap. Whether its using collateral, trust, or even just winging it and hoping not to get scammed. I want to hear your method aslong as it worked out in the end. Any useful info is welcome. Thanks!

JaytB
08-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Either work with a trustworthy 3rd party or trade gold cap + sets/pieces worth the same amount of gold than what you still owe, and trade them back for the rest of the amount.

Unxtoxic
08-28-2012, 01:55 AM
I've heard the 3rd person method but I don't quite understand it, explain please :)

TANKKAAR
08-28-2012, 02:01 AM
Its when both parties hand over all goods and gold to a separate TRUSTWORTHY person, typically a GOA or well know merch ect. And then they make sure both traders get all that was due to them. I personally have been the 3rd in multiple cases and imo should always be done for free although some people will ask for a fee.

Note: I have also been told you can write support and have them execute the trade but that was long ago when they seemed to have... We shall say, more time to deal with matters.

Otukura
08-28-2012, 02:04 AM
Its when both parties hand over all goods and gold to a separate TRUSTWORTHY person, typically a GOA or well know merch ect. And then they make sure both traders get all that was due to them. I personally have been the 3rd in multiple cases and imo should always be done for free although some people will ask for a fee.
Unless that well known merch is known for sitting in balefort and spamming "B) STUFFZ 80% OFF CS" :D

TANKKAAR
08-28-2012, 02:05 AM
Unless that well known merch is known for sitting in balefort and spamming "B) STUFFZ 80% OFF CS" :D

That's not a merch ..lol

Otukura
08-28-2012, 02:06 AM
That's not a merch ..lol

true

Unxtoxic
08-28-2012, 02:19 AM
That's not a merch ..lol

true

Do we call then a wannabe? Idk

LwMark
08-28-2012, 03:40 AM

82%*

Unxtoxic
08-28-2012, 03:47 AM
Back on topic, so far the 3rd person method sounds the most safest.

Pakax
08-28-2012, 04:18 AM
3rd party is safest but cap + items works as well very well, it depends on the amount really.

LwMark
08-28-2012, 04:33 AM
I help if u want

Pakax
08-28-2012, 10:00 AM
dont trust him :-)

I help if u want

GoodSyntax
08-28-2012, 12:22 PM
I have seen Elite items and Dragon items used as part of the Cap + item deal.

To be effective, the +Item must have significant value of it's own....basically equivalent to the difference in the trade. Most of the time, a dragon item is used as collateral for a cap and you use the gold for the difference. So, for a 14M deal, it would be a Dragon item + 4000001 in gold, then after completion of the trade, sell the Dragon item back for a cap. I suppose you could use a crafted Humania set as the basis (use the prevailing CS price as the "value" of the set) of the +Item, that way there is some safety in knowing that if the other person scams, you can buy back the set without a loss.

At least, that is how I've heard it being used most successfully.

The most important part of the +Item method is to agree on the value of the item(s) based on prevailing CS pricing.

I would offer to be the third party, and though I am broke and can safely handle a cap, I don't have the reputation in game that would merit trustworthiness - I would only trust those that have a Zillionaire title, but that's just me being cautious.

小孩子
08-29-2012, 02:34 AM

To be effective, the +Item must have significant value of it's own....basically equivalent to the difference in the trade. Most of the time, a dragon item is used as collateral for a cap and you use the gold for the difference. So, for a 14M deal, it would be a Dragon item + 4000001 in gold, then after completion of the trade, sell the Dragon item back for a cap. I suppose you could use a crafted Humania set as the basis (use the prevailing CS price as the "value" of the set) of the +Item, that way there is some safety in knowing that if the other person scams, you can buy back the set without a loss.

The most important part of the +Item method is to agree on the value of the item(s) based on prevailing CS pricing.

I would offer to be the third party, and though I am broke and can safely handle a cap, I don't have the reputation in game that would merit trustworthiness - I would only trust those that have a Zillionaire title, but that's just me being cautious.

99% of the pl population have Zillionaire as their title..

IMO best way to do overcap trades would be to have a well known middleman eg: GoA, AoA, Dev (although very unlikely to find one in game ready to be middleman), more Well known players etc etc.

However don't just ask any random you see, chances are that 90% of people will run off with the loot.. it's a sad truth but if they are given the chance they will run off with it.
i've seen it happen to many people that's why i personally never lend out items without an equal or greater deposit that ensures that i will never be disadvantaged.
With that being said it all boils down to who you trust.

Sim Jing
08-29-2012, 08:02 AM

IMO best way to do overcap trades would be to have a well known middleman eg: GoA, AoA, Dev (although very unlikely to find one in game ready to be middleman), more Well known players etc etc.

However don't just ask any random you see, chances are that 90% of people will run off with the loot.. it's a sad truth but if they are given the chance they will run off with it.
i've seen it happen to many people that's why i personally never lend out items without an equal or greater deposit that ensures that i will never be disadvantaged.
With that being said it all boils down to who you trust.

Or, you can just have fun and START TEAMKILLING YOUR TEAMMATES!

Just kidding! =D

Nevertheless, my idea for you is to just farm and enjoy your stay in Mount Fang. If Crapricon and I can get all 3 elite weapons, so can you farm and grab the dragon sets.

Good luck!

~Chiorocon~

EDIT: Oh hai there Hunzzz! 1 million plz? j/k! =3

TANKKAAR
08-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Or, you can just have fun and START TEAMKILLING YOUR TEAMMATES!

Just kidding! =D

Nevertheless, my idea for you is to just farm and enjoy your stay in Mount Fang. If Crapricon and I can get all 3 elite weapons, so can you farm and grab the dragon sets.

Good luck!

~Chiorocon~

EDIT: Oh hai there Hunzzz! 1 million plz? j/k! =3

Did you even read the original post?? what does what you just said have anything to do with anything?

Atw622
08-29-2012, 04:22 PM
In the case of the dragon set Can't you just trade the helm/armor seperately? For example: say you agree on 14il for the whole dragon set, then trade the helm first for 7 mil, followed by a seperate trade for the armor for the other 7 mil?

LwMark
08-29-2012, 04:36 PM
In the case of the dragon set Can't you just trade the helm/armor seperately? For example: say you agree on 14il for the whole dragon set, then trade the helm first for 7 mil, followed by a seperate trade for the armor for the other 7 mil?

Gl findin that price, right they go for more, like 25+ so thats y, an if u do it that way somw people say they buyin set mayb they only need helm an make u trade first,then they leave, then ur left with a piece

KingFu
08-29-2012, 05:33 PM

Zillionaire title doesn't mean anything. Anyone can achieve it with some plat, and by pming a friend "Can I borrow max cash for zillionaire title?"

Energizeric
08-29-2012, 06:43 PM
There's ways you can obtain dragon sets without having to trust someone with your gold. For example, you can trade up. Start buy buying gold set, then trade up to green, blue, red, etc. Or include other gear. For example, if we agree on a price of 15m, I can give you 9m plus a demonic mace set, then you sell mace set back for 6m. Very easy if you have a nice inventory of items to work with.

Whirlzap
08-29-2012, 07:23 PM

That is true.
It's also plausible that at least 50% of that 99% didn't even earn the title on their own.

On topic,
I also think it's time they raised the gold cap.
This would solve all the over gold cap trades and problems/issues that come up.

Cobraguy
08-29-2012, 11:43 PM
That is true.
It's also plausible that at least 50% of that 99% didn't even earn the title on their own.

On topic,

This was supposed to be addressed a while ago iirc.

小孩子
08-30-2012, 04:12 AM
That is true.

On topic,

80%...

And i doubt they'll rise the cap since the only reason for a cap rise would be for dragon items.
Just seems useless @.@