PDA

View Full Version : Best gear and build for lvl 70 bear to solo Vlod

lilweezy
08-28-2012, 12:06 AM
I know I know... its so much easier with a party but sometimes its hard to get people to join.

Has any bear been able to successfully do solo Vlod runs (with or without elixir)?

What gear / stats do you recommend? :black_eyed:

JaytB
08-28-2012, 12:30 AM
If you're going to solo him without roids, my guess is that a sand walker (str) set would be your safest bet. You'd need protection to survive his nasty attack. It will take you quite some time without elix to kill him though.

With trashers, Sand skippers (dex) set would be easiest to kill him IMO (decent dodge, armor, dmg and range). Make sure you keep enough distance right before he pulls you towards him (which shouldn't be a problem with the faster walk speed that trashers provides).

160str rest dex would be a valid build.

I haven't solo'ed him because I usually have at least some people who join in, so the above are just my guesses :)

Drekkthar
08-28-2012, 12:38 AM
I know I know... its so much easier with a party but sometimes its hard to get people to join.

Has any bear been able to successfully do solo Vlod runs (with or without elixir)?

What gear / stats do you recommend? :black_eyed:

Umm i thought whole reason to do Vlod is so eeryone get drops? If you are solo just do the other bosses. If you insist on soloing vlod then what Ikungfupanda, Jay said is correct.

Bebsi
08-28-2012, 01:46 AM
With thrashers even demonic xbow set will do.
Just kite him, I soloed him a lot with my toon 'Autobear'. Sometimes he would onehit kill u tho and sometimes u won't even get a scratch.

Without thrasher, same tactic but u need to be more patient and use more pots.

Chivalrous
08-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Panda is right 160 on str rest dex for dodge and make sure u have the crafted tiki crusher set, its possible to do with out elixer but will take a while(bring lots of pots)
You can also do with thrasher and it will go alot faster but u still have to bring pots regardless of "roids"@panda

Have also done with full dex bird with angel gear

Griffinfan
08-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Umm i thought whole reason to do Vlod is so eeryone get drops? If you are solo just do the other bosses. If you insist on soloing vlod then what Ikungfupanda, Jay said is correct.

The reason people like to farm vlod is because everyone in the party will get a drop. That is not so with the other bosses. You may get 1 drop (in a party of 5) or even nothing from the other 4 bosses. So even if you solo him, hes the only boss worth farming.

Energizeric
08-28-2012, 12:28 PM
I have the build and gear they are suggesting and let me just stop you here..... You cannot solo vlod. Even if you bring 300 health pots and spam them the whole time, he will still kill you as you cannot spam the health pots fast enough to stay alive. Plus you will not inflict enough damage. Even on a thrasher it is tough to solo him and you will die most of the time. Now if you have a mage who can buff you and just stay back and spam heal you, and you also spam pots, then you may have a chance.

CrimsonTider
08-28-2012, 12:46 PM
I have the build and gear they are suggesting and let me just stop you here..... You cannot solo vlod. Even if you bring 300 health pots and spam them the whole time, he will still kill you as you cannot spam the health pots fast enough to stay alive. Plus you will not inflict enough damage. Even on a thrasher it is tough to solo him and you will die most of the time. Now if you have a mage who can buff you and just stay back and spam heal you, and you also spam pots, then you may have a chance.

I beg to differ. I have soloed Vlod many times when (A) I am bored and (2) my team dies and I am the only one left standing.

I have 165 str (to equip Swordfish) and 194 dex. I can solo him using any combination of the Crafter Sand Walker set: Crusher, 2h Scimitar, or Swordfish.) Make sure you also load up on health pots.

My strategy is simple: get right in his face and beat the poo-poo outta him. Make sure to save beckon for when his minions get close to sling them away. It will take a while but it is definitely do-able.

Good luck!

Bebsi
08-28-2012, 02:50 PM
You cannot solo vlod... Even on a thrasher it is tough to solo him and you will die most of the time.

Lol.. It is possible to solo him. Don't scare others.

@crimson
No need for slinging the mages around.
U just shoot at one of them at the beginning then they come after u.
Beckon them to the wall and get rid of them before u approach vlod.

CrimsonTider
08-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Lol.. It is possible to solo him. Don't scare others.

@crimson
No need for slinging the mages around.
U just shoot at one of them at the beginning then they come after u.
Beckon them to the wall and get rid of them before u approach vlod.

I am a bear. I don't "shoot" unless I am powerleveling a guildie in lower levels. I always have a mace/sword/fish in hand. ;)

Energizeric
08-28-2012, 03:50 PM
I beg to differ. I have soloed Vlod many times when (A) I am bored and (2) my team dies and I am the only one left standing.

I have 165 str (to equip Swordfish) and 194 dex. I can solo him using any combination of the Crafter Sand Walker set: Crusher, 2h Scimitar, or Swordfish.) Make sure you also load up on health pots.

My strategy is simple: get right in his face and beat the poo-poo outta him. Make sure to save beckon for when his minions get close to sling them away. It will take a while but it is definitely do-able.

Good luck!

I have the same build and same gear you are saying, but I always die. I'm not sure what I do wrong, but I just can't spam the health pots fast enough. I usually use at least 100 pots but then the game will have a slight lag and I'm dead even though I keep pressing the health pot button. It's like the game will only let me use so many health pots before it decides that I must take a small break. And if vlod hits me once I lose about 75% of my health, so can't take more than one hit before I use pots to heal.

CrimsonTider
08-28-2012, 03:59 PM
I have the same build and same gear you are saying, but I always die. I'm not sure what I do wrong, but I just can't spam the health pots fast enough. I usually use at least 100 pots but then the game will have a slight lag and I'm dead even though I keep pressing the health pot button. It's like the game will only let me use so many health pots before it decides that I must take a small break. And if vlod hits me once I lose about 75% of my health, so can't take more than one hit before I use pots to heal.

I pay close attention to the "smoke". When I see it come out, all I do is tap health pots. Kinda like when getting chomped on in Crypt.

Bebsi
08-28-2012, 05:59 PM
I am a bear. I don't "shoot" unless I am powerleveling a guildie in lower levels. I always have a mace/sword/fish in hand. ;)
Well, what a waste having dual spec and not using it :)

-lilithuglili
08-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Well, what a waste having dual spec and not using it :)lol..

ninjaduck
08-28-2012, 06:18 PM

Good luck!

Basically just hit him in the face with a fish.

JaytB
08-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Well, what a waste having dual spec and not using it :)

So, you're saying pure STR would be a better option? O.o

Bebsi
08-29-2012, 01:52 AM
So, you're saying pure STR would be a better option? O.o

No, i just think there is no need to sling the mages around.
They probably won't die and keep healing vlod until they are dead.
Use a bow for one shot than switch to ur str set, that's all.

JaytB
08-29-2012, 02:07 AM

You can just beckon one (12m range) and the rest of those mages will come automatically. No need for a bow ;)

Brave Sir Robin
08-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Yes, Jay is right. One funny thing is that although you can drag all mages with beckon, if you try the same with 'taunt' you can only drag 1 mage at a time! Possibly because mage AI tells them to help each other if one takes damage and taunt doesn't do any. Still, you would expect that taunt should do the job lol.

CrimsonTider
08-29-2012, 09:17 AM

To each his own. But after two "Crush" combo's, there are no more mages. Makes it easier to concentrate on Vlod.