PDA

View Full Version : Flash Version of Spacetime Games Available - We Would Love Your Feedback!

Samhayne
08-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Hey everyone,

Furthering Spacetime's goal to create ubiquitous gaming environments where players can play with anyone, anywhere, anytime, we have rolled out versions of the game that play in most any web browser. All you need is the Adobe Flash plugin. If you want to try out playing these non-Chrome versions, here are the links:

http://account.spacetimestudios.com/pocketlegends
http://account.spacetimestudios.com/starlegends
http://account.spacetimestudios.com/darklegends

Non-Chrome browsers default to Flash. If you are on the Chrome browser, it will default to playing the Chrome version.

If you have feedback about these new Flash versions of the game, we would love to hear it. Post your thoughts here or write us an email to support@spacetimestudios.com. Thanks!

Cahaun
08-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Nice :]

Mitchturbo
08-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Awesome! So ~A~ Was Right! :-)

Skeletonlord
08-28-2012, 02:01 PM
So with this you can play the chrome version on any web browser? I dont quite understand to be quite honest.

Edit: Ive loaded Pocket Legends up on internet explorer and when you try to type in (@), it comes up with (''). This means I cannot log in.

Cahaun
08-28-2012, 02:03 PM
So with this you can play the chrome version on any web browser? I dont quite understand to be quite honest.
Yup just need the Flash Player :)

Bilaxman
08-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Great news! I like safari better than chrome lol :)

Skeletonlord
08-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Great news! I like safari better than chrome lol :)

Chrome runs much faster probably. Beat that!

drewcapu
08-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Does this mean STS games could possibly be showing up on kongregate?
(and facebook?)

Seiyen
08-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Yep it works :)

Bilaxman
08-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Chrome runs much faster probably. Beat that!

I'm on a Mac and safari is pretty fast :)

Skeletonlord
08-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Does this mean STS games could possibly be showing up on kongregate?
(and facebook?)

If that was he case It would be amazing. If STS is expanding to flash versions then there is potential to have different game websites versions of the game. I would also love to see a Facebook version. That would be epic!

n00b13st
08-28-2012, 02:52 PM
NICE!!! +1000!

Don't really care if it is on FB (the ads there bug me) but that sure wouldn't hurt their player population size.

Snakespeare
08-28-2012, 03:19 PM
I tried to load DL on my PC using Firefox. This is the same PC that will not allow me to load DL on Chrome because of the video card. It was stuck on "Contacting Server..." for about 10 minutes (time enough to go to the cafeteria to mic my lunch and talk baseball), so I don't think it will work on this equipment, still.

ninjaduck
08-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Awesome o_O

Samhayne
08-28-2012, 03:27 PM
:sorrow:

Which device is that Urqui? If it's an Android device, you're probably better off playing the Android app :)

Samhayne
08-28-2012, 03:28 PM
I tried to load DL on my PC using Firefox. This is the same PC that will not allow me to load DL on Chrome because of the video card. It was stuck on "Contacting Server..." for about 10 minutes (time enough to go to the cafeteria to mic my lunch and talk baseball), so I don't think it will work on this equipment, still.

Stuck on "contacting server" sounds like you are on a network (at work perhaps?) with extra ports closed off that the client needs to communicate to the game server.

Snakespeare
08-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Stuck on "contacting server" sounds like you are on a network (at work perhaps?) with extra ports closed off that the client needs to communicate to the game server.

Ah, good point. No wonder my laptop won't get to the game when I am at work, but it can do it at home!

Skeletonlord
08-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Sam I can't play on Internet explorer. I load up the client on the website, and try entering my email. As I type the @ symbol, a different symbol comes up instead. The symbol is ".

Aaroniero Arruruerie
08-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Personally I think flash is cheap, but it would be good for the chromophobes out there, so yeah, I'm game :)

Don't try to play it on flash for your phone yo, it would overheat and kill your battery like never before.

Cephei
08-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Wow so that means i can play PL,SL,DL (soon AL) in Firefox or Opera?
If yes, this is AWESOME :)))

BEARNASTY
08-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Horrible horrible lag.... need to update or figure something out. Stay on chrome guys. No graphics card is gonna even fix the situation..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

~A~
08-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Awesome! So ~A~ Was Right! :-)Yes...Yes i was :)

~A~
08-28-2012, 04:13 PM
:sorrow:

Which device is that Urqui? If it's an Android device, you're probably better off playing the Android app :)lol sam, after looking @ the ui i can tell its ios but he has airplane mode and wifi on at the same time??? WHAT?!?!?!?

JaytB
08-28-2012, 04:27 PM
lol sam, after looking @ the ui i can tell its ios but he has airplane mode and wifi on at the same time??? WHAT?!?!?!?

Like this?

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/B47DA4C9-794A-4936-AE52-DD565EAA3107-7082-000003E14A3CC21A.jpg

Zeus
08-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Sam, I got some pretty gnarly specs on both my laptop and iMac (well for Mac at least) and it seems this flash bashed version IS A LOT laggier, buggier, and not the liquid smooth PL I'm used to playing.

~A~
08-28-2012, 04:57 PM
lol sam, after looking @ the ui i can tell its ios but he has airplane mode and wifi on at the same time??? WHAT?!?!?!?

Like this?

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/B47DA4C9-794A-4936-AE52-DD565EAA3107-7082-000003E14A3CC21A.jpglol I sense a jailbreak

n00b13st
08-28-2012, 05:33 PM

I do that all the time on my tablet at home - I want to be completely certain the game connection is going over WiFi and not the mobile network (where the bandwidth is fine but the ping/lag is awful.)

McBain
08-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Takes forever and a day to load, and gameplay is very choppy. Aspect ratio is a little off. This was using the most up-to-date Firefox (version 15) over wifi.

JaytB
08-29-2012, 03:33 AM
I just tried it, can't even manage to enter my E-mail address. My keyboard seems messed up (using AZERTY kb) and I can't find the '@' symbol on it O.o

I'll try a little more in a bit..

Skeletonlord
08-29-2012, 03:38 AM
I just tried it, can't even manage to enter my E-mail address. My keyboard seems messed up (using AZERTY kb) and I can't find the '@' symbol on it O.o

I'll try a little more in a bit..

That's the problem I am having. I can't enter the @ symbol.

JaytB
08-29-2012, 03:45 AM

I tried both IE and Firefox, can't copy/paste my E-mail or enter that darn '@' symbol either :/

edit: also tried using ASCII code and assigning the @ symbol to a mouse button, still can't enter that '@' symbol in the E-mail field

Skeletonlord
08-29-2012, 04:08 AM
Until this is fixed we might as well use Google Chrome or the app store/googleplay versions.

HunterSLAYER
08-29-2012, 07:11 AM
Time to try it on my Transformer prime running ICS with flash installed lol.

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

bronislav84
08-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Since my computer is broken all I can tell you is it doesn't work in the Android browser, and I do have Flash installed. If it worked, this would be a nice backup for people who can normally run the app but don't have the space to download it as an app.

Futumsh
08-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Since my computer is broken all I can tell you is it doesn't work in the Android browser, and I do have Flash installed. If it worked, this would be a nice backup for people who can normally run the app but don't have the space to download it as an app.

The flash version would take up more space than the app, just it would be in your browser cache instead.

Futumsh
08-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Until this is fixed we might as well use Google Chrome or the app store/googleplay versions.

If you can use the chrome version, you'll probably want to anyway, as it's substantially faster. I'm sure we'll improve it over time, but there's a large performance difference currently.

Futumsh
08-29-2012, 06:42 PM

I'm guessing it's a uk keyboard layout? Try shift-2 and see if that works.

JaytB
08-30-2012, 04:51 AM
I'm guessing it's a uk keyboard layout? Try shift-2 and see if that works.

That doesn't work. I've basically tried all keys on my keyboard with/without SHIFT/ALT/ALTGR. There's simply no '@' symbol to be found.

Edit: I'm using a Belgian keyboard layout (similar to French AZERTY). The '@' symbol is normally entered by pressing 'AltGr'+2

Skeletonlord
08-30-2012, 05:20 AM
I haven't tried shift and 2 yet, I will later. Yes, I am in the United Kingdom.

Futumsh
08-30-2012, 10:40 AM
The non-us keyboard problems should be fixed later today.

JaytB
08-30-2012, 11:07 AM

Cool! Thx for the update :)

Not that I'll ever really play in a browser, but would really like to see how it runs in Flash :D

Skeletonlord
08-31-2012, 04:59 AM

Awesome news! Thank you for posting! Looking forward to playing the flash version!

Edit : The server is not very responsive running on Flash. I managed to use the @ symbol to log in! When you press on something, it takes a second or two to go on to that thing. For example, say I am trading with someone. I go to press "trade" and it takes a couple of seconds to go to the trade window.

JaytB
08-31-2012, 06:14 AM
It seems to work here now too and I managed to log on.

I had to same thing as Skel mentioned above. The very first time I want to check someone's inspect page or access CS for example, the game seems to pauze for a couple of seconds. The weird thing is that it only seems to happen the very first time you try one of the actions metioned above. After that, it works really smooth. I tried running a dungeon and it also was surprisingly smooth.

So basically, the only things was the choppiness for specific actions right after logging in, but that seems to solve itself after performing some actions.

I tried it on a Win7 PC with 3.6Ghz Quad-core CPU and fast graphics card. I used the latest version of Firefox, Flash and all up to date hardware drivers to try it out. Apart from to initial stuttering, it seems to run really smooth :)

bronislav84
09-02-2012, 12:02 AM
The flash version would take up more space than the app, just it would be in your browser cache instead.Ah, well then no point enabling it on mobile devices that can already run the app I guess. Thought it downloads to SD. Guess not. Thank you for the clarification.

Fudginator
10-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Hey Sam, when I used your link, it makes the game out of the border (the one that surrounds the game on PC) and it lags so much. I am connected via an Ethernet cable and i have a very fast signal.

Reggin
05-22-2013, 06:13 AM
Any chance a flash version for touch screen devices (Windows 8) is in the works? Using the keyboard on my surface pro is so annoying. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, as the only thing needed would be a touch enabled direction pad. All other buttons work fine on touch.

saroeun
07-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Thanks You

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Samhayne
10-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Unfortunately, the Flash version of the Legends games will be discontinued soon.

If you are using the Flash version, we would encourage you to transition to the Chrome version.