PDA

View Full Version : The archer seems to be pointless.

Royce
04-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Am I missing something, or is the archer much weaker and far less effective than the other classes? The only nice thing is that they can get out of the way while the more powerful characters do everything. I am currently morphing the archer into a warrior, and that will probably work pretty well once I can get some decent gear. But then what's the point? They really need a unique skill of some kind (enchantresses are better range already).

This is still a very cool game. I just think that needs to be fixed.

Splurd
04-20-2010, 09:03 PM
hahahaha.

You're joking, right?

no?

Well, archers are simply dps. High out put of damage, low survivability.

My archer with a repeating crossbow can snipe most monsters to death before they walk to me.
if you get a team of 5 archers with proper gear, you'll see how fast they can clear mobs. (at least untill they reach a boss and all get smacked around)

I know the warriors recently got a HUGE buff, so I think they are overpowered now, so I wont comment on them. >_>

Deathshock
04-20-2010, 09:06 PM
hahahaha.

You're joking, right?

no?

Well, archers are simply dps. High out put of damage, low survivability.

My archer with a repeating crossbow can snipe most monsters to death before they walk to me.
if you get a team of 5 archers with proper gear, you'll see how fast they can clear mobs. (at least untill they reach a boss and all get smacked around)

I know the warriors recently got a HUGE buff, so I think they are overpowered now, so I wont comment on them. >_>

Archers are pointless if the point of the game is to do absolutely nothing.

Royce
04-20-2010, 09:09 PM
I just started playing, so maybe I just haven't seen their good points yet. But I have tried all three classes up into the teens, and the archer just doesn't compete IMO (He will make a nice warrior though). I guess I have to wait until those additional weapon groups open up, or until some more tweaking occurs. Thanks for the response.

Noname
04-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Where with the warrior, you must take damage to give damage. A Archer can kill without being touched.

nerdherd
04-20-2010, 10:51 PM
I generally play my warrior, and I can definitely tell you that archers do far more damage than I do when we're playing together. Maybe you need to figure out which abilities to use or look for better gear?

maxvegas
04-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Am I missing something, or is the archer much weaker and far less effective than the other classes? The only nice thing is that they can get out of the way while the more powerful characters do everything. I am currently morphing the archer into a warrior, and that will probably work pretty well once I can get some decent gear. But then what's the point? They really need a unique skill of some kind (enchantresses are better range already).

oh boy…xp that was funny

Splurd
04-21-2010, 02:07 AM
Achers have plenty of points. They are attached to little pieces of wood called arrows and I'm more then glad to share them with you. Pointy end first.

hh83917
04-21-2010, 02:50 AM
Warrior is kind of the pointless one when the game first released. They cannot do much damage and cannot tank well. And I remembered most party I was in before were Enchantresses and archers. They just recently fix the warrior to make them stronger and more durable.
Archers are mainly damage oriented if you have it well equipped and speced correctly.
Enchantress are a bit weaker than the archers damage-wise and relies on MP a a lot, but are more of a supporting character with heals/buffs. That doesn't mean they cannot nuke the hell out of the mobs, but you just have to be more careful playing them. Even a little Cure magic can attract mobs from far away. I've seen many enchantresses died that way.
I felt getting an archer well equipped is easier than getting an enchantress well equipped. You have to have some rare and nice armor/weapons with +MP/s to be able to use your MP profusely. If not, you will find yourself drinking a lot of MP potions.

If you have been in an all archer party, you'll find they kill as they run through the dungeons without stopping.
The main thing for archer is you need a high DPS weapon. Get a nice heavy crossbow and you'll be set.
Also, archers get wealthy easily and quickly because they don't get hit much and thus gathered a lot of money at higher level...

Splurd
04-21-2010, 03:03 AM
Warrior is kind of the pointless one when the game first released. They cannot do much damage and cannot tank well. And I remembered most party I was in before were Enchantresses and archers. They just recently fix the warrior to make them stronger and more durable.
Archers are mainly damage oriented if you have it well equipped and speced correctly.
Enchantress are a bit weaker than the archers damage-wise and relies on MP a a lot, but are more of a supporting character with heals/buffs. That doesn't mean they cannot nuke the hell out of the mobs, but you just have to be more careful playing them. Even a little Cure magic can attract mobs from far away. I've seen many enchantresses died that way.
I felt getting an archer well equipped is easier than getting an enchantress well equipped. You have to have some rare and nice armor/weapons with +MP/s to be able to use your MP profusely. If not, you will find yourself drinking a lot of MP potions.

If you have been in an all archer party, you'll find they kill as they run through the dungeons without stopping.
The main thing for archer is you need a high DPS weapon. Get a nice heavy crossbow and you'll be set.
Also, archers get wealthy easily and quickly because they don't get hit much and thus gathered a lot of money at higher level...

Actually archers have a skill which gives 70mp. So MP is not an issue.

iNFaMous
04-21-2010, 03:54 AM
hh is correct, 5 Well equippd Archers Rarely stop moving while they go through a dungeon, and they are still easily the strongest character.

Even though my main is warrior I am fine with this, all the characters have their roles and they are moderately balanced as is.

nathanyc
04-21-2010, 04:07 AM
Lol max and loso.. our 1min 3 archer runs

Azrael
04-21-2010, 04:28 AM
hh is correct, 5 Well equippd Archers Rarely stop moving while they go through a dungeon, and they are still easily the strongest character.

Even though my main is warrior I am fine with this, all the characters have their roles and they are moderately balanced as is.

Actually warriors are stronger at soloing Lost Expedition than Archers post patch, and can put out approximately the same dps with the 2h for the itunes store if done correctly, but archers still do huge damage. (A group of 5 warriors would be just as fast if they know how to dps with their class)

As for the OP... hilarious

nathanyc
04-21-2010, 04:45 AM
Actually warriors are stronger at soloing Lost Expedition than Archers post patch, and can put out approximately the same dps with the 2h for the itunes store if done correctly, but archers still do huge damage. (A group of 5 warriors would be just as fast if they know how to dps with their class)

yea the only difference is, as an archer you dont have to run towards a mob. even with beckon sometimes the mob comes behind you or slightly away from you. a group of archers can just run and shoot through an instance.... blast shot combos with a 2nd or 3rd archer is pretty sweet.

so aside from having to run to a mob, i can agree with you :)

iNFaMous
04-21-2010, 04:51 AM

Yeah theyre blunt DPS is the same, but like i said Archers do not stop.
The running To a monster, Stomping and the Swinging actions are the time consumers

Splurd
04-21-2010, 04:51 AM
yea the only difference is, as an archer you dont have to run towards a mob. even with beckon sometimes the mob comes behind you or slightly away from you. a group of archers can just run and shoot through an instance.... blast shot combos with a 2nd or 3rd archer is pretty sweet.

so aside from having to run to a mob, i can agree with you :)

well, warriors may not kill as fast but they can tank far better now. so if I had to choose 5 warriors vs 5 archers, I'd go with the warriors. They might kill slower, but they wont die.

nathanyc
04-21-2010, 05:15 AM
those are some pretty terrible archers you are not choosing lol.

not to mention the massive of health / mana pots those warriors will be using

5 archers is a bundle of dps and crowd control (root / repulse shot/ even kiting)
i usually run with 2 other archers and thats enough dps and control to clear an instance easily and quickly

Dakuan
04-21-2010, 07:23 AM
Pointless or not, they're still the most fun to play . It's not always about "omgz i wan 2 be da best!".

Splurd
04-21-2010, 11:48 AM

5 archers is a bundle of dps and crowd control (root / repulse shot/ even kiting)
i usually run with 2 other archers and thats enough dps and control to clear an instance easily and quickly
At higher levels, warriors dont have hp potion problems, only mana potion problems. Their armour will be high enough to tank.

maxvegas
04-21-2010, 12:06 PM
lol is this thread still open ?

Splurd
04-21-2010, 12:22 PM
lol is this thread still open ?

shuss or my pointy archer shall point thee with pointy pointed arrows of pointyness.

nathanyc
04-21-2010, 12:44 PM
At higher levels, warriors dont have hp potion problems, only mana potion problems. Their armour will be high enough to tank.

ok fair enough, with the exception of that annoying lil bill

_ck
04-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Running around in dungeons with animals carrying weapons might also be pointless.

nathanyc
04-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Running around in dungeons with animals carrying weapons might also be pointless.

future pvp may be pointless as PETA may deem it as unethical treatment of animals

Loso
04-21-2010, 01:10 PM
This dude has to be out of his mind... ARCHER'S!... POINTLESS!... RIGHT. Tell me you just wanted something to say. LMAO... Wow! {Loso, Nyk and Maxvegas}... You must havent seen us in action.

maxvegas
04-21-2010, 02:15 PM
This dude has to be out of his mind... ARCHER'S!... POINTLESS!... RIGHT. Tell me you just wanted something to say. LMAO... Wow! {Loso, Nyk and Maxvegas}... You must havent seen us in action.

us three vs two of your war friends choose an instance and let's put it to the test, we'll be clearing mobs at light speed bros

nerdherd
04-21-2010, 02:36 PM
shuss or my pointy archer shall point thee with pointy pointed arrows of pointyness.
Haha, that got a laugh out of me :)

Loso
04-21-2010, 03:33 PM
us three vs two of your war friends choose an instance and let's put it to the test, we'll be clearing mobs at light speed bros
I like that Max. LOL

Esus
04-21-2010, 06:10 PM
The OP is just jealious of our Archers mad skills Loso and Max

Azrael
04-21-2010, 07:40 PM

Not so but i don't mean to be argumentative.

Basicly, groups of warriors and archers don't mix very well. What happens is your 2-3 archers hit the mobs before the warriors get to them, and the mobs start bouncing around and the warriors dont get a chance to unleash their dps. When you put 5 warriors together, everyone is moving at the same pace, and all the mobs are close to the warriors. if they bounce off, beckon solves the problem. The clear time ends up being the same. Secondly when warriors reach about 63-72 armor, the damage taken is negligible. Only bosses and trolls can really hurt the warriors enough for pots, but with iron blood and evasion, as well as super mega slash (or a war hammer) to stun lock the mobs, warrior groups go through very very few potions. So while the two classes don't mesh well together, separately they clear at about the same speed. Also there are several techniques for put out huge burst damage with warriors, so that together, even just 2-3 warriors can take down the highest level bosses in literally seconds.

Both classes are excellent, but unfortunately they do not work well together as dpsers. When one warrior simply decides to be crowd control the pairing works, but then again the archers don't really need it if there are more than 2 in a party.

maxvegas
04-21-2010, 08:22 PM
archer and warriors can play both fine together as long as people keep their place and jobs ,that's the difference between a good player and a noob.. Know your place , as an archer let the war agro and then...... RELEASE THE KRAKEN !!!!!

Hurs
04-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa... what?

Never thought I would see the day.

nathanyc
04-21-2010, 09:45 PM

Basicly, groups of warriors and archers don't mix very well. What happens is your 2-3 archers hit the mobs before the warriors get to them, and the mobs start bouncing around and the warriors dont get a chance to unleash their dps. When you put 5 warriors together, everyone is moving at the same pace, and all the mobs are close to the warriors. if they bounce off, beckon solves the problem. The clear time ends up being the same. Secondly when warriors reach about 63-72 armor, the damage taken is negligible. Only bosses and trolls can really hurt the warriors enough for pots, but with iron blood and evasion, as well as super mega slash (or a war hammer) to stun lock the mobs, warrior groups go through very very few potions. So while the two classes don't mesh well together, separately they clear at about the same speed. Also there are several techniques for put out huge burst damage with warriors, so that together, even just 2-3 warriors can take down the highest level bosses in literally seconds.

Both classes are excellent, but unfortunately they do not work well together as dpsers. When one warrior simply decides to be crowd control the pairing works, but then again the archers don't really need it if there are more than 2 in a party.

As stated before, you people play with some really bad archers that obviously have no idea how 'proper' damage should be dealt. I dont know about the ones you play with... but when i roll with these 2 on my warrior. they give me atleast 1 hit before they dps.. and i never lose aggro. Being a good archer is not just about how much you can dps and how quick you can dps something down... but being smart as well, knowing when to start dpsing and controlling it.

Azrael
04-21-2010, 10:08 PM
As stated before, you people play with some really bad archers that obviously have no idea how 'proper' damage should be dealt. I dont know about the ones you play with... but when i roll with these 2 on my warrior. they give me atleast 1 hit before they dps.. and i never lose aggro. Being a good archer is not just about how much you can dps and how quick you can dps something down... but being smart as well, knowing when to start dpsing and controlling it.

Well i cant speak for random archers i play with, But Archerman, Loso and Dizko know what they are doing and im basing those comments on that. Its not about if they are letting you tank or not, its about the fact that together 2-3 archers can kill anything before it gets to them anyway. Generally they don't need to let me get a hit first, cause with a full party they just insta kill everything except a boss. For bosses i take the boss to a corner generally and tank him, and they mop up everything else.

Splurd
04-22-2010, 12:10 AM

I think archers are better at dps because
1 ranged attacks mean no walking between targets. So you can easily kill everything with minimal time wastage walking to archers, mages, or even chests.

2 Blastshot is a ranged AoE, and does not knock monsters around. 2 blastshots is usually enough to kill most monsters.

Loso
04-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Azrael I love you post it's so true what you said... Thanks for noticeing the skills of true Archer's. It's also true what Maxvegas said; people need to know there place! If you guys want more kills just become an archer... Their's no need to debate what's the best Legend to choose from. It's simple the (Archer)...LOL, no seriously they all are good in thier on way people need to know thier role and everything will be fine.

roflchopter
04-22-2010, 09:04 AM
LOL at TC who thinks warriors are better than archers.

Wiilt
04-22-2010, 08:09 PM

Lol.....I feel offended.....the archers do have a weaker start if compared but trains better than the warrior

Banned
04-22-2010, 08:30 PM
I think I'm the only one that stills rolls dagger :p.

Splurd
04-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Lol.....I feel offended.....the archers do have a weaker start if compared but trains better than the warrior

actually archers are easier at the start and only at the last few dungeons start to suffer. (no tanking ability)

roflchopter
04-22-2010, 10:13 PM
I think I'm the only one that stills rolls dagger :p.

You probably ARE the only one who still rolls dagger :p... And I've got to ask... why still use dagger when you could be using a faster crossbow thats damage is twice as big?

Leviticus
04-25-2010, 11:01 AM
i used a dagger for like a minute, and then realized that i don't have enough HP to be fighting that close to sparky... lawlz :)

xfer
04-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Now banned has a kena setup! (Played with him earlier, and apparently, we got almost the same build!) =p

goatycoady
05-19-2010, 12:21 AM
ya i agree royce

Jaxan
05-19-2010, 07:28 AM
ya i agree royce

lolz, this post is a lil outdated (started back in April)

But I do think the archer class has lost some of it's luster since the release of Ancient Swamps and updates/patches.

Sayishere
05-19-2010, 10:20 AM
i havent played the ancient swamp yet so my info is probably outdated, been busy, but why is archer useless?

isnt archer the best single damage class? great roots knockback? break armour will be useful in pvp?

you could say enchantress can snare and root, but in pvp they should be healing..pure and simple, well unless theres like to many healers and theres overhealing going on, but all classes have a role

but my info could be outdated, havent played this game in a while

Jaxan
05-19-2010, 12:27 PM
i havent played the ancient swamp yet so my info is probably outdated, been busy, but why is archer useless?

isnt archer the best single damage class? great roots knockback? break armour will be useful in pvp?

you could say enchantress can snare and root, but in pvp they should be healing..pure and simple, well unless theres like to many healers and theres overhealing going on, but all classes have a role

but my info could be outdated, havent played this game in a while

I would never say archers are useless. I was mainly commenting on Goaty's "timely" response to this thread. The last post was 4/25 until Goaty's most recent post here.

Archer's has probably been the most played class in Pocket Legends. I have no numbers to back up that statement though, but from experience and playing, I noticed alot of birds early on. Probably because of the solo'ing strengths and high dps relative to the mobs hp pre-swamp. The release of swamps and balancing done by the PL dev team, has mitigated those strengths. In that, Swamps is not soloable (at least not in a timely fashion), mainly because the mobs hit harder and have alot more hp/armor.

Archer single-target DPS is still the best, but their contributions to a group doesn't have the same impact as a warrior or enchantress in Ancient Swamps, imho. I have no idea how PVP will impact any of the classes though. Should be fun and exciting.

Iambirdman
05-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Archers armor break ability if a great debuff which I think all archers should have, I mean with it I can take down the thoughest mob pretty quickly without getting hurt much, so archer isn't weak or pointless you just have to play it right, 3 archers 2 mages the quickest and easiest kills

MYBOWJERKS
05-19-2010, 06:09 PM
archers are the best class by far, youll see, root them, break their armor and watch the archers sexy dps do the talking.
warriors wont touch us and mages just suck

Endless
05-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Break Armor makes boss fights a lot shorter. And it's only going to get used more in PvP. Plus it's easier to get through the swamps with good cooperation with all three classes. 2 Archers 2 Mages and a Bear rolls like a freight train!

bopart
05-19-2010, 10:27 PM
I Defeated the king of pain without getting hurt and im just a level 27 archer!!!!!

Evante
05-20-2010, 10:55 PM
nice work = ) keep on lvling b4 the PVP

Sayishere
05-21-2010, 09:52 AM
if your talking about 1 on 1 then i would say archer may have the upper hand, the pvp will focus on group tactics thou i reckon, the right combination of classes will beat the other, if one side has a healer who doesnt heal, or a tank who dies like in 2 seconds its going to be alot harder

but i would say a full group of archers, now thats going to be funny

ratava
05-23-2010, 05:48 PM
You should be able to go pvp: 1v1 with password protected, I think... that should settle the score!

Actually, the Archer/Eagle is good value: "All" the usual tricks of rdps: Kiting, rooting and of course running away!