PDA

View Full Version : What is this

Encryptions
01-30-2023, 08:52 PM
Please, no more dull colors, no more clay colors. We are wanting neon colors that stick out or animal costume vanities (Not furry vanities) just stuff similar to cap cottontail, we want weapons that have runes on them that glow, gears that have unique effects. Auras need to stop with the pure dark color that rotates, look at the most expensive auras that are not lb. Luminary aura and the dark aura. They have the perfect color design which is why they are the most expensive. They are a shadowy effect and not some random design under your feet in a dark color. What would be a really nice aura is the death wages aura with out the rotating skulls but a slight increase on a black aura around the character with some extra black dots floating through the character. Cryostar hammer, ollerus weapon, old weapons have lightning. Immortal corruption aura, take the aura from the immortal corruption weapons increase the size and add it as an aura.
What is this vanity? In a valentines event?

Please add stuff like this.

leprereturningplayer
01-30-2023, 08:55 PM
+1 bring back the old designers or smthn

marsu4u
01-30-2023, 08:57 PM
+1 I would love to see more effects/aura on vanities similar to Cryostar weapons or Maul of Ollerus and the old Villi/Himi upgraded sets. More examples I can think of nice designs are the life thief daggers and Frankenstein Leaderboard armor and the imbued set.

Fahtsssss
01-30-2023, 08:57 PM
Omg Adventure Quest World.. I didn't know people knew about that game. Such an amazing game that's 2D but the thought and design they put into it is so amazing. I love that game lol

ign Kinnq

marsu4u
01-30-2023, 08:59 PM
I used to play AQW pre AL XD The designs in that game are insane!

Rasor
01-30-2023, 09:04 PM
+1 nostalgia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advocacies
01-30-2023, 09:35 PM
+1

Oh no it would break the game if you add design like this 1 shot any bossess with this vanity devs will not add this kind of OP vanity very broken vanity

snakeeyes
01-30-2023, 09:39 PM
+1 too good design and collor 👏

Mythocrisis
01-30-2023, 10:28 PM
To all of you going on about AQW, hear this out.

AQW is a 2D game and Yes, has some of the best designs a game has to offer.

The same Artix Entertainment that made aqw has made a 3D version called AQ3D, check that out.
It is highly lacklustre with the same designs.
Even the same studios can't replicate their OWN designs into their OWN 3D game.

So cut a little slack .

Also I agree with concept vanities as the OP recommended.

fofo391
01-30-2023, 11:12 PM
+1 for this

TheRealOGJohn
01-30-2023, 11:32 PM
Please, no more dull colors, no more clay colors. We are wanting neon colors that stick out or animal costume vanities (Not furry vanities) just stuff similar to cap cottontail, we want weapons that have runes on them that glow, gears that have unique effects. Auras need to stop with the pure dark color that rotates, look at the most expensive auras that are not lb. Luminary aura and the dark aura. They have the perfect color design which is why they are the most expensive. They are a shadowy effect and not some random design under your feet in a dark color. What would be a really nice aura is the death wages aura with out the rotating skulls but a slight increase on a black aura around the character with some extra black dots floating through the character. Cryostar hammer, ollerus weapon, old weapons have lightning. Immortal corruption aura, take the aura from weapons increase the size and add it as an aura.

So glad everyone else noticed because I seriously thought i was the only one. The legendary armor and epic armor looks way better than all the dull boring looking vanities we have been getting. It just feels like sts is just spitting on our faces at this point. No effort is being put into the vanities and they hype them up for nothing. Events are absolutely boring too. So hopefully they see this and make a change to the vanities and events

Ryu_evin
01-31-2023, 12:26 AM
+1
Need more effects on vanities...
Weapons especially.... Look plain

Although not vanity but Comparing kraken and 76 arc weapon looks. Kraken too plain.

If lb vanity, their looks must be worth the time spent on running lb

Sent from my RMX3081 using Tapatalk

AucResearcher
01-31-2023, 12:30 AM
Please, no more dull colors, no more clay colors. We are wanting neon colors that stick out or animal costume vanities (Not furry vanities) just stuff similar to cap cottontail, we want weapons that have runes on them that glow, gears that have unique effects. Auras need to stop with the pure dark color that rotates, look at the most expensive auras that are not lb. Luminary aura and the dark aura. They have the perfect color design which is why they are the most expensive. They are a shadowy effect and not some random design under your feet in a dark color. What would be a really nice aura is the death wages aura with out the rotating skulls but a slight increase on a black aura around the character with some extra black dots floating through the character. Cryostar hammer, ollerus weapon, old weapons have lightning. Immortal corruption aura, take the aura from weapons increase the size and add it as an aura.

Omg all the picture suggestions in this thread and all other thread before this look so frikking gooooodddd why they didnt design vanity like them omggggg

gunstick
01-31-2023, 12:44 AM
Literally, sts keep releasing vanities that don't even fit in the theme of the event.

And I really like to see some of these suggested vanities in events.

Sent from my RMX3381 using Tapatalk

Alexwwe
01-31-2023, 02:42 AM
+1 design like Encryptions, agree with him.

dangibg
01-31-2023, 03:32 AM
+1 but please if you are going to make vanities like this, make them lb rewards, sick of bad looking lb rewards

Cinco
01-31-2023, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

The event is "Lovecrafting" - and is partly inspired by Cthulhu. So this year half of the vanity offerings are gleeful and vibrant while the other half are grim and scary.

We'll talk internally about where we can work in some "glowy runes" stuff on future weapon designs. Glowy stuff isn't inherently thematic so it could feasibly show up anywhere :-)

Encryptions
01-31-2023, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

The event is "Lovecrafting" - and is partly inspired by Cthulhu. So this year half of the vanity offerings are gleeful and vibrant while the other half are grim and scary.

We'll talk internally about where we can work in some "glowy runes" stuff on future weapon designs. Glowy stuff isn't inherently thematic so it could feasibly show up anywhere :-)

Hoping to see some cool stuff in the future, the main issue isn't fully the vanity theme / build design its mostly the colors. Like the vanity could look a lot better if it used a better group of colors, we are just tired of the same "clay" colors put onto vanities.
Cthulhu vanity could have some cool moving tentacles on the face that drip a bright green slime onto the ground, the body could have some injury design like a chunk of skin taken out that has radioactive green goo oozing out, the steps could leave behind glowing footprints that last for about 3 seconds. "death stare" with purple eyes.

Oakmaiden
01-31-2023, 10:09 AM
I’m not so much into neon but yeah. As an example, Winter event Frost Fighter Armor was a beautiful design but the brown color kept me from it and several others. If you look at them in most towns/maps, they blend into the ground colors and have no pop.

Avaree
01-31-2023, 11:17 AM
Neon colors here and there are fine, but some of the colors in OP are too bright, adding chars auras will only brighten the effect to making it possibly too bright. Some talk about nostalgia, the starting out colors were simple but yet classic . Either way, anything is better than a recolored vanity (:

Encryptions
01-31-2023, 11:51 AM
Neon colors here and there are fine, but some of the colors in OP are too bright, adding chars auras will only brighten the effect to making it possibly too bright. Some talk about nostalgia, the starting out colors were simple but yet classic . Either way, anything is better than a recolored vanity (:

Imagine they took this purple wave effect from the immortal corruption weapons increased its effect size enough to be the size of a normal aura that flows through your character.

Alexwwe
01-31-2023, 12:52 PM
Would be cool

Oakmaiden
01-31-2023, 01:10 PM
Not too bright, used in moderation to highlight shoes, belts, hats, ect while the clothing is more matte.
I would like to coordinate with my pets.
Neon would be great in particular themes/items. Like the sixties tyedyed shirts or black light posters.

Lonewuff
01-31-2023, 01:27 PM
I think this game would benefit greatly (financially) if they would invest in a part time creative designer. Just someone who creates vanities for events, and can design a new pet here and there. Hats off to whoever created Drauger by the way. All these new vanities have nothing cool about them.

Avaree
01-31-2023, 02:10 PM
Imagine they took this purple wave effect from the immortal corruption weapons increased its effect size enough to be the size of a normal aura that flows through your character.

Purple wave type effect use on LB wings. Let’s see what the bracelet brings xD
Maybe more info could be released?

Cinco
01-31-2023, 02:34 PM
I think this game would benefit greatly (financially) if they would invest in a part time creative designer. Just someone who creates vanities for events, and can design a new pet here and there. Hats off to whoever created Drauger by the way. All these new vanities have nothing cool about them.

Same people.

All the stuff you love; all the stuff you hate... same folks :-)

Encryptions
01-31-2023, 02:46 PM
Same people.

All the stuff you love; all the stuff you hate... same folks :-)

What made you guys stop with the community design contests? It saves money, people get a chance at making their favorite vanity item, 10 out of 10 times the vanities selected are very good.
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?452774-Design-a-Vanity!-Goblin-Event-Vanity-Design-Contest-Contestants!

(https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?452774-Design-a-Vanity!-Goblin-Event-Vanity-Design-Contest-Contestants!)253091

Cinco
01-31-2023, 03:06 PM
What made you guys stop with the community design contests? It saves money, people get a chance at making their favorite vanity item, 10 out of 10 times the vanities selected are very good.
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?452774-Design-a-Vanity!-Goblin-Event-Vanity-Design-Contest-Contestants!

(https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?452774-Design-a-Vanity!-Goblin-Event-Vanity-Design-Contest-Contestants!)253091

Design contests are a ton of work for community and development personnel. They invariably stir up a huge amount of drama. Then when the contest closes we get an onslaught of crying about the winners and the selection process along with accusations of favoritism and allegations of vote-rigging. It can be a real mess.

Contests don't save any money. Costs are all about creating the actual usable game asset. Historically, creating player-suggested designs is more costly because the ideas themselves don't involve pipeline considerations. And then when we have to alter the designs to be feasible we upset the creator / winners and the supporters. That last Goblin design contest is actually a pretty good example of this.

So - food for thought.

Encryptions
01-31-2023, 03:27 PM
Design contests are a ton of work for community and development personnel. They invariably stir up a huge amount of drama. Then when the contest closes we get an onslaught of crying about the winners and the selection process along with accusations of favoritism and allegations of vote-rigging. It can be a real mess.

Contests don't save any money. Costs are all about creating the actual usable game asset. Historically, creating player-suggested designs is more costly because the ideas themselves don't involve pipeline considerations. And then when we have to alter the designs to be feasible we upset the creator / winners and the supporters. That last Goblin design contest is actually a pretty good example of this.

So - food for thought.

I see, stuff behind the scenes happens. All of the contests have been fair imo, the people who put in the most work are typically the ones who win.

I thought it would save money because you don't need to pay a designer to create vanities. They just take the winning designs and replicate them so that they work in the game. Players would be the ones to do the hard work imo which would be the ideas and drawings.

Cinco
01-31-2023, 03:31 PM
I thought it would save money because you don't need to pay a designer to create vanities. They just take the winning designs and replicate them so that they work in the game. Players would be the ones to do the hard work imo which would be the thoughts and drawings.

It's precisely the other way around. Hard work is the making. Ideas are obviously important but they're inherently cheap :-)

Encryptions
01-31-2023, 03:54 PM
It's precisely the other way around. Hard work is the making. Ideas are obviously important but they're inherently cheap :-)

A lot for me to explain how it works in my mind but someone should be paid more for being the original creator (Idea + Work) vs someone who took someone elses idea and turned it into something that works in the game. Which is where I would expect the money save to take place.
I do see things work as a completion pay instead of an hourly rate ofc, but its nice to know the full reason as to why player made vanity design contests stopped.
I do suggest maybe only allowing the biggest events of the year to have the tradeable lb vanities which are maybe player made. Easter, Winter, Halloween, and Valentines can be the 4 events that have tradeable lb vanities while the others can be untradeable. They don't have to be player made but atleast look nice.
I know you said you want way more tradeable lb items but if vanities keep turning out the way they are then lb items will just become another common item that has no true value. Lb items imo shouldn't flood in the economy.

Encryptions
01-31-2023, 04:06 PM
Here is the color palette that is used for a lot of vanities that have been recently made, there is no purple, blue, light green, pink, red, and other colors. Just orange, brown, silver, and white. Green is not used.

Ploid
01-31-2023, 04:25 PM
It's precisely the other way around. Hard work is the making. Ideas are obviously important but they're inherently cheap :-)Yeah, atleast 4 events in a year should have player-made vanities as lb rewards. The designs have been getting very dull recently.

How did we go from Medusa & Ice Golem to what we have today.

How after 10 years, the designs evolved backwards. Things are supposed to improve with time (better technologies and ideas)

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Avaree
01-31-2023, 04:46 PM
Yeah, atleast 4 events in a year should have player-made vanities as lb rewards. The designs have been getting very dull recently.

How did we go from Medusa & Ice Golem to what we have today.

How after 10 years, the designs evolved backwards. Things are supposed to improve with time (better technologies and ideas)

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

There have been many good vanities since Halloween 2014. Ofc they are not LB vanities, but take a look at the details (just to list a few) rog murky cuniculus hide, infernal sets, the rog vampire vanity, ashen mage set, harvester wings and harvester (all classes) vanity, the haunted bride doll armor, some of the auras have very detailed work.

|Ares|
01-31-2023, 07:20 PM
More unearthly, ghostly, visionary, sparkly, neon-contrast like vanities in the game. Armors, helmets, wings, backpacks, weapons - everything.

Oakmaiden
02-01-2023, 09:15 AM

Exactly what I told my boss! His cheap idea brought to life through my labors! If only every ceo in the world could read that statement! Not being salty just utterly amused..

Limped
02-01-2023, 10:14 AM
too kiddy but yea add some stuffs but not like this

Wortwechsel
02-02-2023, 10:41 AM
Hoping to see some cool stuff in the future, the main issue isn't fully the vanity theme / build design its mostly the colors. Like the vanity could look a lot better if it used a better group of colors, we are just tired of the same "clay" colors put onto vanities.
Cthulhu vanity could have some cool moving tentacles on the face that drip a bright green slime onto the ground, the body could have some injury design like a chunk of skin taken out that has radioactive green goo oozing out, the steps could leave behind glowing footprints that last for about 3 seconds. "death stare" with purple eyes.

+111111111111

Wortwechsel

Eliteuser
02-03-2023, 03:19 AM
wow I have missed playing aqw lmao :miserable:

worldwide309
02-05-2023, 10:30 AM
Sad they made the colors so muted and murky. Doesn't feel like a valentines event with the lack of vanities

ItsTheCat
02-10-2023, 11:21 AM
Yeh even I’ll have too +1 this
Maybe not neon but pastels and effects is what we want

Glowing effects
Immortal corruption effects
Gold sparkly

xSleepy
03-25-2023, 03:55 PM
I guess im the only one that likes this vanity xD
all love though :)

gracefxl