PDA

View Full Version : Noob questions on the spacetime games

Micul
08-29-2012, 12:08 PM
I am looking for a new mobile mmo to play and I've come across the games made by Spacetime Studios. I like the idea of having a game playable on Android and iOS devices as well as the Chrome browser, but of the three (PL,SL,DL) I dont know which is right for me. I hate to get too invested into a game only to realize that I should have started in a different one, so perhaps someone here can answer some of my questions. I also realize, it may only be possible for those that have played all three games to answer these questions.

-How is the pvp in these games? All I really care about is the ability to duel someone. I dont need war everywhere I turn, but I prefer the dueling to me more complicated than point and click. It would also be nice to see some pvp stats server wide.

-If there is any actual type of guild/clan wars in any of these games? If so can someone explain what that is like?

-How do the game populations compare? My guess is that PL is by far the most populated, but is there a noticable difference?

-Are all of these games real time? If I log out my character, will he in the exact same spot when I log back in?

-Are any of the games instance based? Or is it a free roaming world....in other words, wherever you go, I can find you by going to that particular dungeon/area.

-How often do these games see updates that are meant to add features/improve gameplay?

-Will the new game (Arcane Legends) differ greatly from these in any way?

-For that matter, do any of these games stick out from the others in any way? (i.e. one is meant for pvp, one is meant for large group pve)

Zeus
08-29-2012, 12:29 PM
1. PvP in this game is pretty fun, although it can be luck based until you fully understand your class. The combat triangle is like this, for end game: Mage>Bird, Bird>Bear, Bear>Mage

However! If you know your classes exceptionally well, your class can dominate pretty much all the classes.

In PvP, Mages have the most damage, as when fully buffed at end game, while wearing the correct gear, have over a 100 percent chance to critical hit. This means VERY high damage if you're able to break through dodge.

Birds are the debuffs machine. They can debuff stats GREATLY and are known for their speed. While mage spells have a slight delay before impact, a bird's arrows are instant!

Bears are the tanks. They only have one 12mm skill called Beckon to bring the opponent in close so they can use their skills (all their skills are melee). Don't let this scare you away from them though, as they are TANKS. They can withstand incredible damage, pin enemies & beat them to death.

2. If you mean PvP wars, no. The max a PvP game can hold is 5v5.

3. No, your character always begins from the log in menu each and every time he logs in. It is real time in the sense that the MMO doesn't "freeze" when you log out.

4. It's a combination of instance based or a free roaming world. You can walk from town to town or jump from town to town using instances.

5. There are updates regularly, every 1-3 weeks. Devs are EXTREMELY active and sincere in this game, they really care about their customers! :)

6. It's kinda like a combination of PL and some things from other games. There isn't really much information released on that as of yet.

7. No, they are just different themes/items/slightly different play styles. If you like face paced, I suggest you go for PL. If you're more of a graphics based guy, I suggest DL or SL.

If you need any help with picking a class or learning about your class, feel free to shoot me a PM.

SL PvP:

SL PvP is also pretty fun! Engineers, which are like Mages in PL, are most known for their constant heals and slow damage over time spells. Commandos, which are like bears, are tanks with close range skills. They can take incredible damage as well as dish out incredible damage, provided you know how to play the class. Operatives are for people who like fast kills. They are the damage dealing class, being able to dish out damage CRAZY fast & avoid some attacks with their short dodge buffs. Operatives are relatively fragile though, so kiting is needed when playing them.

Apologies, but I can't help you with DL PvP, I haven't had the time to play all three games at once.

trunzoc
08-29-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm only speaking for PL when I say...

-How is the pvp in these games? All I really care about is the ability to duel someone. I dont need war everywhere I turn, but I prefer the dueling to me more complicated than point and click. It would also be nice to see some pvp stats server wide.
PVP tends to be dominated by certain classes at certain levels. It's not just point and click, skill does play a part, but some classes are dominant at different stages.

Also there is no absolute way to have a duel. Some instances are 3v3, and mature players will respect a request for 1v1, but you can't avoid ppl that just rush anyone and everyone any chance they get. You CAN lock games so you can keep people like that out. There are leaderboards so you can see who's the best, but the game is so old, there is really no chance of breaking into them at this point.

-If there is any actual type of guild/clan wars in any of these games? If so can someone explain what that is like?
No guild warfare system

-Are all of these games real time? If I log out my character, will he in the exact same spot when I log back in?
They are real time, things happen while you are not logged in. So if you leave the game, when you come back, you start over in a town, not in an instance of a dungeon that you left.

-Are any of the games instance based? Or is it a free roaming world....in other words, wherever you go, I can find you by going to that particular dungeon/area.
Yes. Instance based. PvE dungeons all have 5 spots. So as long as a spot is open, you can join a friend in that dungeon.

-How often do these games see updates that are meant to add features/improve gameplay?
Frequently. Every few months there is a new expansion. There is usually some sub-content added in the interim

-Will the new game (Arcane Legends) differ greatly from these in any way?
No idea

-For that matter, do any of these games stick out from the others in any way? (i.e. one is meant for pvp, one is meant for large group pve)

YYZ????
08-29-2012, 08:07 PM
All 3 games are free to play. Give each one a little trial run. Don't spend to much Money on any until you find which one suits you the best. Another thing you may want to consider is the maturity of each game. PL for example has been around almost 2.5 years. Therefore the lvl cap is much higher (71). In PL there are also many more maps, quests, gear choices etc. DL has been out less than a year so lvl cap just hit 31. You may find it easier to fit into the game because it is so new. I tried but no longer play SL so cannot comment much about it. Whichever you choose, good luck & have fun!!

tHelonestud
08-29-2012, 08:25 PM
yeh definitely noob questions

Patricks
08-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Lets be honest, PL is PVE for most players

DL is best for PVP. IMHO.

KingFu
08-29-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm waiting it out for AL. Gonna be more PvP oriented.

Cahaun
08-29-2012, 10:02 PM
DL is where the best pvp is at (psst All the players there are FFA rushers! I LOVE IT!)

SL is my side of the games and I'll be happy to answer any of your questions you have while you look around the Sci-Fi galaxy in which the UCS Blackstar is currently positioned.

Need help? Find your nearest Ambassador of Blackstar or friend request my Toons so you can catch me in game:

Abekrie
Cahaun
Raasasa
Hiokafie
Looneytoon

thecrankybearsam
08-29-2012, 10:02 PM
First off, if you like PvP, you should definetley try out DL. DL also includes Capture the flag, and it aint ad hard to kill people in DL as it is in PL and SL.
Secondly, you CAN join a clan, and you CAN do clan wars. Not alot of people do it, but you'll just have to join a clan and ask another certain clan and 5 of you from each guild can battle eachother.
Thirdly, youre right. PL is what started it all and it has, what, 20 MILLION players now? Very fun fantasy game.
Quadrupely (lol) When you log back in to any of the games, and press continue, yes you will still be at the same level.
Fifthly (now i'm just making that stuff up << You can find people by adding them to your friends list and you can join whatever town or dungeon theyre in (only can join dungeon if same level range)
Sixthly, more often events than gameplay, like expansions and stuff. But you never know what Spacetime has up their arsenal.
Seventhly, Mmm well Ive heard it's goin to be very different and awesome, so i think so
Lastly, all the games have the same goal, but just different storylines
Glad I could help ya, pm me if you want to know anything else

Cahaun
08-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Quadrupley? Lol :p

Frealaf
08-30-2012, 12:19 PM
20 million players? Are you sure about that? lol

As for the answers I don't PVP and only just started. So from a newbie perspective. PL I got to level 23 in about 3 or 4 nights, seemed quite easy, alot more players even at the lower levels, the forgotten treasures did help for a leveling from 10-15 very quick, and the forgotten weapons seem very powerful. Gold is easy to come by but not sure on the price of items/weapons as I have only bought health packs so far.
SL I have been playing just slightly longer and only just got to level 19 but the level cap is only 41 not 71 as in PL. Making money seems alot harder, also leveling seems to take longer, which probably isn't helped by the fact there isn't as many people around in dungeons from around level 10 to my current level. Also killing things seems to take a lot longer, and I've died alot more in SL than PL, am playing the DPS class in both games.

I think I prefer SL and going to stick without a bit longer, but am really waiting for AL to come out.

Neither game is free roaming as in other MMO's, but in PL you can walk from one area to another but it still goes through instances to get there so apart from being more realistic/xp runs there isn't much point, and in both games you can immediately teleport to any town, quest objective or dungeon from the menu.

The games arn't real time as in your example. I've noticed that if I log out whilst in a town, when I log back in I will join in the last dungeon (a new instance of it) I played rather than the town I was at, not too much of a problem as I can instantly go back to the town, but a slight annoyance. Also you always join the town in the same place, so if you log out near a certain place/vendor whatever when you log back in you will be back at the log in point, not where you specifically logged out as in other MMO's.

The games seem to be updated (bug fixes) quite often looking at the announcements pages and as for expansions, PL seems to have had a few updates with a level cap to 71 only a few months ago and talk of a new level cap very soon. Whereas SL hasn't had a level cap raise in a year but is getting one within the next week or so.