PDA

View Full Version : Level31! Cara pls see!!!!!!!

Cheah
08-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Seriously those already lvel31 stay as they are?!?!?
Kinda unfair and pissed me off....
They level from 30 to 31 with only 1.7k exp bc of the glitch.
Now with the update patch....we need 17.6k exp.
If those cap toons stay at 31......then this new content update really suck big time.
Pls look into it.
Thanks cara

Rare
08-29-2012, 12:38 PM
First of all... not sure why it upsets you that they capped due to a bug. It doesn't affect you in any way.

You knew going in it was going to be a grind. So why hate on people that ran into a glitch. Its not like its something they exploited.

There is no second of all.

Lowlyspy
08-29-2012, 12:45 PM
If they hit the cap without running the appropriate amount of xp, it is exploiting a glitch. Imo, they should be reverted to 30 with the 1.7k they grinded.

Rare
08-29-2012, 12:51 PM
If they hit the cap without running the appropriate amount of xp, it is exploiting a glitch. Imo, they should be reverted to 30 with the 1.7k they grinded.

Its not exploiting a glitch if you are just playing.

They played the game normally. It just so happens that the xp scaling was wrong. Unless you're suggesting they should have put the game down and stopped playing. Or exited before stepping on the glyph? That is not exploiting anything.

Of course, I don't know anything about the bug myself, only what I read.

Growwle
08-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Seriously those already lvel31 stay as they are?!?!?
Kinda unfair and pissed me off....
They level from 30 to 31 with only 1.7k exp bc of the glitch.
Now with the update patch....we need 17.6k exp.
If those cap toons stay at 31......then this new content update really suck big time.
Pls look into it.
Thanks cara

They may have bought their xp with plat, which is still viable as far as I know.

Lowlyspy
08-29-2012, 12:55 PM
They had the advantage of only having to run 1/10 of what everyone was meant to run. They knew the amount they were grinding was far too low. Yes, the right thing to do would have been to stop grinding, in not doing so they knowingly exploited a glitch.

Rare
08-29-2012, 12:58 PM
They had the advantage of only having to run 1/10 of what everyone was meant to run. They knew the amount they were grinding was far too low. Yes, the right thing to do would have been to stop grinding, in not doing so they knowingly exploited a glitch.

Ehhh... We'll have to agree to disagree. This was not a glitch. It was a bug in the algorithm. And they didn't exploit it. They played the game normally.

In any case, asking for something to be taken away from someone just because you can't have it is quite childish. I say... let them keep it. And fix the bug. No harm done.

Btw, was there a post somewhere that said how much experience it would take to grind to 31? I didn't see it. Far as I know, it was only assumptions.

Lowlyspy
08-29-2012, 01:05 PM
But i want to disagree about your agreeing to disagree agreeably! >8D

How am i asking them to take away something i can't have? I have the capability to hit 31, and i plan to. I do not agree with people getting the advantage of doing 1/10 the xp i have to do simply because they exploited a glitch.

If anything i'd say reverting to 30 with 1.7k is the nice solution, exploiting glitches is usually banzor worthy.

Rare
08-29-2012, 01:10 PM
But i want to disagree about your agreeing to disagree agreeably! >8D

How am i asking them to take away something i can't have? I have the capability to hit 31, and i plan to. I do not agree with people getting the advantage of doing 1/10 the xp i have to do simply because they exploited a glitch.

If anything i'd say reverting to 30 with 1.7k is the nice solution, exploiting glitches is usually banzor worthy.

Well, the key we disagree on is whether or not it was exploiting a glitch. I don't think it was.

Lowlyspy
08-29-2012, 01:11 PM
You said it was a glitch yourself ._.

octavos
08-29-2012, 01:15 PM
This can be easly fixed since its done by % people who are at cap need to level a bit more after cara fixes it. So no harm is done.

Unless ppl stash there pet XD

I'm Siri
08-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Fair game play is no one take any advantage of glitch/exploited or whatsoever...
If it does...someone or somebody have to do something on it.

Lowlyspy
08-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Thank you Ghosty. People can grind 17k just fine, they've done it twice before.

octavos
Fair game play is no one take any advantage of glitch/exploited or whatsoever...
If it does...someone or somebody have to do something on it.

Exploits are bannable, so people who didn't report might feel the ban hammer.

I'm Siri
This can be easly fixed since its done by % people who are at cap need to level a bit more after cara fixes it. So no harm is done.

Unless ppl stash there pet XD

Precisely this have to be fixed. Back to whenever they are. This happen before to PL too when cap at 61. if I'm not wrong.
Never a issues for STS to hack our stash:) Lol

Rare
08-29-2012, 01:54 PM
You said it was a glitch yourself ._.

Those are just words... I think I explained what I meant.

Carapace
08-29-2012, 02:13 PM
It is unfortunate, and this snag is definitely on me. It was a bug, and has since been addressed. I can't punish players for enjoying the game and getting there before originally intended due to my mistake. Players that were able to get there were already hard to work grinding for the cap, and there is still quite a bit to find and do now that they are there. They just got their a tad sooner, it is after all, only about 24hours since the expansion went live!

I will talk with Samhayne, before we make a decision as to how this will land.

wvhills
08-29-2012, 02:43 PM
It is unfortunate, and this snag is definitely on me. It was a bug, and has since been addressed. I can't punish players for enjoying the game and getting there before originally intended due to my mistake. Players that were able to get there were already hard ta work grinding for the cap, and there is still quite a bit to find and do now that they are there. They just got their a tad sooner, it is after all, only about 24hours since the expansion went live!

They just need to be rolled back to level 30. It wasn't their fault so I don't think they should be banned or anything. If you don't roll them back then you have to leave it the way it is. If I have to grind through 17k xp to get to 31 while others get there with by doing 1700 then I'll quit all sts games and never come back.

octavos
08-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Well id say leave it as is. If people get rolled back, another forum war lol....maybe make a mission that gives an additional vanity..like a new cap item, time to kill 17k enimeys ya'know....just trying to help lol.

This could help in other games too.

Jugernugetx
08-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Yea really "grinders" and "hard workers" ...

If you find a bug,
And you have access to forums,

You report it asap. This is dissapointing ...

wvhills
08-29-2012, 02:55 PM
All I'm asking is to be treated the same as everyone else.

*Zero*
08-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Roll them back to the point when they hit 1.7k into 30

Lowlyspy
08-29-2012, 03:02 PM
It is unfortunate, and this snag is definitely on me. It was a bug, and has since been addressed. I can't punish players for enjoying the game and getting there before originally intended due to my mistake. Players that were able to get there were already hard ta work grinding for the cap, and there is still quite a bit to find and do now that they are there. They just got their a tad sooner, it is after all, only about 24hours since the expansion went live!

That's all well and good but it is completely unfair to allow them to keep their cap even though they literally did a fraction of the real xp needed. Rolling them back to 30 with 1.7k is the fairest thing to do. They can get their stuff back when they run the other 15.3k.

Lady_Pebbles
08-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Its not exploiting a bug when we had no idea it would happen. Why should we be punished for THEIR mistakes? It would be unfair to us as well.

And fyi, I was one of the people who PMed Cara about this bug to begib with.

Lowlyspy
08-29-2012, 03:06 PM
How so? Rolling you back to 30 with 1.7k is exactly where you would have been. You would just have to put in the same work as everyone else.

You also wouldn't be punished, a punishment would be getting banned. Rolling you back would be a correction.

Rolocoaster
08-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Roll them back to the point when they hit 1.7k into 30

but what about the time they could of been leveling in 3d missions and in timed quests and are unable to do so because they capped early? this whole time between them reaching cap and now they couldve been way more into 30 or even capped. to put them back into 1.7k into 30 seems unfair as well if this is was a mistake by spacetime studios and not by the players . just a thought

Lady_Pebbles
08-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Exactly Rolo.

Also, remember some of us also had a bug where we could not gain exp -at all- and that too was fixed. Does that mean everyone else should suffer for that as well? I doubt it.

wvhills
08-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Its not exploiting a bug when we had no idea it would happen. Why should we be punished for THEIR mistakes? It would be unfair to us as well.

Because it's not fair to those who had to work or other appointments and could grind for hours straight. Honestly, when the new campaigns were release did u really think you'd hit 31 in day? If the players aren't rolled back they have to leave it at 1700 for the rest of us too.

octavos
08-29-2012, 03:15 PM
How so? Rolling you back to 30 with 1.7k is exactly where you would have been. You would just have to put in the same work as everyone else.

You also wouldn't be punished, a punishment would be getting banned. Rolling you back would be a correction.

I agree. because then people will complain next week when the new content is going to be released. Sorry if you think its bad, but when I see threads pop up saying when are we going to get new stuff i feel that the only exception is SL (waited a year). maybe insted of saying its unfair maybe there should have been a report to STS saying there is a bug, instead of exploiting it.

Lowlyspy
08-29-2012, 03:15 PM

Cool, so why would you mind if you were rolled back? You knew full well the xp was incorrect.

Lady_Pebbles
08-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Because it's not fair to those who had to work or other appointments and could grind for hours straight. Honestly, when the new campaigns were release did u really think you'd hit 31 in day? If the players aren't rolled back they have to leave it at 1700 for the rest of us too.
I grinded for hours straight. I pulled an all-nighter to level. Don't make it seem like we didn't grind at all and honestly I've seen many people hit cap in one day by doing all the timers and nonstop grinding.

KillaSkillz
08-29-2012, 03:20 PM
I was about to congratulate the dedication for those that reached L31 cap so early. When I woke up I saw pics of the cap reward pet and I had thought "wow, that's massive to get there in a just a few hours after the update."Then I see this, and that those few may get a free ride on 15-16k xp. Not the same achievement knowing that at all.

Anywho, STS give some serious thought on how to solve it. it is a small minority of players that benefited from the accident, but as word spreads of "the few that did 1700 and capped" or "the chosen ones" LOL, it may rub more than a minority the wrong way. One possible outcome could be them remaining short on xp for the next cap increase and needing to do the 15-16k before reaching L32.
That would suck! BOoOOooo!

For me, i'm passing time til the SL cap increase. This don't bother me really whatever is decided.

wvhills
08-29-2012, 03:22 PM
I grinded for hours straight. I pulled an all-nighter to level. Don't make it seem like we didn't grind at all and honestly I've seen many people hit cap in one day by doing all the timers and nonstop grinding.

that's not what I'm saying at all. I know u grinded a lot but you would have had to grind 10x more to reach cap. I'm just saying that I didn't have time to do a lot of grinding and I want to be treated the same as those who had the time.

Paar
People would be capped within 2 hours, whether there be a Bug or not.

*Zero*
but what about the time they could of been leveling in 3d missions and in timed quests and are unable to do so because they capped early? this whole time between them reaching cap and now they couldve been way more into 30 or even capped. to put them back into 1.7k into 30 seems unfair as well if this is was a mistake by spacetime studios and not by the players . just a thought

how ever you want to beat around the bush. you knew the cap was 31 and knowing that you honestly think 1.7k was it?...
i dont play dl but i think it should be fixed.

octavos

thats why a mission for 17k would help. some kind of reward like plat vanity or tons of gold ya'know. hard work like that isn't easy, and I know thren...she worked at it.

mafiainc42
08-29-2012, 03:23 PM
I stopped short of capp no free rides here..

Lady_Pebbles
08-29-2012, 03:23 PM

Cool, so why would you mind if you were rolled back? You knew full well the xp was incorrect.
I knew when I leveled. Not before. Via the level up window that popped up after looking at the exp bar (selected it) to see whats up & reported. I don't want a roll back because its not fair to us. We leveled and get to use the new gear and have the new van -which in no way effects anyone else- other than we got there first and you didn't. It was not our fault so I don't want to lose the ability to use those items in game -at this time-.

Edited for clarification lol.

Lowlyspy
08-29-2012, 03:28 PM
I knew when I leveled. Not before. Via the level up window that popped up. I don't want a roll back because its not fair to us. We leveled and get to use the new gear and have the new van -which in no way effects anyone else- other than we got there first and you didn't. It was not our fault so I don't want to lose the ability to use those items in game.

You're telling me you didn't check your xp once while grinding to 31? I don't believe that for a second. Even if you hadn't known, you would have noticed your xp bar going up as fast as a normal level. Not a moral fiber to be had here i suppose.

Do as you wish Cara, i have no plans on rage quitting either way, STS will just lose more of my respect if the right thing isn't done. Imma head out, if there's one thing i hate more than anything, it's a blatant liar.

mafiainc42
08-29-2012, 03:33 PM
No comment!!!!!!!!

Cahaun
08-29-2012, 03:38 PM

I knew when I leveled. Not before. Via the level up window that popped up. I don't want a roll back because its not fair to us. We leveled and get to use the new gear and have the new van -which in no way effects anyone else- other than we got there first and you didn't. It was not our fault so I don't want to lose the ability to use those items in game.

Ah but it is fair. It doesn't give you and the others anything but it sets everything right. If you knew there was something wrong (Which you just said you agreed that you knew), then it is very much exploiting the bug.
You don't want it changed just because you and others got it first? Because you only grinded 10% of what others will have to and got the new gear, but just don't want to admit the fact that you don't deserve it. Grind the rest of the 17.6k then you can use the new gear when you earn it instead of all this.
All I read from your post is: "Exploiting this bug is fair and we want to keep what we got" and "What? Rollback us to 30 with 1.7k xp so we have to grind the majority of the xp we were supposed to? Not fair!!!"
You gave me the lulz.

Cahaun
08-29-2012, 03:40 PM

You're telling me you didn't check your xp once while grinding to 31? I don't believe that for a second. Even if you hadn't known, you would have noticed your xp bar going up as fast as a normal level. Not a moral fiber to be had here i suppose.

Do as you wish Cara, i have no plans on rage quitting either way, STS will just lose more of my respect if the right thing isn't done. Imma head out, if there's one thing i hate more than anything, it's a blatant liar.
I'll follow you out. Let's talk about the SL stuff next week. I heard the new stuff is coming out soon.

mafiainc42
08-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Same thing in pl with xp elix exploit rolled all back who exploited it only prob is it shut down the game all day :(

Samhayne
08-29-2012, 03:43 PM
The difficulty is, many of these players who reached the cap early due to our bug have continued to play. Yes, we could roll them back to 30 and 1.7 k xp toward 31, but what about the extra time that they have played since then? Wouldn't that be lost experience that we would be forcing on them?

We sincerely apologize for the bug that resulted in this issue. We do not plan to do any character rollbacks. Thank you very much to those who brought this issue to our attention.

MightyMicah
08-29-2012, 03:44 PM
First of all... not sure why it upsets you that they capped due to a bug. It doesn't affect you in any way.

You knew going in it was going to be a grind. So why hate on people that ran into a glitch. Its not like its something they exploited.

There is no second of all.

What is this? Common sense? Remarkable!

The point of this thread is straight up ridiculous. I mean wow. Just wow. You're complaining because someone got to 31 quicker than you. Big deal. It's a game! And not only that, but them getting to 31 quicker affects you in zero way, shape, or form.

All I see in this thread is jealousy at its finest.

Peace out,
~MM

Lady_Pebbles
08-29-2012, 03:47 PM

I checked my exp before level 30. Once I hit 30 I didn't reaply check it (I know of two times I checked it: 1. Before hitting lvl30 & 2. When a guildie asked me how much I need until I lvl to 31 & thats just glancing at the meter). Yes the bar moved up, but I figured if it was filled we would still need 17.6k cuz thats what the meter said without selecting it. At the end of one of the runs -like I said if you were actually reading- I checked the meter via selecting the exp bar. Thats when it said the different amount of exp just before the "you have leveled" came up (toon was on a glyph).

If you think In a liar then koo. Idc. Cara has my report via PM. People I ran with knew the truth as well. Don't call me a liar just cuz you're mad you couldn't level.

Smh. Come on man don't take this all so personal. Geeze.

octavos
08-29-2012, 03:47 PM
The difficulty is, many of these players who reached the cap early due to our bug have continued to play. Yes, we could roll them back to 30 and 1.7 k xp toward 31, but what about the extra time that they have played since then? Wouldn't that be lost experience that we would be forcing on them?

We sincerely apologize for the bug that resulted in this issue. We do not plan to do any character rollbacks. Thank you very much to those who brought this issue to our attention.

so does that mean the rest of us have to cap at 17K? or will it stay the way it is?

Samhayne
08-29-2012, 03:52 PM
so does that mean the rest of us have to cap at 17K? or will it stay the way it is?

The bug was fixed earlier this morning. Lvl 31 has an "elite" requirement, needing 10x more exp.

octavos
08-29-2012, 03:55 PM
The bug was fixed earlier this morning. Lvl 31 has an "elite" requirement, needing 10x more exp.

wow, thats messed up. -_- now i see why this thread is becoming the way it is.

Rare
08-29-2012, 03:56 PM
You're telling me you didn't check your xp once while grinding to 31?

I didn't check my XP when grinding from 27-28. So, its not unrealistic to think someone wouldn't check their XP when grinding only 1.7k.

Carapace
08-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Again I apologize, and we have made our decision in regards to the ones that were there. Players were kind enough to tip us off to the issue, and the problem has been fixed. We will do our due diligence to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm only human after all :vblush:

Rare
08-29-2012, 04:00 PM
i'm only human after all :vblush:

WHAt?!?! I'VE BEEN DECEIVED!!

Cero
08-29-2012, 04:00 PM
thanks to those who cap, we now have a preview/teaser for the free pet.

thanks

KillaSkillz
08-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Curious, so those that got in on this will get level 32 weapons for pvp from the plat store items ahead of everyone else, get the level 31 drops ahead of everyone else and be able to be ahead of the game when others finally get there and are looking to shop for gear. Nice! Wish I had known of this great opportunity to cap at 10% of What everyone else needs to do, I would have. From my pov seems like a great advantage.

Worship
08-29-2012, 04:05 PM
I don't see why this affects you.

You should actually thank the devs for fixing this ASAP

Why don't you try making 3 mobile MMO games that have over 3 million active players (total) and gets rated top 10 apps of the year.. Yeah, good luck not getting any complaints

Rare
08-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Curious, so those that got in on this will get level 32 weapons for pvp from the plat store items ahead of everyone else, get the level 31 drops ahead of everyone else and be able to be ahead of the game when others finally get there and are looking to shop for gear. Nice! Wish I had known of this great opportunity to cap at 10% of What everyone else needs to do, I would have. From my pov seems like a great advantage.

1. What level 32 weapons?
2. What level 31 drops?
3. How are they getting ahead? They still need to put in the time to farm. They aren't getting this gear for free. The 20 or 30 people that may have gotten there aren't going to break the market for these items. And if you're concerned about making tons of cash, do you really think the money is in Gems?

You're talking about a difference of about 3 days for a moderately active player. How many gems have you looted in 3 days? Me? Maybe 1.

Samhayne
08-29-2012, 04:13 PM
I think everyone has had their say over this one. Closing this thread down now.