PDA

View Full Version : Zillionaire with only one toon?

Energizeric
08-29-2012, 01:48 PM
I've been playing PL since February and now have a Lvl 71 bear. For the past couple of months I had been thinking of making another toon, but recently I decided that the game is actually starting to get a bit too easy and it would be more of a challenge to just play with a single toon. I notice some people have like 10 toons, and it makes farming so easy for them. They have twinks at every level, so they can farm the rare scaled items. Also they can have multiple end game toons in different character classes and use the one which fits the current moment or situation.

Playing with only one presents a bigger challenge. I cannot farm for 56 glyph, I was not able to farm for lvl10 forgotten, etc. So I was just wondering how many others have reached Zillionaire status with only one toon having never made a single alt??

Chopper
08-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Me!

Only played one toon until a few days ago. Got Zillionaire, capped out my stash too, so i had no more room for more gold, so i just created a low level mage just to carry around money LOL

But i find that playing a mage is fun too. I die so much less than with my bird when i started. Mages can heal themselves and drain life away, very handy.

Jcyee
08-29-2012, 02:05 PM
if u dont merch it may take a while. ive done it and it took me a pretty long time even though i have other alts now

The Flash
08-29-2012, 06:58 PM
I've been playing PL since February and now have a Lvl 71 bear. For the past couple of months I had been thinking of making another toon, but recently I decided that the game is actually starting to get a bit too easy and it would be more of a challenge to just play with a single toon. I notice some people have like 10 toons, and it makes farming so easy for them. They have twinks at every level, so they can farm the rare scaled items. Also they can have multiple end game toons in different character classes and use the one which fits the current moment or situation.

Playing with only one presents a bigger challenge. I cannot farm for 56 glyph, I was not able to farm for lvl10 forgotten, etc. So I was just wondering how many others have reached Zillionaire status with only one toon having never made a single alt??

Its not that hard. I had Zillionaire before it was a accomplishment. When humania came out i farmed like 3 caps worth of stuff just on one toon. New turntile dunguens equal hella gold.

Get a Red Dragon item and you can get 2 caps. Its the reason Evolt has stopped playing. He worked so hard to earn his money and some random gets a Red Dragon piece and it puts months of his work to shame. People just dumb and value thing way to high.

Whirlzap
08-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Its not that hard. I had Zillionaire before it was a accomplishment. When humania came out i farmed like 3 caps worth of stuff just on one toon. New turntile dunguens equal hella gold.

Get a Red Dragon item and you can get 2 caps. Its the reason Evolt has stopped playing. He worked so hard to earn his money and some random gets a Red Dragon piece and it puts months of his work to shame. People just dumb and value thing way to high.

I think he actually quit a few weeks before the Dragon Vanities came out, then thought about coming back.
However, the Dragon Vanities pretty much killed that little slight returning thought.

As with the thread,

I actually made half a gold cap from selling noob items.
Yes, noob items.
This is coming from a time when the max level without buying any Platinum was 17.
Reason being, is that level 18+ is Balefort Castle, and back then, Main Spine was not free.
Thus, I managed to make few million PL gold simply by selling these greens and such for around 10k each, without even getting to level 20.
After I did enough Free Plat offers to purchase campaigns, I went through campaign by campaign, simply leveling and not earning any gold.
When I got to the level cap, I had around 7 million gold.
From there, I actually set my mind onto farming and such, and managed to accumulate my first gold cap.
As Nuri's came out, I had a worth of around 15 million on my mage.
Through Fang, I made another 5 million or so, totaling to two gold caps.
About a month after Fang came out, I decided to start farming level 21s.
I made a good few million from that, and then simply turned to farming Elites and Sandbar Lagoon when Humania came out.

Technically, making a lot of gold is mostly focused on one MAIN character.
From twinking BEFORE Zillionaire, the most could really get per piece, in a realistic way, would be from a L51 sewer pink ([blank] thousand gold back then), or a L21 SSC pink, under 400k.
L56 Glyph was not valued only until after Fang came out, which was way before Zillionaire.
And now, I have done over 300 runs with friends, (over 1,000 boss drop chances) in Nuri's Hallows and have yet to see a Glyph L56 pink. So that's impractical.

Point is, scaled twinking barely makes any profit compared to high level endgame farming...
-Elite weapon = 1mil-2.5mil
-Humania Pinks = around 300k-600k
-Dragon Vanities = around 10mil-20mil
etc etc

tHelonestud
08-29-2012, 08:34 PM
considering endgame is quite easy to make money off of i dont think it would be too hard,
endgame gear has highest demand boosting the prices so you can sell for more even tho the rates arent super low
also a high seller would be the new nuri gear, although the 56 scaled may sell higher, the 60 sells faster due to the fact that most 56 twinks are for pvp and the gear is obviously designed for looks suiting rich capped players better

Otukura
08-29-2012, 08:35 PM
multiple toons hurts wayyy more than it helps

Plaguemaw
08-30-2012, 04:52 AM
I always thought having toons for scaled farming would save money but I was wrong. End up getting into PvP when bored, then end up flushing the fortune equipping alts.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2