PDA

View Full Version : "wow a mage that cant rez"

Chickdigcookies
09-01-2010, 09:14 AM
so i was doing a run with my mage, and i died. there was only 4 people and i was the only mage. im one to walk back because ive grown accustomed to it. So this bird named Zalys dies almost 5 seconds after me...by this time i had released and was walking back.

"Res me."

i ignore it because im walking back.

then he has the gall to whisper me: "res me plz"

he finally releases and says, "Wow, a mage that cant res"

i replied, "i died and i was walking back"

my point is that i hate being asked for a res...as a mage I KNOW i have to res. i never ask for a res when i die.

any thoughts?

GaZz
09-01-2010, 09:22 AM
I also HATE being asked for 'res'...hate being asked for heals too....think I just hate people tbh.

FluffNStuff
09-01-2010, 09:44 AM
People asking for heals pesses me off, especially when I am not the mage. And I don't mean they are asking me, I just hate when they are harassing our only mage. Pop a damn potion and get on with it. And as for asking for rez, I sometimes have to in lower levels, but I know for sure Holybean is going to get it out before even I know I am dead.

Shelllimes
09-01-2010, 09:54 AM
The only time I love hearing "res" or "res me" is when there is no Mage. At that point I just laugh everytime that person does something..

King Kamehameha
09-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Well there one thing we agree on :P same thing happened to me before he saw I died 9 seconds later a level 19 trying to rush in chariots of the goons dies and says "Rez me" I spawn again and try to get to him he says "Rez me please" (I was at the second rectangle spot he was near the lesser djinn at the top) "u can't Rez can u" (I was in trouble couldn't talk) "omfg a mage that can't Rez WTF happened to this game" me: (finally)"if you don't stfu and wait then I'll leave you dead" level 19:"what's the point you can't Rez" I then revived two of the other 3 45s "u can Rez?! Then Rez me without me u can't do this" me:"you're on your own" 19:"y?" lol I didn't Rez him and there was a Zuraz shock lance drop (I didn't get it but :'()

Thuull
09-01-2010, 10:27 AM
What I hate is that when you have a group wipe, or two or three people die and you're one of them (and the only mage) and they expect you to walk back from the beginning and rez them when you get there.

I figure, "no, I'm walking back, you can too".

I don't mind people saying "rez pls" or whatever, because sometimes it helps in a big battle to notice that someone has dropped a little quicker. Normally I'm pretty good with it, but if I'm real busy sometimes it can take a dozen seconds or so to notice that someone's heal bar is black =)

Kalielle
09-01-2010, 10:29 AM
I agree that spamming to ask for rezzes is really rude. On the other hand, sometimes a mage won't notice a death in the heat of battle, or even more commonly, the mage knows someone died but can't tell where they are and if they're in rez range. (By the time I was lev 15 or so I had already learned to always, always watch people's health and status, and I'm definitely embarrassed if I ever fail to instantly rez someone in range - but we are all only human, and yes there were times I was so tired or distracted that I didn't notice a death right away and the reminder helped. I hate to admit it but there it is! :o)

I think a good compromise is to say something other than "Rez" when you die. It's a little thing but really helps take the pressure of the mage. I've seen people say "owww" "down" "i'm dead" "oh noes" and so on. It changes the meaning from "You failed to see me die and I want to be rezzed right now!" to "Just letting you know I need some help when possible." Huge difference!

Oh and for rushes most of all, it definitely helps me if people shout something out just to let me know where they are when they die. Anything will do - even "S>Plasma of Thoth" will work just fine if that's what you happen to have on your quick chat. :D I'll always notice deaths but location can take a few seconds to determine.

flaimdude
09-01-2010, 10:30 AM
You don't know how annoying it is when you die, there's another mage, and he doesn't have res. I mean, it is REALLY annoying. :P

FluffNStuff
09-01-2010, 10:31 AM
The rez please is a throwback to early games when the mages didn't realize they were only alive because the bear was taking the agro. They figured they could just finish off the boss instead of rezing the bear. Of course that would always end as expected with the whole party walking back.

FluffNStuff
09-01-2010, 10:34 AM
I think a good compromise is to say something other than "Rez" when you die. It's a little thing but really helps take the pressure of the mage. I've seen people say "owww" "down" "i'm dead" "oh noes" and so on. It changes the meaning from "You failed to see me die and I want to be rezzed right now!" to "Just letting you know I need some help when possible." Huge difference!

Was playing the swamps a bit recently (before the nerf) with my int bear and when someone would die and the mage would ignore it, would always walk over to the body and say 'Got a man down!' or 'MEDIC!'.

Gryndeon
09-01-2010, 10:35 AM

One I got (rushing with 4 bears) was, "Medic!"

Cascade
09-01-2010, 11:35 AM
My rule is that I wait for about 5-10 seconds and if the mage is there with I ask for a rez

DaiJue
09-01-2010, 12:54 PM
I remember AO2 map 3 some dude died at the beginning (spawn point) and asked me to revive him... come on, you're less than 5 steps away. Just respawn...

Snakespeare
09-01-2010, 01:27 PM
I saw someone say, "I think I'll take a nap here" once. It made me laugh.

setec
09-01-2010, 01:39 PM
"Medic!" is the new "Rez plz"

I think as mages, it is our duty to rez and heal people. I like the challenge of fighting but also watching people's health bars to try and make sure no one dies or rezzing people if they do.

However, I can't stand it either when the only mage dies and people are begging for rez not understanding that the mage has to walk all the way back. Just be patient.

On the other hand, I have played with groups where there were let's say 3 mages and 2 non-mages. I rez and rez and heal but when I die, every other mage walks by and I then have to become the person that asks for a rez after they walk half way down the map. I don't understand why some mages don't heal or rez. I think this is why so many people ask for rez because so many mages aren't doing it.

I guess this is just the burden of wearing the cloth. :)

Spiritualist
09-01-2010, 02:23 PM
I saw a lvl 30-something mage today that said he/she couldn't heal! Hmmm....

Snakespeare
09-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Today I almost typed, wow, I can see up Bastet's skirt from here... Lol!

setec
09-01-2010, 02:32 PM
I saw a lvl 30-something mage today that said he/she couldn't heal! Hmmm....

I have been told this before and I have seen that the player who said that had no mana at all. I have been in a position where I was out of mana pots and couldn't heal anyone but wanted to finish the level without buying expensive pots via the menu. But this is a rare instance.

My guess is that this was not the case with the player you encountered. ;)

Spiritualist
09-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Definately not... they haven't learnt the skill from what I understood. Bizarre.

setec
09-01-2010, 03:06 PM
I would have to start a new mage over to see this, but isn't HEAL one of those skills you get as a mage somewhere around maybe level 7 that automatically puts in 1 point for you? I could be wrong.

EDIT: You get heal at Level 2. And I believe that it auto adds the skill point, so every mage can heal as long as they have the mana.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?293-Enchantress-Guide-O-Hurs

Snakespeare
09-01-2010, 03:24 PM
"Well, I can give you some heal pots", I would say. "I highly appreciate the Revives". Do it in the Trade window.

But... out of heal pots and doesn't want to pick up a quick 25, wants to wait to buy from Ellie, so he runs around without mana? True cheapness. Dude's just going to liquidate most of his drops anyway. To that I have to point out, it's Monopoly money, man, it's not real! Get over it. Why live in squallor with a mattress full of cash? It's not real. Spend it. Heck, I would give him this fake gold to buy some heal pots, if it means that much to him.

Of course, this is off topic.

The point was, this guy was so impatient for the mage to run all the way back that he actually insulted the mage's player just out of spite. That's like asking to never ever get Rez'd again! Is he nuts? That's like messing with the cook when you're on a ship at sea. You just don't do it.

MissFlux
09-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Well there one thing we agree on :P same thing happened to me before he saw I died 9 seconds later a level 19 trying to rush in chariots of the goons dies and says "Rez me" I spawn again and try to get to him he says "Rez me please" (I was at the second rectangle spot he was near the lesser djinn at the top) "u can't Rez can u" (I was in trouble couldn't talk) "omfg a mage that can't Rez WTF happened to this game" me: (finally)"if you don't stfu and wait then I'll leave you dead" level 19:"what's the point you can't Rez" I then revived two of the other 3 45s "u can Rez?! Then Rez me without me u can't do this" me:"you're on your own" 19:"y?" lol I didn't Rez him and there was a Zuraz shock lance drop (I didn't get it but :'()

hahahaha i love it!! Well written might i add ;) Well this is interesting because i find there are lower lev mages that dont either: realise that THEY are the only that can res and B: they just forget >>/ . So SOMETIMES u have to ask, bt yeah im starting to get annoyed by it to, MAINLY when they are PM-ing you over and over and OVER and your like "I died.. i am walking back .. deal with it!" lol!

gwippy
09-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Again maybe the mage re spec'ed and didnt have revive

Kurlz
09-02-2010, 12:42 AM
Was playing the swamps a bit recently (before the nerf) with my int bear and when someone would die and the mage would ignore it, would always walk over to the body and say 'Got a man down!' or 'MEDIC!'.

lol. thats great, u jus gotta wave too when u do that. lol

p.s. i have SERIOUSLY considered gettin a respec and not puttin any points at all into res, just because of people being completely rude and incosiderate...im sick of playing my mage for that reason alone...one player for examle, just going to call him Saxo, is extremely rude to mages, but kind to other classes...its annoying...its frustrating, and frankly, its kind of sickening to see people being so rude to mages...they heal when its nessesary and when they notice someone needs healed, no thanks at all...and some people just have to point out that theyre dead and lazy, the second they die...personally if someone is that rude to me, i just ignore them...ive actually put someone on my ignore list while i was running a map with them...people need to think about being nice to mages...

CipherZero
09-02-2010, 12:48 AM
I also HATE being asked for 'res'...hate being asked for heals too....think I just hate people tbh.

haha I dont mind rezing but buy your own dang heath pots im not paying for you to play like a idiot because a mage is in the party I picked bowtress to heal my azz not yours grrr lol

edit (think I just hate people) me too

KingFu
09-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Today, a Mynas Noob was PvPing me, he went to my team because he got tired of being slaughtered, then a random guy joined, and fought us, before the guy got to us, the MAGE asked me to buff him.........I was an archer -.-'

icantgetkills
09-02-2010, 01:47 AM
I'm sick of people asking for a res right at the start -.- respawn 10 seconds walk your in exactly the same spot like seriously pathetic people I heal when I want usually all then time because I check everyone in the party anyone low I just heal as an instinct

Nugget
09-02-2010, 01:49 AM
noob mages don't heal when were all frozen for 15 second in elite dungeon all the time 75% of them.

MissFlux
09-02-2010, 03:51 AM
lol. thats great, u jus gotta wave too when u do that. lol

p.s. i have SERIOUSLY considered gettin a respec and not puttin any points at all into res, just because of people being completely rude and incosiderate...im sick of playing my mage for that reason alone...one player for examle, just going to call him Saxo, is extremely rude to mages, but kind to other classes...its annoying...its frustrating, and frankly, its kind of sickening to see people being so rude to mages...they heal when its nessesary and when they notice someone needs healed, no thanks at all...and some people just have to point out that theyre dead and lazy, the second they die...personally if someone is that rude to me, i just ignore them...ive actually put someone on my ignore list while i was running a map with them...people need to think about being nice to mages...

HERE! HERE! I'm with you all the way ... people are nuts getting all >wants to use another word but wont< stereotypical on a freakin GAME. But hey its not the first time :mad:

GaZz
09-02-2010, 03:55 AM
I think as mages, it is our duty to rez and heal people. I like the challenge of fighting but also watching people's health bars to try and make sure no one dies or rezzing people if they do.

However, I can't stand it either when the only mage dies and people are begging for rez not understanding that the mage has to walk all the way back. Just be patient.

On the other hand, I have played with groups where there were let's say 3 mages and 2 non-mages. I rez and rez and heal but when I die, every other mage walks by and I then have to become the person that asks for a rez after they walk half way down the map. I don't understand why some mages don't heal or rez. I think this is why so many people ask for rez because so many mages aren't doing it.

I guess this is just the burden of wearing the cloth. :)

+1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

KingFu
09-02-2010, 04:01 AM
noob mages don't heal when were all frozen for 15 second in elite dungeon all the time 75% of them.

Pfft, I tried rushing it alone, I got half way to the frost teams, but exited due to the 9 big billys chasing, and freezing me.

Duke
09-02-2010, 11:44 AM
This thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3435-Why-You-Might-Not-Get-Healed) back from July covers a lot of the same stuff...