PDA

View Full Version : Best build and equipment for 70 bear

Ogbuehi
08-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Okay, now that I'm a level 70 I'm trying to complete those last few ridiculous quests (1000 snowballs, 100 totems, 50 furballs etc..). As it stands now, I can do AO and Frozen Nightmares solo. But it's really hard to do LV solo. I have about 210 str and the rest is Dex so I have enough strength and speed to take out the bosses solo. I'd like to know if there is anything I can do to make myself a tougher bear. Just to give you a heads up, I haven't figured out how to craft anything. I tried in forest haven and nothing came of it after getting all the items and recipe. Maybe I'm missing something but I need this crafting stuff broken down into the barebones basic. I also saw someone with a marlin for a weapon with some special attack associated with it. Is there some trick to getting that? Thanks in advance.

lilweezy
08-29-2012, 10:50 PM
try a bowbear with the lvl 70 forgotten bow and cheap malo gear.
your dps will be easily over 400 and its ranged too.

you can probably buy the bow + gear for around 150-200k.

Jcyee
08-29-2012, 11:21 PM
if u do as lilweezy says u will not be able to use any lvl 70 str gear as the forgotten wep base stats have increased thus only allowing pure characters to use those endgame forgotten weps. as a str bear, it would take longer to complete those quests solo, however if u r a dex bear like lilweezy is suggesting, it will b faster. grant it not as fast as an endgame dex bird or int mage

Ogbuehi
08-30-2012, 04:02 PM
I guess I'm confused. Should I switch to a bow bear or stay as a strength bear?

Bunnyshoota
08-30-2012, 08:52 PM
I guess I'm confused. Should I switch to a bow bear or stay as a strength bear?

For fastest killing, use the bow. Str typically does not fare well in speed killing.

ThePvpTwink
08-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Kill fast-bow

Not die/spam pots-str 1h

Ogbuehi
08-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Okay, now what's the best bow and how do I get it?

Jcyee
08-30-2012, 11:08 PM
well for a bear wearing str helm and armor, any lvl 70-71 bow will do imo (excluding forgotten bows)

lilweezy
08-30-2012, 11:33 PM
well for a bear wearing str helm and armor, any lvl 70-71 bow will do imo (excluding forgotten bows)

i tried wearing both 70 str and 70 dex gear (swathe gear with phantom bow and malo gear with forgotten bow) and i got way better results going all dex.
its gonna be hard to solo with the dex gear but you'll own bosses in groups.
the dps makes a huge difference for vlod runs.
with the phantom bow i was barely ticking the fang bosses.
another bonus is the malo gear and forgotten bow is only 5% the cost of the str/phantom setup :)

Energizeric
08-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Keep in mind that you don't need to use a lvl70-71 bow. Since I'm a dual spec bear (163 base str, 196 base dex), I can't use lvl71 forgotten bow because of the dex requirements. So instead I used a lvl64 forgotten bow which happens to have equal damage to a lvl70 tiki/sun gods bow but it's much cheaper.

xcainnblecterx
08-31-2012, 07:31 AM
Did you power lvl to 70? Anyway you can try int bear they are good for pve or as everyone else has mentioned go Dex. I don't suggest pure Dex or more Dex over str unless you want to be squishy and going from that much str to Dex will take a little bit to get used to as you will have to learn new things (staying ranged and go in for melee after enimes are stunned or skills recharge, not taking on entire groups of mobs, using pots etc.) Also icydk pots do regen below 25, so say you run with 25 health pots and 25 mana after they drop below that number, as long as you kill mobs they will keep going back to 25. At 25 it stays

Ogbuehi
08-31-2012, 05:00 PM
I definitely agree with the above. I respec'd my stats so that I could carry 70 level bows. Obviously it knocked off my shield which took away a ton of armor. The best bow out there is Chief's trueshot bow which I'm using right now. Now I get killed easier and have to get used to staying away from the crowd. And just for info, if you need to get some exp, go into the hidden stage at Balefort castle. Stack a thrasher with the double xp, turn on the xp gain, and start smashing away. Low level enemies that spawn in the mobs and re-spawn and are extremely weak compared to a 60+ level character. Apparently they're worth the same amount of experience as any other creature in the game. I earned 10k experience in 20 minutes.

Ogbuehi
09-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Any recommendations now that I'm a 71 now?

xcainnblecterx
09-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Besides what has already been mentioned? Experiment with your stats/skills?

Ogbuehi
09-01-2012, 06:45 PM
I've equipped a 71 bow so I had to boost my stats to accommodate. I'll admit that this bear is really weak, but I like that I can safely kite some of the bosses. Magic bosses however are a different story and now I need a helm that I can wear.

Whirlzap
09-01-2012, 08:30 PM
I believe this works pretty well:

-163 STR
-Rest into DEX (you will need that Hit %!)

You should already know which skills need Level 7.

Use crafted Tiki Crusher Humania set.
Use a DEX or STR ring for Hit%, Crit%, Dodge%, H/s, or Armor, and get the Humania L71 Face.

Putting the rest of your points into DEX allows you to switch into a Bow Bear for damage purposes, too.
Pretty versatile eh?

Ogbuehi
09-02-2012, 12:26 AM
I believe this works pretty well:

-163 STR
-Rest into DEX (you will need that Hit %!)

You should already know which skills need Level 7.

Use crafted Tiki Crusher Humania set.
Use a DEX or STR ring for Hit%, Crit%, Dodge%, H/s, or Armor, and get the Humania L71 Face.

Putting the rest of your points into DEX allows you to switch into a Bow Bear for damage purposes, too.
Pretty versatile eh?

This is the info I needed. I got the skills down pretty good. Where should I "farm" for that set? And what exactly is the set consist of? I've kind of plowed through the game without learning much about the intricate details.

lilweezy
09-03-2012, 12:06 AM
This is the info I needed. I got the skills down pretty good. Where should I "farm" for that set? And what exactly is the set consist of? I've kind of plowed through the game without learning much about the intricate details.

i used that str gear setup with the phantom for a good month before i switched to dex gear and forgotten bow.

trust me dex is alot more fun to play and owns bosses. your party will love you.

Jblazer
09-03-2012, 12:26 AM
if u do as lilweezy says u will not be able to use any lvl 70 str gear as the forgotten wep base stats have increased thus only allowing pure characters to use those endgame forgotten weps. as a str bear, it would take longer to complete those quests solo, however if u r a dex bear like lilweezy is suggesting, it will b faster. grant it not as fast as an endgame dex bird or int mage

Jcyee a pro:P

Twinklaser
09-03-2012, 03:30 PM
A pure 70 PVE build:
7 Rage
7 Ironblood
7 Taunt
7 Evasion
7 SMS
7 Vengefull
7 Stomp
7 Cripling
7 Beckon
7 Crushing(6 since your 70)

No restore or debuffs is needed as you can spam health potions. Crushing over hellscream because of it debuffs dodge and damage alot , is non healable, annd can be stacked for 1second.

Ogbuehi
09-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the info.

Ogbuehi
09-04-2012, 12:50 AM
A pure 70 PVE build:
7 Rage
7 Ironblood
7 Taunt
7 Evasion
7 SMS
7 Vengefull
7 Stomp
7 Cripling
7 Beckon

No restore or debuffs is needed as you can spam health potions. Crushing over hellscream because of it debuffs dodge and damage alot , is non healable, annd can be stacked for 1second.

What does the beckon do besides attract all the bad guys to me? As a Dex bear, I now have to avoid the crowds of bad guys. As a strength bear I could bum rush everything.

Frealaf
09-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Apart from the forgotten blade what is the highest strength requirement for the top end strength items at level cap?

I am currently making a tank bear build but don't want to put more into str than I need to.

Thanks

TANKKAAR
09-04-2012, 01:33 AM
167 str and rest dex gives a full extra point of dodge (with mecha bear face) while maintaining a 109hit% (unless using a hit% ring jumps to 111hit%)

BTW.. This is the worst advice I have ever heard for a bear

A pure 70 PVE build:
7 Rage
7 Ironblood
7 Taunt
7 Evasion
7 SMS
7 Vengefull
7 Stomp
7 Cripling
7 Beckon

Ogbuehi
09-04-2012, 09:05 PM
So does anybody know what the Tiki Crusher Humania set consists of? And where's the best place to farm for them. Or if a group wants join me in farming the elite dungeon for the Marlin sword I'm up for that as well. Freuske is my ign.

Mcpastry
09-04-2012, 10:04 PM
The set consists of:

Tiki God's Sand Walker Swathe
Req: Level 70/160 Base STR Stats: 33 Str, 7% Dodge, 3% Hit, 3% Crit, 5 Health, 8 H/s, 5 M/s, 15 Damage, 82 Armor

Tiki God's Sand Walker Helm
Req: Level 70/160 Base STR Stats: 33 Str, 7% Dodge, 3% Hit, 3% Crit, 5 Health, 8 H/s, 5 M/s, 15 Damage, 61 Armor

Tribal Tiki Crusher of Emotion
Req: Level 70/160 Base STR Stats: 200-234 Damage, 1.1 Speed, 33 Str, 7% Dodge, 3% Hit, 3% Crit, 5 Health, 8 H/s, 5 M/s, 16 Armor

Tiki God's Sand Walker Drum
Req: Level 70/160 Base STR Stats: 33 Str, 7% Dodge, 3% Hit, 3% Crit, 5 Health, 8 H/s, 5 M/s, 15 Damage, 72 Armor

The set is actually a crafted set, so you will have to farm:

L70 Tiki Swathe of Humanity
L70 Tiki Battle Helm of Humanity
L70 Dream Scimitar of Humanity (when crafted turns into a mace.)
L70 Tiki Trance Bongo of Humanity

These can all be farmed from each Humania Map.
Altogether the set gives the bonus of:

Tiki God Sand Walker (1h) - +3 dodge, +24 health, +4 health regeneration, +4 maximum damage

Ogbuehi
09-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Man that is a whole bunch of diamonds. I only have 2. And the only map they come from is monster bash stage. Thanks for the info.

McBain
09-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Ocean diamonds drop from any Humania map, actually.