PDA

View Full Version : PL Shield...

Chickdigcookies
09-01-2010, 12:04 PM
So i kind of felt a need to make this thread to let you know my "feelings"...

We all know that Harold won the PL Shield from a contest, as well as Kavanah...

We also know that Violent won a shield for "giving back to the community"...

We now have MasterChief "giving back to the community". If this, by any means, grants him a PL Shield, which in my honest opinion shouldnt happen, i will be mad.

Why you ask? Because its easy to farm pinks/gold and give away...I also think Violent shouldnt of gotten one...but eh.

If a shield were to be giving for "giving back to the community", it should go to Royce. (Even with his 2631 Deaths :P)

Knowledge > All.

Royce takes the time to read and comment most threads that ask for some help/guidance...and that, deserves, in my opinion, acknowledgment, from us, the community, and STS.

Cascade
09-01-2010, 12:08 PM
I also agree that Royce should get one...He answers almost every question thread....He definitely deserves one....I also was mad that ViolentSaint got one...he in fact did not deserve one...all he did was give pinks away....whoopty doo.

Nightarcher
09-01-2010, 12:10 PM
ViolentSaint got a PL Shield because he organized the givaway even though nobody said he might get one. That's something nobody else can say any more, because even if they truely want to be generous, there's always the slight and subtle allure of the Shield.

I believe the Shield of Legends should be kept as exclusive as possible, only given out in rare competitions few and far between. Otherwise it will lose it's sparkley-ness.

Hayabusaz
09-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Omg .. Lol I gived about 10mil ... To people .. Wth is happening here ? -.-

Cascade
09-01-2010, 12:38 PM
You can't buy a PL shield

Azrael
09-01-2010, 12:42 PM
The PL shield means nothing and on its own is worse than most trash loot. It represents an acomplishment. Maybe if people cared less about silly contests and meaningless items... Maybe the game would be heading in a better development direction, instead of becoming more and more like Graal, with nothing to do besides pick out pretty hats and participate in poorly designed pvp.

BeardedBear
09-01-2010, 12:49 PM
I don't disagree with any of giving of the PL shields. All were contest winners with the exception of VS, who was nice enough to start the fad of giving away your items. Sure Masterchief was super nice giving way load of gold and items, and Royce is the man/highly knowledgeable, but I don't either are expecting a shield for their services, they are just being nice.

But yes, PL shields should be exclusive to contests. Mainly to squash any squabbling and jealousy.

Hayabusaz
09-01-2010, 12:49 PM
You can't buy a PL shield

I know lol

Cascade
09-01-2010, 12:50 PM
To be honest I HATE pvp and would love to see this game grow...

Hayabusaz
09-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Lolz ... I HATE pvp too ;)

Snakespeare
09-01-2010, 01:00 PM
I do NOT think a PL Shield means one is elite or special. It's just a prize. Some were for contest wins, and one was for a community service. Another was for creating a How-to-Play video. If they decide to drop another for community service, that would be a cool day. But it's not a democratic process - or a popularity contest. It's a random cool thing that just happens. If someone can draw, and people like one person's art, that's cool, but it doesn't make that person an elite member. It only means what it actually was awarded for, that they won something by their own hard work, which is cool!

Whether or not you or I think the devs should reward community service is moot. Who you or I think should get a reward for community service is also irrelevant. It's just not our call.

Those who run give-aways now are doing so because ViolentSaint set the precedent. He also was one of the first Paladins. The conditions that exist now are very different from the conditions that existed when VS started the first give-away thread. And he didn't just start a thread or just give things away for a little bit. He bought a ton of stash slots and collected items from others and DID NOT SEEK A REWARD FOR HIMSELF. (Not saying that others ARE, just reminding any who weren't here at the time, that it was an kindly action performed with no expectation of reward!)

Any shield for community service, if another is EVER awarded, probably will be for doing something that addresses a problem and makes things better, or for making a significant contribution to the quality of the game.

That said, I agree that Royce is a good guy. He deserves, at least, for us to say so. But I bet he derives enough pleasure from his messageboard activities to more than compensate him for his efforts.

A PL Shield should be for going above and beyond. Make the darned Wiki work. Get all the data in there. That's a contribution. Answering noob questions is easy, and I'm sure Royce would agree with me.

S

Hayabusaz
09-01-2010, 01:06 PM
This Thread Is Useless -_-"

Hayabusaz
09-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Why Did U Started A USELESS thread That Suxx !? A Lot Of ppl are PMing Me Telling This Thread Is LAAAAAAME..
Close this Thread Before I'll Burn It !!

OMG grow Up In There !!

WAIT .. Are u jalous ?
Sux

smokester
09-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Why Did U Started A USELESS thread That Suxx !? A Lot Of ppl are PMing Me Telling This Thread Is LAAAAAAME..
Close this Thread Before I'll Burn It !!

OMG grow Up In There !!

WAIT .. Are u jalous ?
Sux

well so you mean to tell me that your giving away 10 mil to ppl just for the hell of it cuz your nice wow your being so honest lmao

AND to the ppl saying violentsaint dont deserve one is just wrong... he organize pink giveaway no on else organize something like that he even bought like 200+ stash slots for this... yea yea ya say i give away pinks too but violentsaint been giving away pinks ever since he played this game.... GROW UP

Chickdigcookies
09-01-2010, 01:37 PM
*cough*

its an opinion...but thanks anyways.

Hayabusaz
09-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Dude , Excuse Me For What i wrote ... :(

Hotndots
09-01-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm doing an art contest just to spread some joy and fun :)

Snakespeare
09-01-2010, 03:26 PM
I answer noob questions because it makes me feel like a know-it-all. LOL!

Raxie
09-01-2010, 03:26 PM
i definitely agree that royce should get one. also, masterchief should get one, for his generosity.
violentsaint deserves one because he gave so many pinks away.
/end thread