PDA

View Full Version : Loot Progression and You!

Carapace
08-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Hey guys!

I've seen a couple threads pop up about this, so I going to make a clarification post in the idea of transparency of that which may not be so obvious.

With the new expansion, there is a definite shift in where the higher level loot drops. This was done to encourage players to play the later campaigns more and make higher level items worth a bit more by effectively making fewer amount of them that meet the level requirements of high level players. Don't fret! There is more content planned that will allow more ways to get that loot differentiation, and more types in the near future.

So where is the line?

EDIT: Downtown Suburbs is the line in the sand as of the patch 9/7/12

The line in the sand gets drawn at Downtown Suburbs. Any of the campaigns before this will yield loot rewards up to level 25 only, whereas everything from Gallows up through the new content will drop up to level 30 gear. As more items get created, they will become more special and relevant seeing as they are only available starting at level 25 and the like.

Moving forward into future expansions this will continue, as Gallows Alley and possibly Red Light get left maxed out at level 30 loot and all of the other campaigns beyond move up to support the new levels.

What about vanities?

Vanities are unaffected in this, as they are level independent. If you're farming for a particular vanity however the loot acquired in the process will more likely be sell through junk to a level 30 for the AH or alts and the like.

Additionally, it should be noted that expansion specific vanities pieces (in this case the Stone Armor and Stone Robe Armor) will only drop in an area that supports level 25-30 loot, or loot appropriate to the new expansion level range and above. Specifically if you're in a zone that drops say the Stone Armor Helm, and you are only level 23, the chance for that item to drop does not exist. You must be level 25+ or in a zone that begins with level 25 or higher monsters. This has not been done before, and may not be something continued in the next expansion whenever that comes around, but I feel it it appropriate to disclose.

I expect that it will be the same moving forward with special vanities tied to an expansion level range as a base, in order to help it feel more "special" but still allow for higher drop rates than some of the more rare vanity drops. But again nothing is set in stone :vsmile:

Thanks everyone!

-Cara

Taaralatie
08-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the clarification! Interesting turn of events. I am not displeased :)

Taikeo
08-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey guys!

Additionally, it should be noted that expansion specific vanities pieces (in this case the Stone Armor and Stone Robe Armor) will only drop in an area that supports level 25-30 loot, or loot appropriate to the new expansion level range and above. Specifically if you're in a zone that drops say the Stone Armor Helm, and you are only level 23, the chance for that item to drop does not exist. You must be level 25+ or in a zone that begins with level 25 or higher monsters. This has not been done before, and may not be something continued in the next expansion whenever that comes around, but I feel it it appropriate to disclose.

Thanks everyone!

-Cara

So let's say my toon is 21 but joins a run with lvl 26 guildmates.. so the mosnters are based on their level and the higher level loot has a chance to drop for my toon?

Taaralatie
08-30-2012, 12:11 PM
So let's say my toon is 21 but joins a run with lvl 26 guildmates.. so the mosnters are based on their level and the higher level loot has a chance to drop for my toon?

That's not how I understood it...I thought that all drops were specific to your toon, not the party's. So they have a chance, but you do not until you are level 25+. But, I may be wrong.

StompArtist
08-30-2012, 12:13 PM
This is very confusing for my old brain Carap. Any examples?

Taikeo
08-30-2012, 12:21 PM
I had level 26 pink axes drop and level 30 pink gem for my level 21... somehow I pugged in with some level 28s.

Rare
08-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Well, I guess I won't need to load up on blood packs for my lvl 10.

Aaroniero Arruruerie
08-30-2012, 01:43 PM
omg i was gonna make a thread about this. I almost burst a vein looking for the stone armor top, so thank you :)

Carapace
08-30-2012, 01:44 PM

yep, running through that content you may get a chance at it with friends

Carapace
08-30-2012, 01:49 PM
This is very confusing for my old brain Carap. Any examples?

Sure!

If you were say level 27, and went back to any of the maps in The Outskirts, the highest item level that you can get there is 25.

If you are level 23 and head into a map with some friends to Fresnel Cemetery who are level 27, you will be pulling form a higher loot table, likely awarding level 27 items (or around there)

Fighting Hargkyth at level 25 or 28 the loot is still going to be level 30 (as denoted by the loot details when you tap on the items that you can receive)

The best way to check is to look at the details on any of the drops on a specific map, when you're level 28 and the details on the item drops there point at a level 25 item, you're in one of the campaigns that did not get the higher level loot with the update.

Hope that's helpful :vsmile:

Carapace
08-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Well, I guess I won't need to load up on blood packs for my lvl 10.

Yes and no, if you are farming for a vanity of interest at level 10 in say Worlmen (crazy!) those monsters are all starting around level 26 so the chance at that vanity is possible! If however you were hunting for one of the new Stone Armor items in The Outskirts at level 10, it would not be available there until you were level 25, assuming it existed there. (It doesn't by the way, just so there is no confusion)

Taikeo
08-30-2012, 01:54 PM
yep, running through that content you may get a chance at it with friends

/sigh of relief

SO....... I guess I am safe and noone will be calling for me to be banned for exploiting a bug to get those axes and gem...

Sorry couldn't resist! :vP:

DexGOD
08-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Sure!

If you were say level 27, and went back to any of the maps in The Outskirts, the highest item level that you can get there is 25.

If you are level 23 and head into a map with some friends to Fresnel Cemetery who are level 27, you will be pulling form a higher loot table, likely awarding level 27 items (or around there)

Fighting Hargkyth at level 25 or 28 the loot is still going to be level 30 (as denoted by the loot details when you tap on the items that you can receive)

The best way to check is to look at the details on any of the drops on a specific map, when you're level 28 and the details on the item drops there point at a level 25 item, you're in one of the campaigns that did not get the higher level loot with the update.

Hope that's helpful :vsmile:

What would be the level of the mobs/bosses if a level 30 goes to anything below Gallow's Alley? It wouldn't entirely be fair for them to retain their difficulty while dropping things below their level.

Carapace
08-30-2012, 02:38 PM
their difficulty is in a middle ground. Not too hard that it's on par with places that drop the relevant loot, but not so easy that it becomes the go to point for easy XP farming either. Currently that's where it sits.

bronislav84
08-31-2012, 08:38 AM
As long as there's one of each weapon type and gem type in the areas after the cutoff I don't mind. If there isn't, please fix it so nothing is effectively lost since the highest level version of it is 25.

Jcyee
08-31-2012, 09:04 PM
But again nothing is set in stone :vsmile:

haha i get it! lol but anyway thx for the clarification! :)

sun light
09-07-2012, 10:05 AM
is that mean relic weapon and gem can only drop on lvl 31 players?
cos u said if ure lvl 25+ ure drop will be lvl 30?
so how about relic?

Isniper
09-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Thank you!

thecrankybearsam
09-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the info Carapace! Love the Nightly Rewards btw lol

Sent from my Ipod

Carapace
09-12-2012, 11:20 AM
is that mean relic weapon and gem can only drop on lvl 31 players?
cos u said if ure lvl 25+ ure drop will be lvl 30?
so how about relic?

The current Relics exist as part of a level 30 fight, so the chance to get a relic exists during the Harg'kyth fight regardless of your level (and thus the amount of bloodpacks consumed)