PDA

View Full Version : Kraken pendant buff and nerf

Encryptions
02-09-2023, 06:09 PM
Needs buffed in pve, give some type of armor and hp boost of possibly 2.3x of each, procing this pendant as a rog or mage causes us to die really fast. Its damage dealt is not worth the damage intake. What I mean is its not worth to take 2k damage (15-25% base hp) of a rog / mage in order to dish out 18k damage to 1 mob (4-10% mob hp) when your skills do over 100k damage. It needs to reflect possibly 55-70k for 2k damage taken.
Its stats are lower than the level 76 arcane pendant, should let it have 20.00 damage and 8% crit atleast while keeping the other stats.

PvP, 1k damage intake dishes out 10k+ damage. 3k damage intake dishes out 24k+ damage.
It should dishout 50% of damage taken. 1k damage intake is 500 damage reflected. This would really help warriors alot since they are the weakest class in pvp currently.

Cooldown needs reduced to possibly 20 seconds.

https://youtu.be/mXdVZEDHqTI

Kakashis
02-09-2023, 11:21 PM
Thanks for your review! I had a bad feeling when I saw it trades dodge for reflect. I also figured the fishes it spawns wouldn't be that much more powerful than my pet, which does negligible damage in elites. It's kind of sad the helmet, ring and amulet are so weak and borderline pointless. Only the weapons, armor and belts are must haves! The belt could be passed if needed

capeo
02-10-2023, 08:11 AM
Lmao, so not only do we get 1 hit through jug we get 1 hit reflected back at us through jug.. rip

Cinco
02-10-2023, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

On PvE reflection: if you want a reflection meta you are not going to get it from this - it's reflection proc is meant to be defensive; not to help you shred enemies. I can understand why this could be confusing as most other reflection procs put you firmly on offense. You lose dodge because dodging negates reflection (see forum talks about Eating Machine Daggers). As for bonus armor or health: there are other procs that do this much better.

On Stats: The Zodias pendants are designed to offer different stats in exchange for a unique proc mechanic and an escape-type reflection shield. My intention was not to make the Zodias a duplicate of the Sunset stuff only with better stats across the board - since doing this paints us into a corner and robs the player of meaningful choices. Having multiple options for useful pendants at endgame is a win.

On Shredders: I toned them down prior to release because they were utterly devastating. I think there's some room to buff them back up (but not to the level that they were clearing the map for you... which is what they were doing when they were first implemented) if you're also wearing the Zodias Ring (or perhaps the Artifact). I'll see who's using the equipment and I'll probably favor the least popular Zodias piece that will spawn 'Enraged' Shredders.

On PvP reflection: that shield is massive and very obvious and it should tell you not to attack! Nevertheless I will prioritize adjusting the reflection damage in PvP for a future update :-)

On the cooldown: I played with lots of variations and the current time feels perfect to me. To prevent the shield / spawn effect secondary from being a constant bubble on your toon a shorter cooldown will absolutely mean a shorter effect duration. It's not fun this way.

Encryptions
02-10-2023, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

On PvE reflection: if you want a reflection meta you are not going to get it from this - it's reflection proc is meant to be defensive; not to help you shred enemies. I can understand why this could be confusing as most other reflection procs put you firmly on offense. You lose dodge because dodging negates reflection (see forum talks about Eating Machine Daggers). As for bonus armor or health: there are other procs that do this much better.

On Stats: The Zodias pendants are designed to offer different stats in exchange for a unique proc mechanic and an escape-type reflection shield. My intention was not to make the Zodias a duplicate of the Sunset stuff only with better stats across the board - since doing this paints us into a corner and robs the player of meaningful choices. Having multiple options for useful pendants at endgame is a win.

On Shredders: I toned them down prior to release because they were utterly devastating. I think there's some room to buff them back up (but not to the level that they were clearing the map for you... which is what they were doing when they were first implemented) if you're also wearing the Zodias Ring (or perhaps the Artifact). I'll see who's using the equipment and I'll probably favor the least popular Zodias piece that will spawn 'Enraged' Shredders.

On PvP reflection: that shield is massive and very obvious and it should tell you not to attack! Nevertheless I will prioritize adjusting the reflection damage in PvP for a future update :-)

On the cooldown: I played with lots of variations and the current time feels perfect to me. To prevent the shield / spawn effect secondary from being a constant bubble on your toon a shorter cooldown will absolutely mean a shorter effect duration. It's not fun this way.

I do disagree on the defensive statement because when you proc it you lose your defense on a rogue completely, dodge is what 90% of the time keeps us alive from mobs.

Stats part is agreeable.

Shredder part, they really won't help clear maps that much since you can proc the arc weps and run through a map killing everything that touches your proc especially the daggers. They could get atleast some buff against bosses, up to possibly 400k damage reflect when a boss attacks you, bosses hit for high damage and have slow attacks. If you think 400k is alot I can hit a boss with aimshot for over 2mil damage. Not ultimate aimshot, normal aimshot.

This thing 100% needs nerfed in pvp, as a warrior attacking someone with the reflect proc active with 1 normal attack should not almost 1 shot a warrior. This is benefiting rogs and mages more than it is warriors in this case, this pendant should be benefiting warriors because they are "Tanks" even though they die through 15k+ armor 30k+ hp with mephisto and jugg on in a second and it makes logical sense for a class that is supposed to take in huge amounts of damage to be able to reflect that damage back. Reducing it to reflect around 50% damage in pvp would help a lot for the warrior class and make the pendant almost useless for the other 2 since they are not tank classes. They aren't ment to tank damage and reflect it.

championboost
02-10-2023, 04:20 PM
if i use this 200mil arcane amulet and when i proc i die
thats something id call not good

Mitsooos
02-10-2023, 11:17 PM
Nice thread.
for me 1 person with 1 amulet is nothing for changing nerfing or buffing a item, give some time to other people got it to have better opinion about it .
A video of 1 person inside a map hitting 1 mob is not actually battle scenario .

Encryptions
02-11-2023, 12:27 AM
Nice thread.
for me 1 person with 1 amulet is nothing for changing nerfing or buffing a item, give some time to other people got it to have better opinion about it .
A video of 1 person inside a map hitting 1 mob is not actually battle scenario .

Its to show damage dealt, if I was to go against a group of mobs no one would be able to see the numbers. Many people have already agreed on what I have said about the pendant on what needs changed.

Xyv.io
02-11-2023, 01:37 AM
I do disagree on the defensive statement because when you proc it you lose your defense on a rogue completely, dodge is what 90% of the time keeps us alive from mobs.

Stats part is agreeable.

Shredder part, they really won't help clear maps that much since you can proc the arc weps and run through a map killing everything that touches your proc especially the daggers. They could get atleast some buff against bosses, up to possibly 400k damage reflect when a boss attacks you, bosses hit for high damage and have slow attacks. If you think 400k is alot I can hit a boss with aimshot for over 2mil damage. Not ultimate aimshot, normal aimshot.

This thing 100% needs nerfed in pvp, as a warrior attacking someone with the reflect proc active with 1 normal attack should not almost 1 shot a warrior. This is benefiting rogs and mages more than it is warriors in this case, this pendant should be benefiting warriors because they are "Tanks" even though they die through 15k+ armor 30k+ hp with mephisto and jugg on in a second and it makes logical sense for a class that is supposed to take in huge amounts of damage to be able to reflect that damage back. Reducing it to reflect around 50% damage in pvp would help a lot for the warrior class and make the pendant almost useless for the other 2 since they are not tank classes. They aren't ment to tank damage and reflect it.

PvE: grants 150%hp shield(sheild has 33% of your armor), 500% reflect while shield is up, cooldown 15s after sheild is broken.

PvP: 50%hp, 35% reflect, cd same

Mitsooos
02-11-2023, 04:19 AM
Its to show damage dealt, if I was to go against a group of mobs no one would be able to see the numbers. Many people have already agreed on what I have said about the pendant on what needs changed.

Bro I respect your experience on game and your nice guides you making, I'm see your YouTube videos too, but for me 1 person sowing a item has borrows from a friend to test, it's not enough .
I prefer to buy it my self to test and if don't like to sell, from just see a video, those quick judgments to items has ruined the game .

Vvaffe
02-11-2023, 04:45 AM
Bro I respect your experience on game and your nice guides you making, I'm see your YouTube videos too, but for me 1 person sowing a item has borrows from a friend to test, it's not enough .
I prefer to buy it my self to test and if don't like to sell, from just see a video, those quick judgments to items has ruined the game .

test it by urself then. All hes saying is 100% right. Tested it for myself aswell and it was bad in Pve and completely broken in PvP

Staaarlord
02-11-2023, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, there r other procs that give survivability but its hard to get them to work together, maybe there could be a passive component to it which procs reflection when armor or wpns proc

Sent from my SM-G988N using Tapatalk