PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes PAIN just disappears...

e5c4p3artist
08-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Sometimes I use the Pain skill on an enemy with full health, the initial damage of Pain doesn't kill him, and he doesn't die in the first 3 seconds, but the lightning effect and explosion never happen. My skill has to regenerate like it was used, but I never see the effects of it getting used. Like it misfired. Or maybe the enemies can sometimes resist, like "magic resistance" in other MMOs? Is that possible?

gison
08-31-2012, 02:43 PM
It's called dodge :)

Szangheili
08-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Yah, ever since they took out the little notification thing above the enemy that shows if you hit or not, we can't tell anymore.. I miss that :/

e5c4p3artist
08-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Dodge works on skills as well as normal attacks then. Good to know. And it explains the behavior I see. I do have to say that I notice Pain getting dodged a lot more than other skills. I only have 1 point in Pain. Will raising it a couple points make it harder for enemies to dodge?

akfury
08-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Dodge works on skills as well as normal attacks then. Good to know. And it explains the behavior I see. I do have to say that I notice Pain getting dodged a lot more than other skills. I only have 1 point in Pain. Will raising it a couple points make it harder for enemies to dodge?

nope .. 1 point is all that is needed

Zaonabiuibil
08-31-2012, 09:18 PM

nope .. 1 point is all that is needed

Though I would recommend putting more into pain.

Jblazer
09-01-2012, 11:02 AM

same

e5c4p3artist
09-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Many people say 1 pain is enough because the benefits of raising it are not enough. For every one point you invest the average initial damage goes up by merely 1-2 points and the AOE damage at the end is always the same no matter what level it is. What are your reasons for recommending more than 1 point in pain, if I may ask?

Jblazer
09-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Many people say 1 pain is enough because the benefits of raising it are not enough. For every one point you invest the average initial damage goes up by merely 1-2 points and the AOE damage at the end is always the same no matter what level it is. What are your reasons for recommending more than 1 point in pain, if I may ask?

I got no reasons but pain is pain :P

iAmPain
09-01-2012, 06:45 PM
same

I would disagree to both of you.

Why Ak and other engis prefer to put only 1 skill point to Pain is for 3 Main reasons;

1. It doesn`t have the DMG that other DoT skill would have.

2. AoE blast range is way too small and the time of explosion is too much delayed.
(Because of the time delay, The potential of killing the target and neglecting the AoE Blast is way too high.)

3.It can be Dodged.

Zaonabiuibil
09-01-2012, 09:08 PM

Why Ak and other engis prefer to put only 1 skill point to Pain is for 3 Main reasons;

2. AoE blast range is way too small and the time of explosion is too much delayed.
(Because of the time delay, The potential of killing the target and neglecting the AoE Blast is way too high.)

3.It can be Dodged.

I was thinking of it in the PvP aspect. Ok, it can be dodged. So can every skill, that means absolutely nothing. No need for AoE in PvP, the stupid 1v1 go system doesn't allow for it. As for damage, in PvP all damage is nerfed, there isn't really much difference between the skills.

If pain was being used in PvE I'd agree, but my eng is a PvP eng, that's why I wrote what I did.

Jblazer
09-01-2012, 11:12 PM

3.It can be Dodged.

I'm no pro engi :P My eng is lvl 40.I just randomly go with a flow on eng.xD

Exion
09-02-2012, 05:19 PM
I personally have pain maxed and the only ones it doesn't work on are the higher lvl bosses..
Every scorn sniper and com I use it on gets stunned and knocked down.

Jblazer
09-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm*clears throat*hmmmmmmmmmmmm:P