PDA

View Full Version : Rogue vs Mage comparison/advice

Oldcookiesal / Deadlied
02-12-2023, 07:46 PM
First of all , thanks for reading my thread[emoji1365]

Hello , I recently switched from my mage to rogue because I wanted something that carry a little bit more than mage in dungeons ( Zodias ) or even Rahab.

I'm a zaar set user and i fully switched to rogue but now , i feel like regretting a bit because I feel like rogue is a little bit out of my pocket possibility. For now atleast.

I use some decent gears , my gold loot is 615% fix , 665 with pet procs , so farming gold is quite OK I would say.

But this isn't the debat.

Currently , i'm hesitating on switching back to mage due to the high capacities of damage those can deal , I am actually always shoked to see how effective some mage are even in esunk or secret sanctu , they literally carry everything but of course , kraken items are for something.

Since for now I can't afford any kraken item ( but soon armor hppefully ) , should I keep my fully equipped Rogue with I don't have the fun i attempted to get or should I just go back to my mage and just enjoy the farming with? Feel like mage would be more of an endgame choice but still can't decide because I can't make myself a pure list of pro/con about that subject.

Also if i go back to mage , with my 615% gl , should I keep my gold to get kraken armor in the futur or shall I get more goldloot items then power farm for kraken with an easier state of GL?

I would highly appreciate your numerous advices , I'll read y'all carefully , thanks !

Envoyé de mon CPH2211 en utilisant Tapatalk

leprereturningplayer
02-12-2023, 08:09 PM
If you have zaarus set I’d say you haven’t got the full effect of rogue, I’d farm up tons of gold which might take weeks or maybe even a month get yourself a kraken bow and kraken armor proc and then switch to zaarus set you’ll deal tons more dmg and melt boss if its still boring swap the set to a mage one, but if you want minion clear + boss melting overall a crazy class is mage it’s broken right now, I can’t get myself to switch to a mage though because rogue is to fun .

Oldcookiesal / Deadlied
02-12-2023, 08:20 PM
If you have zaarus set I’d say you haven’t got the full effect of rogue, I’d farm up tons of gold which might take weeks or maybe even a month get yourself a kraken bow and kraken armor proc and then switch to zaarus set you’ll deal tons more dmg and melt boss if its still boring swap the set to a mage one, but if you want minion clear + boss melting overall a crazy class is mage it’s broken right now, I can’t get myself to switch to a mage though because rogue is to fun .Thanks alot for your reply , ive like 98m actually + some of my mage stuff for sale still so , pretty much soon kraken armor , i'll be patient !

Oldcookiesal / Deadlied
02-14-2023, 05:10 PM
One part seemed to stand out to me like a sore thumb
“should I keep my fully equipped Rogue with I don't have the fun”

Seems you already know what to do XD

I’d keep the rogue barely geared up enough to just do events
Focus on the fun oneYou right but I think the only thing that doesn't bring me the fun needed is because I'm a player that like to have the endgame actual gears and since i only use a mythic set i can't actually enjoy the carry like i could when i get kraken , so I ended up sticking with my rogue and now at 147m which is soon my first kraken armor item.

Road to full krakens

Immortal_Blood
02-16-2023, 10:03 PM
my advice is.. rogue is the best class and sell all the gear for the class you find the least fun to play

equipment prices almost never increase in price over time...

unless sts brings back something like proc stacking (which i doubt)

anyways if you save your gold u may be able to squeak out a deal for a kraken item or two in a few months, or weeks.

as i said, equip price goes down, stonks , but reversed.. hahah

having two or three or more character both with good gear when you only enjoy playing one...

and when the price of said gear is going down..

..and when you want to use the op stuff...

..but cannot afford it..

with all that in mind.. logic does not suggest you keep all the extra gear