PDA

View Full Version : StarLegends Weapon Design Contest

RedStapler
08-31-2012, 03:41 PM
Scorn technology is powered by a dark gift given to them by their Star God creator. This dark gift allows Scorn War-Priests the power to enslave demonic beings and use them as a fuel-source. These 'beings' exist in a nightmarish dimension that lies beyond the void of space. They do not come willingly! Once they are captured and enslaved the demons' seething rage and hatred becomes a devastating source of energy!

These evil energy sources can be found in almost all Scorn technology but most profoundly in their weaponry. Scorn will place a demon’s heart into the chamber of a heavy weapon, allowing it to grow stronger with each enemy it fells. They use modules filled with trapped souls to increase their rifles’ fire rates and inflict targets with putrid bleeding wounds. The Scorn have dragged giant demonic beasts into this dimension and imprisoned them within massive habitats, harnessing their immense power to propel their forces through space like starships. There is no end to how the Scorn will pervert these souls into implements of destruction.

Until now, the UCS has forbidden access to these horrific weapons. But the Scorn threat continues to rise, and the war does not go well. Now, the UCS may have no choice but to authorize use of these diabolical devices against their makers.

This is your chance to help defeat the Scorn!

Here are a few screenshots to inspire you!

There are Three StarLegends Class Weapons:

You are invited to design weapons for any and all character classes:
• Commando – Heavy weapons
• Engineer – Hand blaster gauntlets
• Operative – Single target weapon, can be dual wielded

Design One, Two or All Three!
Create an original design for any of the above categories. A good submission will probably include both images and a written description. A submission should be appropriate for the category it is in – for example, please do not submit a design for a Hand Blaster Gauntlet to the Commando or Operative categories, as that weapon is exclusive to the Engineer class.

To enter, please post your design to the appropriate forum thread, between now and Tuesday, September 18th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

A good submission post will include:

• Character Name:
• Category: Which category is the weapon submission for? Commander, Engineer, or Operative? Please post to the correct thread.
• Your Item’s Name:
• Images of your design. What does the weapon look like?
• Written description of the weapon. Tell us about it.

Prizes:
It is possible that one person could win all three grand prizes, since any one person can submit an entry for each category (Commander weapon, Engineer weapon, and Operative weapon).

Grand Prizes for each of the Three Weapon Categories

• 100 platinum per category
• Item created in game
• Name of character included in the item description
• The name of the character must comply with the Terms of Service.
• Legendary item granted to a character of their choice on their account

6 Runner Up Prizes

• 50 Platinum to the best 6 runner’s up from any of the categories.

Deadline for Submissions – Tuesday, September 18th at 11:59 PM Central Time
The cut off time will be taken from the timestamp of the forum post of your entry.

Only one entry per person per category.
If you want to change your submission you can go to your earlier submission and edit the post to change to your new submission.

Judging
Entries will be judged by the Spacetime Studios Development Team. Equal weight will be applied to judging your visual design and your written descriptive component, so please spend time on both. You can include details about possible weapon procs or effects in your description. We’ll do our best to recreate those effects in game should you win.

Remember – all designs and art MUST be your own – created and submitted by you!

Here are the links to the submission forum threads:

Commando:http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?67856-StarLegends-Weapon-Design-Contest-COMMANDO-SUBMISSIONS-THREAD
Engineer: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?67857-StarLegends-Weapon-Design-Contest-ENGINEER-SUBMISSIONS-THREAD
Operative: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?67858-StarLegends-Weapon-Design-Contest-OPERATIVE-SUBMISSIONS-THREAD

Previous Contests
This isn't the first time that Spacetime Studios has invited their fans to step up to the creation table. Check out some of our previous Community Contests!

Fiery Weapons of Doom: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Design-Contest
Design a Hat Contest: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-a-Hat-Contest!
T-Shirt Design Contest: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Design-Contest
Art Competition: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...tion-Finalists
Wacky Weapon Art Contest: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56824-Pocket-Legends-Item-Design-Contest-Create-Humania-Legendary-Weapons!

Zaonabiuibil
08-31-2012, 04:05 PM
Sweet!

akfury
08-31-2012, 04:11 PM
i really wish i had skills in this area now ....

Worship
08-31-2012, 04:12 PM
I reserved my spot in commando!
:D Im so excited

Battlegrinder
08-31-2012, 06:35 PM
Well, this is cool. I don't think we've had a SL weapon design contest. Personally, I'm excited about the hints of how Scorn technology works, it'll be fantastic material for my novel.

Mitchturbo
08-31-2012, 06:57 PM
Awesome Sauce!!

Good luck everyone! I'm hoping to use one of your designed weapons with pride and joy later!!

evilgenesis
08-31-2012, 07:42 PM
How do u create these pics? What app/website do u use?

Mitchturbo
08-31-2012, 07:43 PM
How do u create these pics? What app/website do u use?

Use pen and paper and take a photograph if you wish :-)

evilgenesis
08-31-2012, 07:50 PM
Use pen and paper and take a photograph if you wish :-)

0_o ok let me re-quote. What can i use to make a pic like they used in attatchement or that doesn't involve pen or paper.

Mitchturbo
08-31-2012, 07:53 PM
paint, gimp, photoshop, photo editors, "Magic" Y'know, Simple things like that ^_^

evilgenesis
08-31-2012, 08:03 PM
paint, gimp, photoshop, photo editors, "Magic" Y'know, Simple things like that ^_^

Lol thx

Prestige
08-31-2012, 09:09 PM
I wouldn't use any of those unless you have a tablet :(. It's much easier just to draw it on paper rather than mouse.

Szangheili
08-31-2012, 11:38 PM
Good luck everyone, hope to see an awesome gun one of you guys made in the game later on in life ;)

Jahova
09-01-2012, 03:56 AM
Ima try all the characters if I can draw...

Xionskull
09-01-2012, 06:43 AM
I wouldn't use any of those unless you have a tablet :(. It's much easier just to draw it on paper rather than mouse.

You don't have to draw on a tablet guys!!!!!!!!!
Paper and pen is really good. This time around I'm not using a tablet device but a bamboo tablet. It like drawing on paper but it shows up on your computer like gimp or photoshop.

Rittik
09-01-2012, 09:31 AM
See i am not much of a graphix artist or stuff..but surely i can draw with Pencil and paper!
so can i draw and take a Pic on my Camera and post it? Sorry scanner gone nuts..

Rik[Rittik]

Mitchturbo
09-01-2012, 09:49 AM
See i am not much of a graphix artist or stuff..but surely i can draw with Pencil and paper!
so can i draw and take a Pic on my Camera and post it? Sorry scanner gone nuts..

Rik[Rittik]

Yes you can :-)

Jblazer
09-01-2012, 11:04 AM
i really wish i had skills in this area now ....

Ikr...

Jugernugetx
09-01-2012, 11:12 AM
I would join but i cant..

._. I feel noob now

Jblazer
09-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Why you can't join?

Btw like you're sig :P

eugene9707
09-01-2012, 11:32 AM
i guess im the only one making the gun in 3D? :star:

bronislav84
09-01-2012, 06:08 PM
What about non class based weapons? If I want to make a rifle or a one handed blaster where does it get submitted?

Cahaun
09-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Perfect! I'll make a great design!

Quebble
09-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Hm....Imma try the op class!

Slant
09-02-2012, 03:43 AM
omg that's such a harsh premise.... visuals for objects working using alien jinn technology is soo hard to think of
trying to make em in 3d too :) but even an mspaint graphic with a really good description may win here, there are two parts to the contest the visuals and the description

Zodiarck
09-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Ima go in for op and engineer my maine is a engineer and lol im true to the engineer ways so I use gloves and if ima wear gloves they better be the awesomest thing ever and the newly gained respect for ops since I got one to 40 lol ima make some awesome dual wields lol time to get, designing ;)

RedRyder
09-04-2012, 03:31 PM
I'll join for fun.

akfury
09-04-2012, 04:10 PM
I'll join for fun.

everyone get out of the way my money is on red ^^

thecrankybearsam
09-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Where is the appropriate forum thread

Popular
09-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Lol omg wth i never knew this

Mogunsforme
09-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Btw forgot my ign its Mogunsforme.

Mogunsforme
09-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Btw my character name is Mogunsforme

Adrianso
09-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Ima go in for fun, hopefully I can come up with a design :P

Androidmaster
09-05-2012, 12:12 AM
I think i got an idea!Sadly,i'm not gonna tell you guys!

But i can't send pictures or upload them,so i'll just send the idea to the developer and see if he likes it.

Morrigana
09-05-2012, 12:49 PM
I have questions please! Are the weapons supposed to be level specific? And am i designing a weapon to fight the scorn or am i desigining a weapon that uses scorn technology? Is that up to me? :o

thecrankybearsam
09-06-2012, 10:51 PM
everyone get out of the way my money is on red ^^

ive got something up my sleeve

thecrankybearsam
09-06-2012, 10:53 PM
I have questions please! Are the weapons supposed to be level specific? And am i designing a weapon to fight the scorn or am i desigining a weapon that uses scorn technology? Is that up to me? :o

I think theyre supposed to be level 45, because sts always makes the gear the level before the real cap, and I'm not sure if it's up to you or not lol

amirz./.amirulhakim
09-08-2012, 08:48 AM
nice

Energizer12
09-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Good luck to everyone :)

flashbackflip
09-09-2012, 03:12 AM
Good luck everyone!

I'm not taking part in that coz i don't like the turn of the Lore - devils from subspace? Omg.. This is not Diablo, right? So why to use that satanistic move and put hearts of devils into the weapons??

I was so hoping this game will stay sci-fi with more or less classic stuff like pirates/rebels/aliens.... Not devils in any case...

I'm not objecting devs decision - they seem to know what they do.. Just explaining why i'm out

Best luck dudes!

Slant
09-09-2012, 03:43 AM
the demons need not be evil, just another race of ethereal creatures that are invisible but can power objects such as talismans or weapons...
usually it's a sword, or a wand/staff, as against a cannon or energy blasters, which is why there is a disconnect between the premise and the tech
dont particularly like the direction either, but guess its ok for the story arc of a couple of updates

edit: just re-read, the demons are "evil" :(

RedStapler
09-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Hey Guys!

Don't forget you have six more days to post your weapon designs!

Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, September 18th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Keep drawing, everyone!

Mogunsforme
09-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Is that when cap raise is also ?

Mitchturbo
09-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Is that when cap raise is also ?#
Dont think so... I believe the cap could happen any day now. Most probably this Tuesday or Friday ;-)

I think i read somewhere that the contest winners Guns will be implemented in the game after the cap update.

RedStapler
09-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Hey everyone!

Don't forget that entries are closed tomorrow at noon, Central Time!

We can't wait to see what you've got!!

-RS

octavos
09-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Hey everyone!

Don't forget that entries are closed tomorrow at noon, Central Time!

We can't wait to see what you've got!!

-RS

No peaking k XD

ScornResistance
09-17-2012, 05:53 PM
How do you get sigs like that

RedStapler
09-17-2012, 06:18 PM
How do you get sigs like that

Hey ScornResistance!

Check out this thread for sig help! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39208-How-to-put-an-image-into-your-forum-s-signature

Thanks!

Azibas
09-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Isnt 11:59 pm Midnight?

octavos
09-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Isnt 11:59 pm Midnight?

Lmfao :ghost: and yes...typo ment am I think.

Azibas
09-18-2012, 03:28 PM
I did have a couple small updates to my entry that I was going to sneak under the midnight dead line... o well.

octavos
09-18-2012, 03:34 PM
I did have a couple small updates to my entry that I was going to sneak under the midnight dead line... o well.

I just guessed because the contest STS holds usually ends at lunch time for me XD... maybe 1 day extension would be cool since there was some awesome designs.

Rawrimafish
09-18-2012, 03:54 PM
redstapler, your stapler is pink in the sig

Szangheili
09-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Good luck everyone!

I'm not taking part in that coz i don't like the turn of the Lore - devils from subspace? Omg.. This is not Diablo, right? So why to use that satanistic move and put hearts of devils into the weapons??

I was so hoping this game will stay sci-fi with more or less classic stuff like pirates/rebels/aliens.... Not devils in any case...

I'm not objecting devs decision - they seem to know what they do.. Just explaining why i'm out

Best luck dudes!
Doesn't hurt to experiment does it?

Noobbe
09-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Hi - the contest rules said 11.59PM.. Central.. but the Engi thread is closed before. (Its 6.20pm Pacific today) - So I am going to post here hoping to get in. I was going to redo my drawing since by the time I finished, someone else did a "claw", but never got around to it. So rather than waste my efforts.. here goes:

Engineer
Item Name: Ancient Quantum Field Handlers
IGN: Cybrax
Damage: dps - norm range for engi
Special: Whither, -armor, -dmg to target
What it Does: allows the wearer to manipulate the quantum fields around the target, partly pushing thier body to an alternate dimension and weakening them in this dimension.
Looks like: three clawed, dark, aged mettalic gloves, with glowing scorn glyps on top and reinforced with a newer clasp around the wrist.
Sounds like: when shot, makes a loud hum like turning on high voltage power lines, only played backwards
Visual Effect: Non use: White glowing Scorn glyphs draw across the glove. When shot, Ultraviolet filaments appear from the finger tips, wrapping around the target briefly before being absorbed into the body and sending a pulse back along the threads to the handler, causing the gloves to glow.
In game Item Desc: "I added this device around the wrist which should prevent that nasty side effect of dissolving fingers. I cant do anything about the nausea." - Cybrax
Back story:
"Well, what did you find out?", asked the man in the military uniform. Insignias showed he was vey high ranking Admiral, perhaps even an advisor to the War Council. The engineer turned around from the table, giving the Admiral a glimpse of the artifact. The material was more advanced than anything he had ever seen, contrasted with an aged patina. It looked like solid metal but it moved like a heavy fabric, just like the ancient relic he used as a paper weight on his desk back at Command. The way it hummed and flashed made him queasy. It almost seemed... Unhappy. Maybe it was an effect of the Scorn glyphs. "Whatever it is, it isn't Scorn. Its much older." "Will it work?" the Admiral asked. The engineer replied, "I think so. The Scorn must have abandoned these because they are too hard to control. I've modified this one so it will work for us. But it will require someone with exceptional psionic ability." The Admiral raised an eye brow... "You think...?"

https://plus.google.com/photos/103260710648521567270/albums/5789693162071472593?authkey=CP2WzomjqI3nqwE

Schtoiven
09-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Same thing happened to me, Noobbe. I sent a help request email, but I'm going to follow your lead and post my stuff here just to be safe.

Schtoiven
09-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Character Name: Schtoiven
Category: Engineer
Item Name: (Schtoiven's) Slashing Gauntlets

http://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/t503/Schtoiven/?action=view&current=eng%20gloves_zpsb5e9cfc0.jpg
(http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t503/Schtoiven/Enggloves_zps3a20daf4.jpg)

Description: Sick of getting beaten up by the mercenaries in Dynastar, Schtoiven finally decided it was time for an upgrade to melee-capable weapons. Unfortunately, these didn't help so he threw them out. They were then discovered in a recycling can on Blackstar by some UC scientists who had been experimenting with demon souls. These scientists managed to energize the blades and installed the capacity to bounce energy between the blades and fire lightning. They have a tendency to fire backwards, most likely because the demons don't really like being used... Finding his design had been stolen, Schtoiven broke into the lab and reclaimed his new soul-infused gauntlets, and plans to use them to rule the universe! His expectations are definitely a little too high, but no one dares to tell him that.

Schtoiven
09-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Character Name: Schwift
Item Name: (Schwift's) Energized Magnums

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t503/Schtoiven/Op%20guns_zps5146963c.jpg

Description: Op guns designed to match the new set, sleek yet strong. Looking at the magnums is not recommended, as the two trapped demon souls can lead to insanity. Or maybe that's just the sheer power of the guns. Efforts to determine which was the real effect proved fatal, and further studies have been abandoned.

Schtoiven
09-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Character: Schteel
Item Name: Schteel's Plasma Catapult

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t503/Schtoiven/Com%20gun_zpsb83dd3c7.jpg

Description: Rushed this one out, coloring job is terrible. I apologize. The three demon souls trapped generate excessive heat, and need to be constantly exposed to air to remain cold enough. If they overheat, you'll have a big mess. On the bright side, someone else will have to clean up because you'll be dead or hospitalized. The catapult fires large plasma spheres. Color scheme is meant to match the new com gear.
Really not feeling imaginative, so simple description. Plus, I don't think I can match the descrip for my eng gloves.

Jojoisbeast
09-20-2012, 06:12 PM
When do they announce the winners?