PDA

View Full Version : Issue with PvE. (for Devs)

Reyven
08-31-2012, 05:16 PM
There's an issue with PvE. PvE is basically treating maps, the way that PvP does with games. It seems that only certain levels can do PvE together now. Which means, when someone with a low level character needs help in PvE, we can't help them. This is something that my guild does, we help other guild members when they need our help. Other guilds do this as well. I don't know if it's a bug or if this was done purposely, but it's frustrating my guild members and me. …so, if one player wants another player to join their map, just for fun, it's not gonna happen unless the other player is within those certain lvls. Hopefully, it won't stay this way. Thanks.

MightyMicah
08-31-2012, 05:22 PM
As far as I know the higher levels can play any level they want and still gain kills and xp and gold. It's simply the lower levels that can't go too high. So guilds can work together, but only by sending high levels down to the lower level dungeons.

Shaocalur
08-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Micah is correct.

However if say, a L28 joins a game and helps someone who is L16. The mobs will then become L28 and be much harder on that lower leveled player.

Carapace
08-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Micah is correct.

However if say, a L28 joins a game and helps someone who is L16. The mobs will then become L28 and be much harder on that lower leveled player.

This is correct, what we're beginning to see is as the level cap gets larger the gap in levels and what that means in regard to content difficulty is going to slowly grow larger. What i mean by that is when the cap was 21, a level 18 and a level 13 together wasn't so bad. Now a level 28 and a level 13 can hang out together, and that scaling is going to make it a lot more difficult.

Currently this is working as intended, but something I will look into. There may be a way to tweak this but given the nature of all the maps being doable at any level in conjunction with loot that scales means there are no "fixed" level areas like we have in SL and PL.

Reyven
08-31-2012, 07:45 PM
The problem was that when we tried to join a map with a lower lvl player, it wouldn't let us join. The message pops up saying that we are at too high of a level to join the current player. The difficulty of the map isn't the issue.

MightyMicah
09-01-2012, 12:23 PM
The problem was that when we tried to join a map with a lower lvl player, it wouldn't let us join. The message pops up saying that we are at too high of a level to join the current player. The difficulty of the map isn't the issue.

If what you are saying is true, then it should probably be reported as a bug.

Reyven
09-01-2012, 03:51 PM
If what you are saying is true, then it should probably be reported as a bug.

Thanks Micah.
Now that I know it's a bug, I will do that. I'm going to test it out to see if it continues to happen. It had happened to several members of my guild already, but I'm still going to try it again.

MightyMicah
09-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks Micah.
Now that I know it's a bug, I will do that. I'm going to test it out to see if it continues to happen. It had happened to several members of my guild already, but I'm still going to try it again.

No problem, good idea!

Phantomas
09-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Thanks Micah.

I will also try, it's really annoying that since update we cannot join anymore.
Just tested it, and i still get same message; 'Not allowed, character does not meet lvl zone requirements'.

Only between +5 lvls or -5 lvls i can join, all others i cannot help out anymore.
To clarify, let's say i am lvl 20, then other players fr lvl 15 to level 25, i can help. Below 15 or above 25 I cannot help.

I wld also I like to say,that I really like alot of the new stuff,
I just had to take a few days off, doing the new missions, trying to get my hands on the new vanity, trying to get new a title.
The dev team really improved the game, and when the 'bug' gets fixed, you wld really make myself and rest of guild very, very happy.

BeefyMeat
09-04-2012, 12:46 PM
The issue is that the Devs are damned if they and damned if they dont. If they allow mix level players, you have power leveling running rampant (anyone who's played PL knows the issues this causes at the level cap). If they don't allow mixed levels, then you get this complaint.

Also, sprinkle in a little of "what level do we make the enemy?" when you have a level 28 and a 13...20-21? Then you can still power level. I'd rather have no PL and have the game be tougher than have set level caps and PLing all over.

Reyven
09-04-2012, 12:52 PM
The issue is that the Devs are damned if they and damned if they dont. If they allow mix level players, you have power leveling running rampant (anyone who's played PL knows the issues this causes at the level cap). If they don't allow mixed levels, then you get this complaint.

Also, sprinkle in a little of "what level do we make the enemy?" when you have a level 28 and a 13...20-21? Then you can still power level. I'd rather have no PL and have the game be tougher than have set level caps and PLing all over.

This was a bug. Carapace mentioned that we are supposed to be able to do PvE with any level to level characters. Because it's a bug, it obviously is something that needs to be fixed. As I mentioned in a previous post, the difficulty of each map is NOT the problem.

StompArtist
09-04-2012, 12:54 PM
You and your guild are aware that when you join a low level player with a high level toon you drive the difficulty level all the way up for them, right?

Carapace
09-04-2012, 01:25 PM
We're looking into this, as it should allow players to join friends and guildmates explicitly

Reyven
09-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Thank you Cara! :)

Reyven
09-04-2012, 01:37 PM
You and your guild are aware that when you join a low level player with a high level toon you drive the difficulty level all the way up for them, right?

Yes, but we can kill for them. If they are having trouble with their own kills, we can come in and take care of what they can't, so they can complete the mission. For some reason, they'd rather have us there to help, even if it means that they're up against a tougher enemy.

BeefyMeat
09-04-2012, 02:13 PM
This was a bug. Carapace mentioned that we are supposed to be able to do PvE with any level to level characters. Because it's a bug, it obviously is something that needs to be fixed. As I mentioned in a previous post, the difficulty of each map is NOT the problem.

Read from above:

Micah is correct.

This is correct, what we're beginning to see is as the level cap gets larger the gap in levels and what that means in regard to content difficulty is going to slowly grow larger. What i mean by that is when the cap was 21, a level 18 and a level 13 together wasn't so bad. Now a level 28 and a level 13 can hang out together, and that scaling is going to make it a lot more difficult.

Currently this is working as intended, but something I will look into. There may be a way to tweak this but given the nature of all the maps being doable at any level in conjunction with loot that scales means there are no "fixed" level areas like we have in SL and PL.

BeefyMeat
09-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Yes, but we can kill for them. If they are having trouble with their own kills, we can come in and take care of what they can't, so they can complete the mission. For some reason, they'd rather have us there to help, even if it means that they're up against a tougher enemy.

Yes, but it still creates a challenge for you. That's not powerleveling. Powerleveling is where you go to a room where the enemies are signifcantly lower than you and present no obstacle and provide the lower players with XP for doing nothing.

What STS did in DL was eliminate that by scaling the enemies to the highest player. Sure, you can still kill them for a lower player, but it's not the cake walk other games are.

Reyven
09-04-2012, 07:11 PM
I don't think you guys are understanding the point of this thread. It has NOTHING to do with difficulty of the maps, enemies, or anything of that sort. The only problem there is, is that I am unable to join a map that a lower level player is running, because when I try to join, I get a message that tells me that I "DO NOT MEET ZONE LEVEL REQUIREMENTS".
Everyone keeps posting the same thing, in different words, yet it is irrelevant to the problem.

BeefyMeat
09-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Yes, we get that. We're explaining that it's the way the game was designed originally. To the point that a level 31 can't come in and ruin a level 8 players game by scaling the mobs up to 31. The part that may be a bug, or just an unforeseen circumstance of their design is not being able to join friends games.

Reyven
09-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Yes, we get that. We're explaining that it's the way the game was designed originally. To the point that a level 31 can't come in and ruin a level 8 players game by scaling the mobs up to 31. The part that may be a bug, or just an unforeseen circumstance of their design is not being able to join friends games.

The game was never like this, until the update. It must be a bug if Carapace says that we shouldn't be having this issue at all. I'm going to test the theory out with my lvl 18 character, to see if that is in fact what's going on. If my lvl 18 character can't join a lower lvl player, then I'll repost the outcome as a definite bug. We'll see.

Carapace
09-05-2012, 01:32 PM
this is a bug, but may not be completely addressed until the next client update. This means that it may be a ways out as we try and avoid those when possible - those are the ones where we require a re-download of the app from the respective market places. Thanks for your patience guys :vsmile:

Phantomas
09-08-2012, 02:10 AM
Thnx Carapace, we will inform the rest of the guild.
We understand it will take some time before this gets solved.

Blazndragn
06-17-2013, 11:03 AM
It's been more than enough time and yet this problem is still not fixed. I still am having this problem on a daily basis.